𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘 [...

By -serotonxn

❝ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴜɢs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴋ.❞ ❝ᴡᴇʟʟ, ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴛɪᴄʟʏ ᴜɴʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴛɪᴄ?.❞ .  。    •   ゚  。   .   .      . ... More

𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘!
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐎!
000
001
002
003

004

3.2K 203 121
By -serotonxn

˗ˏˋMY FAMILY IS JUST

SERIOUSLY, VILE.⇢

Author here! Can we pretend that the author never accidentally used "Azreal" instead of "Azrael". I feel like a failure for mistaking my own MC's name- (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

CLAUDE IS AN IDIOT AND Athanasia is sickening in Mallory's opinion.

He wasn't surprised that Claude was stupid, after all he did take the throne with force. How'd Obelia survived with such an Emperor, Mallory would simply never know.

Athanasia, she was sickening in Mallory's eyes. Playing cute and adorable just to survive was nauseous to him. Now, he wasn't hypocritical, him acting like an innocent child was all for his amusement and interest.

No, even if he didn't have his morality with him, Athanasia manipulating Claude and the others feelings was sick. It made him have this violating feeling that he haven't felt for a long time, Claude was quite the hopeless person.

It seemed like anyone who showed him care, love and affection was a trust worthy being. It was so simple to see that Athanasia was simply acting like this out of fearーWell, in his eyes atleast.ー Maybe Claude saw through it, but was simply too starved to actually care whether or not she was acting.

Mallory still believed that the Father and Daughter duo was utterly violating and sickening

Wasn't what Athanasia doing was manipulating Claude? After all, this person was playing with Claude's feelings was she not?

HAH! LOOK AT THESE ZOMBIE Ass bitches.

Last night, the three; Athanasia, Lily, and Felix, didn't get a single ounce of sleep.

Tugging on August's sleeve, he pointed at the trio,

"What happened to them?"

A sweat dropped onto his forehead. What should he tell the little prince? That his elder sister threw a tantrum because she didn't want to see their mother anymore because she's scared their father would hate them? As from what August's observation from staying with the little prince was that the prince, even if he was well-mannered and polite he was a bit too innocent.

And with that innocence, August kinda wanted to protect, reserve it. After all, he had to protect the little prince as his personal butler.

"Nothing happened your highness, they didn't get enough sleep."

"Eh?! Will they be okay?"

Lying to Imperial royalty? Isn't that punishable?

August let out a small chuckle, "This butler is sure that they'll be fine. Your highness has no need to worry."

"M'kay..."

Azrael puffed up his cheeks, sulking.

Motherfucker! Who do you think you are? Where's the fussy butler? Have you become so comfortable that you'd play me a fool?

For the sake...the fucking sake of getting him over to my side, play along, I don't like Claude. Play the fuck along. You'll have the satisfaction, Mallory.

Why of course, Mallory knew what happened, he saw it on a screen. Athanasia, he wondered, did she actually care if Claude hated her? Removing the part where there was a chance that he'd kill her. Wouldn't she like it? Ignored by The oh-so Great Emperor and living a luxurious life in the Ruby Palace?

"Athy's leg hurt."

How'd it become hurt, huh? Did you participate in a running marathon?

"Give me a piggyback ride."

How demanding. Sure enough, like father like daughter, no?

"Yes princess."

Stretching out his arms, he looked at August. It was inevitable that August was taller than Azrael, he was 5 and August was 9. There was a fine 4 year difference.

Who was August to reject h̶i̶s̶ the cute prince?

Picking up the prince, he went over to the red headed Knight. Lillian looked at the two, the royal twins being carried, one in a piggyback ride and the other was in a koala carry.

"Well then, please return safely."

"Bye bye, Lily!"

"Goodbye, Lillian!~"

"We'll see you later."

"Goodbye, Miss Lillian."

"We'll be heading to the Audience Chamber today."

"I'M AFRAID YOU MIGHT Have to wait a little."

As always. Claude has crappy manners.

And you don't?

If he's going to make a person wait, he could at least have them wait in the room.

