Captive In The Spotlight

By Imran_Rio

She clenched her fist so hard, her knuckles starts turning red. She groaned like a wounded lion trying hard t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Questions and Answers
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Sneak Peek
Book Trailer
Casts
News
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Fourteen

58 11 12
By Imran_Rio

Hey Amores💕. I'm really sorry for the constant disappointment 💔. I'm so sorry Amores❤️............... This chapter is dedicated to Rio Book Club Members🥰. I love y'all. You're simply just the best. This is for you!!

Enjoy!!

Musab let out the breath he's been holding since he walked to the door. The wedding is just in two days and today, he had to meet up with his fiancee to discuss her sadaaqh (Dowry). He closed his eyes for a brief moment and whispered a silent prayer and made teslim. He opened the door when he heard her response and his heart leaped at the calmness of her voice.

Fateemah on the other side, sat impatiently waiting for her so called fiancee, with a forced smile.

"Asalamualaikum darling come sit here......." Fateemah said with a bright smile and motioned to him to sit beside her!

Musab stood rooted in his place for some moments. He froze at her words and his heart started beating erratically. He narrowed his eyes at her.

Something is definitely wrong! Fateemah can never be this nice to me. Hope she's not with a gun this time!!

Fateemah flashed him another smile and his breath got caught in his throat. She had the most beautiful smile he's ever seen. The smile lit up her face and also add more beauty to her lovely face. A smile he was once very familiar with and also lost hope of ever seeing it again.

"Don't be afraid nooru qolby.....come sit here!"
Fateemah said excitedly. He gave her a puzzled look. Then he settled on the sit next to her leaving a significant space between them.

Fateemah mentally rolled her eyes at him. "Do you think I'll harm you or something! No I'm over that . It would be a total waste on my part." She said winking at him.

"Ohh....... Fateemah how are you?" He finally mustered up the courage to say after lots of thoughts.

Fateemah threw him a mischievous smile. "What do you think dear?" She smiled brightly again. "I've never been better...... And you dear, how are you doing?"

Musab still couldn't believe his ears. God! What game is she playing now! Ya Allah help me! "Alhamdulilah I'm fine but.........."

"But what......?" Fateemah asked with a playful smile.

"Are you okay? I mean are you very fine?" Musab asked giving her a worried look.

"I am fine! Don't I seem okay?" Fateemah replied with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"No..... No you do but..... Fateemah this your new attitude is baffling me. I feel like you're hiding something or........."

Fateemah frowned a bit. "What is that supposed to mean........ So you're saying you prefer my former behavior?"

"No Fateemah that's not what I meant!"

"Then what's the problem?" Fateemah said with a scrutinizing gaze.

"Fateemah....... You being this nice is really disturbing.... I'm not saying it's bad but you still hate me don't you?"

Fateemah shrugged and twitched her lips. "No I don't and I still don't like you either but I promise to start liking you soon."

Musab still wasn't convinced. He forced a smile while Fateemah gave him a cheeky smile. "So what do you want for your dowry."

Fateemah smiled mischievously and adjusted her sitting position. There was a wicked and naughty glint in her eyes. "I don't want anything my loving husband to be. I don't want material things." She said seductively staring straight into his eyes.

Musab stared back at her in utter surprise. Those comments and names she's calling him are very disturbing. They made his heart leap and gave him mixed feelings.

"Fateemah what do you want? Tell me, you deserve all the best things in the world."

Fateemah almost melted under his intense gaze and his hoarse and manly voice. She quickly waved it off and smirked. "Well all I want is for you to promise to love me always and I promise to be the best wife you've ever wished for, and I also want you to also promise to grant me a wish. That's all!"

Musab stared at her dumbfounded and confused. "Fateemah all this is what I would naturally do, I want you to tell me what you want actually. I still remember vividly those things you told me you would like your spouse to give you back then when we were......."

Fateemah held up her hand to stop him. "I don't want anything. Okay let's cut all the crap. I want to make a deal with you!"

"A deal?....... Fateemah what are you talking about!"

"All I've been doing is just a facade. I promise to be a good and loyal wife to you for just 100 days. And after that you'll divorce me and tell my parents you're not okay with the marriage anymore and I promise to be the best wife you could ever wish for within those days."

Musab stared at her mouth ajar. He knew from the onsent that she's definitely hiding something. Fateemah would never be this nice to him for nothing.

"Fateemah what do you mean I'll tell your parents I'm fed up with the marriage. I can't do that please."

Fateemah's stare turned into a glare. "Musab I'm really really trying my best. It's the best deal I could ever come up with. I hate you and I don't want to marry you!"

His heart sank at her words. His expression changed into a pained one.

"And I'm trying my best to put up with the whole madness going on. Do you know what it takes to tolerate this whole nonsense. We'll get married but it'll be only for three months and ten days. And after that you'll divorce me and tell my parents you can't put up with me. My parents will totally understand cause they know how crazy I am!"

