The New Girl

By onlyoneri

''maybe being the New Girl is not so bad after all..'' More

Day 1 . Bye Atlanta
Day 2. Hello California
Day 2. Hello California (continued)
Day 3. Welcome To Kayville
Day 4. New Faces
Day 5. I'll Be Indulgent
Day 6. Less Fun, More Work
Day 7. Fake Boyfriend Maybe?
Day 8. Rebels
Day 9. TGIF
Day 10. Lit
Day 11. Words Of Wisdom
Day 12. Sucks To Be You
Day 13. Poet
Day 14. Sweet Words
Day 16. New Image
Day 17. Fans
Day 18. News
Day 19. Date Night
Day 20. Texas
Day 21. This Family Of Mine
Day 22. The NEW New Girl
Day 23. Making A Statement
Day 23. You Again
Day 24. Choices
Day 25. Riot
Day 26. Love Bug
Day 27. Maybe
Day 28. Preparation
Day 29. Birthday Girl
Day 30. Drama
Day 31. Ugh
Day 32. It's Always You
Day 33. Family Ties
Day 34. Situationship
Day 35. Prom Night
The New Girl Extras.
Character Pictures: Camilla
Character Pictures: Jason
Character Pictures: Alexa
Character Pictures: Tori
Character Pictures: Yasmin
Character Pictures: Kyle
Character Pictures: Jeda
A Message For You All.
WATTYS 2017

Day 15. Good vs Bad

12.9K 416 102
By onlyoneri

Alexa slunk further and further down into her chair until only her head was poking out.

The majority of the class was in that same mood due to the fact that Miss Baust had assigned us a 2000 word essay and we weren't allowed to type it.

It was all to be done by hand ....the struggle is going to be real for us all.

''This sucks.'' I heard a kid from behind me say.

Low murmurs were heard from the rest of the class , agreeing with whoever it was that spoke.

Miss Baust ignored us all and began to shop online. I knew she was doing this as I saw once when I was speaking to her beside her desk. Jimmy Choo, Gucci and Bonmarche were just a few of the sites I saw her browsing on.

''Have you seen Tori?'' Jason asked, looking over at me.

''Nope.'' I replied , not once taking my eyes off of the notebook I was doodling on.

''You guys are best friends.. I'm pretty sure you've seen her.''

''If you're so sure , why ask?'' I sighed, my pen becoming a bit more rough against the paper.

For a few seconds he didn't say anything and leant back in his chair, but eventually started talking again.

''You're angry with me. Why?''

''I'm not angry with you.'' I muttered.

''Then why aren't you calling me J-Dawg? '' he asked.

''Because I don't need to .''

''Whatever.'' he rolled his eyes and put his head against the desk.

The whole lesson I was hoping the fire alarm would go off, so I had a reason to leave the classroom instead of making up a lame excuse.

Eventually when the lesson did end, everyone rushed out, heading to Gym. I swear I had this class, for what felt like, every day.

This time I promised myself I would try and make an effort by actually getting active and trying to join in with the rest of the enthusiastic girls.

Everyone was so intent on getting this 'summer body' except for me. My body was perfect the way it was, I was petite and small. The way I preferred it.

Like always, I was the last one out of the locker rooms. Mainly because the whole time whilst everyone else was getting changed, I was on my phone texting Alexa who was in Math.

I was standing in my bra and gym shorts, looking at my reflection in the mirror the school actually allowed us to have.

''Don't you have a lesson?'' a voice whispered behind me.

Jason stood directly behind me, once again with no shirt on and breathing heavily. This time Jesus didn't need to take the wheel. I was angry at him and until he could atleast apologize.. I wasn't interested.

''Yes, I'm going to be there if you can leave the room for me to get changed.'' I answered.

''No can do. I'm liking the view from where I am right now.'' he smirked, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

''Can you not?'' I brushed him off, annoyed and went looking for my gym shirt.

I picked it up and threw it on before he could admire anymore of me, it was making me uncomfortable.

''Aw, man. Now my great view has dissapeared.'' he chuckled, running his hands through his hair.

OK MAYBE JESUS CAN TAKE THE WHEEL NOW.

''Tori can always give you a great view, or maybe Jeda.'' I joked.

''I know, but they're just always available for that type of entertainment. You're not.'' he explained.

''Sure.''

'' We used to be so cool and be like good friends .'' he continued.

