The Underground

By butterflytint

As the daughter of a rich and prominent government figure, you've always been meticulous, turning to hacking... More

intro
Japan's Fourth Most Wanted
Helix Armed Agency
Cell #113
Shinjuku Noodles
village chase
The Captain
The Command Team
Assigment: Information Retrieval
Marble Steps
Just an Extra Training Session
Hello Kitty Bandaid
Huh?
Train to Yokohama
Dance with the Devil
A message for Daichi
tequila mockingbird
take me shopping
Top of the Cosmo Clock
July 20th
let me take care of you
Tokyo's finest . . . hacker
An "American" Breakfast
Date Technologies
winding down
the arsenal
Itachiyama's Apothecary
Devil's Playpen
Tears of the Moon
A Star's Ember
Glass Cages
The Sun Realm
Someone
Watch me die
Brother's Keeper
5:43
Obsidian Skies

Fox's Trap

5.3K 146 523
By butterflytint

For my dear readers who read the fic for its true content, thank you. And to those of you who only read the smut and complained about there being an actual story: your mom's a hoe. Don't comment about how you only wanted smut and how you didn't sign up for an actual story--it's unnecessary--and you may be lacking intellect and social skills 😔

Warning: Mentions of gore, violence, reference to ED's, and a whole lot of stress in this chapter tbh 😰

Next two parts are chapter 7 from ao3

Oikawa felt sore, his entire body was aching. His eyes fluttered open after what seemed like years, still making him sensitive to the light. He tried moving his arms only to realize he couldn't move at all. He looked down, seeing his arms were tied behind his back.

"Huh?" he rasped, not being able to recall anything.

He couldn't move his legs at all, his arms were bruised and bloodied along with the rest of his body. He let out a haphazard groan as he made another attempt to move but failed yet again. He was stripped of all his weapons and gear; only left with the clothes on his back.

Oikawa looked around the room, he'd gotten used to the dingy lighting as he kept studying the area. It was just an empty room with grimy walls, it looked like he was in the steel factory, maybe in some office by the looks of the rickety desk and tables in there.

The door was right in front of him, just a few feet away. If he could just get out of this damn chair—

He tried to move his weight to the side, so the chair could fall over and break, but it didn't budge. He looked down to see that the chair was stuck to the floor, bolted down to prevent any movement.

"Fuck," he growled.

The creaking of the door opening brought him out of his senses, he slowly turned his head up. A man entered the room, closing the door behind him as he glared at Oikawa.

Oikawa grinned, "Well if it isn't the spawn of Satan himself. How've you been, Atsumu?"

Atsumu marched up to him, "Don't talk to me like we're old friends or something."

Oikawa chuckled, "I guess we weren't exactly friends, but you were my protege. Doesn't that count for something?"

"Fuck you," Atsumu seethed. "You're still the same douchebag from all those years ago. I still owe you an ass beating for what you did to my arm."

"Oh, what," Oikawa narrowed his eyes with heavy sarcasm in his voice, "I was only training you to be better. I'm sure at some point all teachers break their student's arms to teach them to stop being a fucking baby."

The blonde brought his fist up and delivered a blow to the side of Oikawa's already battered face. Oikawa turned his head back to face the man, still grinning at him before he spat his blood onto Atsumu's face. Atsumu's expression morphed from simple irritation to a look of blinding rage. He pulled his gun out from the back of his waistband, but the door opened again before the man could pull the trigger.

"Careful with that thing dummy, you might shoot yourself," Oikawa teased.

"Atsumu, you know he's doing it to get a rise out of you, right?" the man entering the room said. His silvery hair and dark tips painted an even wider smile on Oikawa's face.

"Kita," Oikawa sang. "Buddy, how're the folks? Grandma taking her meds on time?"

Oikawa's casual demeanor made Kita sigh, "Why did you kill thirteen of my men, Oikawa?"

"Technically I killed eleven. Two of your men were stupid enough to shoot themselves," Oikawa tutted.

"That's because you used tear gas on them, you motherfucker," Atsumu barked.

"Yeah? And that's why I fucked your mom."

"I'm gonna light your ass on fire!"

"Atsumu, please," Kita held a hand out to ease his friend.

Oikawa flashed a sparkling grin at Atsumu, "Yeah, keep it quiet, will ya? Mom and Dad are talking."

Atsumu grumbled in the corner as Kita turned back to the brunette, frowning dejectedly. The door opened again, revealing two other boys, one with dark hair and green foxlike eyes, the other holding an identical resemblance to Atsumu, only difference being his gray undercut.

