Jerks Care?

By BravelyDreaming

Lucy's life is awful, she has two abusive parents, and can't find a way out. Until one day the abuse gets so... More

Jerks Care?
Building Trust
Airplane, car...Mansion?
Skate Park Here We Come!
Nice to meet you too.
Ouch! Talk about a head ache!
Public Embarrassment
Saved by the Nameless
Not so Nameless
I'm Sorry
Pool Party- Yay or Nay?
The Shocking Disappointment
True Friend?
Getting along with the Enemy
Day Dreaming
Game Night
A Genuine Person
Waking Up to Him
Interrupted by the Scraped Knee
Ice Cream in the Park
Standing Still
Two Can Play That Game
Mr. and Mrs. Gucci
But You Don't Have Allergies!
Chocolate Milk
Kissing Mr. Frog
Cheers?
Need Help?
Marshmallow
-And Stuff
Over Protective
Please.
I Am Not a Dog
Cold Water
Its Mean One
...
Blushing
Jerks Care Revamp

Mom

69.8K 2.2K 670
By BravelyDreaming

I dropped my bag at the front door, dragging myself through the hallway into the empty living room. 

"Lucy?" Mary walked into the living room with her hair in a a messy ponytail, while she wiped her face on a kitchen towel that was tucked into her apron. 

"Yes ma'am?" 

"The twins have and awful virus would you mind going up stairs and getting me a status report? My walkie-talkie just died about fifteen minutes ago and i haven't gotten a chance to tell them that our spy method of conversing has been vetoed." She smiled, and i noticed the circles under her eyes and the manner in which her eye brows furrowed signaled she was tired.

"Sure thing." I gave her a smile and walked upstairs to the hallway where the twins slept. Their rooms were across from each other, and i first turned into Johnathan's. "Hey bud are you okay?"

"Lucy." He groaned, "Lucy I don't feel good."

"Aw buddy." I said as I ran my hands through his hair, "I know you don't feel good.  Are you hungry?"

He didn't say anything but just shook his head.

"Okay bud, your moms walkie-talkie's battery died, so maybe I'll set up a Skype call later so you and Mel can talk to her from your bed?" I suggested, stroking his warm cheek.

He nodded.

"Okay, Jon, I'm gonna go check on Mel." I said, but he grabbed my hand, stopping me.

"I love you Lu." His facial expression was soft as his eyes fought to stay open,

"I love you too Jon, get some rest buddy."  I walked out of his room, crossing the hallway into Mel's room. "Hey sweetheart" 

""Lucy?" She said as she pulled herself up onto her elbows. 

"Yeah, how are you?" She made a face and I smiled. 

"Not to good."

"I know babe." I said sitting down beside her and rubbing her arm. 

"I don't think you do Lucy." 

She said looking at me seriously.

"You're right," I giggled at her seriousness,"I don't know what it feels like to be a princess like you." I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Because you're a queen." She said smiling at me.

I smiled at her widely. "You're too sweet, oh your moms walkie-talkie died, I walked to Jon about setting up a Skype call later so she could cook and talk to you both."

"Lu? could you pass me the garbage can?" she asked softly. 

"Sure" i grabbed it from the other side of her night stand and put it beside her bed. "You gonna throw up?" I asked getting ready to hold her hair back. 

"I don't think so, not right now at least, I'm just worried I will." 

"Okay princess," I ran my hands through her curly mop of hair I noticed her eyes closing, "get some rest."

"Sing to me Lu." I bit my lip thinking of something to sing. 

I thought about my mom singing to my sister from the other side of the room as she braided her long blonde hair, lulling her to sleep. 

"I love my baby, oh yes I do.

I love my baby, oh yes I do.

I love my baby, oh yes i do love you, my baby.

How i love you."

My eyes began to water at the thoughts, i blinked to make them wash back into my tear ducts,  however they just ran out onto my cheeks.

Mel had gone to sleep by the time I had finished singing the short song for the third time. As I was walking out into the hallway wiping my tears, I bumped into Ashton.

"Hey, hey, hey, are you okay?" He said pulling my hands away from my face.

"I'm fine, you just have a perfect family." I started to cry more at the statement.