''I know. It's your fault why we're not anymore.'' I shrugged my shoulders and walked off to my lesson.

The sound of his footsteps were heard close behind me, forcing me to stop in my tracks. I turned around and leant against the wall, folding my arms.

We stood in the hallway, the sound of girls shouting and guys running were heard from down the hall.

''What do you want?'' I sighed, finally giving in.

''I don't know. It's just weird not speaking to you.''

''Well you have a whole school full of desperate girls that would love to chat to you, that's a suggestion.'' I mentioned.

''Yeah but they're not my friends.''

''Who said we were friends?'' I asked.

He didn't say anything and the same expression he had when Kyle sat in his seat, was the same expression he had at this moment. His temper rising up, the only thing I could do was remove myself from this situation.

I walked to my class and joined in with everyone else.

I then realised how rude I was.

Sometimes I should think before I speak.

- after school -

''How's your poetry going?'' I asked Kyle as he walked me home , once again.

''I got into an argument with Jason today so I got pretty pissed off and wrote a new one.'' he told me.

''You got into an argument with him? I kinda did too.'' I muttered.

''We're certainly not in his good books.'' Kyle joked.

I didn't feel like laughing, or smiling, or even showing a sign of happiness. Jason was actually a good person, all he did was ruin our assignment but there was no need for me to get all bitchy with him.

''What happened between you?'' Kyle pondered, looking over at me.

''He's just trying to sort things out between us and I can't be bothered. I've only been here for like .. 2 weeks.. and there's no need for me to be stressed out over a guy that kisses me , then dates my friend the next day. '' I babbled, the words coming out uncontrollably.

''Who's he dating?''

''Tori Sanchez, the one with the bright hair and septum piercing.'' I answered.

Kyle put an arm over my shoulder, '' Forget about it. He's dumb if he swapped you for her. ''

''She's my friend, so I can't really be angry at her.'' I explained.

''Are you serious Camilla? She's not a real friend if she dates a boy you've kissed..twice. ''

''Well.. I told her it was fine if they date and..''

''I'm not a professional at this stuff, but isn't it 'girl code' to not believe everything your friend says. If a girl says it's fine, don't believe her, it's totally not fine.'' Kyle interrupted.

''She doesn't know that I'm lying though, she thinks I don't care.'' I explained.

''Well then, Tori is not understanding the whole concept of girl code. Plus, is she even a girl? She looks like Kurt Cobain with blonde hair and septum piercing.'' Kyle laughed.

Even if I am Tori's friend , I couldn't help but burst out laughing at his joke.

''How do you know all this stuff anyway, you're a guy?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

''I have two older sisters, I've watched them go through all of this shit since I was 10 years old. Everytime I'm eavesdropping on their conversations, they're always talking with their friends about girl code and guys.Then I learnt it all.'' Kyle answered.

''I totally understand now.'' I smiled.

We kept on walking in silence, nearly at my house.

''So what exactly happened between you and Jason as to why you got into an argument?'' I asked him.

''Well I kinda lied, we didn't have an argument, we had a fight because I overheard him talking shit about you. Saying you're a drama queen and that you're a bitch..so we fought.''

Kyle fought for me?

''You didn't have to Kyle, it's tot-''

Before I could finish my sentence, Kyle covered my mouth with his hand, stopping my from saying anything else.

A few seconds later he released it , not once looking at me. The rest of the journey it was in complete and utter silence, the way we always walked. The way I liked it.

We stood outside my door , me wondering if I should invite him inside. But I knew that my mom would give me one of her glares , hoping he would leave so that she could lecture me.

''Wanna meet my family?'' I randomly asked him.

''Well, if this was parents evening I would've dressed a bit smarter.'' Kyle smirked.

I took that as a 'yes' and led him inside. Only God knows how my parents were going to react.

The sound of voices were heard in the kitchen, I peeked around the corner to see my mom , dad, Joana, Jason's father, Ivy ; Jason's sister and Jason all talking .

What on Earth is Jason and his family doing in my house?

Mom was talking to Joana, Jason's father was talking to dad, Ivy was busy reading a magazine at the table and Jason was standing up on his phone.

''Kyle, Jason is in my house. Don't start anything please.'' I pleaded, turning to face him.

''I won't.''

We walked into the kitchen, mom noticing us straight away. She was in such a good mood and I hoped I wouldn't be the one to ruin it.