Musab kept his cool and calm expression. "Fateemah there's nothing you can or will do that I won't be able to tolerate. And I won't tell a lie that'll destroy me. Fateemah I'm never ever going to divorce you."

Fateemah gritted her teeth and also clenched her fist. "I really hate you. And I really plan to be very cooperative if you're also willing to but right now I'll be forced to do what I think is right."

Musab narrowed his eyes at her. "What's that?"

"I'll have to make you divorce me within three months and ten days."

Musab raised his brows in questioning at her. " What do you mean you'll make me divorce you?"

"Within that 100 days I'll make sure to make your life a living hell. No attacks anymore cause I've promised not to attack you again but Musab I'll make your life a living hell. I promise you, you won't be able to tolerate what I'll do."

Musab sighed heavily. "Fateemah, I, Musab Zakariyah will never ever divorce my wife."

Fateemah threw him a nasty look. "Oh so you're challenging me right? Fine then bring it on and let's see who wins and who loose!" Fateemah concluded with a mischievous smile and a cheeky smirk.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Asalamualaikum ma. Mummy how are you?" Fateemah said excitedly and with a teary eyes.

"My darling. My beautiful queen! How are you my dear. When I heard about your wedding I was very happy that I wanted to call you immediately but he said it's a surprise and you're still not aware of it. I'm so happy for you guys my dear it like a dream come true. Now you're about to be a Zakariyah officially." Mrs Zakariyah said happily and with so much excitement radiating from her voice

Fateemah smiled sadly. She was one of the closest person to her. She loved her so much despite hating her kids. "Mummy how are you? How's everything? Hope she's not disturbing you that much?"

Nabeelah who had her hands akimbo with a frown plastered on her face sprang up from her seat and moved closer to her mother to get a view of her. "And what's that supposed to mean? What do you mean by 'hope she's not disturbing you'?. Everyone is not like you, trouble maker." Nabeelah flared up.

Mrs Zakariyah was about to insult her when....

Fateemah smirked at her. "Walaykum Salam warahmatullah wabarakaatuh dear Nabs, how are you doing and how's studies?" Fateemah asked with sarcasm which only Nabeelah caught and understand.

"See your life! You're always the one with problems! She's a good example of a well mannered and cultured lady unlike you! You abused her and she didn't even mind that ,she answered you with a tasleem you didn't make."

Nabeelah glared at her angrily, eyeing her. Fateemah winked at her in return while she hissed silently, eyeing her.

'Why won't mum see what she's doing. She's faking it. I can smell sarcasm in her damn voice'.

"Won't you answer her idiot?" Mrs Zakariyah shouted at her angrily making her flinch.

"Mom this is not fair. This girl is fake I'm telling you. Can't you see it's all a facade, she's pretending!" Nabeelah lamented eyeing her while she mocked her and this infuriated her the more.

"God knows I tried my best in training you but you just decide not to heed and retrain yourself!" Fateemah made faces at her when Mrs Zakariyah said those words and Nabeelah glared at her in return cursing silently under her breath.

Just then Musab entered the room and Fateemah glared at him for a second before she quickly turned it into a fake smile inorder not to let his mom suspect any foul play but Nabeelah saw it all.

Nabeelah narrowed her eyes at the two. She smelled something fishy. The way Musab gave her a pained smile and she remembered how he tried to avoid their mother's question on how they ended the love-hate relationship between them. And the worried look on Musab's face and what transpired now explains it all. But she needs to confirm it herself.

"So how did you two ended the love-hate relationship between you?" Nabeelah asked suddenly, carefully studying their facial expressions.

Unknown to Fateemah, she subconsciously clicks her tongue and frowned a little. Nabeelah didn't miss any of that and how she's trying so hard to keep a happy face.

She also noticed the panicked look on Musab's face and how he stole glance at Fateemah and also the pained smile plastered on his face. She figured it all. Something is definitely fishy.

"Nabeelah why would you bring that up now?" Musab said eyeing his sister.

"Haha is that not suspense already? Tell us we want to know. For the first time this year, something great finally came out of your mouth Nabeelah!"

Nabeelah smirked at a tensed Fateemah. You're in trouble you two! I'm make sure I point out what you're hiding and expose you to mom today.

"Yes tell us we're so eager to hear it all!" Nabeelah said clapping her hands together in excitement. Fateemah glared at her in annoyance, she could sense she's now up to something drastic.

"Baby tell mom how it happened!" Fateemah said facing Musab with a fake smile plastered on her face.

Musab narrowed his eyes at her then he gave her a cheeky smile. "No darling, you know you're the one good with words. Tell them!" Musab said making Fateemah gritt her teeth at him.

Nabeelah smirked at the two while Mrs Zakariyah smiled in satisfaction at the two as he found them cute.

