Bloody Knives in My Leftovers

By helpfulIQ

An x reader story. (Hoodie x Toby x Masky x Reader. Wow a poly fic omg) When friends keep secrets it's usuall... More

Chapter 2: Sarcasm and Shitty Coffee Keeps Me Sane
Chapter 3: There's Vomit on my Sweater Already
Chapter 4: Embrace for Impact
Chapter 5: Trauma Bonding with A Manic Pixie Dream Girl
Chapter 6: Cracking Bloody Knuckles
Interlude: When Time Stills
Chapter 7: The Food Is Getting Cold
Chapter 8: Troubling Revelations Regarding the Babysitter
Chapter 9: Masked Faces Cause Panic Attacks (And Hot Men Cause Confusion)
Chapter 10: Baby's First Trophy
Divergence
Chapter 11: Enter 'Slenderman'
Chapter 12: Squirming and Writhing
Chapter 13: Old Faces New Places
Chapter 14: Honesty is NOT the Best Policy
Author's Note
Re-Master

Prologue: Lesbians and Eye Contact for the Anxious

1K 17 11
By helpfulIQ

(Y/N) - Your Name

(f/c) - Favorite Color
( This is an x reader. You should know the terms. If not, look it up. <3 :) )

Contrary to popular belief, starting your morning with three cups of coffee won't magically improve your mood at seven AM, if anything it will just make you a slightly more energetic tired asshole. Regardless, you stayed leaned against the counter with a paper cup filled to the top with black coffee, not bothering to pay attention to your other co-workers. Your manager had already approached you, in fact she was the one who handed you the second cup of coffee, mumbling about a pay raise and giving you a strained smile. Having to wake up at the crack ass of dawn just to get to work on time was really starting to wear you down, no matter how much you bitched though, it was what paid the bills at the end of that day.

"(Y/N)!" You jumped up and nearly spilled your hot coffee everywhere, startled by the shout. You turned with the most dead expression you could muster until you saw who had shouted, one of your closest work friends, Riley Montgomery. Morrisville, North Carolina wasn't the first place you thought of when asked to picture a classic opportunistic ball of sunshine, but here she was.

A smile couldn't help but to form on your lips, setting down your caffeinated drink to meet Riley halfway as she instantly brought you into a hug. Even though she just came from the snowy outside she still felt warm and smelled like cinnamon and vanilla. 'Must be a new perfume...' She was grinning ear to ear as she pulled away from the embrace. "Hey! You're earlier than usual! Did your roomie wake you up again?" You shook your head and walked back to the half empty coffee pot and poured her a cup.

"No, Bailey sleeps like the dead, especially on weekends." Riley laughed and took the hot cup from your outstretched hand, blowing cool air over the top. "How'd she feel about the big midterm?"

Bailey was your eccentric college dorm roommate who was in her senior year of university, she was majoring in engineering and had recently begun studying for her midterm test. Riley had only been over to your shared apartment a handful of times but each time Bailey had gushed about how pretty and nice she was, ever the raging lesbian. You laughed and reached over to grab your green Starbucks apron off the hook, "Oh she was complaining the whole day when she got the announcement, been studying like a crazy person."

Riley smiled warmly and began putting on her own apron, her long blonde hair already tied up in a loose ponytail. You could see how your roomie could fall for a girl like Riley, she was exceptionally pretty, tall, and of course the gentle curves of her hips and chest. Her fair skin was spotted with freckles, which made her bright green eyes stand out. "You know I actually was out shopping yesterday for new pens and I found this super cute notebook I think she would love. It might help her be more organized?" She seemed nervous as she spoke, her cheeks pink with the question. You placed a hand on her shoulder, "You're totally in love with her." Riley's eyes blew wide as her face went red, you let out a loud laugh and bent over to catch your breath as your stuttering co-worker flailed for a response. "You're so mean to me!!!" As you stood back up and wiped a tear away from your cheek she shoved you gently with one hand, pouting as she took a long sip from her coffee.

Before you could give her a witty response the front door chimed, letting you know a customer had entered. You quickly turned back around, not before sending a wink to a sulking Riley. "Good morning! Welcome to Starbucks!" Your usually fake cheery good morning voice was filled in with a slightly more genuine one, still in a good mood from the teasing. The man came up to the counter and tapped his fingers against the marble, his eyes scanning the menu above your head and then zeroing in on your name tag.