She walked over, everyone else still deep in conversation.

''Hello Camilla. Who's this?'' she looked at Kyle with a tiny smile on her face.

''This is Kyle, my friend.'' I answered, putting emphasis on 'friend'.

''Hello.'' she shook Kyle's hand firmly.

''Nice to meet you Mrs Ryanair. You're home is beautiful , you are aswell. How old are you.. 25?''he joked.

''Aw, aren't you a lovely young man. '' Mom rubbed his shoulder, her smile growing wider.

''I must say you've raised a wonderful girl. She's so determined and strong, must've got it from her mother.'' he mentioned, the compliments were never ending.

''Kyle , you're such a wonderful boy. Are you taking Camilla out somewhere? Is she your study partner?'' Mom questioned, with a big smile, exposing her white teeth.

''I just came over to hang out, write poems. You know, usual teen stuff.'' he lied.

I was trying my best to not laugh at how much he was sucking up to my mom.

''Ah, well have fun.'' she hugged him and walked back over to Joana who was watching the whole conversation take place.

Did my mom really just grant permission for a boy to be in my room?

Kyle works wonders.

''You totally kissed her ass .'' I burst out laughing and Kyle joined in.

''It worked though.'' Kyle smirked.

Jason was watching us from the other side of the room, he was looking up from his phone , only now noticing that we had entered the kitchen. There was no expression on his face, he must've been confused, enraged and pessimistic all at once.

Who cares?

Not me.

''Come on.'' I led Kyle up to my room and turned on the light, since it was dim outside.

''Nice room. Very simple .'' Kyle spoke, sitting on the edge of my bed.

''Thanks. I like it that way.''

''So, what's on your mind?'' Kyle asked.

" Well, I wanna dye my hair light blonde just to see how it looks. I also thought about trying skateboarding. Ooh and Cliff- diving. It's all on my wish list.'' I responded, waiting for his reaction.

''Let's do that on Friday. If you're free.'' he offered.

Whenever I tell people that, I expect them to look at me like I'm crazy, but he didn't. He agreed to do it with me.

''Well except the hair part of course. I'm a natural blonde.''  he chuckled, running his hands through his wild mane.

I sat beside him and leant on his shoulder, staring at our reflection in the mirror infront of us.

''Every night she lies awake,

blaming insomnia.

But it's her troubled thoughts

that keep her restless ,

Wondering if she will ever find,

her peace of mind.'' I spoke.

''That's  sweet.'' Kyle says.

''It was one I came up with this morning.. you've inspired me.'' I laughed.

''You're welcome.'' he stood up and pulled me up beside him.

I led him downstairs and stopped in my tracks to see Jason in the hallway on his phone, speaking quietly. I continued walking and opened the front door, letting Kyle out.

''You would look so good with blonde hair. '' Kyle commented, walking off.

I snickered and closed the door. I turnt around to see Jason standing a few metres away from me , his phone now by his side.

''You two had fun up there?'' he winked.

''Nothing even happened.'' I spat, looking at him in disgust.

''Whatever you say.''

''Why don't you leave my house if you're going to be a dick?'' I suggested, pointing him towards the front door.

He walked up to me and lifted up my chin, examining my face. '' Kyle's right. Blonde hair would look good on you , it's just a shame you're wasting your appearance on him. ''

''You're such a barbaric human being. Kyle has more respect for me than you ever will. '' I pushed him away from me and walked upstairs.

The sound of him laughing rang loudly, I slammed my door shut and dropped onto my bed.

Maybe it was time for another poem..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 141 21
"πš’πš–πš–πšŠ πšπšŠπš—πšœπšπšŠ, πšπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ'𝚜 πš—πš˜πš πšŽπš—πš˜πšžπšπš‘ πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπš˜πš› πš–πšŽ." -king von. "i'll love you forever" said kaliyah j. ❀︎︎
70.9K 2.5K 77
AFTER Corbyn and Amelia's relationship has been tested by the secrets he knew from the beginning, they try to make a fresh start. Their love has beco...
4.8K 110 6
so basically it will be a OS or TS or 3S , it will be on the story line only , I will start writing soon as possible
30.5M 1.1M 64
|| Highest Rank - #3 in Teen Fiction || Amanda thought she had found the love of her life. She had everything perfectly planned out; the university...