"Ah, Osamu, the less annoying twin," Oikawa mused, eyeing both brothers.

"Ugh," Suna groaned, folding his arms as he leaned against a desk, popping a red lollipop out of his mouth. "He say why he butchered our men?"

"No," Kita replied shortly.

Oikawa inhaled, looking smug as he looked at Suna, "I'll tell you now if you want."

Suna didn't respond, he simply looked at him with a bored expression. He nodded and Oikawa took it as a cue to proceed.

"Well, I'm sure you've heard of what happened to little old Jin Sato," Oikawa tilted his head, taking a moment to look at each individual in the room. "Shiratorizawa was behind it, we know that already, but when we took a little looking into what was in the explosive device, we back tracked that to Sakusa who said he was doing a favor for a friend of his." Oikawa's gaze flicked to Atsumu. "So, then I put two and two together and made my merry little way over here, putting down some of your dogs along the way."

Atsumu grabbed a bat from behind him and stormed towards the tied down Seijoh captain, "I'm gonna shove this so far up your ass, you'll be choking on it!"

"Woah, blondy," Oikawa recoiled in his seat. "I didn't know you had a thing for me. You're not really my type, though."

Atsumu furrowed his brows, but Osamu stepped in, "You slaughtered our people on a hunch?"

"Precisely," Oikawa chimed.

The Inarizaki men looked at each other. Another man came into the room, nodding at Kita to let him know he heard everything going on.

"So?" Oikawa shrugged in his seat. "You boys going to admit that you're working with Ushijima?"

Atsumu smiled suddenly, but Kita gestured for him and the rest to leave. On their way out, Kita stopped one of them.

"Aran," Kita said in a low voice. "Get one of the guards to get something for Oikawa to eat. Make sure it's a warm meal."

"Okay," Aran nodded and shut the door behind him.

Once it was just the two of them in the room, Oikawa purred, "Awww, I knew you wouldn't let our old friendship go down the drain like that, Shinsuke."

"Oikawa, will you stop fucking around for once?" Kita crossed his arms and looked down at his old friend.

"Depends, you planning on sneaking in some drinks for me? I mean this is the perfect occasion, the reunion of two old drinking buddies," Oikawa said grandly.

Kita held an apathetic stare, "We haven't been those people in a long time. This isn't like before what happened."

Oikawa's smile faded, "We can still be those people. I don't get why that should change the way we were with each other."

"You were the one that went to Argentina. You ran away instead of facing that shit here with me," Kita said, he seemed scornful, but his tone lacked emotion.

"I . . . know I shouldn't have done that," Oikawa lamented, his face drooping in remorse. "I'm sorry I turned my back on you. I was a shitty person and a coward. I'm not that stupid kid anymore, and if you help me by telling me what Ushijima is doing, we can go back to the way we were before."

Kita pulled up a chair, sitting in front of Oikawa while setting his elbows on his own thighs as he hunched over slightly, "I'm not mad at you about that anymore. I was for a bit, but I got over it eventually."

"Kita, I know you find no pleasure in all this illegal shit. You just need the money to support your family and the other guys. Just tell me what Ushijima is up to."

* * * * *

"Takeda, I'll go to the cafeteria later to eat. We're busy right now," you waved your hand to tell him to leave the pit.

"Y/N, sweetie, if Oikawa was here, he'd tell you to drop everything and go eat with him," Takeda scolded all paternally.

"Takeda," you faced him, "you know I love you but you're really testing me and I'm already busy so please leave us alone. I'll eat when I deserve to."

Takeda shuddered before scurrying off. Akaashi looked at you, frowning, not sure if it was right to say anything. Iwaizumi picked up the look in Akaashi's eyes and exhaled.

"Hey, you should relax," Iwaizumi's eyes pierced through yours. "I know you're stressed, but Takeda's just trying to help. We're all doing all that we can."

"Iwa, Tooru's been missing for over forty-eight hours," you stared back at him. "I stupidly decided to listen to everyone trying to convince me that he'd be back by morning. And guess what? He's still off the grid, I don't know if he's dead, alive, or strapped to some weird torture machine. And you know what I was doing? I was at school taking a fucking test. A motherfucking test. The love of my life is out there probably fighting for his life and I was sitting in an air-conditioned exam hall. I've got to be the worst girlfriend out there. So please . . . don't tell me to relax . . .  not right now."