The name tags were a new policy from the top branch, to help the customers feel more comfortable, but as the man in front of you said your name with a smile you wanted to tear off the name tag and toss it in the blender. You hated the lack of privacy you got from the dumb thing. "Good morning, (Y/N) --" 'God, what a way to start the morning...' " --- Could I get a large hot coffee, creamer, no sugar?" You sighed inwardly as the rest your good mood faded away, of course he would have no idea how the sizes work. "I'm sorry sir, we don't have a large size." Your polite customer service smile twitched as he raised an eyebrow and sneered at you. "God, you make this way too complicated. Fine, I'll have a venti hot coffee with only creamer. Got that, (Y/N)?"

You really wanted to reach over the counter and throw your leftover coffee on his neat blue business shirt, but you refrained. "Sure, I'll get that started for you. Your total is two fifty-five. Could I get a name for the order?" The man rolled his eyes and handed you a five, "Wallace." You put it into the register and counted out his change. You doubted he would tip you, not after all the grumble of the size system. "You can wait by the counter over there." You lazily pointed to the other side of the store as he snatched his money and walked away. You smiled to yourself and slipped the quarter you stole into the empty tip jar, that at least made you feel a tad better.

"Riley! Freshly--" "Freshly brewed dark roast with only creamer for a Mr. Wallace? Got it!" You let a smile settle on your face as you watched your friend give you a thumbs up and began working on the order. The two of you were a great team, you really hoped Bailey wouldn't screw up with Riley...They'd be cute together.

You tapped your nails against the counter and watched the snow gently drift down to the ground, it made you shiver just thinking about having to be out there. With a sigh you managed to drown out the loud gurgling noises from the machine behind you, instead focusing on the low playing pop song that leaked out of the speakers. You wished you had just called in sick for work today, already knowing the bus was going to be cramped and freezing today, with a high chance of you slipping on the black ice and falling on your ass.

"Order for Wallace!" Riley's preppy service voice made you chuckle under your breath, she had a special power to remain so chipper, even when the customers were dicks. The man smiled snootily and grabbed his drink off the counter top, sliding a cardboard grip onto it and nicking a wooden stirrer. He didn't make another remark as he walked out of the shop, one hand stuffed into his coat pocket. Another long work shift was staring you down as you stood taller and greeted the next customer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"(Y/N), break time!" You looked up from the machine you were trying to fix with a relieved smile. "Aw c'mon dude! Can you at least finish fixing it?" You shot a glare at Landon, your male co worker who had broken the appliance.

"You can figure it out, I got some faith." You really didn't, he was an eighteen year old stoner who always called in sick at the last minute. Landon ran a hand through his copper brown hair and sighed loudly, you didn't care, you knew it was just him trying to gain sympathy points from you. "Deal with it." With the last word from you thrown in you walked away and linked arms with Riley.

The two of you had convinced the manager, Lia, to let you have breaks together after the second day of working together. "I heard there's a new bagel shop opening across the street, fancy one?" You snorted and tugged off your apron, replacing it with your puffy winter coat and scarf. "We have bagels here, Rie." Riley shrugged and zipped up her own jacket, re-linking arms with you as you exited through the back door. "I know, but it's supposed to be super gooooood! My treat!" You huffed and shook your head playfully, the both of you already heading to the crosswalk. "Fine, fine, since you insist. But if it's shit then you owe me." She just laughed at your comment and pressed the crossing button with her elbow.

You both ran across the street as the light above flashed yellow, careful not to slip on the icy roads. The warmth of the bakery was an extremely welcome change from the bitter cold and you inhaled the sweet scent of baking bread and silky teas. "It's heavenly..." Riley was practically bouncing on her toes, taking back her arm to look around the shop and at the teas on the walls. 'If this is the competition I'm totally fine with this.'

The worker at the front smiled at you, he was short and wore a rainbow pin on his uniform shirt. "Hello, what can I get for you today?" You glanced up at the menu and then back at your giddy friend. "Give me two everything bagels with cream cheese, one black coffee, andddd..." You trailed off, trying to pick a drink for Riley. "And one rose-hip tea please!" The worker rattled off the total and you took a seat at one of the booth tables, waiting for Riley to finish paying.