The waiting room or his Bed Chambers?

ーC r e a kー

The door creaked open, revealing a man older than Felix, though he was most likely young the mop of white hair made his age look significantly older, adding to the slight nags under his eyes.

What was his name again? Robert? Robber? No, no person names their son Robber. Roder! It has to be Roder!

The man seems to have noticed and Felix and they seemed to know each other, he greeted,

"Sir Felix."

Whoa, such a charismatic dude.

Is he..? He doesn't give me that vibe though.

"Sir Roger, it's been a while."

Ah...Tch. It was Roger huh? My memory's turning bad.

Roger? Roger Alpheus?

Who else do you know is named Roger in Lovely Princess?

That Duke Family who raised Jennette until she was 14?!

No, he's the guy that kidnapped her. What the fuck do you think?

"I was curious since I didn't see you at the Audience Hall. Funny seeing you here."

Your expression doesn't make it appear it as funny.

The love interest: Ijekiel Alpheus's Father!

Who else is he the father of?

"My, Pardon my manners. I didn't notice."

Roger apologised, finally noticing the two royals.

"Roger Alpheus, at your service. May prosperity be under the Obelian Empire."

He gave a low bow.

ROGER ALPHEUS.

THE Duke of the Alpheus Duchy or the love interests father of Lovely Princess.

Though he would probably be known more as the latter.

As like any other nobleman. The Duke of Alpheus Duchy was quite the ambitious person. Yearning to extend his control and influence past the limitations of the Duchy.

A calculating, observant and manipulative man. Raising the girl, Jennette as his personal tool to success and succeeding.

BY Now, Azrael was standing on the floor, leaning some of his weight on to his butler.

The white haired man observed Athanasia and Azrael.

Ah? What's this? Are you comparing me to Ijekiel? He'll never be on my level.

Huh? What's this? That look in his eyes...

Is he comparing his card with me?

Me, a five year old?

Fun.

"Hello, Mister White!"

Sup, how's Jennette doing?

"Greetings Old Man."

Go dye your hair as much as white is an aesthetic, I don't like it on you.

"They wouldn't happen to be talking about me, would they?"

Who else here has white hair and looks like an old man? Fucking dumb.

"Mister, you look like a white doggy!"

"Sir, I don't mean to be rude, you do kinda look like an old man."

"You want a bite? it's yummy!"

...I don't know why, but I feel second hand embarrassment.

"Thank..."

"Bad doggy! Doggies don't eat sweets!"

"She's...Truly an adorable princess."

"The prince as well...he's very well-mannered."

"Athy wants to see papa!"

I don't. He's very tiring.

"Ahem. Well then, shall we?"

"Your highness, shall we go in?"

"Bye, Mister White!"

"Goodbye, Old man."

"YOU'RE HERE."

CLAUDE SITTING On his throne, one hand supporting his head, elbow on the arm rest of the throne.

Yes, I'm here. I've graced you with my magnificent presence. Tch.

"Yes, Your Majesty. We met Sir Alpheus outside."

"Mister Whitey!"

"Old Man."

"Whitey? Old Man?"

"Because he looked like a white doggy!"

"His white hair makes him look old."

Claude stayed silent, averting his eyes before covering his mouth with his hand.

Eh? He laughed!

What's so surprising about that?

"Quite fitting for a man that does look old and won't ever stop barking or being a nuisance."

Isn't that a bit harsh for the father of your son-in-law?

Perfectly normal.

Claude looked at the two, specifically more on Felix and Athanasia.

"You've quickly become the nanny, I see."

A smirk on his face. Felix gave a small laugh, whether from embarrassment or flattery Azrael didn't know, he never learned how to read emotions. Quickly placing the princess on the floor, he rubbed the back of his head.

I don't think that was meant to be a compliment...

It wasn't. It was stating the very obvious. He's a Knight not a Nanny.

Both twins ran over to the throne, Athanasia suddenly turned around, handing her circle shaped lollipop before running back to Claude.

