Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

נכתב על ידי AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... עוד

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 40: Disbelief
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 42: Christmas Eve
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 62: Vanaheim
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 69: Endgame
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 72: "Out of Time."

443 11 10
נכתב על ידי AislynMarie_

2 years later.

As you stalked the streets of New York under dully lit street lights, the chilly air had hit your cheeks. The cold from the winter had already rolled in and snow began to stick to the grounds of the beautiful city. You made your way to Times Square, usually it would be packed with people, but the cold seemed to have pushed the people away.

It was a nice night for a walk. It was odd staying in your apartment for too long, it felt...restricting.

Every once in awhile you would take your dog out for walks around this familiar park. Only to be drawn to a specific place.

You walked to Times Squares large fountain which hadn't frozen over yet. The area was filled with glowing lights, it truly is a mesmerizing site to see.

You looked down to the water. Almost feeling familiar to this place. You came here every once in awhile. Like an obsession.

You slowly reached down and touched the water, as cold as it was, it was comforting.

As you turned around, you walked over to the beautiful white roses. You'd never seen flowers that didn't wilt during the winter.

It was fascinating. Watching them bloom. You traced your finger over the white petals, slowly smiling down at them. You didn't want to pick one, in fear it wouldn't re-bloom.

So instead, you came here, every night. Watching them, feeling them. The familiarity of the roses brought you comfort.

You felt a pair of eyes on you. Watching you. You slowly turned around and your gaze was met by a tall, lean man.

His long raven hair, draped just past his shoulders and his bluish green eyes glued themselves to you. He was dressed in a long black winter coat, his hands in his coat pockets. He was handsome to say the least.

Captivated by the sight of the man, you couldn't remember where you had seen him before. He made you feel safe, in a weird way.

As if it was an instinct.

You took and step closer and slightly laughed.

"I'm sorry, but- do I know you?" You asked the man. A small smile on your lips.

"No...no I'm sorry to bother you, I thought you were somebody else." The man claimed. He turned and began to walk away.

"Wait!" You called out, the man stopped and turned around.

"No, I know you from somewhere...you look so familiar..." you said almost in a whisper.

You inspected the mans face and then noticed a gold and green watch on his wrist.

"I designed a watch just like that for- for..." you paused and furrowed your brows.

"For who?" The man asked. You studied the watch and then looked back up.

"I can't remember." You said with confusion in your voice.

"Must have been someone else." The man stated. He cleared his throat. You looked up and noticed his eyes watering.

"Yeah, probably..." you whispered softly. He looked around and then stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"It was nice meeting you, Darling." The man said, his old English accent coating his sentences. He began to walk away.

Darling?

You slowly walked over to the man, the sound of your heeled leather boots caught his attention, he slowed down, turning around and noticed you catching up to him.

"I'm sorry, I just- I know you, there's no way that I don't..." you said as you stopped in front of the man.

"I'm sorry- you have the wrong person." The man whispered, a crack in his voice made him clear his throat again. Tears at the brims of his eyes. He walked away.

You watched as he walked away, and as he turned the corner he was gone.

———
Loki's POV.

He stopped in an alleyway just up ahead. His breathing was hitched and his mind was racing. As he began to breathe rapidly, Stephen Strange peered from the corner. Loki had his back to the wall and slowly slid down it while he slid his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way." Strange said with sympathy. Loki looked up from his lap and wiped the tears away.

"I'll never truly understand why." Loki said softly. Trying to hide his misery.

"We've seen it Loki." Strange began again.

"In every universe, the more she knows about us, about her past-" Strange stopped and sighed as this was never how it was supposed to happen.

"She will never make it." He finished. Loki looked up, his tears now dry but his heart stung.

"This was never supposed to happen." Loki harshly stated. Strange nodded in agreement.

"But- she's safer this way." Strange then helped Loki up and traveled through the portal to the Tower once more. As they stood in the living room, Loki quietly retreated to his room.

Loud thuds came from the hallway and Tony, Natasha, Thor and Wanda walked in.

"You saw her again didn't you?" Wanda grew saddened.

Loki didn't respond. He only gave a nod.

"How is she?" Tony asked.

"The same as she always has been." Loki responded with no emotion. He felt responsible for this.

Tony, Natasha and Wanda nodded and then looked to one another. They nodded to each other and walked out of his room. Leaving Thor and Loki.

"It's okay to mourn brother." Thor reassured.

Loki turned to him and shook his head, not looking at his brother but at the floor.

"If I mourn. That justifies the situation." He claims. Thor closes the door to Lokis bedroom and sighs.

"I just don't- I don't know what I'm supposed to do without her." Loki said quietly. Thor approached his brother slowly and sat on his bed next to him.