Riley came bounding over with a bright smile, holding a small receipt that she quickly tucked into her jacket pocket. "Doesn't it smell absolutely amazing in here?" You nodded and scooted over on your seat to let her in. "Yeah, somehow better than the smell at Starbucks." You were being sarcastic, the shop where you both worked smelled the same everyday, stale pastries and strong perfume from the moms who asked for the manager. Although you expected this place would be the same after a month of being open, there was no way to avoid it after a while.

"Order 65" Riley double checked her receipt, (even though there was no one else in the store), and then strode over to the pick-up counter to the waiting employee who had set two drinks down as well as two brown bags. Your eyes followed Riley as she made small talk with the teen, her eyes crinkled in a warm feeling that you could never replicate.

How can someone still be that bubbly, even with all the shit that had happened to her? Your mind wandered to the day she came into work with tear-stained cheeks, her hands shaking and her bright green eyes shifting around to anyone and everything. She never told you why, only gave you a long hug and a pained smile that never reached her watery eyes. You didn't ask, how could you? It was like she was this perfect illusion of everything you used to be, everything you wanted to be. She was an angel.

"A bagel and coffee for you, m'lady." Riley had slid back into the seat, the food and drink already set up on the table. You muttered a thank you as she hummed to herself and re-did her ponytail, her baby pink nails running through the golden blonde delicately. You unwrapped your bagel and took a bite.

It wasn't terrible. You were usually bitter and forced when it came to your job and the customers but the service here seemed genuine and kind, like they enjoyed the work. The food was soft and tasted fresh and slightly sweet, everything perfectly portioned. Again, you couldn't imagine this place lasting more than a month in this neighborhood, there was just no way. You were sure that when Starbucks opened up across the street it was the same, just as simple and welcoming. Unfortunately, you joined the team as a barista much too late to experience that. God, you missed your old home.

No, now you really didn't want to think about it. Focus on the bagel instead, the boiling coffee, anything but-- red and blue flashed across your vision as a police car sped across the bakery window, your eyes widening as you watched it disappear around the corner. Suddenly, you remembered the sirens and the lights, when you were the only one to wake again. The only one to live.

You didn't realize you were crying until Riley grabbed your arm and gently squeezed, bringing your glassy eyes to look at her instead of the street outside. "(Y/N)?" You shook your head, hand coming up quickly to wipe the fallen tears from your cheeks. "Shit shit, I-," you paused, did you want to open up that much to your Starbucks coworker? Sure, she was your closest friend besides Bailey...but.. "I don't know why I'm crying. Must be the excess coffee or something." As you spoke you pushed away your paper cup, looking anywhere but at Riley's concerned stare.

You knew she wouldn't buy your shitty excuse, you could sense it. She didn't press though, only dropping her hand to engulf yours, squeezing lightly. You let out a shaky breath and turned to her, removing your hand and wiping your face again, a false smile on your face. "Let's head back, I'm sure we're almost over our break time." She hesitated for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek as she tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "Maybe you should ask to leave early."

You understood why she had advised that. After all, Riley had never seen you cry before, at least not while at work. You were the type to bottle up all your emotions and then go home to collapse on your bed and scream into your pillow. You inhaled deeply, savoring the warm air and smells of baking bread. "Sure, Rie. Let's just leave."

Riley gathered your leftover food and you gulped down your hot beverage, the liquid nearly burning your throat as you swallowed. Riley led the way out the door, the worker bidding you goodbye as you both entered the cold atmosphere yet again. Riley scrunched her nose at the temperature and speed walked over to the crosswalk, you following close behind.

When you finally convinced your manager to let you off early she waved her hand and reminded you as you zipped up your hoodie that you were required to do overtime the next shift. You hesitated before nodding your head, collecting your belongings into your backpack and rushing out the door. You knew if you stayed a minute longer she would give you more work to do, tough love she called it.

You only had to wait ten minutes for the bus. Since you had to sell your car when you moved to Morrisville to pay for bills, public transportation was your only means of getting around the city. The bus driver greeted you as you walked on, swiping your bus pass and shrugging off your bag to sit down. The worn (f/c) backpack claimed the seat next to you as your rubbed your hands together and blew warm air into them.

You knew the route like the back of your hand by this point, so you were expecting the two extra stops at four pm on a Saturday. Your cheek was squished against your palm as you leaned on it to stare lazily out the window, not paying any mind to the people getting on the bus. A lot of part time teens were getting off at this time so the bus filled pretty quickly, full enough that a man stood right beside your seat, large hands holding onto the strap on the ceiling to keep from falling over. You ignored him for the most part, but the strong scent of cigarettes and metal made your mind and eyes wander.