You turned back to the screen, continuing to peruse through your information on Inarizaki and any CCTV footage that could've picked up any traces of Oikawa when he left. You were already frustrated to learn that he left his phone in his bunker, making it nearly impossible to track his whereabouts. Iwaizumi, and the other captains shared a tense glance.

They all walked towards the cafeteria, leaving you and some of the other commanding officers in the pit to get as much information as you could with the organization's top technical analysts. They sat at a table towards a corner, so they could eat and discuss the situation in peace, even though the entire facility was in a state of panic since the twenty-four-hour mark of the great Seijoh captain. And that mark had been hit nearly twenty-four hours ago.

"This is really taking a toll on Y/N," Sugawara said softly.

"Yeah," Kuroo grunted. "I've never seen her like this before."

"I didn't know her and Oikawa were that serious. I thought they were just dating for a while, I didn't know they loved each other that much," Bokuto's mouth turned downwards.

Iwaizumi looked at the tablet with information you and the technical analysts had gathered so far, "Yeah, he asked her to move in with her. They love each other, she's probably blaming herself for that dumbass's actions. But I'll admit, she works well under pressure, she gathered all this information about Inarizaki in under three hours even though there was believed to be no trace of them for years."

They peered at the screen.

"What should we do now?" Sugawara asked. "It's been forty-eight hours. Should we notify the police?"

"Don't think it's good to alert them yet," Bokuto said. "If Inarizaki does have Oikawa in their custody then they'd know we're on to them."

"Yeah, they might hurt him," Kuroo added.

They all groaned, whispers and not-so-stealthy points and gestures were directed at them from other agents since they stepped foot in the facility that day.

Meanwhile, you were vigorously typing away with Kenma, Akaashi, and the others at the main computer in the pit. Over your cargo pants and black tank top, you were in the Seijoh captain's teal sweatshirt, briskly clicking the keyboard. Your eyes were glued to the screen.

"Someone get a scented candle in here. I need to think, preferably a vanilla or lavender one," you ordered at the first-level Seijoh agents standing several feet away.

"Y-yes, commanding officer, ma'am," a boy saluted before rushing off.

Last night, Coach and Takeda came up to you to promote you to a level five agent, taking it a step further and promoting you to a Seijoh commanding officer. Not many agents could reach level five in such a short time, but since you were now one of the top agents, you were held to a higher ranking. You should've been over the moon, but considering the magnitude of the situation, it didn't seem like a proper time to celebrate.

"Well, that's definitely a way to use your newfound commanding officer authority," Michimiya appeared from behind you, a warm smile on her face.

"Oh, Yui," you left out a relieved breath. "Yeah, normally I wouldn't be such a bitch but I'm worried. And candles help . . . with calming down." You had to stop yourself from mentioning Oikawa and seeming like an absolute train-wreck.

Michimiya offered a sorrowful expression, she put her arm around your shoulder and guided you away from the computer, "How about we take a break? Come on, let's go someplace quiet."

You didn't bother making a fuss, instead complying to your brother's ex-girlfriend. She took you to a desolate hall off to the side. You leaned against a wall and crossed your arms, Michimiya imitated your actions and stood next to you. She stared at you intently as you kept your gaze fixed on the ground.

When you stayed silent, she asked, "You want to know how Daichi and I met?"

You didn't look at her, "Sure, weren't you a recruit or something?"

"I was a recruit, he didn't train me, though. I met him for the first time when he was in the police academy, I was doing a side job at some café in Shibuya. He would come in sometimes, and I'd serve him usually. I had a little crush on him, I had no clue he was also an agent, we trained with separate teams. Then we were put on a case together, and he was captain so it was basically another way to train me. He was shocked when he found out I was an agent, too," she paused to chuckle. "We got closer since then and we finally got together. It seemed like forever before that idiot realized I was madly in love with him. He was super oblivious for some moronic reason."

You stifled a small laugh, "There's Daichi for you, painfully unaware of the obvious."

"I mean I was being so obvious with it. I was asking him to eat with me in the cafeteria, always going to him for advice, I was cheering him on during sparring matches. I don't know how much more clear I could get with it," Michimiya shook her head, she was grimacing but you could tell how much love there was behind the way she talked about Daichi.

You glanced at her to see her looking down now, too.

"I—um . . . he told me a lot about you and your parents. I was beginning to believe I actually knew you guys. He said he wanted us to meet . . . he said he wanted me to meet you with him this one night for dinner. I was busy with a mission, so I turned down the offer, but—god—I wish I didn't," her voice cracked, like there was some sort of strain on it. "He was gone two days after that, I was going to finally meet you, be introduced to you as his fiancé."

