Goddess of Destiny

Calencir द्वारा

The realm of Númenor is about to become the 10th realm under Odin AllFather but in order to seal the deal, th... अधिक

Arranged
Brothers
Blooms
The Falls
Misunderstandings
Avenging Angel
Needing a Snuggle
A Parent's Love
The Rehersal
Family Ties & Secrets
Wedding Day
Under the Asgardian Moon
Making Plans
Goodbyes
Welcome to Númenor
Dinner with the Courtiers
There Be Dragons
Wicked Intentions
Spoken Love
Council
Coronation Eve
Morning of a New Age
Coronation
Unexpected
Confession
Questions, Deceptions and Murder
Grief and Helplessness
Suspicion
History
A Morning Ride
Fire
Secrets
Father
Business as Usual
Good Intentions
A Family Dinner
Name
Power
More Secrets
The Funeral
Humility
Tradition
Prophesy
Emotions
Love and Elixirs
Unexpected Guest
Stolen Title
A Family Torn Apart
The Great Tour Begins
Revelations
Forostar
Pillow Talk
The Great Eagles
The Tower
Andustar
Of Mountain Men and Gods
Le Petit Prince
Homecoming
Odin's Love
Royal Wedding
Protect Us
The All Father

Ice

245 12 0
Calencir द्वारा

"What do you mean, Son?" Odin asked nervously.

"I need something from Asgard, Father."

"What do you need?"

"I remember you showing it to me and Thor when we were younger.  The Casket of Ancient Winters."

"No, Loki.  I cannot allow you to touch that?"

"Father, it appears as though we are facing a creature of fire.  We need to counteract that.  The Casket is the perfect weapon.  Once this creature is subdued, then it shall be returned to Asgard's treasury."

"I cannot let you touch it Loki."

"Do you not trust me, Father?"

Haldir and Thor exchanged uncomfortable looks.

"It is too great a power for you to wield, Son.  I am trying to protect you."

"Then you leave me to my alternative." And Loki vanished.

"I do not like the sound of that." Said Thor.
~~~~~~~~~
All the players were in place and Folred had written the note.  They had only need to place it in the statues mouth, however, Loki still had not returned.  Frigga paced nervously.

"We should tell him the truth.  This has gone on long enough." She whispered to Odin.

"Quiet! We are not alone.  I fear even Thor suspects we are hiding something."

"Secrets always find the light of day."

"What was I supposed to do? You know what would happen if he ever placed hands upon the Casket."

"And you know our son.  When you tell him he cannot do something, he always finds a way to do it anyway."

"King Loki has returned." A guard came running. Loki was in deep conversation with a man who nodded and walked away.

"My son, where have you been?" asked Odin.

"Just covering my options, Father. Pardon me if I keep some things to myself, for everyone's protection. Now, are we ready?"

Loki seemed cold. 

"Yes, Sire." Said Haldir. "We will leave and go our separate ways and that will be when Folred places the note in the statues mouth.  My men, all hand-picked by me, have already taken position around each of the servants' homes.  Your brother, father and I will wait with you and Heimdall in Thor's chambers."

"Excellent." The man returned and whispered in Loki's ear.  Loki smiled.  "Well done." Turning back to Haldir. "Let us proceed."
~~~~~~~~~
In Thor's chambers, Thor walked up to Loki. "Brother, who was that man?" Loki simply smiled.

"The less you know, Thor, the better.  Let us just say he is one of my subjects."

"I do not like when you are so clandestine, Brother."

"My apologies, but it will all become clear if and when our plan is executed successfully." Loki walked over to Heimdall. 

Thor mumbled to Haldir. "I still do not like it."

"Neither do I, but I trust my King.  He only has our best interests at heart." But even Haldir could sense a change in Loki.

Heimdall spoke. "Folred has placed the note in the dragon's mouth."

"Now, we wait.  Let us see who collects it."

There was a loud explosion.

"Sir!" A guard came running in. "There has been a bombing in the marketplace!"

"Are there any injuries?" answered Haldir.

"There is massive damage, Sir."

Haldir turned to Loki who said. "Go, my friend.  See to our people."

"You know it is a distraction, Brother."

"I know, but an effective one. I guarantee the note has already been retrieved."

"But why the distraction?" said Odin. "Our culprit has never needed one before."

"Folred must have warned him in some way.  Perhaps he did not follow normal procedure to warn our assassin of a trap."Said Thor.