"Now that I think of it, I believe Sir Alpheus also has a boy the same age of the Princess and Prince."

The age difference between Athanasia and me are the same as August and me. Four fucking years. It ain't the same age.

"Wouldn't he be a good companion for the Princess and Prince?"

Nope.

Wow, look at this gold.

Was the golden map not enough before?

I don't think anyone would notice if I took some..

The most definitely will. He is the Emperor and the Emperor is the first important to an Empire, second is the Crowned Royal.

Claude looked at the two.

"Is Athy going to have a new friend?"

"August is good for me!"

Ah, August. You are an amazing excuse to use.

"...Just imagining three children running around the Palace gives me nightmares already."

"I hate it when it's noisy."

"On top of that, a boy like Roger Alpheus..."

Not good.

Fuck- where the floor go?

"As I though, light and heavy."

Claude carried Azrael by pulling his collar, while carrying Athanasia against his hip. Walking over to the back of the throne, he opened the curtains, revealing a small bed filled with pillows and cushions. They looked very fluffy and Azrael bet it did.

Putting the two down,

"I've been bothered with a noisy complaints since early today, it has made me tired."

I didn't ask did It?

Picking a random spot in the bed, he lied down.

Athanasia turned around,

This man, he's always so...Immodest! Why can't he dress up like Azrael, fully clothed.

His clothes are always open and he sleeps anywhere! Without hesitation!

I'm flattered again but these clothes make me look skinny, but they look nice.

"That time, that song."

Isabella's Lullaby?

"The Lullaby?"

"Yes, the one you said you made up."

"Do I sing it?"

"Yes. Have you forgotten how to sing the song?"

"I remember."

And with that, Azrael sang what he could remember of Isabella's Lullaby.

ONE HAD TO REALISE That they weren't in some webtoon or novel anymore, Mallory knew very well he wasn't in some fantasy world made by someone. Yet, just some part of him could never take that seriously.

He knew they were real, yet he won't take them as real people. Was it weird? To think that they were nothing but a puppet, with their fate written on a piece of technology?

What about his fate? Was it written on technology as well? Some part of him wanted to see what happens, the other wants to control this fate and play God. Wouldn't it be fun if he played as a God and controlled his fate? He knew well he couldn't control things like fate, but he wanted to try. To just have a touch of that exhilarating feeling, you feel him?

Well, perhaps he's being a bit too delusional right now. However, was there a problem with that? After all, if he was able to be logical and have a functioning train of thoughts, being a bit delusional was no problem.

Perhaps, he'll manipulate his fate just like what Athanasia did with her pitiful fate. After all. He could be like those reincarnated people and turn over the disgrace of a plot, and earn themselves a harem.

There wasn't a problem with that, right?

"HAS HIS MAJESTY GONE To sleep?"

"The prince fell asleep..?"

The butler and knight spoke at the very same time. Claude fell asleep in the middle of Azreal's Lullaby and somehow he, himself fell asleep soon after Claude did. Now, Athanasia took advantage of that and played with both Azrael and Claude's hair. They were quite soft, she wasn't going to lie.

"This is quite unusual. He doesn't like being seen when he's defenseless."

"It appears that the Prince's song was very effective."

He's not wrong...Azrael's Lullaby was great, that I almost fell asleep too.

Of course, his highness' Lullaby could lure anyone to sleep.

"Princess."

"What is it?"

"I was at fault yesterday,"

"I shouldn't act too selfishly without getting your permission. I was wrong."

August averted his eyes and shifted uncomfortably, he really felt like he shouldn't be hearing this. It was between the princess and her Knight. He was the Prince's butler.

"I just... I thought would be happy if I did."

Athanasia looked away, guilty.

"Ah, Athy is also sorry for hitting you yesterday."

Felix let out a small chuckle, "Don't worry about it. It hurts a little, but I'm already all better now."

Athanasia looked dumbfounded at his response, she was the one that bounced off after hitting him. How in the fuck did he get hurt?! She bounced off the fucking floor. The floor. He stayed still.