Your eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, they flashed to her face, and she was staring at her hand where there was a small band around her ring finger, and a glittery stone inside. It looked quite expensive at that although it was simplistic, something Daichi would've definitely selected.

"Oh my god," you muttered breathlessly. "Yui, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you guys were engaged. My brother said he wanted to introduce me to his girlfriend but I—I didn't know you guys were going to get married."

"Y/N," she set her hands on your shoulders. "Don't apologize. In no way was my intention to make you feel bad or pity me. I just wanted you to know that I've been in your shoes. I've dealt with losing the love of my life, I totally get if your upset or frustrated right now, but just know that we're all here to help. Daichi may not be here anymore, and I know we didn't get the chance to have the little wedding we always wanted, but I'm still your family now either way. I'm still your sister-in-law, your big sister and I promise I'll be here for you no matter what because not only is it what Daichi would've wanted . . . but it's what I want."

With teary eyes, you frowned a miserable frown at her. You pulled her in for an embrace, hearing her sniffling, too. Before you could even let the chance for a tear to streak down your cheek, you pulled yourself together again.

"Thanks, Yui," you smiled kindly, pulling back from the hug. "We have the entire organization tracing leads, our top agents are on the case, we're doing our best. We haven't heard anything about a dead body yet so there's still a chance Tooru is alive. I should probably talk to my team on what we should do now."

Michimiya nodded cheerfully before you made your way to the cafeteria. When you got there, you sat down next to Iwaizumi and the other captains, Hanamaki and Matsukawa were there now too. You scooted closer to Iwaizumi to see his tablet.

"You guys find anything useful out of what my guys sent you?" you set your elbows on the table.

"No," Kuroo frowned. "But you did great work, though."

"Shit," you mumbled. "Then the work wasn't great enough if we can't do anything with it."

"I'm sure something will come up soon," Bokuto patted your shoulder.

"I'm confused," Sugawara grasped his chin between his thumb and index finger. "There haven't been any ransom demands or proof of Inarizaki even having Oikawa. Maybe we're looking at a whole other group."

With a cold expression, you looked at the Karasuno captain, "If Tooru was so adamant on Inarizaki being involved and he suddenly disappears out of the blue, it most likely is them."

"You both have good points, but we can't rule out anything yet," Bokuto said, shooting you a look over Kuroo's shoulder.

"Right," you breathed, shaking your head before looking up at the Karasuno captain, "Suga, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude."

Sugawara waved dismissively at your apology, letting you know he wasn't hurt by you or anything. That first-level agent you snapped at earlier popped up by your side, making you jolt in your seat.

"Commanding officer, Sawamura," he stammered. "Here's t-the candle you asked for. It's lavender vanilla, both scents in one, miss—ma'am."

He handed you the candle and you slowly took it, "Uh . . . thanks." You reached into your pocket and pulled out a couple thousand yen, holding it out for the poor boy. "Right, I'm sorry for yelling at you and the trouble, go buy yourself something nice."

"O-oh, thank you so much, Commanding officer," he bowed before scurrying off.

"We usually don't pay the trainees out of pocket, Coach is the one to send the check," Kuroo whispered, you simply shrugged in response.

Matsukawa tapped your foot under the table to get your attention before asking, "You're the one Oikawa is always with or talking to, did he leave something with you that could point to where he could be?"

You thought for a moment, then shook your head, "No, if I knew of something that could lead us to Inarizaki, I would've already realized. There's no way something that's involved with criminal activity would go pass right under me without me noticing—Wait . . ." you paused briefly to ruminate on the new idea that popped into your head. "But there's someone that could help me. I'm such an idiot! I've got to go."

You got up and rushed out the cafeteria, leaving your friends confused as to what you were doing. You ran to the weapons room, passing by other agents' eyes following you. Your laptop was in the car in case you needed that but for the first time, you didn't think you would. The gun you were issued through the organization was already on your hip, you just needed to stock up on ammunition.

As you were loading the gun and placing the extra ammo you brought, the door opened. You didn't turn around since you now had the authority to be in there as a commanding officer.

"What are you planning on doing, Y/N?" Iwaizumi's voice called sternly.

Without facing him, you said, "Not right now, Iwa. We can talk later."

"No," he grabbed your shoulder and forcefully made you face him. "We'll talk now. Why the hell are you gathering weapons from the arsenal?"

You glared back before aggressively shaking off his hand, you turned back to grab your grappling gear. "I'm going to get Tooru back."

