Revelations

By XCHICKADEEX

When Seventeen-year-old Gracie Carteri moved to Oxford... she felt destined to be alone. That was until she m... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Book Two.
Ch 1 Betrayal.
Ch 2 Betrayal.
Ch 3 Betrayal.
Ch 4 Betrayal.
Ch 5 Betrayal.
Ch 6 Betrayal.
Ch 7 Betrayal.
Ch 8 Betrayal.
Ch 9 Betrayal.
Ch 10 Betrayal.
Ch 11 Betrayal.
Ch 12 Betrayal.
Ch 13 Betrayal.
Ch 14 Betrayal.
Ch 15 Betrayal.
Ch 16 Betrayal.
Ch17 Betrayal.
Ch18 Betrayal.
Ch19 Betrayal.

Chapter twenty five

1K 55 11
By XCHICKADEEX

I awoke to voices. Voices I would never have been able to have heard  when I was human. What where they angry over?

I listened closer, they were talking about me! I sat up, wrapping my hands around my knees. Jo, Taylor, and Leighton were arguing between themselves about how I got myself in the situation.

Simone and Evie were discussing the paperwork I would have to fill out to be accounted for in the vampire society. But they we're also saying, I should keep quiet about it for now. There maybe a few of Reaba's family members, or even friends, that might be out for revenge.

Really? Surely they would know I could hear them. The only voices I couldn't hear were Fealan's, Joshua's and Drako's.

I lay there just thinking. Thirteen hours ago I was human. I should never have gone into that coffee shop. Nobody should be arguing over me, or discussing my future, that was down to me. My life was my own.

I have to start accounting for myself. I got up and walked over to the light switch, turning it on. I cringed, the light was so bright, I noticed there were so many other shades of colour in it I had never seen before.

Blinking, I walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out my suitcase. I started packing. Tomorrow I'll sign the paperwork that somehow makes me legit, I'll say my goodbyes to my friends and I'll fly out to America to be with my parent's.

I'll come back when I choose to, not a day sooner. Of course, I'm going to miss everyone, but now I have to think of me, and me only.

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I quickly shoved my suitcase under my bed, turned the light out and jumped back into bed.

Seconds later I heard the doorknob turning. I knew who it was before they stepped through the door. It was Jo. She tiptoed over and got into bed next to me.

"Gracie. Gracie, are you awake?" I laid silent not saying a word, she laid with her arm draped over me, she continued speaking, I reckon she knew I was listening.

"I know you hate me. Everyone knows we did you wrong today. We do this kinda thing all the time, yet the one person we love with all our heart, we couldn't save till it was too late! We are all truly sorry. We'll forever be trying to make it up to you, but it will never be enough. I'm so sorry. Friends forever?"

That was all it took for me to be sobbing again. She heard me. I turned around and cuddled into her arms. I nodded. "Friends forever!"

She was crying too, now. "Oh, Gracie, I thought I lost you today. I was going out my mind with worry." I hugged her tighter.

"It's ok, Jo, you didn't lose me, I'm right here."

She ran her hand through my hair. "I know, but it's not the point." We laid there in silence for quite sometime before she spoke again.

"Leighton is so worried about you, what's going on? I know he's been a dick but he loves you!"

I huffed I told her all what Reaba had said, Jo shook her head. "There's no way, hon. She was lying to you. Trying to make you angry. Turn you against him. For whatever psychotic reason, Reaba was jealous. We all know there's no way that happened."

I listened to everything Jo said, and it sounded like Reaba, but it didn't change my mind about things. I needed to talk to Leighton about it all, and then decide.

I love him so much, but now, I didn't know if love was enough.

Would love be the very thing that destroys me?

When I woke the sun was piercing through my curtain. It was so bright I had to squint. I turned round to see Jo still fast asleep. I got up feeling very energised, and headed for the shower.

As the hot water rained all over my body my hairs stood on end. I could feel every droplet being absorbed through my skin. It felt amazing, never had it felt so good.

After towel drying my body, I got dressed and walked back into my room. Jo had gone, so I took the suitcase out from under the bed. Taking one last look at the room, I walked the long winding steps down to the kitchen.

They must have known. Well of course they would know. They were all sitting around the kitchen table. "Morning sweetie," Evie greeted warmly.

Oh please you guys, don't make this hard on me, I thought to myself. I smiled at Evie, plucked up the courage and spoke.

"I love you all to bits, and I'm so grateful for everything you have all done for me, but I need some time away." There were tears everywhere. Wow, they really did love me .

Drako scooped me up in a warm embrace. "We know, sweetheart. I've been on the phone to your Dad. They're expecting you."

I nodded. "Thank you."

He nodded, before handing me some bits and pieces.

"Here's some dollars and some phone numbers. Also, go to this guy every other day. He'll supply you with blood. He will also look after you. Here's the number for a good doctor too. Please stay safe pumpkin and come home when you're ready." He ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead before leaving the room.

The others were bit more difficult. Jo and Evie were in tears.

"Please Gracie don't go! Jo sobbed.
"I can't be without you, not even for a day." I hugged Jo tight.

"I have to Jo. I feel like I'm screaming inside. I need some time away."

