THE DARKEST HOUR ² ✢ stiles s...

By peachpick

(ON HIATUS!) 𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑡 𝑾𝑢𝑳𝑭 ✢ ❛ so, i'm going to have these voices in my head and a ghost followin... More

𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’…π’‚π’“π’Œπ’†π’”π’• 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓
𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆. who am i?
β €β €β €π’Š. LG
β €β €β € π’Šπ’Š. the beginning of the end
β €β €β € π’Šπ’Šπ’Š. missing
β €β €β €π’Šπ’—. dead on arrival
⠀⠀⠀𝒗. the resurrection
β €β €β €π’—π’Š. haunted
β €β €β €π’—π’Šπ’Šπ’Š. the weakest link
β €β €β €π’Šπ’™. gasoline
β €β €β € 𝒙. honorary guest
β €β €β € π’™π’Š. may it be me
β €β €β €π’™π’Šπ’Š. unusual alliance

β €β €β € π’—π’Šπ’Š. patterns

810 55 23
By peachpick

KID YOU'RE A CUT ABOVE,
ALWAYS JUST A CUT
ABOVE THE REST.

SEASON 3, EPISODE 4
unleashed

"YOU KNOW THAT there's a temple in Calcutta where they used to sacrifice a child every day?" Stiles asked Lydia, following a step behind her as she kept her distance from him. "That's every day a dead baby, Lydia. Every day! Hey, you want to know what today is? It's dead baby day. Oh, no, wait, that's every day because every day is dead baby day, yay!"

⠀⠀⠀Lydia paused, frowning as she turned to stare at Stiles with narrowed eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"Why are you telling me this?" Lydia asked him.

⠀⠀⠀"Because I don't want to put more stress on Willow than she already has, same with Bridgette and Scott's dealing with the Alpha twins," Stiles explained, sighing. Lydia looked at him in confusion. "You don't know about the twins?"

⠀⠀⠀"Alphas?" Lydia asked.

⠀⠀⠀"Ethan and Aiden."

⠀⠀⠀Lydia turned away from him, nodding her head.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I knew about them," Lydia said a little too quickly and diverted their conversation to something else that caught her attention. "What's wrong with Willow? Other than the fact she was kidnapped."

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, she died," Stiles explained.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia's mouth fell open in shock, her eyes widening, but Stiles continued without giving her a second to catch up.

⠀⠀⠀"So, look, here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that the murders maybe come in threes. Ancient people love things in threes, right? So, maybe first it's three virgins, and then, I don't know, maybe it's three people who own little dogs."

⠀⠀⠀"I own a little dog," Lydia told Stiles, snapping a glare in his direction. "I am not getting rid of my dog!"

⠀⠀⠀"Would you just think about getting rid of your little dog?" Stiles asked her.

⠀⠀⠀"No," Lydia told him sternly. "What do you mean Willow died?"

⠀⠀⠀"She was one of the sacrifices," he explained, closing off his emotions to try and keep himself from getting too emotional.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia looked at Stiles skeptically and said, "But she's alive."

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, Rowan brought her back to life," Stiles continued to dump on her.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia stopped in her steps, taking a moment to process what exactly Stiles was telling her. Stiles turned back, knowing it was a lot but feeling like time was cut short.

⠀⠀⠀"She's alive," Lydia said, repeating what he had told her.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah."

⠀⠀⠀"And Rowan brought her back to life."

⠀⠀⠀"Yes."

⠀⠀⠀"And she was a sacrifice."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles nodded his head.

⠀⠀⠀"So, does that mean they need another virgin, or does she count since she did, in fact, die?" Lydia asked, her expression worrying at the sudden realization.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't know," Stiles sighed. "That's why Scott, Bridgette, and I are keeping a close eye on her."

⠀⠀⠀Lydia let in a deep breath. She shook her head, trying to accept what she had just heard, then continued from their previous conversation.