"How exactly are you planning on doing that? Who were you saying could help?" he questioned.

You took off Oikawa's sweatshirt, setting it to the side so you could put that in your car as you were leaving. "I'm going to Daishou. If there's anyone that knows the inner workings of Tokyo's criminal activity, it's him. Suguru probably knows someplace that Inarizaki has ties with."

"You can't trust someone like Daishou. And come on—Suguru? You can't be on first name basis with the enemy," Iwaizumi spat.

"He's not the enemy, Inarizaki and Shiratorizawa is," you said coldly. "He's proven his loyalty to us time and time again. I know him, I've spent half a year getting to know him because of Mika and I trust him. He genuinely wants to help us catch those bastards."

Iwaizumi grabbed both your shoulders this time, fixating your position so you couldn't run off, "Then what? He tells you where they are and you dive head first into criminal territory with a gun and a cable? Your hacking abilities are amazing but they wouldn't help in that situation. Please, Y/N, be rational."

He looked at you with trembling eyes, you shivered seeing him like this, "I'm more than qualified in combat, I may not have killed someone, but I've used my weapons strategically many times before. We've hit the forty-eight-hour mark since Tooru's disappearance. I'm not trying to make it get to the seventy-second. We can't afford another day—he can't afford it. And, yes, if Daishou tells me where to go, I'll go. If putting my life in danger means getting Tooru back, I'd do it a thousand times over."

"Even if that means you die?" your friend furrowed his brows.

"Yes," you replied, not wavering as you stared back at him.

Iwaizumi sighed, "I can't let you do that." His grip on you stayed.

You quivered, "I can't lose him like I lost Daichi. When Daichi was dying there was nothing I could do, but now I can with Tooru. Hajime, please, I love him."

He seemed to turn to stone after what you said. He tensed up and froze, apprehensively looking back into your pleading eyes.

"Okay, but I'm coming with you," he said firmly, finally letting you go.

"No, Iwa, I can't make you do that," you shook your head.

"I want to, he's my best friend," Iwaizumi pointed. "We're in this together now."

For a moment, you just stared at each other, then you threw your arms around his neck, pulling him in for an embrace, "Thank you."

"We're coming too," a voice at the door said.

You turned to see Kuroo standing there, the other captains trailing in behind him with Hanamaki, Matsukawa, Kenma, and Akaashi.

"What are you guys doing here?" you asked as you let go of Iwaizumi.

"We followed you, and grabbed Kenma and Akaashi, too," Hanamaki beckoned at the two technical analysts with his thumb.

"Oikawa's a dumbass, but he's our friend, too," Matsukawa said.

"Yeah, so we're coming, too," Kuroo repeated.

You looked at Bokuto and Sugawara who nodded in agreement.

You heaved a breath, "Okay, let's go. Kenma, Akaashi, head to the data lab and privately monitor us from there." They nodded as you proceeded, "We can't have Coach knowing 'cuz he wouldn't let us go. You guys know we could get in a lot of trouble for this, right?"

"Yeah, but who cares?" Bokuto threw an arm around you. "Now let's get in the van already."

Kenma and Akaashi headed to the data lab while you and the others took the elevator down to Helix's garage to take one of the vans. You all piled in, gearing up as Sugawara drove the rest of you towards Daishou's apartment. You got out of the van, making your way up to his floor with Iwaizumi waiting by the elevator as you went ahead.

You knocked on the door, waiting a few moments before pounding on it again. You were beginning to grow impatient, contemplating on whether you should break it down.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," Daishou's voice called from inside. He opened the door and squinted at you, he was probably asleep since it was past midnight. He was in his boxers and he furrowed his brows when he recognized you, "Y/N? The fuck are you doing here? Is everything alright?"

"No, Suguru," you said in a serious tone. "Tooru's missing and I need your help."

His eyes widened, "What? Oikawa's missing? How long?"

"It's been over two days. He went after Inarizaki."

"Oh shit," he shuddered.

"Y/N?" a voice called from behind Daishou. It was Mika, wrapping herself in a silky pink robe, "What are you doing here? I didn't tell you I'd be here."

You gulped. Oh, this looked bad, this looked really bad. Mika had no clue you and Daishou were working together. She had no idea you were the Tokyo hacker to begin with or that you were aware of her boyfriend's actual business. You stared blankly at her, offering no words to answer.

"Y/N, what the fuck are you doing at my boyfriend's house in the middle of the night?" she asked again, more aggressively this time.

"Mika, I swear this isn't what you think. It's serious," you said to her.