He was average height, dark brown hair was messy in light waves that definitely needed a trim. He had thick sideburns that framed his face and brought attention to his lips, which were pulled into a resting frown as he scrolled through his phone with one hand. His lashes were long and covered deep set eyes that were a warm hazel color, almost comforting if he wasn't so...tough looking. You could tell he definitely worked out, it was evident even through his tan winter coat.

Suddenly his eyes snapped up and one thick eyebrow raised as he met your eyes. Your ears went pink with embarrassment as you cleared your throat softly and looked away, your hands fidgeting in your lap. Luckily your stop was next, which would rescue you from the awkward tension. You tucked a stray piece of hair behind your ear and then stood up as the bus stopped, gathering your bag and hurrying off. The last thing you caught of the man was his beige work boots, a pair of Tims.

As soon as you made it into your shared apartment you threw down your bag and groaned loudly, promptly getting down onto the living room floor and sprawling out on the carpet. There was a voice from another room, footsteps coming closer. "(Y/N)?" Sure enough your elusive roommate came striding out of the hallway and stood above you, hands on her hips.

Bailey Martin was the best roommate you could possibly ask for. She was a neat freak with a big heart, often the one cooking dinner and reminding you to wash your face. She was like a tough love mom friend with a French Canadian accent that could make any woman fall for her. Not to mention she was extremely pretty and eye-catching, with smooth mocha skin and bright blue braids that hung down her back, usually pulled into a messy bun. Her eyes were a soft grey that held a fiery determination, especially when working on projects for class... or when it came to Riley. She was a wonderful friend.

You smiled up at Bailey, not moving from the floor to greet her. "I can recognize that groan anywhere... Did something happen at work? You're home earlier than usual." Bailey's voice was stern, though you could see the soft concern in her eyes. You sighed and then reached up an arm for her to pull you up to your feet. "I just wasn't feeling well." Immediately she wrinkled her nose and stepped back, dropping your hand. "Go wash your hands, if you get me sick the day before my test I might kill you myself." You laughed and picked up your backpack from the floor, making your way to the couch and flopping down onto it. "Not that kind of unwell, Bails. I mean...emotionally." Bailey frowned and quickly flipped her wrist to check her watch. "How about I bake some brownies then? Cheer you up and distract me?" You smiled and nodded, "Sounds amazing."

When you emerged from your room in your sleep clothes the sweet smell of chocolate floored you. Your blue haired friend was swaying to a musical track, mumbling the lyrics as she ran a knife through her baked creation. "Holy shit! That smells amazing." You inhaled again and slid into a stool at the breakfast bar, leaning over the marble to stare at the gooey brownies. "I know, I'm a fantastic baker but hands off till they cool." You pouted a little as she continued cutting the portions, a little grin on her lips. "Fine fine.... Can I at least get the milk ready?" She hummed in approval to your question, setting the knife down. You got off your stool and entered the kitchen, throwing open the fridge door to get out the milk.

Bailey was severely lactose intolerant so the only milk that was allowed in the house was almond milk and oat milk. You didn't mind that much, it was a lot better than having to wait thirty minutes for the shared bathroom.

You brought out the carton as Bailey set down the plastic cups for you. They were your 'friendship cups' as you called them. You had brought them home from a happy meal, they were My Little Pony themed. Bailey having a brightly colored Fluttershy and yours with a sparkly Discord. She had laughed when you showed them off that night, when you filled them with wine and handed it to her.

Once the cups were filled with fake milk and the brownies cooled on individual plates the two of you sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Season six, episode thirteen of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

It wasn't long before you forgot all about the panic attack and the stranger on the bus. The day came to a close with a happy ending.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.7K 46
Hey everyone! This is my first fanfic and I hope u enjoy it. This book contains stuff about creepypasta that not may be correct but I don't know ever...
252K 10.3K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
945K 44K 113
-Temporary Hiatus- Aspen, A broken nobody. His family is broken, His mind is broken, His heart? Well there's not much left. . . Hopefully his soulmat...
1.3K 40 16
Ticci Toby x Reader I do not own most of these characters. Hoodie and Masky (Brian and Tim) belong to Marble Hornets. The rest of the Pastas belong t...