⠀⠀⠀"By the way, you cannot discern a pattern by a single data point. So stop trying," Lydia told Stiles simply, heading toward their class again.

⠀⠀⠀"Wha—Okay, so what?" Stiles asked, annoyed. "I'm just supposed to wait around for someone else to die, then? I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait for them to wither up and die right in front of me?"

⠀⠀⠀Like Willow.

⠀⠀⠀"Wither?" Lydia asked, pointing out his word choice rather than on anything else.

⠀⠀⠀"You know what I mean," Stiles brushed her off. "Die, in just a hideously awful, strangulating, head-bashing, throat-cutting kind of way."

⠀⠀⠀"Maybe it's not your job," Lydia retorted, trying to take the pressure building up on Stiles. "You said it yourself. They were strangled with a garrote. Including Willow, I presume. That's a human thing to do, so... Maybe just leave the figuring it out part to someone human."

⠀⠀⠀"You mean someone like my dad?" Stiles added for her.

⠀⠀⠀"No, I mean your dad," Lydia retorted, beginning to veer off to her class. "The Sheriff!"

"YOU TWO ARE out of school early," Deaton greeted the two teenagers as they walked into the animal clinic.

⠀⠀⠀Willow had been practically dragged there by Stiles. Stiles felt like the man might have answers for both of them. However, Willow had her half-baked answers that she was content with and didn't feel like sharing.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, free period, actually," Stiles explained. "Um, I was just headed home to drop off Willow then see my dad. He's, uh... you know. I guess you probably heard people are kind of getting murdered again. It's his job to figure it out."

⠀⠀⠀"I gathered as much from the Sheriff title," Deaton responded with a small smile. However, Willow didn't miss how his gaze turned from Stiles then to her and back again.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, um, you know," Stiles continued nervously. "It gets kind of hard for him to do his job when he doesn't have all the information, and we all know he's missing pretty much half the story here, right? So, then I started thinking, and I remembered someone who does have a lot of information. Someone who always seems to know more than anyone else around here... You."

⠀⠀⠀Deaton led them into the back of the clinic to continue their conversation.

⠀⠀⠀"Willow, how are you?" Deaton asked her before Stiles could continue with his little rant.

⠀⠀⠀"Fine, why?" Willow asked.

⠀⠀⠀"I heard that you were murdered and brought back to life," Deaton explained with ease. As if being resurrected happened every other day for him. He picked up a flashlight from the counter and raised it to show her. "Do you mind?"

⠀⠀⠀"Uh, sure," Willow muttered, not sure how else to respond.

⠀⠀⠀Deaton smiled and stood in front of her. He put the light in her eye and tested the dilation then with the other. When he was done, he seemed satisfied with the results.

⠀⠀⠀"Have you been noticing any side effects since you came back?" Deaton asked her.

⠀⠀⠀"Uh, no," Willow responded.

⠀⠀⠀Deaton looked at Stiles, and Willow sighed, knowing he saw through her.

⠀⠀⠀"My powers are gone," Willow explained, rolling her eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"Stiles," Deaton called. "Why don't you step out for a minute?"

⠀⠀⠀"But—"

⠀⠀⠀"Stiles."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles groaned loudly, turned on his heel, and walked out of the backroom to sit in the waiting room, the door slamming shut behind him.

⠀⠀⠀"Are you more comfortable now to tell me what's happening?" Deaton asked with that tone akin to what a guardian would give to someone, and Willow didn't like it.

⠀⠀⠀She glowered at him in annoyance because he saw straight through her. Willow didn't respond and kept her eyes trained on him despite watching Kit from her peripheral as they walked around Deaton curiously. Kit brushed past Deaton, and a chill ran down his spine. Deaton narrowed his eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"Someone else is here," he claimed.

⠀⠀⠀"Woah, dude, how did he know that?" Kit mused. They stopped in their tracks to stand right in front of Deaton, waving their hand in front of his face. Deaton didn't flinch, unable to see them.

⠀⠀⠀"Who?" Willow asked him, not giving in to his question.

