The S.H.I.E.L.D. Chronicles o...

By Elrita03

Co-writer @TylerSmith23 This story is for you and thank you for your help and all the ideas. Alex Hua has ha... More

Chronicle 1
Chronicle 2
Chronicle 3
Chronicle 4
Chronicle 5
Chronicle 7
Chronicle 8
Chronicle 9
Chronicle 10
Chronicle 11
Chronicle 12
Chronicle 13
Chronicle 14
Chronicle 15
Chronicle 16
Chronicle 17
Chronicle 18
Chronicle 19
Chronicle 20
Chronicle 21
Chronicle 22
Chronicle 23
Chronicle 24
Chronicle 25

Chronicle 6

69 0 0
By Elrita03

Season 1

Episode 2

Part: 1

Location: At the airstrip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been around a day since we agreed on trying to join the team. I actually had a shower and went shopping and got a few clothes. I pretty much stayed with Skye the whole time.

We were outside the plane. I was waiting for Skye to finish unpacking so we could go on. I stood out there with a backpack on as Skye started throwing duffel bags out.

She finally jumped out. She slugged both bags on her back and grabbed a box. She looked at her van sad as she was about to leave her home.

I just looked at her sad and said "Hey what's some help with a bag?" She looked at me and smiled as she nodded and slung one off for me to carry.

She started looking at the van again as a person was going to drive it away. "Hey, no joy rides, okay?" She said to the man. He looked at her strangely before continuing walking. "That's my house," I heard her mutter.

I hit her a little and said "Hey let's go." SHe nodded as we started walking on the plane looking around as we pass two cars. We walked a little more and we saw a lab.

The doors opened as Simmons and Fitz came out. "Agent Coulson told us the news. What a wonderful surprise. Isn't it Fitz?" Simmons said to him excitedly. "Yeah. Yeah, a surprise," Fitz said to us like in a daze. "You two must be very excited," Simmons said.

"Yep, first day of school," Skye said looking around. Fitz grabbed her box that she had. "I hated school," I whispered to her. She laughed a little as we climbed up these stairs.

Simmons was leading as Fitz was right behind me and Skye with her box. We made up to this upper level and that we've been before.

Fitz started explaining the plane a little. "Officially, it's an airborne mobile command station. But we call it the bus. We find it best to use shorthand when in the field. But everything has to be just so, you know, because of the danger." We were walking past things to the back a little.

"Yeah, we've been up here before, but we didn't see much because of the bags that Agent Ward put over our heads," Skye said to them. I smiled at them like we enjoyed that. I mean the place is nice and awesome.

"Yes, so sorry about that," Simmons said to us. She then looked at a place and grabbed a water bottle. "Water?" She asked.

Skye grabbed it as we hear May over the intercom say "Wheels up in two. Lock it or lose it." I looked up confused as Skye was too. "What does that mean?" I asked them. Simmons just looked at me energetic and said "no backing out now."

She then looked at Fitz and said "Let's find a bunk for our guests." She started walking off as Fitz started following her going around us. I looked at Skye and she looked at me as I took a breath before continuing following them.

"Okay, there are two bunks left, and there right next to each other," Fitz said and then dropped Skye's stuff and ran off with Simmons right behind him.

I dropped her bag in her bunk and went right to the left of her and dropped my bag on, I guess, my bunk. She dropped her duffel down and looked around her bunk.

I heard a little knock on the wall and came out to see Ward there. I leaned on the wall a little as Skye said "Hey. I know we didn't really..." Then Ward cuts her off and says "You might want to read that. This isn't like other planes." He walks off after he shoved a pamphlet in me and Skye's hand.

I opened it a little as it was confusing with all the different signs and stuff. This plane was huge. "You can say that again," Skye said to him. I nodded agreeing.

"Say what again?" Coulson asked as he popped up on us. I smiled at him and showed the pamphlet as I said "Sweet ride."

"I earned a little goodwill from director Fury when I got hit right before the battle of New York," Coulson says to her. Skye looked at me as he mentioned Fury and then said "You took a bullet?"

He shrugged a little and said "Ish. An Asgardian stabbed me through the heart with a chitauri scepter. The effect was similar. Got a few weeks' R&R and this plane. Had it completely refurbished. Studs up, spared no expense." Me and Skye moved from the bunks a little as we talked to Coulson.

I remembered that though. Loki stabbed him and he shot him with a weapon he didn't know how to use. All the Avengers think his dead. Pretty much anyone outside of S.H.I.E.L.D. thinks he's dead. I mean Black Widow doesn't know and she's in S.H.I.E.L.D. Or should I say 'was' now that she's dead too.

"Yeah, agent Ward told me they sent you to Tahiti," Skye said to him. "It's a magical place," Coulson said to us like it was a routine. I forgot that he constantly said that to you because Tahiti was fake and never happened.

"You mentioned that," Skye said to him. She was about to set her water bottle down on the table but Coulson stopped her and said "Here. Use a coaster." He set the coaster down on the table and sat down. She set the water bottle on the coaster as we both slid in and sat down.

"Buckle up," Coulson said to us. We started putting our seatbelts on as the lights started flickering. "I don't even know where we're going," Skye said to him confused as we all finished putting them on.