"To be honest, I too at an early age although not as early as you, princess, lost my mother."

What about the prince?

August stared at Felix, who started to somehow tell his slight childhood. Were people always this sappy? August wondered. Maybe he surrounded himself with the cheery and bright prince, he temporarily forgot about things. The prince had a calming and shining aura, it was almost surreal to the butler.

"My mother was his Majesty's nanny. In fact, both his Majesty and I were breastfed by my mother."

August's face scrunched up, that was too much information.

"When I was young, to be honest, I was always a little angry with my mother. She always spent more time with His Majesty than she did with me."

Perhaps, his Majesty was better than you.

"So when my mother passed away, at first I would even say that I didn't miss her at all. And to be honest, I've never really missed my mother.

When she was alive, I spent very little time with and because of that I never really felt her presence."

August noticed the gloomy atmosphere, closing his eyes he heaved out a silent sigh. He suppose he should feel a bit of sympathy to the Knight, but at the very same time he didn't want to.

"But one day, very much by chance. The embroidery on a handkerchief that I always carry around...What I mean to say is...My mother has personally embroidered my name on this handkerchief, and one day, I was suddenly fixated on it."

After all...You're still her son.

August, by now, was casually just listening to Felix tell his childhood. Perhaps it was normal to just dump your childhood to a 5 year old child now.

"And to my disbelief I was even crying. The mother I had resented so much up to then. The person I thought as simply an image was actually someone I truly missed."

"Even though we don't have any memories together, she was still my one and only mother."

August looked at Athanasia who was averting her eyes while playing with the Prince's hair.

"So, this is really really a secret, but...When I said I didn't want to see Mommy yesterday, Athy was lying."

"Is that so."

"But I wasn't lying when I said I didn't have to see Mommy. I have papa and Azrael, don't I."

"Even though I don't have a mama, because I can listen to Azrael sing to Athy and papa, Athy won't cry."

"Does princess Athanasia have a wish?"

"A wish?" Athanasia echoed,

"Something you think that if it happen... would be nice." You don't need to ask twice! My wish is obvious!

"At eighteen...!"

"Mh?"

My wish is that Claude doesn't kill me when I turn eighteen!

"That papa likes Athy more and more and more! As much as Athy likes papa! This much! So so so much!" Throwing her hands up in the air to exaggerate.

So that when I'm 10 or 18 he won't want to kill me!

Felix let out a small laugh, assuring the princess,

"That wish, will come true, I promise."

Fucking noisy little shits. Is wanting to sleep too much to ask for?

STIRRING THE CUP OF Green tea with a small spoon to cool it down, Azrael's jeweled eyes observed the his room. He was bored, coming back to his room after he woke up from his nap at the Emperor's hidden room there wasn't anything fun.

Bringing the fancy cup closer to his lips, he took a sip. Immediately after that mild disgust washed over his face, it didn't taste good nor did it taste bad. Perhaps he was missing some sugar, that was it, the tea was too bland for him.

Placing the cup on the couch, making sure to balance it properly, he hopped off the couch and went over to somewhere in his room. Taking out a small box out of his drawer, he opened the lid and grabbed a small pouch in the colour of white.

Strolling back over to the cup of tea, he opened the pouch and flipped it upside down, the contents from the pouch spilled out, dumping everything into the cup.

Small bits of excess white bits fell onto the couch, surrounding the cup.

Tossing the pouch somewhere, he grabbed the cup of tea and placed it onto the table, using his hand he dusted off the sugar off.

Taking the spoon, he stirred the tea. Making sure the sugar dissolves, well mildly dissolved, he didn't mind the sugar that sticked together from the water.

"Let's go annoy August."

AH, JUST HOW LONG Has he been in this world? 7? Maybe 8? How embarrassing, to think he'd not remember his own age. Well, not like it'll matter that much anyway.

Walking over to his wardrobe, his eyes skimmed over the variety of fancy ass clothes he could wear.

"Mmh."

Humming to himself, he picked his usual style of clothing that he, himself has no idea why he likes. Turning it around, he gave himself a nod of approval.