⠀⠀⠀"You know who," Deaton retorted. "You can see them."

⠀⠀⠀"I can see you."

⠀⠀⠀"Willow," Deaton sighed, not thrilled by her stubbornness. "There is an old legend of people who have come back from the dead, but they're not the same anymore. Typically, it depends on how they were brought back. So, say you die in the hospital for a few minutes, but the doctors bring you back to life with CPR or other known methods, it wouldn't happen to them. But if you were brought back by, say, transmutation, it would differ."

⠀⠀⠀"What would?" Willow asked.

⠀⠀⠀Deaton raised his eyebrows, seeing that she wasn't necessarily denying his words now.

⠀⠀⠀"The veil between the living and the dead," Deaton explained simply, resting his hands on the counter between them and putting each hand on two opposite sides. "There are different amounts, but the veil is always open just enough for everyone. It's why I can feel a chill run up my spine or see a figure out of the corner of my eye. Others are born with more sight, and others are gifted it because of other reasons. Such as dying."

⠀⠀⠀"See, I told you it was a gift," Kit taunted her.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't want it," Willow told him quickly, slamming her hands on the counter. "How do I get rid of it?"

⠀⠀⠀"Once the veil is opened, it can't be closed. Think of it like a locked door. You are on the side that cannot unlock the door, but those who have died are now on the other side and able to lock and unlock it as they please, entering and exiting our world continuously. However, if you went to the door, there is no way to open it other than the handle.

⠀⠀⠀"But, for you, Willow, you died and have seen the other side. You are now back in this realm, but your soul acts as a key for a door that doesn't have a lock. You're able to see those coming back and forth because you've been to their world and now must live with them."

⠀⠀⠀"So, I'm going to have these voices in my head, and this stupid ghost following me around is gonna be bothering me forever?" Willow asked him desperately.

⠀⠀⠀"You know, you're really rude," Kit told her, crossing their arms. "I think I'm gonna ask if I can trade you in for a different witch that died as a sacrifice and got brought back to life by their brother."

⠀⠀⠀"I'm afraid so," Deaton sighed, giving Willow a pitiful look that had her head spinning. "You can, however, learn to train your mind. You can learn to dull or tune out the voices, and if there's a couple ghosts that tend to stick around you, then maybe they're just trying to help you figure this out."

⠀⠀⠀"I don't want their help," Willow snapped at Deaton, curling her hands into fists. "I want to go back. I want my powers and my mind back. I want—"

⠀⠀⠀"We want a lot of things, Willow," Deaton interrupted her. "But that's not how life plays the game, I'm afraid."

⠀⠀⠀Willow had to hold herself back from arguing with Deaton but knew it would get her nowhere, so she stopped responding. She could feel her nails curling into the palm of her skin and breaking the skin as Deaton stared back at her in worry.

⠀⠀⠀"Talk to your parents about what you're going through," Deaton advised. "You may not think they'll understand, but stranger things than this have happened in this town. You might just be surprised."

⠀⠀⠀Willow stayed silent, knowing she wouldn't tell any of this to her parents. They were already worried enough from Laurel's death and Rowan losing his arm, and her coming back to life. She couldn't put more on them.

⠀⠀⠀Deaton frowned but nodded his head, concluding that their conversation was over. He walked over to the door and beckoned Stiles back inside, where he waited.

⠀⠀⠀"Is everything okay?" Stiles asked, looking frantically over at Deaton. "Is something happening?"

⠀⠀⠀"No, everything is fine," Deaton assured him. "Was there something you wanted to talk to me about, Stiles?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yes, actually," Stiles stated, nodding his head quickly but still looked nervous about continuing. "I think I might know what's going on. Okay, so, all these symbols and things—the triskeles, the bank logo, the mountain ash—all of it is from the Celtic druids. And anyone who had ever looked up human sacrifice before knows that the druids had a pretty big hard-on when it came to giving one up to the gods.

