high school drama // soraxx

By sorajaxxlevi

sora, a nerd who nobody ever talks to unless they need homework answers. and jaxx, the popular heartbreaker t... More

chapter one - homework
chapter two - project and partners
chapter three - his place
chapter four - fangirls
chapter five - injuries, trust, and love
chapter six - facetime
chapter seven - truth be told
chapter eight - shopping center
chapter nine part two - jaxx's perspective
chapter ten - all falls down
chapter eleven - i'm sorry

chapter nine part one - the christmas dance

1.7K 25 61
By sorajaxxlevi

"So are you ready?" Levi questioned Sora, who was trying to put on his suit. "It's your big day."

"Levi, I don't know about this," Sora said while looking at himself in the mirror. "I feel like this was a mistake. I shouldn't have said yes to Jaxx."

"What? You can't back out now. Jaxx will absolutely hate you."

"Well, maybe, if I don't show up, it would be better. I mean, I don't have to talk to Jaxx. He could go back to hating me, and I don't have to deal with his annoying homophobic fangirls anymore."

"But Jaxx has been so excited to go to the dance with you. You know how many girls he rejected to be with you."

"Yeah, but they don't know that I am a boy. What if they hate on Jaxx because of that? I mean, look at me."

"There is nothing wrong with you, Sora. Maybe if you stop overthinking everything, the night would be just fine."

"Fine, whatever. Are you ready for your date with Light?"

"Scared, definitely. But I hope that tonight goes well."

"Do you think he's gonna show up?"

"I hope so. I don't want to look like a loser all alone at the dance. Like who would want to show up to some dance all alone. With no date and with no friends. I'd feel bad for them."

"Yeah, of course." Sora quietly said and leaving an awkward silence.

-

"So you have to meet Jaxx here?" Levi and Sora stopped at some tree on top of a hill pretty close enough to the school.

"Yup," Sora tiredly said. "Where's Light?"

"He said we're meeting somewhere else. I'm kinda nervous to meet up with him though." Levi looked down at the building where the dance was taking place. You could see the flashing lights from the top windows of the building. "I feel like I'm overdressed."

Sora looked at Levi's outfit. It was probably the most basic suit he could find. It was the normal suit attire, something you could search up on the internet and that would be the first thing you'll see. "Don't worry Levi, if anything, you look really basic."

Levi rolled his eyes at Sora. "Whatever. At least I'm not the one who's wearing a bright, white suit."

"Hey, it's actually light gray. Get it right."

"How much was the suit? It must be expensive since no one wears light gray." Levi said sarcastically. At this point, Sora is sitting down leaning against the tree from how tired he was.

"It was $199. I didn't want to buy anything too expensive. You know, I hope Light shows up in some bright purple suit with some sort of fairy light's covering him. Just to embarrass you."

"Lights sweet, he wouldn't do that. Wait, actually think about it, he would." Levi got shivers down his back and Sora laughed at him.

"Maybe you should go meet your little lover boy now."

"Yeah, I guess-"

"Oh, hey Levi! Sora!" Light, who bumped into Levi, was right in front of Levi's face. Levi, being the guy who is terrible at coming to terms with his feelings, was stuttering a "hi" with his face being bright red.

"Hey, Light. Ready for the dance?" Sora waved at Light and Light turned his body to face Sora and not Levi.

"More or less," Light said with a chuckle. He was also wearing a black suit, a lot similar to Levi's. Who knew Light was so basic too. But Light's tie was different from Levi's. Light's tie was purple while Levi's one was black. "Jaxx should be coming later, by the way. He got held back by some fangirls."

Sora rolled his eyes after hearing that. "Yeah, whatever."

"Are you ready Levi?" Light turned his direction towards Levi again. Flashing the brightest smile in the world.

"Yeah, of course."

"Yes, let's go!" Light rushes down the hill down leaving Levi by himself all stunned.

"Go chase after him, lover boy," Sora teased and Levi turned around all embarrassed.

"Shut up," Levi comments and walks down slowly, and follows Light.

Sora looks down the hill to see Light and Levi talking with each other. Sora looked around and got up. He dusted himself off and starts walking down towards the opposite side of the hill. He gets to the parking lot and gets in the car he drove to get here and leaves the parking lot.

