√ | false promises, 𝐩𝐞𝐲𝐭�...

Da sadessinks

BOOK 1/3 of The Rekindling Hearts series. [ description ] ⤷ Peyton and Chad were supposed to be high... Altro

FALSE PROMISES
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. la isn't too shabby
ii. long time no see
iii. long time no see ( part 2 )
iv. truth or truth
v. what is love?
vi. the lost & found
vii. the night
viii. weak
ix. lie, lie, lie
x. the vampire diaries
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. debacles of life
xii. ripping off the bandaid
xiii. eyes off you
xiv. welcome home
xv. engagement party
xvi. it's just sex
xvii. these are my confessions
xviii. these are my confessions ( part 2 )
ixx. letting go
xx. every time
A C T III ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxi. devilish smiles
xxii. stay
xxiii. in the moutains
xxv. the rebound
xxvi. it's ok not to be ok
xxvii. nanny carrie all over again, except not
xxviii. nanny carrie all over again, except not ( part 2 )
xxix. daydreaming
xxx. that's what love is
A C T IV ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxxi. meet cute
xxxii. bluebird in the spring
xxxiii. bluebird in the spring ( part 2 )
xxxiv. heart made up on you
xxxv. point of view
xxxvi. just another day
xxxvii. oh, why universe?
xxxviii. death is upon
xxxix. don't stop believin'
xl. proper introduction
A C T V ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xli. emo girl
xlii. two weeks until wedding
xliii. the day we met
xliv. week of wedding
xlv. bachelor / ette
xlvi. day of wedding
xlvii. day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )
xlviii. til death do us part
xlix. hope you're ok
l. happy beginnings
THANK YOU
BOOK TWO
BOOK THREE

xxiv. the end of an era

419 40 0
Da sadessinks

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xxiv. | the end of an era
( continuation of In The Mountains )

Ashely finally made her way up the stairs and into the room where her wife sat in the bed under the covers. She climbed in on the other side, sliding in next to Rachel. Rachel was obviously waiting for her since she was sitting right up with her back resting against the bedboard.

"We need to talk about this. I don't appreciate you not telling me anything of this." Ashely spoke without making eye contact.

"I'm sorry, it slipped my mind," Rachel spoke calmly.

"How does not wanting to have kids slip your mind?" Ashely scolded her.

Rachel soon realized she was talking about that. It took her a minute before she could say anything. She didn't know what to say. Once she finally figured it out, "I didn't think you wanted any." She shrugged.

"That's your answer? Seriously?" Ashely crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't know what to tell you. I just don't want kids. Is that a dealbreaker?" Rachel asked.

Ashely began to remove the covers off her, "The fact that you have to ask me." She then got off the bed, swung open the door, and then slammed it behind her.

• • •

"Peyton, I don't want to talk about this anymore! Ok?" Chad was growing irritated.

"What do you want me to do?!" She questioned him. "Maybe we should just call it quits! It's the reasonable thing to do!" That obviously got his attention.

He whipped his head around towards her. His eyes were wide. He was shocked at her suggestion. They worked so hard to get there and now when things get hard, she's just willing to throw it away.

"Peyton, I love you." He softened his voice, "I can't picture myself with anyone else."

"Then why won't you marry me?" She exclaimed.

He just looked at her. He honestly didn't know what to say but wished he did. What happened next, he knew this was probably the end of their story.

Peyton searched his face for an answer, waited for an answer. When he didn't say anything, she got out of the bed and stormed out the room with the door slamming behind her.

Once Peyton stepped on the cold floor after the last step, she looked up and saw the other blonde sitting on the couch. Peyton walked on over and sat next to Ashely. She reached for a random glass that was left on the coffee table in front of her. Ashely picked up the wine bottle and poured some in Peyton's glass.

"I wish I was gay. Is it easier with girls?" Peyton turned to Ashely.

Ashely immediately turned to her after hearing that, "Not one bit." She took another gulp of her drink. "What the hell are we going to do?"

"What's wrong with you and Rachel?" Peyton grew concerned for her friend.

Ashely took a sip of her drink, "She doesn't want kids and I do. What am I suppose to do with that?"

"Ohhh." Peyton nodded understanding.

"I don't want to be unhappy. I don't want to grow resentment towards her." She propped her legs up and criss-cross apple sauce them.

"I feel you." Peyton said. The conversation was slowly falling silent.

Ashely scoffed, "At least he wants a family. Not getting married isn't the end of the world. To be frank, you're being stupid."

Peyton slumped down, holding the glass up on her stomach as it balanced. "Maybe you're right. I need to have a mature, honest conversation with him. No yelling." She turned to Ashely, "Same goes for you. Before making any big decisions, talk to her."

Peyton let out a deep sigh standing up. She was about to head back up stairs to sleep or maybe to talk to him about everything. She was only a couple of feet from the couch when Ashely called her.

"Sawyer? If you ever don't want to be straight anymore, you know where to find me." Ashely let out a slight chuckle as did Peyton before she continued to head back up stairs.

Ashely stayed down stairs. She didn't want to go back up yet. She snatched the wine bottle and took it out on the porch with her where she sat on this chair. At first it was just to get fresh air but then she soon fell asleep. Maybe because it was quiet and cold or maybe she just didn't want to see her, be near her.

• • •

It was another chilly morning up in the mountains. Everyone had their day planned, so excited. Rachel immediately noticed Ashely was missing from the bed so naturally she asked if anyone had seen her. Of course everyone said no. But for some reason, Nathan wanted to step outside for a second. To be breathe in that nice, cool air. Once his head turned to the left, he saw her.

He walked back inside, "She's sleep on the porch."

Everyone shared odd looks with each other, especially towards Rachel.

Rachel sighed, about to head out there but Chad suggested it was best if he spoke to her first. Meaning, he knew if she slept outside that meant something was going on between Rachel and Ashely. So if she was avoiding her, it's best if Rachel's face wasn't the first thing she'll see once she wakes.

He made sure to grab a blanket before heading out there. He wrapped it around her and then squatted down in front of her. Her eyes fluttered open and she soon came to realization it was her brother staring back at her.

"Morning, sleepy head. It's cold." A light smile grew on his face.

She noticed the blanket around her and snuggled up into it, "Thank you."

He took the wine bottle from her grasp, "What's going on? You can talk to me." He placed the bottle to his side.

Ashely then positioned herself upright, "I want a divorce."

As soon as that word left her lips, he was confused and a bit stunned. If she was referring to who he thought she was, why? He always thought her and Rachel were happy. Nothing could tear them apart. He looked up to their relationship. Hearing her say that, well, he was now losing all hope with him and Peyton. They haven't talked since earlier last night and he was starting to grow worry. Now hearing his sister say that . . . he was even more worried.

a/n:
i honestly can't believe
im doing this to my bbies.
ash & rachel deserve the
freakin world -

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

254 38 12
This is the story about a girl who fell in love. Not with one, not with two, but three boys. They were her everything, and no matter what, no matter...
12.6K 203 41
"I'm gonna give you butterflies. I'm gonna let you feel every part of my body and I'm gonna feel every part of yours. Every single inch you want me t...
850 140 23
Book #1 in The Boy series. EDITED!! May need some more just comment on the parts that need it. RE-WRITING!!! All rights reserved Ⓒ Copyright 2022 L...
1K 42 17
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...