⠀⠀⠀"You ever hear of the Lindow man?" Stiles asked them, looking between the two before continuing. "Two thousand-year-old body found in England? He was found strangled, head bashed in, throat cut. Threefold death. They also found pollen grains in his stomach. Guess what favorite druid plant that was."

⠀⠀⠀Deaton picked up a bottle from a small collection of plants he had and unscrewed the jar. He pulled out a leafy green plant with white berries on the end for them to see.

⠀⠀⠀"Mistletoe."

⠀⠀⠀"I'm just telling you everything you already know, aren't I?" Stiles sighed. "Then why aren't you telling us?"

⠀⠀⠀"Maybe because we've spent every moment of the last ten years trying to push something away," Deaton explained. "Denying it. Lying about it. Becomes a pretty powerful habit."

⠀⠀⠀"All right, so this guy...." Stiles moved on, not sure what to say to Deaton's comment. "Is he a druid?"

⠀⠀⠀"No. It's someone copying a centuries-old practice of a people who should have known better," Deaton claimed, shaking his head. "Do you know what the word druid means in Gaelic?"

⠀⠀⠀"No."

⠀⠀⠀"Wise oak," Deaton translated. "The Celtic druids were close to nature. They believed they kept it in balance. They were philosophers and scholars. They weren't serial killers."

⠀⠀⠀Willow caught Stiles' eye as he turned to her and frowned.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, well, this one is," Stiles muttered.

⠀⠀⠀Stiles' phone started vibrating, interrupting their conversation as he answered it.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, I can't talk right now," Stiles told the person on the other line but didn't hang up. Instead, frowning in concern. "Wait, what? Yeah. Are you sure he's missing?"

WILLOW, STILES, AND Deaton arrived at the school to meet Lydia in the music hall where she showed them the piano with the bloody handprint smeared along the top.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't think he died here," Kit told Willow, walking around the piano with a contemplative expression on their face. "Usually, I can sense their energies. Like the life force being sucked out of them, y'know?"

⠀⠀⠀Willow glared at Kit.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia pulled out her phone for Deaton to listen to what she had found. Deaton pressed play, and a haunting echo of chanting erupted from the recording.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, Doc," Stiles called, looking through the music teacher's drawers. "Any help would be, you know, helpful."

⠀⠀⠀"Each grouping of three would have its own purpose, its own type of power. Virgins, healers, philosophers, warriors...."

⠀⠀⠀"Wait, wait, wait, wait," Stiles exclaimed, looking up from the desk. "Warrior, could that also be like a soldier?"

⠀⠀⠀"Absolutely."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles pulled a photo from the drawer, showing the three the teacher's image with his wife on their wedding day. She was in a beautiful white gown while he stood in military uniform. Their faces fell; they had found the pattern.

⠀⠀⠀"Kyle was in ROTC with Boyd," Stiles explained. "That's gotta be it. That's the pattern."

⠀⠀⠀"Where's Boyd?" Deaton asked.

⠀⠀⠀"He's probably home by now," Stiles said, pulling his phone from his pocket and starting to walk away from them. "I'm gonna try and get him on the phone."

⠀⠀⠀"Your friend doesn't look so good," Kit said suddenly, standing in front of Lydia as she began to zone out.

⠀⠀⠀"Lydia?" Willow asked, approaching her. "Are you okay?"

⠀⠀⠀"Is something wrong?" Deaton followed.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia blinked a couple times, then looked at them with a frown.

⠀⠀⠀"No, it was... I mean... I just thought of someone else with a military connection," Lydia explained with an exhausted sigh.

⠀⠀⠀"Who?" Deaton asked with a frown.

⠀⠀⠀"Harris."

⠀⠀⠀The three, along with Kit, ran down the halls and made it into Harris' classroom but came up empty. Stiles and Willow stood behind his desk, looking through his things while Deaton and Lydia searched the rest of the room.

⠀⠀⠀"This is just one of many possibilities," Deaton stated with a frown. "He could have simply left for the day."