-

"Hello Sora," Jaxx walks up the hill with open arms, but no Sora to be found. "Sora?" Jaxx looked around the hill but still, no Sora was found.

'Maybe he went to the bathroom,' Jaxx thought to himself. He went next to the tree, lying against it with on foot on the tree. He was on his phone to pass some time, hoping Sora wouldn't take so long to get back to their meeting spot.

-

It's been fifteen minutes, and no sign of Sora. Jaxx tried texting him multiple times but no response. Jaxx came down from the position he was in earlier and sat against the tree. 'Maybe he's talking to Light and Emo Boy,' Jaxx thought to himself yet again. 'Maybe if I wait a little longer he'll come.'

-

Jaxx was still sitting underneath the tree. Still, no Sora to be found. But, all of a sudden, the cyan color of Sora's hair was becoming more and more visible the more he climbed up the hill. Like a giant spotlight shining on top of him. Jaxx stood up and approached the boy. Sora was wearing his suit and Jaxx was wearing his.

"How fancy," Jaxx commented, walking up towards Sora. Sora didn't say anything though, keeping a blank expression. Jaxx reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. He opened it and pulled out a beautiful, diamond necklace. With a charm with the initial 'S' for Sora's name. "It's a gift, something small of course, for coming out here tonight with me. It means a lot."

Sora still never said anything. Stood there like a statue. "Come on, let's go. I want to go to the photo booth to take some pictures to remember tonight." Jaxx, with a smile on his face, was quickly walking down the hill eager to go to the dance. The night he was waiting for most for. And being able to go to the dance with a date who cares about him and doesn't like him for his looks and for his money excites him.

"Jaxx." Sora sternly said at the top of the hill. Jaxx, who was somewhat down the hill looks up at the boy.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Do you seriously think that I'll ever, go to some dance with you?" Sora said shocking Jaxx.

"Excuse me?" Confused, Jaxx walked up closer to Sora.

"You heard me. Why would I ever go to the Christmas dance with some pathetic loser?"

"Sora, what are you talking about? Pathetic loser? What?" Tears brisking Jaxx's eyes. 

"You don't get it, do you? No wonder why your parents left you."

Jaxx who was taken aback said, "Sora, shut up."

"At least my parents love me. At least mines didn't leave me after I came out to them. And all of your fangirls, only using you for your looks and for your money. Of course, nobody loves you. Not your family, not Light, and not me."

"Just stop!" Jaxx yelled at Sora with tears flowing from his eyes. "Just, shut up about it!"

Sora showed no reaction to Jaxx except a small grin on his face."Jaxx~," Sora says in a deep, song-like voice. 

"Can you be quiet?" Jaxx grabbed Sora's collar and pinned him against the tree.

"Oh, Jaxx~," the voices kept getting louder.

-

"Jaxx~."

-

"Jaxx."

-

"Jaxx!" Jaxx jumped up from his slumber to Light yelling in his ear. His breathing went at a very fast pace and his eyes were all watery. 

"What? What happened?" The redhead said while he tried collecting himself together. 

"What happened to you? And where's Sora?" Levi asked.

"I, I don't know." Jaxx scratched his head and groggily sat up. "How long have I been asleep for?"

"Maybe about an hour, an hour thirty minutes?"

"And Sora hasn't shown up yet?"

"Not that we know of."

"Oh," Jaxx looked down and took a deep breath. "Um, well. Do you guys wanna check out the dance?"

"Wait, really?" Levi raised an eyebrow at Jaxx but the redhead didn't notice. "Are you sure that you want to go?"

"Yeah of course! It's our last Christmas dance guys. I wouldn't miss it for the world," Jaxx stood up and dusted himself off. He didn't wait for Light or Levi's response and started walking down the hill towards the gym. 

Light and Levi gave each other a questionable look but slowly followed him. 

-

Jaxx, Levi, and Light entered the crowded gym where the dance took place. Jaxx looked at all of the happy couples who were dancing together and he kind of wished that Sora showed up to be here with him.

"I'm going to stand by the snack bar since that's where all of the action happens," Jaxx sarcastically said to the pair. "Catch you two later." Jaxx walked backwards waving goodbye and once he turned around Jaxx's smile fell almost immediately. He ran his fingers through his hair while letting out a long, deep breath.