"No Musab you know you're the one good with words not me. Please answer them dear. It's a long story only you can tell. So stop the drama and speak up." Fateemah said the last part silently with her teeth gritted but not too silent for Musab not to grasp.

"No dear, are you shy? Don't be my darling and I never peg you for a shy person!" Musab said with the stupid smile.

Fateemah faced him and mouthed Fuck you asshole at him with the fake smile still plastered on her face.

"Musab you know I'm none of what you just described...... I'm not shy! I'm just..........."

Now finally irritated. "Stop this nonsense the two of you!" Nabeelah screamed startling the them all.

Her mother's smile were immediately replaced with a frown. "Nonsense! Did you just say they were doing nonsense?"

Nabeelah forced a smile at her furious mother. "Mum please calm down and see what's going on here..... These people are just trying to avoid the question and this discussion by getting into a stupid argument!" Musab glared at his sister.

"Really? Is that what's happening?" Mrs Zakariyah asked sarcastically.

"Yes mom....... Something is fishy as if they were forced to do this whole thing. She said not taking off her eyes and locking her gaze with Fateemah who glared at her in return. Fateemah gulp at her words. A worried look flash through her eyes and she clenched her fist.

"You're not okay" Mrs Zakariyah said swatting her daughter with the back of her hand. She yelped, suprised.

"Pray for your own...... Shogbo! And wait patiently for it my dear. Maybe when you start feeling happy for others yours too will come. Can't you see their argument self shows how much they love each other. It's called lovers argument."

Nabeelah scoffed. Fateemah couldn't help but chuckle as she found it funny that Mrs Zakariyah didn't get what's happening and Nabeelah's plan failed miserably.

Musab let out a relieved breath, he was also happy his mom didn't catch the whole thing. He didn't want to lie to his mum by telling her a story that didn't exist.

"I said my own. Something is fishy and I don't understand how you failed to see it mom. They don't look in love. Something is definitely going on!"

Mrs Zakariyah rolled her eyes hard and hissed, ignoring her.

"Okay my dear....... I'm going to hear it all when I come to Nigeria. Musab why are you so distant to your wife......... Move closer to her" Mrs Zakariyah said noticing how distant they were to each other.

Fateemah smiled at him. She pulled at his arm to get him closer to her. She intertwined their hands and kissed the back of his palm affectionately.

Musab was dazed at the small action of hers. His breath hitched when her soft lips touched his skin. He smiled in return and kissed her forehead lovingly.

Mrs Zakariyah was so happy watching them as they show affection towards each other. She could swore she saw love radiating and dancing in the air. She was moved to tears watching her utmost dream come true.

"Mum we have to go, we'll talk to you soon. Love you mom and Nabs take care."

Nabeelah nodded her head with a scrunched up face. "Naam you too" She replied nonchalantly.

"Bye mom talk to you soon and Nabs bye, take care and start following mom's advice. And please don't trouble mom we all know how you are dear. Take it cool babe. Bye" She waved at her and winked.

Nabeelah scoffed in annoyance. She threw her daggers through her eyes. "W...... Wh..... What the hell?" She half screamed.

"Nabeelah language!" Musab corrected.

Nabeelah stared at him in shock. "You too! You don't see what's going on here. God! I hate y'all." She said the last part with her teeth gritted. She stood up in annoyance and left angrily.

Fateemah bit her lower lip to avoid laughing. She got her good this time. They exchanged teslim and ended the call.

Fateemah burst into a fist immediately. She was really happy she succeeded in frustrating Nabeelah again the way she does everytime. Musab for a moment was lost staring at her. It's been so long since he's seen her like this. He found it amusing and loving, watching her laugh.

"You need to do that more often because you look more beautiful when you do." Musab complemented and her laughter came to a halt immediately.

She gave him a cold stare and cleared her throat. "Start bracing yourself for the worse my dear loving husband."

Musab smiled at her in return. "What's worse is a life without you my beautiful Fateemah."

The two stood there staring at each other.

Hey lovelies 💕.......

I know I have really let y'all down so much. I'm really sorry loves🌹

Fateemah is cocky right😅........

Nabeelah's plan failed💔

Musab is totally the coolest guy I know😊

What's going to happen when Mrs Zakariyah finds out 😳💔😬

The 100 days challenge! Who's going to win the challenge 🧕🧔

It's the my beautiful Fateemah for me 💃💃💃❤️❤️❤️

Love is in the air❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 17.6K 38
She sat on couch closing her eyes in a bridal posture.He entered the room and after collecting all his guts he spoke " I just wanted to tell you that...
70.1K 1.2K 13
A pained cry escaped her dry lips, adorned with a bold shade of red lipstick. Her teary eyes threatened to spill over as she struggled to break free...
3.9K 348 14
𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓷 𝓐𝓻𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓰𝓮, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓐𝓻𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓭 𝓛𝓸𝓿�...