⠀⠀⠀"Lydia thought of it," Willow commented, glancing at Lydia across the room. "That's either her just thinking about who we know that has some kind of military background or her questionable supernatural senses."

⠀⠀⠀"Plus, he wouldn't leave without this," Stiles stated, lifting the briefcase Harris always had on him.

⠀⠀⠀Stiles pulled out one of the tests on the desk, noticing the grade on the top in a red marker. Willow furrowed her eyebrows picking one up as well.

⠀⠀⠀"What?" Deaton asked them, noticing their silence.

⠀⠀⠀"This test is graded R," Stiles explained, turning the paper for him to see.

⠀⠀⠀"And this one's an H," Willow added.

⠀⠀⠀Deaton furrowed his brows, walked around the desk, and took the two papers from their hands. He shuffled around the other tests and rearranged them. When he finished, he let out a long sigh that told the three teenagers that he had come up with something that wasn't good. Deaton's whole body seemed to falter as he leaned over the desk, staring at the grades.

⠀⠀⠀"Stiles, Willow, remember when I told you druid is the Gaelic word for wise oak?" Deaton asked.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah."

⠀⠀⠀"If a druid went down the wrong path, the wise oak was sometimes said to have become a dark oak," Deaton explained. "There's a Gaelic word for that as well... Darach."

THE GALLAGHER'S HAD finally settled on a new house and moved in not long after, ready to leave the confines of the only hotel in Beacon Hills. Their new home was on the other side of the small town, two stories, and one room too many for all of them. Starla had intended for it to be a memorial to Laurel, Willow guessed, or at least a guest bedroom.

⠀⠀⠀Willow was in her new room, lying on her bed and staring at the barren walls. Coming from a hotel room noisy enough to drive her insane had her relishing in this moment of being alone. However, it created an incredible loneliness in the pit of her stomach as she just lay there. All of her things were still in their boxes, and she didn't know if she should start unpacking or try and go to sleep.

⠀⠀⠀Her phone suddenly rang as she debated what to do, and she turned on her side to pick it up.

ISAAC

⠀⠀⠀Willow frowned even further since she and Isaac weren't really on calling late at night terms. However, just him calling late had her worried something horribly wrong had happened, so she answered.

⠀⠀⠀"Hello?"

⠀⠀⠀"Ah!" Kit exclaimed, sitting on the bed, and Willow wondered when they would leave. "Is that your boyfriend?"

⠀⠀⠀"Isaac?" Willow continued, glaring at Kit while they said a small 'ah,' nodding their head.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, Sabrina," Isaac muttered into the receiver, his voice drowned out from the rain behind him.

⠀⠀⠀"Are you alright?"

⠀⠀⠀"I know this is... kind of weird to be asking but—and, you can say no—but, um—"

⠀⠀⠀"What is it?" Willow asked, sitting up. "Do you need me to pick you up?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, if you can," he sighed. "I'm at Derek's."

⠀⠀⠀"You're at Derek's?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, and I also kind of need a place to sleep," Isaac continued, sounding hesitant. "So, like, if you can talk to Scott and put in a good word for me or—"

⠀⠀⠀"I'll handle it," Willow assured him. "I'll be there in ten."

⠀⠀⠀"Alright, see you in ten," Isaac stated and hung up.

⠀⠀⠀Willow walked down the stairs with Kit following after her. She walked toward the living room, spotting her mom sitting on the couch watching the screen then flipping through the channels out of boredom.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, mom," Willow greeted, standing at the entry of the hall and waving awkwardly at her.

⠀⠀⠀Starla turned to look at her slowly, blinking a couple times before bringing up a small smile on her lips.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, honey," she greeted, then frowned. "What's wrong? What is it? Are you feeling okay?"

⠀⠀⠀"I'm fine," Willow smiled, holding her hands up as Starla stood and rushed to stand in front of her daughter. "I'm fine, I promise. Isaac just called and told me Derek kicked him out. He asked me to pick him up, but I was thinking—"

⠀⠀⠀"Yes, of course," her mom assured her almost immediately and without a second thought. "He can stay here as long as he needs."