Mika eyed you accusingly, "Oh it's serious? You're saying you're in a serious relationship with my boyfriend?"

You and Daishou spun to face her, "WHAT?!"

"We are not together. Not ever," you fake gagged. "God, no. I need Suguru's help, that's all."

"With what?" Mika asked. "You guys have been acting so weird for months and I've realized that you're both keeping secrets. I'm obligated to know as your girlfriend and your best friend."

You and Daishou shared a look and you finally decided to be upfront with Mika, explaining everything about yourself being the hacker, working with Helix, about Oikawa, and how Daishou was involved. You even called over Iwaizumi to back up your claims.

"Oh my god," Mika gasped. She blinked several times in shock, "I can't believe this. Daichi was killed because of them?"

You nodded grimly.

She grasped her boyfriend's arm, "Go, help her. GO!"

Daishou nodded before going back in to get dressed.

Mika turned to you, "Be careful, okay? I can't believe you were idiotic enough to get yourself in this."

You looked at your best friend with a small smile, "I'm sorry, but I have to go get my idiot back."

It barely took Daishou two minutes before he was back out, he sweetly kissed Mika who ordered, "Make sure nothing bad happens to her. Take care of her and come back home in one piece, both of you."

"Yes, ma'am," you and Daishou saluted before making your way to the elevator.

"Tell me everything you know about Inarizaki," you said while pressing the ground floor button.

"Leader is Shinsuke Kita," Daishou reported as the elevator began to move. "They were said to be in hiding for a while, but I guarantee they've been working discreetly."

The doors opened and you three made your way to the exit, Iwaizumi asked, "Any locations you know of?"

Daishou pondered for a moment, "Let me think, um, they used to move around with different locations. It's hard to pinpoint an exact area because of it."

You opened the back door of the van, the rest of the boys were in there, Sugawara in the driver's seat and Bokuto in the passenger. The three of you hopped in and shut the back door.

"Never thought this would happen," Kuroo piped.

Daishou's brows raised as he looked questionably between you and the Nekoma captain, "You never told me this asshole was going to be here."

"Shut up and just help us!" you snapped. "Suguru, tell us whatever you know."

The Nohebi leader groaned.

"Yeah, Suguru," Kuroo nagged.

You smacked the back of his head, "Stop it."

"Alright, just think," Iwaizumi nudged Daishou. "What's someplace they could possibly still have ties with?"

Daishou covered his mouth with his fist, deep in thought as he stared at the side of the van. You all sat in silence, anxiety making the air feel heavier. Slowly, Daishou brought his hand away from his face, "The old steel mill."

"You sure?" Matsukawa asked.

"Yeah, Kita and his boys got most of their drug shipments through that freight terminal. The steel mill was right there, it's abandoned so it was the perfect set-up," Daishou answered.

"I think I know the place you're talking about," Sugawara said from the driver's seat.

Hanamaki, Iwaizumi, and Matsukawa looked at you, eyes asking a silent question. You simply nodded at them in response.

"What do we do if they aren't there?" Bokuto asked.

"Then we split up and search the entire city if we have to," Kuroo answered shortly. "The mission is to retrieve Oikawa no matter the cost."

Your heart did a leap at how devoted everyone was, relieved you were surrounded by the people you trusted the most to go into a mission like this. "Suga, take us to the old steel mill," you instructed.

With that, Sugawara took off, driving in the direction of the freight terminal. As you traveled the streets of Tokyo with Daishou and the top agents of the organization, your team formulated a plan. Once you were near the freight terminal, you all parked the van a little further away so you could be as discreet as possible.

"We clear on the plan?" Iwaizumi queried as he strapped on his grappling gear.

"Yes, sir," Matsukawa replied. "Me, Makki, Sugawara, Bokuto, and Daishou scope the area and create an opening for you, Y/N, and Kuroo to sneak in through the roof."

You and Iwaizumi hopped off the van as the others were preparing inside. Iwaizumi did a quick nod at him and turned to you, "You think there's something wrong for even a second—"

"Get out of there," you finished. "Got it."

"Yeah, but I'll come and get you out," Iwaizumi said.

"Iwa, the plan is for you and Kuroo to search on your own. I'll be okay, don't worry about me," you turned your head down and peered up at him shrewdly.

"Yeah, but I don't feel comfortable knowing you're going to be in there alone," he quietly told you while the others were busy gearing up.

You smiled, "Iwa, I'll be okay, besides I have you—and Kuroo. If we're right about this, then we'll have Tooru, too."