She nodded. "Please don't hate me, promise me that."

I pulled her chin up. "Jo, I love you! I could never hate you, silly. Friends forever, remember?"

She nodded again. "Friends forever" and we hugged what seemed like forever.

I went over to Evie next. She was sitting at the table sobbing.

I picked up the pen and signed my name without even being asked. She pulled me into her lap and held me.

"Oh, Gracie. My sweet Gracie. Look after yourself. I'll always be with you, my sweet child."

I nodded. "Thank you for saving me that day, Evie." I kissed her cheek.

Fealan and Joshua hugged me at the same time, in a three-way hug they were both choked. "Hurry up and come home, sis. We'll miss you." I giggled.

"I'll miss you both, too." I went to walk out the door. I quickly turned back to look at them for what felt like the last time. "Give my love to Reagan, Taylor and Haydn." They all nodded, that was it, I walked out the front door and into the morning breeze.

As I got to the gate I reached into my pocket to find my phone to call a cab. Just then I saw Taylor's car. Oh thank god, I can say goodbye, but Taylor wasn't driving it was Leighton! Oh no! I really couldn't do this now. This will make things ten times worse.

"Gracie, please get in the car. At least talk to me."

I shook my head. "Leighton, I'm leaving. I need some time away."

He nodded half heartedly. "Yeah, I know. I'm taking you to the airport."

I decided not to make things worse and got in. "Why are your driving Taylor's car?"

He laughed. "It isn't his, it's mine. He borrows it." I couldn't help being in awe of him. He was looking at me.

"Were you really gonna leave without saying goodbye to me?" I nodded. "Why? What have I done wrong, Gracie? I know I let you down and it's broken me in two, not being here to protect you from everything and i'm truly sorry. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me"

I looked at him, shocked. "First, I don't have a heart anymore. Second, it isn't about you not being around for me." He looked confused, then he touched my hand.

"What is it then, babe? Talk to me. Don't shut me out."

I started telling him what Reaba said.

He was shaking his head profusely. "And you believe her?"

I shook my head. "I don't know what to believe, to be honest." he looked down at his hands.

"Ok, Gracie, I understand. But just know this, Reaba has never seen that ring. It's a ring we only give to our soulmate. We have to have it blessed by the elders. As for sleeping with her, if I had slept with another girl why did I feel like I was a failure that night? That you didn't enjoy it. I felt I had, sexually, let you down and it's been eating at me ever since. I love you Gracie and I have never loved anyone else, but I will give you the space you need. I'll be waiting for you when you decide to come back."

Tears were welling up in my eyes. I couldn't stop them from flowing. "That night I spent with you was the best night of my life. I've never wanted someone or something as bad as I wanted you. You never failed me, not one bit, but I still need time away to think." He nodded.

"Ok I will wait for you. You're my soulmate, Gracie. I will never love another. What broke my heart was knowing I might never have forever, but now I do." I giggled.

"What?"

I giggled again. "Yes, you would have. I was planning on asking you to turn me one day." He smiled and held me in his arms.

"I didn't think you would want too. Anyway, let's get you on that plane." I nodded I was excited about going to see my parents, but part of me was sad too. I had started my life here with Leighton and Jo, yet here I was bailing out on them.

When we got to the airport Leighton ushered me through the crowds of people. Whoa! Wait a minute, we were going past checkout. He was walking towards a side door and he opened it. We walked out towards the runway and to a smaller plane. He went up to the pilot and gave him my suitcase.

"You got everything you need, Hugo?"
He nodded. "Yes, sir."

Leighton turned to me, he was welling up and so was I. "Until we meet again then, babe. Day or night, call me, and I'll be on the next flight out."

I nodded. "I know."

He smiled, but that beautiful smile that always made me melt never touched his eyes. I know I was hurting him now, but I had to go.

"Call me when you get there, please" I nodded again. I hugged him and breathed him in so deep.

"I will miss you, Leighton Crow."

"I will miss you too, Gracie Carteri. Never doubt my love for you."

I smiled. "I love you too." And he held me tighter.

"Oh, Gracie, please don't leave me. I can't cope without you."

I placed my finger on his lip. "Shush. Yes, you will. You coped before you met me. You'll cope now, too." and I walked on to the plane and sat down.

Don't look out the window. Don't look at him. Look straight ahead. just as the plane was pulling off I looked. Darn! Why did I do that?

Leighton was kneeling on the ground with his head in his hands. That was the moment I knew. I might think I need this break, and maybe I do, but right now I was making a huge mistake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 5.7K 65
(Featured on Wattpad Romance!) First book In the Discover Soulmate Trilogy Everyone is born with a true soulmate. At least, that's what Imogen's...
2.9M 74.7K 30
Rochelle has moved multiple times after her mother's passing due to her father's suffering of his loss. After finding a new job in the city of Black...
86.7K 3.5K 43
Gemma has many theories on life, but being better off alone is her biggest one. That is, until it's being questioned by a boy from her past. ••• I s...
5.6K 259 54
Rebellious 17 year old Savannah King believes she has her life all figured out. After finishing high school, leave home and her mom, who she calls b...