⠀⠀⠀Willow smiled.

⠀⠀⠀"Thanks, mom."

⠀⠀⠀"Of course. So many kids, supernatural or not, get left alone. I just want to help where I can," Starla explained, pushing a strand of hair behind Willow's ear then paused, thinking over what Willow had said. "Can we trust him?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah," Willow assured her. "He's not like—"

⠀⠀⠀Starla sighed, shaking her head.

⠀⠀⠀"Right."

⠀⠀⠀Willow hugged her mom as tight as she could, pressing her face into her neck. Starla hugged her back, returning the exact grip to her. Willow took in a deep breath, and Starla sighed.

⠀⠀⠀"Do you want to take Bridgette with you?" her mom asked.

⠀⠀⠀"No," Willow told her, and the nervousness in her mom's eye almost had her relent. "I just need to clear my head, the drive will help, and I'll call you once I'm with Isaac."

⠀⠀⠀"I don't know, honey," Starla frowned. "I'm just so worried."

⠀⠀⠀"I know," Willow told her, breaking the hug and giving her a steady gaze. "But we can't stay in a box because of it."

⠀⠀⠀Starla didn't look convinced but nodded slowly.

⠀⠀⠀"In omen pericli, feret suas tergum ad meus."

⠀⠀⠀Starla finished the spell and patted Willow's hands. Willow didn't ask what her mom had done and just accepted that she was worried and would do anything she could to keep her safe.

⠀⠀⠀"Be careful," Starla told her softly.

⠀⠀⠀"I will," Willow replied and left the house.

⠀⠀⠀It felt strange stepping out of the dull house and into the brand new front yard. The house didn't feel like hers. She had reset and was put into a new one but with all the same family and friends. Everything just a little bit shifted.

⠀⠀⠀Willow took in a deep breath, walked over to her car, and turned on the ignition. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she could see Kit flicker into existence, smirking as they started to look around the car curiously.

⠀⠀⠀"So, clearing your head meant talking to me, right?" Kit asked, raising their eyebrows.

⠀⠀⠀"No, I meant literally clearing my head," Willow retorted, her grip on the steering wheel tightening as she headed toward Derek's.

⠀⠀⠀"Well, this is the only time you will talk to me since none of your friends are around and will think you're weird, so—"

⠀⠀⠀"What are you doing here, anyway?" Willow snapped at them, turning to glare at Kit before turning back to the road.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm helping. I'm like a guide to help you with this new ability you have. Think of me as the manual to your car," Kit explained with a small, content smile.

⠀⠀⠀"What? You mean the one I threw in the glove compartment and haven't looked at since?" Willow asked them.

⠀⠀⠀"No," Kit sighed, waving their hand at Willow dismissively. "Anyways, I'm also bored, and your life is pretty interesting. Also, all of the people your friends with are hot. Are any of them single?"

⠀⠀⠀"Aren't you a ghost?"

⠀⠀⠀"Aren't you a witch?"

⠀⠀⠀Willow came to a red light and frowned as she looked at her hands. Then, she removed her hands from the steering wheel, turning them so she could stare at the palms of her hands.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't know anymore," Willow sighed. Then, finally, the light turned green, and Willow returned to the present, moving forward. There was a moment of silence, then Willow asked, "Is it true?"

⠀⠀⠀"Is what true?"

⠀⠀⠀"Can I not bring my sister back?" Willow asked. Her words were a second from desperate.

⠀⠀⠀Kit let out a loud sigh that Willow knew was more dramatic than anything else. They looked out the window, contemplating her question for a moment.