A white priest uniform, just without the crosses. Golden designs layered onto the clothes. Grabbing a short cape to layer on top of the uniform, snatching a pair of white gloves to finish off the outfit.

Too fancy for a child?

....

Of course not.

Strolling over to the nightstand beside his bed, he opened the first drawer and brought out a short rectangular box, pulling the lid off, he looked over the variety of sweets he's stolen from the kitchen in the box, they didn't suspect him anyway so it was fine, Athanasia was the one that kept getting suspected.

Picking up a star shaped cookie, he placed the lid back on, and placed the box back into the drawer.

Stuffing the sweet into his mouth, the corners of his mouth slowly lifted itself up.

Clapping his hands to get rid of the crumbs from his gloves, he went outside.

I think, Athanasia by now should be going to Claude for sweets.

"YOU'RE HERE."

NO SHIT Sherlock

"Papa! Athy's here!"

       Athanasia happily skipped into the room, "Father, we've arrived." Azrael's trademark smile on his face, while leisurely walking into the room and closing the door.

"Nowadays, you both just come and go as you please, don't you."

Well, I- you got a point there.

"All of a sudden I wanted to see papa, this, thiiis much! So I came right away!"

Athanasia flapped her arms up and down infront of Claude, pink flowers surrounded her.

"I, as well missed you quite a lot, father!"

Sending in a bright smile over to the father and daughter, he expressed his f̶a̶k̶e̶ longing for Claude.

"Isn't it a bit early for you to making all this ruckus?"

"Hehehe."

Claude's manner of speaking hasn't changed, but he doesn't seem to mind it when I bother him. You actually like it don't you?

He just gotten used to your presence, don't be so full of yourself.

Claude looked at the two bright and cherry kids. "...."

"Bring it in."

At his words, Athanasia visibly brightened up, having gotten what she came here for. Surely she'd be happy.

Azrael's eyes scanned the various desserts placed onto the coffee table, looking for the one he favoured.

Kyaaa~ What a beautiful sight!

It still confuses me as to how and why you aren't fat yet.

"Hm? It seems like you're more excited to see that cake than you are to see me."

"It's more delicious eating here with papa and Azrael. Hehe."

Athanasia spoke the words empty-heartedly and gave a smile to her father, shoving cake into her mouth while she spoke.

Smoothly sliding a piece of blueberry swirl cheesecake over to him, he grabbed his utensils and started eating while watching the two.

"It always surprises me you don't have chubbier cheeks."

Exactly! Shitty plot conveniences.

"And you."

Azrael stopped wiping his mouth with the handkerchief and looked up, meeting the Emperor's gaze, "Yes father..?"

"Eat more."

Hah? Is that?- is he implying I'm too slim?

Sending over a bright closed eye smile, "Of course!"

You motherfucker.

"You didn't meet anyone on the way here today, did you?"

"Meet someone? Who?"

"If you didn't meet them that's fine. You can continue to ignore them in the future."

  Claude's eyebrows furrowed as he brought the cup to his lips.

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

"AH! IT'S MISTER WHITE!"

"Old Man.."

Athanasia stretched put one of her hands, "Mister White, paw!"

"My lady, my name is Roger Alpheus..."

Azrael swallowed, feeling disgusted for no particular reason. Perhaps, it was because of Athanasia acting like that, tugging at August's shirt, successfully catching his attention.

"Candy...?"

Maybe candy would drown out the feeling of disgust and wanting to throw up away.

Jade coloured eyes glanced at the child on his back, the prince looked quite paler, but then again the young prince he looks after has always been very pale. Nodding a bit, one of his hands that wrapped around the Prince's leg left and went to the pocket and fished out a piece of candy.

Flavour? Strawberry, good enough.

"Thank you!"

"Princess Athanasia and Prince Azrael."

You called?

Switching his attention over to the Duke,

"Is there anyone around that can serve as your friend or companion? I worry the both of you might get lonely..."

Is my butler invisible to you?

"Friend?"

What's he up to now?