He studied your face, pursing his lips before saying, "Okay, I know you'll do whatever's smart. Let's bring that dumbass home."

You grinned at him, then you turned to the others who were getting out of the van now. Silently, the eight of you shared a look, almost as if this was the last time you'd ever see each other. No matter how hard you tried to think of the right thing to say, nothing came to mind. Well, much did come to mind, but too much to say right now. So, you deemed it better to push away all the gloominess, it wasn't the time for that.

You all moved in. Matsukawa, Hanamaki, Daishou, Bokuto, and Sugawara heading over to the warehouses off to the side, scoping out the area for any hostiles. You, Iwaizumi, and Kuroo went in the opposite direction, towards the abandoned factory.

"It's a huge building, we'll easily be able to find an opening," Kuroo said as you three stood on the west side of the building.

You glared up the structure's side, aiming your grappling device towards the top as you grimly replied, "Yeah, and harder to find Tooru." The cable shot out the end of the gun and hooked itself to where you aimed.

You let it take you to the top while Kuroo and Iwaizumi followed suit, landing on one of the scaffolds on the top of the factory. You all looked around, eyes zeroing in on an opening to the air ducts.

"I looked at the blueprints earlier in the van," you said. "Right under us is a small storage room, too small to be of any use. I'll go through that room and start searching the east wing. Good luck." You stopped after you placed the vent cover down, looking at your comrades, "If I don't make it—"

"Nuh, uh," Kuroo snapped. "None of that."

"But—"

"Y/N, stop," Iwaizumi said stiffly. "Don't say stupid shit to piss me off."

You scowled, "Just listen—take care of Mika and my parents. And please . . . do all in your power to make sure Tooru makes it home safe."

You weren't crying like you expected yourself to, not even choking up on your words. The Nekoma captain and Seijoh vice-captain stared at you with wide eyes, clearing their throats in unison and nodding as if it were planned.

"See you soon," you smiled.

* * * * *

Oikawa smacked his lips together, "Hmm, you could've gone easy on the salt."

Osamu frowned, dropping the soup spoon back into the bowl, "It's soy sauce."

Oikawa looked at him disapprovingly, "I told Kita I wanted sushi."

"You do remember you're a prisoner, right?" the gray-haired twin tipped his head to the side.

"Well, when you kinky freaks have me tied down like this, how could I possibly forget?" Oikawa moped.

Rolling his eyes, Osamu stood up, "I know you're all lax and stuff because it's us, but Ushijima and the rest of Shiratorizawa are on the way. Maybe get a little scared or something, you probably won't see the light of day again."

"Don't make me laugh, Samu," he said the nickname his twin set for his with so much poision.

Osamu crossed his arms, eyes drooping in his routine deadpan expression, "Well Atsumu still has it out for you. He still wants your brain on a platter for your betrayal."

"He wanted my guts splattered on the walls like a coat of paint way before that," Oikawa mused. The door flung open, "Ahhh, speak of the devil."

Atsumu Miya, a promising individual. He was a hard worker, pushing himself to be better than everyone else, acting as flashy as he could along the way. There were times he could be ditsy, but he had a carefree, charming demeanor . . . towards everyone except Tooru Oikawa, the man he hated enough to label as the scum of the earth—also the man who taught him just about everything he knew, a criminal he used to look up to.

Something the prodigy would never admit to was how alike they were, in combat, in behavior, hell, even the fact they used their good looks to their benefit.

Atsumu scowled before drawing his hand back and flinging a dagger towards Oikawa's face. It made a thud sound when it stuck to the wall next to Oikawa's head, a smile on the captain's face even though there was a slit of seeping blood on his left cheekbone.

"Maybe brush your hair out of your eyes, might improve your aim," the handsome brunette called cheekily.

"Wasn't aiming to kill you, bitch," Atsumu spat.

"That's not very nice," Oikawa's eyes drooped, "This bitch deep conditioned his hair before he came to see you."

Atsumu grinned, "We'll see who's laughing later, alright?"

Oikawa shrugged, closing his eyes as he leaned back. He was scared, he was scared out of his mind. But letting these asshats get the best of him would be like letting them win.

The brunette's mind was racing a mile a minute, thinking about what you were doing. He didn't know how long he had been in that steel mill for, but he knew that you had definitely woken up with fear coursing through your veins. He knew you were strong, though, but it was only natural for someone to allow their mind to run amok when the person they loved was missing. Hell, he knew he'd go to the ends of the earth to keep you safe, he'd reach the damn moon if he had to.