⠀⠀⠀"Souls are tricky, and you're lucky you even survived it. Maybe because he is not as well-versed in transmutation, your brother somehow got it right where thousands of others failed miserably. You seem normal, your organs are all in the right places, and your brain isn't mush," Kit mused, pausing before turning back to look at Willow with a solemn expression. "Sometimes, even if you do everything right. Even if you're still within the three-day mark, the soul still doesn't make it back, and you end up with an empty shell. If you go past three days, you definitely won't be getting anything back. The tether between body and mind are too severed."

⠀⠀⠀"So, no," Willow said for Kit. "I can't get Laurel back."

⠀⠀⠀"No, you can't."

⠀⠀⠀The hum of the engine filled the car, and the lack of anything buzzed in Willow's ear. She found it strange that just a couple days before, her head had been ringing with the sound of a million people, and now she only had one.

⠀⠀⠀Then, something crossed Willow's mind, and she furrowed her brows, glancing at Kit.

⠀⠀⠀"Wait a second," Willow muttered. "Three days? Didn't Jesus rise on the third day?"

⠀⠀⠀Kit smirked back at Willow, raising their finger to their lips, and shushed her before disappearing and reappearing the rearview mirror.

⠀⠀⠀Willow pulled up to Derek's apartment complex, where Isaac waited, drenched in rainwater as he walked over to the car.

⠀⠀⠀"Uh, is it okay if I'm wet?" Isaac asked.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, of course, I can always—" Willow started but cut herself off. "I can always get my mom to pull it out."

⠀⠀⠀Isaac smiled hesitantly and nodded before stepping into the car. Willow waited until he closed the door and buckled before turning around and heading back to her house.

⠀⠀⠀"Where are we going?" Isaac asked. "Did you talk to Scott?"

⠀⠀⠀"No, I talked to my mom," Willow stated simply. "You're staying with us."

⠀⠀⠀"Why?" Isaac asked, staring at the side of Willow's face as he tried to read her expression, then let out a small laugh. "Do you remember when I broke into your house and almost killed you?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, well, you didn't end up killing me," Willow retorted with a slight shrug. "Plus, you'll be sager there with the wards she puts up. Also, Scott's mom is kind of broke, and I don't want to put that on her."

⠀⠀⠀"What about your mom?" Isaac asked.

⠀⠀⠀"She'll manage," Willow muttered with a frown.

⠀⠀⠀Isaac nodded, saying, "Right. Dead sister."

⠀⠀⠀Willow rolled her eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"He's funny," Kit commented, sitting in between them and staring up at Isaac even though he couldn't see them. "Is he single?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah," Willow muttered, hoping Isaac would take that as a reply for him rather than the voice inside her head.

⠀⠀⠀Isaac turned to look at her, then suddenly jumped, scaring Willow. She pulled the steering wheel to the side but forced herself back into the other lane.

⠀⠀⠀"What's wrong?!" Willow exclaimed, her hand tugging on the jacket he was wearing.

⠀⠀⠀"Sorry, sorry!" he exclaimed, raising his hands sheepishly. "I just thought, I just thought I saw something."

AUTHOR'S NOTE —

Still love Kit, what can I say? I really don't have anything else to add except that. Hope you guys have a good weekend!

SONG: Live and Let Go by All Time Low

Thank you for reading! Leave comments telling me your thoughts on this chapter, but however you interact, know that I really appreciate you reading. I hope you enjoy, and until the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 88 8
ππ‹π€π‚πŠ ππ‹πŽπŽπƒ ❝In which Allison's sister is thrown into the chaos her friends created.❞ *SLOW UPDATES* Teen Wolf Fanfic Stiles Stilinski x Fe...
582K 22.2K 72
𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩 𝘚𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘚𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘴𝘬π˜ͺ 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘒 𝘡𝘸π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘴π˜ͺ𝘴𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘷𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘡𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘡𝘦𝘀𝘡 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦π˜₯ 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯...
225K 2.8K 66
πƒπ„π‘π„πŠ 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. all imagines are written BY ME. please do not steal OR repost my work on other apps such as ao3 and tumblr. if so, i will report...
49.1K 1K 13
teen wolf season four book four stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed Β© voidvaleska