"Companion?"

Both royals spoke in sync, tilting their heads slightly, "Silly Mister. Of course Athy has friends!"

"Why of course I have a companion, Old man."

"Felix and Azrael are my friends!"

"I have August as my companion, and Athy as my...friend and sister of course!"

Azrael looked at the Duke with a smile.

"Perhaps someone closer to the prince and princess' age. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone you can relate to better?"

Holy shit, he's actually blind. What age do you think my butler is? He's probably the same are your Ijekiel.

"!"

"Actually I have a son close to you both in age, Prince, Princess."

"He's a very bright and mature child. He's three years older thanー"

Blocking out whatever Roger was saying, Azrael focused on his thoughts.

Isn't August 4 years older..? That would make 11 and Ijekiel 10.

...

Bleh.

This man's trying to use me as his insurance plan.

"Ack-"

Azrael couldn't help but cough, trying to stifle his laughter. Even though he's read it beforeーit wasn't funnyーsomehow, with a voice and all, it just felt funny.

August quickly snapped his head over the second he heard the prince cough, "Your highness, are you alright?"

"Huh? Yeah, totally fine."

"If he's like Mister White...Athy will pass."

"No worries Old man, I'll be friends with your son."

As if he's done something illegal, all the attention was laid on him. The shock faces of all of them

"What..?"

AZRAEEEEEEEEEEEEEL DON'T DO THIS!

"Your highness..are you sure?"

The prince beamed a smile, "Yup!"

"If that's the case..I'll arrange a play date for the prince. And..how about a girl who's closer to the princess' age..?"

Athanasia stared at the man in shock. IS THAT MAN CRAZY?!

"Ah, are you perhaps referring to your niece?"

Felix spoke up, popping himself into the conversation.

"That's right. I have aー"

Azrael drowned out whatever they were talking about, he'd assume it'll be boring.

IN ORDER TO GET CLAUDE TO NOTICE JENNETTE, YOU'RE GONNA USE ME!

Isn't it obvious though..

I MAY END UP DYING FOR THIS LITTLE PLAN OF YOURS!

Plot armour man..plot armour

I know Jennette is not at fault...BUT I'M ATHANASIA!

What..what is that supposed to mean..

"Princess, if princess wants a friend, I could also help convince His Majesty."

"Hmm..but, Athy doesn't want a friend that's more stupid than Athy."

"Ackー" Azrael coughed lightly, Are you admitting that you're stupid? Plus, that's just..ehh, weren't you a full grown adult. She's but a child at the moment..

Stabilising himself by using August's shoulder, he stood up.

"Princess, you don't have to worry. She is quite a bright child."

Athanasia's eyes wandered off, thinking.

"If that's the case, the child that Mister White speaks of, how much social theory has she studied?"

Obviously not much, I wonder if you've forgotten that you were an adult before..

"If she's that smart, she must already be up on the second volume,"

A much shocked expression took over both the Duke and Knights face.

"Hm, Athy and Azrael is having a bit trouble understanding Max Berlinger's theory of functionalism. Has she already studied Bill Roitz?"

"How are her other studies? Magic?ー"

"Philosophy? History?"

Athanasia's eyes widen slightly, she had not expect that her brother would've joined in on it, sort of shaking her head she went back to bombarding questions at the poor Duke.

"Can she speak Arlanta? What about the official language of Pascal?"

"The Heavens know of Everything. Theー"

"Truth cannot be hidden."

Azrael popped in on the conversation,

"Saicana's sacred imperial language is fairly..easy, but of course, the child you spoke of could find it hard, but I'm sure she's learning bits and bits of it, right?"

"May the Gods punish those who deceive with a thousand punishments."

At the end of it, Duke Alpheus looked absolutely dumbfounded, even Felix had quite the stunned reaction.

Still with a dumbfounded expression, he spoke:

"Although my niece is interested in her studies..I don't think she's at the same level as the Prince and Princess."

"I had have already heard that the Royal twins was extremely bright, but the rumours did not do the twins justice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...