Loki vanished and returned gripping a trembling Folred by the throat.  His eyes glowed red. "Have you betrayed us again, scoundrel?"

"I swear I have not." Folred gasped.

"You have done something." Loki probed deep into his mind but found no deception and dropped Folred to the ground.  Folred rubbed his neck and struggled for air.

"I swear, Your Majesty.  I followed instructions as they were given to me."

"Will he still take the bait regarding the servants?" asked Thor.

"It is too great an opportunity to pass up, but he will be careful.  He thinks strategically.  I guarantee he has a backup plan." Loki said. "But so do I."

"I wish you would make us privy to your plan, Brother."

"I cannot." Thor looked hurt. Loki walked over and put his hand on his brothers shoulder. "There is no one I trust more in all the realms than you, my Brother, but some paths I must walk alone. I already take a great risk as it is.  I cannot expose you to it as well."

"I still do not understand, Brother."

Haldir returned. 

"General, is everything under control?"

"Yes, Sire.  It appears as though it was a simple accident, though I am not one to believe in coincidences.  I will say this, the note is gone."

"So, he retrieved it?" Said Odin. "Heimdall, did you see anything?"

"The flurry of activity due to the explosion clouded my vision.  I am afraid I saw nothing."

"We now depend upon your men, General."

They did not have long to wait.  Heimdall spoke. "A hooded figure approaches the home of the wine steward."

"Come good Sirs.  Gather close to me." Said Loki whose eyes glowed red. Soon they were all behind a retaining wall next to the wine steward's abode.  They saw the hooded man.

"That be who I saw, Brother." Said Thor.

The man reached out and touched the door handle which appeared to melt in his hand.

"Move closer." Loki commanded. He saw movement out of the corner of his eye.  His spell had been most effective.  They heard screams from inside the house. "Now!" and the warriors charged into the home.  Inside they saw the hooded man holding a small child. Loki sent a powerful blast, and the man dropped the child.  Thor quickly retrieved the little one and pulled her to safety.

The hooded man stood in the center of the room.

"Ah, King Loki.  We meet face to face at last." He hissed.

"You could have met me at any time coward.  Instead, you have used others to do your dirty work."

"You confuse cleverness with cowardliness, boy."

"Who are you villain?" Loki demanded.

"One who was denied long ago.  I was meant to rule but it was stolen from me."

"Do not be cryptic, foul creature! Speak plain." Haldir commanded.

"Númenor has become soft with its courtiers and graces.  Now she sacrifices her sovereignty to the great All Father. I have watched and waited as a boy was placed on the throne though I am surprised by your magic.  It means no never mind.  I shall just kill you now."

"Who are you?"

"Seven hundred years ago, the dragons stopped my ascention.  But I have learned a secret.  Should the King form a blood bond with the dragons, kill the king, you kill the dragons.  When the dragons fall, so does Númenor.  My revenge will be complete."

The man dropped his hood and revealed a horribly burned man.  "I am General Sormael, rightful ruler of Númenor."

"How can this be?" cried Loki.  "You should be dead.  The dragons killed you."

"The burned me, but my will is strong.  I vowed I would not die until Númenor is burned to ash and from that I shall build my kingdom.  Strong, powerful enough to conquer Asgard itself!  All I have to do is kill you!" Sormael raised his hands and they began to glow red.  Heat was pouring off the man.

"Now!" yelled Loki and five men came running into the residence, each carrying ice swords.  They surrounded Sormael who stood dumbfounded.

"What is this magic?"

I simply asked a favor of one of my fellow kings who was more than willing to help.  The men transformed until their true selves appeared.

"Ice giants!" cried Haldir.

The giants struck at Sormael until the general collapsed.  Loki then approached and with a great roar blasted the man until he no longer existed.

The giants turned and bowed to Loki.

"Thank you King for his assistance."

"The honor is our King Loki.  You will always have friends among the giants of Jotunheim."

With a wave of his hand, the giants vanished, and Loki turned back to his companions.

"You struck a dangerous bargain, my Son." Warned Odin.

"I know what I have done, Father. King Laufey and I had a long talk.  You, Mother and I will speak later. Now I must tell my wife the treat is neutralized, and she may feel safe once more."

Loki turned on his heel and vanished in a cloud of smoke.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

243K 6K 44
❝ 𝖨 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇 ❞ ── " 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗀𝗎𝗒 yet" ❝ and 𝘄𝗵�...
342K 12.1K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
Reborn BunnyTaeil द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

383K 18.4K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
949K 58.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...