"Peru. That's where the 0-8-4 was reported," Coulson said to us. "And an 0-8-4 is...." I asked him confused.

"An object of unknown origin. Kind of like you two," He said to us. We both didn't say anything. "Team goes in, determines if it's useful, or if it poses a threat. Last one turned out to be pretty interesting," Coulson added.

"And what was the last one?" I asked him. He looked at us both and said "A hammer." My eyes basically widened as I realized he's talking about Thor. Thor, son of Odin, heir to the throne and did become King of Asgard and New Asgard.

We stayed on the plane for a while. Eventually, we got to move seats. Me and Skye moved to a seat near the window as I looked at the forest below. "Cool," I said aloud. "You mean awesome," Skye said to me. I looked at her and smiled a little. She smiled back as we continued looking.

A little bit later we landed kicking up dust. We got out and there were two cars waiting for us. We all jumped in a car as May was driving us and Ward was in the passenger seat.

We all climbed out as Fitz and Simmons went to the back to grab their cases. Don't ask me why I'm here, supposedly I'm the peace talker and maker, so investigating an O-8-4 shouldn't be part of it. Yet I'm here.

"Tire tracks 40 meters back. I'll check them against the site's trucks-- Make sure we're alone," Ward says looking around making sure no one was watching us.

"Too much exposure here. I'm gonna find a place to park," May says scanning the area too and going back in the car. I just looked at them both confused.

I looked and saw Skye walking alone with a bag in her hand. I jogged a little and caught up to her. "Hey," I said to her as I shoved my hands in my pocket. She smiled and said "hey" back.

We walked a little quiet until I said "how was the car ride?" She just nodded awkwardly and said "fine other than some stares." I nodded and said "yeah I got weird stares too but mostly from May and Ward."

"Right," She said. We looked around a little bit and I said "I mean what could possibly be....here." I trailed off as I saw the pyramid in front of me that looked ancient.

Coulson popped up next to us as he started leading the way. "We should warn the people who live around here if the O-8-4 is dangerous. They're already dealing with anti-mining rebels and the shining path guerillas. I could post something," Skye said to him worried.

We got a little closer to the pyramid where we stopped and he faced us. "Remember the panic when that anti-matter meteor splashed down just off the coast of miami, nearly devoured the city?" Coulson said to her. "No," She said, confused.

"Precisely. Because we kept it quiet and contained," Coulson said to her. "So what am I doing here?" She asked and then I added "me too?"

"Well, if it gets out, I might need you to create some kind of diversion, put the public on the wrong scent. And you, is because she won't go anywhere without you and you can talk and relate to people easier than we can," Coulson said to us.

"So everything that I'm against," Skye said to him. I looked at him and said "but I don't know any other languages. What do you expect me to do?"

He looked at me first and said "figure it out." Then he looked at skye and said "yep." He walked off and went up the steps as he started talking to the professor.

Fitz and Simmons took a picture as I made my way up the steps and stood right beside him. "Good morning, Professor. I'm Agent Coulson with S.H.I.E.L.D. I understand you've made an interesting discovery," Coulson said to the professor.

Skye came up and stood by me as the professor tried to explain to us what it was he found. "I-i'm not sure how to explain it. This temple dates back at least 500 years. It's filled with pre-incan artifacts. One of them is impossible and looks like it might be dangerous," The Professor said to us with an accent.

I patted him on the shoulder a little to try and relax him. "I guess that's why we're here. Why don't you show us it," I said to him. The professor looked at me and nodded as he relaxed a little.

He went into the crack and I showed Coulson to follow him. He looked at me and nodded as he started following him in. I followed him with Skye behind me and then Fitz and Simmons on the rear.

We walked in and immediately saw a metal box in the wall. There wasn't a lot of light and it came from a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and lights that are stringed on the two sides of the room.

"Exactly as we found it," The professor said to Coulson once everyone was in. He was mostly looking at me though. I guess I gained his trust.

Coulson went a little closer and said "Who else knows about this?" The professor looked at him and then at the object as he said "Just the ministry. I believe they are the ones who contacted you."

"Sir, I need you and your team to evacuate the site until we determine the risk associated with this object," Coulson said to the professor as Fitz and Simmons layed out their bags and opened them.

Droned started flying looking at all of us. One standing right in my face for a long time before continuing. One stood in the professor's face too.

"Leave the man alone," Simmons said to the drone like it was alive. It finally moved away from him. Coulson looked at me wanting to get rid of the professor.

I guess that's why I'm here. I breathed out as I grab the professor leading him to the crack we came through as I said "I think it would be best if you left for your own safety and your crews. Now." He nodded at me and I smiled at him as he walked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 148 19
Agent Melinda May always has trouble with her past in Bahrain. So when May has to deal with the powered people in afterlife, it's just like another B...
332K 12.4K 75
This is the story of Original Character Asia Monroe, an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. from the Operations school, hand picked by Strike Team Delta themselves...
190K 6.8K 40
"after that my life was just snapshots. horrible ones. but not all of them." snap • shot (n) - an informal photograph, taken quickly and with little...
1.1K 33 24
Rose spent two months in the Amazon with Druig, learning about her new powers that are known. Now back in the states it's been one month, and she's...