Jaxx took out his phone again and tried calling the cyan boy but no surprise went straight to voicemail. 'He didn't block me, right? No, his phone probably died. Yeah, it's probably dead.' Jaxx hopefully thought that as he put his phone away in his pocket and walked towards the snack bar.

-

"Do you think Jaxx is okay?" Light asked Levi. They were sitting outside of the gym on some benches.

"What do you mean?"

"Wouldn't you feel bad if someone's date completely ditched them and they are acting as like nothing happened?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Maybe I should try calling Sora. See where he is." Levi took out his phone and started to ring Sora. Straight to voicemail. "Huh, weird."

"What happened?"

"It went straight to voicemail. Let me try again." This time, Levi went to Discord to call Sora. It rang for a bit before signaling that Sora declined the call. "No answer."

"Let me try," Light grabbed his phone and tried calling Sora but what a surprise, no answer. "Do you think that he blocked us?"

"I hope not. Maybe his phone is dead."

"Yeah, you can believe that. But Sora definitely ditched Jaxx."

"I wouldn't see why. I mean aren't they somewhat friends?"

"Somewhat friends? I guess you can say. They had their ups and, many downs. I mean they even kissed and-"

"What?" Levi shot up from the bench. "They kissed? Sora never told me this."

"Wait, didn't you know that Sora and Jaxx kissed?"

"No, how do you know?"

"Jaxx told me. Do you know how excited he was after they kissed? He called me right after it happened. He wouldn't stop talking about it for like an hour."

"How am I only hearing about this now?"

"I don't know, maybe Sora doesn't trust you." Light sarcastically said. "But it probably slipped his mind though as he did tell Jaxx to forget about the kiss."

"He did what!? Are you serious?"

"Wow, does Sora not trust you at all?" Light snickered and Levi sent death glares at Light. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But yeah. Basically, Jaxx and Sora kissed, Jaxx was really happy about it, then like what, a few hours later Sora told Jaxx to forget about the kiss. Jaxx was bawling after that."

"Oh," after hearing that it left Levi speechless. Sora telling Jaxx to forget about something so significant? Doesn't sound like him at all. 

"Yeah, I was surprised too once I heard. Maybe Jaxx and Sora are meant to stay enemies."

"I thought that they would have been friends at least."

"Yeah, but wait a minute, weren't you and Jaxx shopping for Sora? Did Jaxx buy anything?"

"Oh yeah, he bought Sora this necklace, a diamond one I think. And I think it had some sort of charm on it, I think it was his initial, the letter 'S', but I don't know for sure. Jaxx was really excited to give him his gift though."

"I'd presume that gift was really expensive. What is he going to do with it now?"

"I don't know. Maybe keep it for himself." Light rubbed his hands together to keep himself warm. The outfit they're wearing isn't suited for cold weather and the temperature was slowly decreasing. 

"Ugh," Levi groaned while standing up. "I don't really want to talk about those two right now. We can't let them ruin our night."

"What do you want to do?" Light joined the taller boy.

"Want to go to my place? Maybe watch a movie or two? It's getting cold out here so maybe we should go there to warm up."

"I'd love that."

The two left the bench to go to the parking lot but when Levi tried to find Sora's car, it was nowhere to be seen. "I guess Sora really did leave this place."

"It's okay, we can take my car." Light and Levi walked towards where they parked but their car was also gone. "Guess Jaxx left early too. Do you wanna take the bus?"

"How about we walk to my place. It's not a far walk and the moon looks beautiful tonight."

"I couldn't agree more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690 37 19
When Jaxx's parents dump him at a sleep-away camp for the summer, he is certain it will be the worst summer of his life, that is until he meets Luca...
5K 86 10
𝐻𝑖𝑠 π‘ π‘–π‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘Ž π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦, π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘¦ π‘šπ‘’π‘β„Ž π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘€β„Žπ‘œπ‘™π‘’ π‘ π‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘œπ‘™ 𝑖𝑠 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’. 𝐡𝑒𝑑. π‘‡β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’'𝑠 π‘œπ‘›π‘’ π‘π‘’π‘Ÿ...
4.2K 65 16
As usual, Sora and Jaxx flirt with each other, pretending they're dating when they're recording. But in real life they're bestfriends, or so they tho...
825 42 26
14 contestants have been selected ( 7 boys and 7 girls) to participate in a Love competition. The winner will win a trip to Paris France with the per...