"You never will." Thor stated. Loki turned to meet his brothers gaze in confusion.

"You have to accept that, her part of you, is gone." Thor rubbed Loki's shoulder before standing up and walking to the door. He turned around as he reached it.

"It will never be the same without her, but we have to try. Or we too will never be the same." Thor nodded and with a small sympathetic smile he left Loki to himself and his thoughts.

Loki stood in deep thought before vanishing.

He teleported to Times Square once more.

He scanned the areas he had made memories with. Everything happened in this park.

He brushed his fingers over the fountains edge. Slowly making his way around the edges. And stopping at the white roses.

He bitterly stared down at them.

"Loki-" a voice called out.

Loki looked up in search of the person who called his name.

There she was. She was magnificent. The lights lit up her e/c eyes beautifully. She slowly walked over and stood in front of him.

"I remember..." she whispered. She placed a hand to his cheek.

"My love, it's me." She whispers. Her thumb traced his jaw line. His lip quivered and he tensed his muscles.

"I love you." She said, searching his face. It had been too long. Time had run it's course. Loki's brows furrowed sadly.

He slowly pulled her to his chest. Embracing her like no other time he had before. As he closed his eyes, tears slipped from the brims of his eyes.

"I love you y/n." He said one last time.

As he pulled away he began to walk away once more.

"Loki?" She called out. His heart ached.

"Loki, where are you going?" She asked. As he walked farther and farther away he held his face in his hands, while he cried.

"Loki please..." she pleaded. He turned, his eyes stung with the cold breeze.

"Why are you leaving me?" She asked him, her pleads made his heart tug.

"I will always love you Darling," she walked closer while Loki said his last goodbye.

"But I'm done hurting you." He finished.

"Hurting me?" She asked confused at his words.

"You could never hurt me, my love..." she whispered. Carefully holding his face in her hands.

"We...are out of time, Darling..." He whispered softly. She could see everything he'd been through. The grief, the pain, the sadness. Everything. As if she could see his memories.

She paused and smiled sadly, she laughed and then sniffled.

She knew.

"In all of the nine realms..." she mumbled. She sighed and looked up to meet his icy blue-green eyes.

"We'll meet again." She reassuringly whispered. Tears gathered in his eyes.

"It's okay..." she whispered. Loki's fingertips were holding a green mist as he sobbed.

"I want you to stay..." Loki cried. She nodded and smiled weakly.

"I do too, but-" she ran her hands through his hair and tilted her head slightly. He melted into her touch, slowly allowing his head to lay in the palm of her hand.

"This isn't goodbye..." She whispered. She shook her head and Loki looked up to meet her gaze, one last time.

"Tomorrow night, eight o'clock." She stopped and Loki furrowed his brows and his lip began to quiver.

"Shh, it's okay-" she whispered. She wiped his tears from his cheeks and nodded her head for reassurance, the tears fell once more to the apples of his cheeks.

"It's okay." She wiped his tears away again and smiled.

"Eight o'clock, I'll be here..." she finally finished. Loki nodded.

"Don't you dare be late." She whispered with a laugh. He chuckled and then became saddened once more.

"I love you, Loki Laufeyson."

As she spoke her last goodbye, his magic clouded her mind. Wiping every memory of him. All of the feelings, emotions and sadness she felt, were no longer hers.

He stepped away while she regained control of her thoughts. By the time she had done so, Loki was long gone. She stood and sniffled.

She confusingly wiped her eyes from the tears she had cried. Unsure of why she was crying at all.

She soon headed back home, wishing she could remember the familiar man.

Then again, maybe he was just a stranger.

Just as y/n stated, the next day, she would come back to the fountain and blooms that comforted her.

And there at eight o'clock she stood, mesmerized by the fountains cold water, and the bloom of the white roses in the midst of winter.

But this time she wasn't greeted by the tall, raven haired man.

Nor would she, ever again.

—————————

A/N: I know I know, but oh my god, this was so sad! I really hope you guys enjoyed this story, I've never put more heart and soul into a book than I have with "Out of Time."

Thank you all for sticking around, this has been an amazing journey.

One more chapter everyone 🥲

So much love <3

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

6.5K 197 32
You try to attack New York, but things take a turn for the worst when you're captured by the Avengers. Or is it for the better? I don't own Marvel. O...
19K 523 21
Y/n doesn't have a good home situation. Her life is really difficult and she doesn't know what the purpose of her life anymore. But when y/n goes liv...
217K 6.3K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...
19.8K 887 32
Your name is Nova Hemming and you've been a Stark Industries legal advisor since Tony Stark became Iron Man. You are in the heart of New York City w...