The murky interior of the factory wasn't doing him any justice. The smelting chamber was cold since it was out of use. The tiny office in the corner he was in wasn't protecting him all that much, he supposed it could be worse. If the factory was up and running, he would probably be cooked like fried eggs.

And he just wanted to be home with you, you safely tucked away in his arms as the heat of your body provided a sense of security. It was a nice thought . . . while it lasted.

* * * * *

A rat pattered past you in the hall.

"Yuck."

You looked around the facility, wondering if Iwaizumi was having better luck in the west wing or if Kuroo hit a snag in the south. Coach and Takeda will be so pissed. You shook your head, ridding yourself of thoughts preventing you from fulfilling your mission at hand.

You had encountered a handful of men since you stepped out of that supply closet, and there were more when you reached the end of a large corridor. Swiftly, you crouched to do a corner cover, sneaking a peek around the edge of the hall. Two unarmed men, coming your way while they were chatting it up like they were high school jocks walking to their lockers.

Piece of cake.

Right when they were about to round the corner, you kicked the one closer to you in the stomach, making him groan and double over in pain. The other one yelped in confusion, and your fist had already blown into the side of his jaw, making him fall back and hit the wall, sliding down pathetically.

Facing back to the first man who was still hunched over, you took your elbow and jabbed it right at the apex of his spinal cord, the bottom of his neck. He was knocked out before he even hit the ground.

Good, the less casualties the better. You weren't planning on having your first kill anytime soon, not in this life.

You tapped your earpiece, "Kenma, Akaashi, I think I'm in the cooling tunnel. Which way to the freight elevator?"

Kenma's calm voice answered back, "Keep going straight, then take a right. At the end you should be met by a heavy industrial looking door, behind that should be the elevator."

"Got it, thanks," you replied quietly as to not attract any attention to yourself. You began following the analyst's coordinates. "How's everything looking with Iwa and Kuroo?"

"Iwaizumi is near the boiler room, and Kuroo is in waste exchange," Akaashi informed.

"But be careful, Y/N, they're in areas where they have high ground. They have the advantage to grapple to higher platforms to avoid enemy attack. You don't," Kenma's voice was a bit muffled through his mic.

"I'll be fine," you mumbled. "Where does the elevator lead to?"

"Smelting chamber," Akaashi answered. "If you go down then it's the loading bay."

"It's up to you which way you choose," Kenma said ominously.

"Got it."

"But, Y/N, please," Akaashi's voice was stern yet soft like always, "get out of there at the first sign of danger."

You opened the bulky door Kenma had told you of just a moment prior, quickly looking both ways to see the room was empty, "We went over this, I'm sticking to the plan. Don't try talking me out of it, you'd be wasting your own breath."

"What are you not understanding?" Akaashi said again. "Oikawa is important but keeping you safe is higher priority."

"No," you argued. "Higher priority on this mission is Tooru. I'm just high priority to the two of you."

Silence.

You groaned, "Listen, if the two of you are going to try getting in my way, just send me the schematics on my sequencer. I have to get my family back."

You disabled your comms a bit aggressively as you hit the off key. A sigh left your lips, pressing the up arrow to the smelting chamber.

When the doors to the industrial elevator opened, it wasn't empty, there was a man standing inside, facing you as the metal parted in between. He was tall with a strapping physique, he had an undercut with blonde hair, and bronze eyes. But the one thing that stood out to you most was that complacent expression, eyes half-lidded in a bored expression but the corner of his lip twitching up. It . . . terrified you.

"Going somewhere?" he tilted his head maniacally before lowering his eyes to peer up at you darkly, " . . .doll?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 7.3K 47
In which you are Tooru's little sister and therefore the baddest bitch of all times. { tooru.oikawa: two pretty bestfriends y/n.oikawa:...
461 22 13
๐˜Š๐˜ˆ๐˜™๐˜Œ๐˜๐˜œ๐˜“ ๐˜–๐˜™ ๐˜ ๐˜–๐˜œ๐˜“๐˜“ ๐˜“๐˜–๐˜š๐˜Œ ๐™„๐™. โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ‹†โ‹…โ™กโ‹…โ‹† โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ € โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ € tooru oikawa is a hard worker, he strives for his wins and w...
28.6K 1.2K 68
-Haikyuu! but I don't tell you the love interest. -After a power surge caused all electricity to go out, criminals from prisons all over the country...
10.2K 586 36
"๐˜‘๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต; ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ." You don't have to wat...