"We are far from perfect." He said rolling his eyes, nonetheless pulling me into his chest.

"So you say, they all love you so much, Ashton, you're so lucky, you are so loved."

"They have other priorities." He murmured mindlessly rubbing my back.

"No they don't they may not all show it but they don't. Ashton they love you. They all adore you."

"Not always show it? How about they don't ever show it?" His voice had grown cold and his hand still. I pushed myself away from him, my eyes continued to leak.

"No Ashton. They do show it. You just don't ever open your eyes for it." I angrily wiped my face. "You don't know what you have until its gone Ashton, open your eyes, you are so lucky to be here." I pointed to the ground in between us. "To have a family, friends, a nice home, and love."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"And you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Obviously if you know that I'm wrong you have all the answers. So, let me hear them." I waved my arms around.

"Stop being ridiculous." He said pulling my arm down the hallway so i wouldn't disturb the twins.

"Am I? Because I miss my mom and my dad. I know it sounds ridiculous but sometimes i think, What if? You know, what if we hadn't of gotten in that wreck. What if Ally would have lived? You know would I still be with them? It wouldn't be so bad living just in the shadows, life wasn't bad being second best. At least i was with people that were my family. I know they turned out to be awful, but what if that makes me awful? They are my parents after all, and don't call me crazy for saying that because I'm literally made of them, Ashton. I'm terrified of being them, but i feel like they were contagious, you know? Its scary, Life is scary. Stop looking at me like I'm see through." 

"You aren't see through, you're just incredible. You came from the lowest point and you are like liquid gold. An you are perfect. Out of just the right circumstances you were molded into the best person around here, and even though your situation actually sucks. You are totally and completely perfect. You may be made of them, but you are also your own person. Its okay to miss them, Lu. But you know what else is okay to admit to yourself that you are worth more than living in your sisters shadow. What happened to Ally was terrible, but you, are better off than living in her wake. So don't tell me you would settle for a mediocre life because you are worth the universe and so much more. Do you understand?"

I sucked in air that didn't seem to be enough, because my lungs were squeezing every bit out that I sucked in. "Yeah, I understand." 

"You're pretty great, Lu. Now lets go down stairs, moms making some soup." 

"Sounds good."

-_-

"Lucy, can you pass the water pitcher to me?"  

"Sure." I said passing it to Steven. 

"So Ashton I was in your room earlier and-" Mary began.

"You were what?" He said dropping his fork and clanking into on his plate. 

"Okay okay, i know i promised i would stay out after last time, but Stevens assistant told me about the errand she ran for you and I was just curious."

"Mom." Ashton groaned. "Are you kidding me?"

"I'm sorry sweetie its just you haven't done any in so long I was just so excited." Mary explained

"You know you've been in a dry spell." Steven added in. 

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked looking up from my soup.

Sammy began to speak, "Ashton used to-" 

"If you continue i'll pour my soup on you." Ashton threatened pointing his spoon at her.

"Okay, nevermind." Sammy said holding her hands up in defense. 

"He's really so dramatic." Mary said looking at me and rolling her eyes. 

I laughed and took in a spoonful of soup. 

"You guys tell each other nothing." Sammy gestured between Ashton and I with her spoon lazily.

"What do you mean?" I looked up at her questioningly. 

"Like this, Ashton did you know that Lucy draws too?" 

"Mom."  I said, covering my eyes with my hands at the same time Ashton said-

"Mom."

Everyone looked at me with their mouths gaping, "I meant Mary. Sorry, I just don't know what came over me. It's just how you know sometimes you accidentally call your teacher your mom in like elementary. I don't know it just happened. I'm really sorry." I looked down at my soup. 

"It's fine Lucy." Mary said with a tinge of something I hadn't heard before in her voice.

"I really don't know what came over me, I am really sorry." I pushed myself away from the table, wiping my mouth with the napkin in my lap, before sitting it on the chair again. "Excuse me." 

A/N

DON DON DONNNNNNNNN 

Riviting chapter? Right? Rightttttttt? Okay never mind, I tried. 

Sorry for the wait friends, I'm a loser. 

But wait let me say three things your comments will say so i can beat you to it. Because i know both of those comments are very valid, and if you want to, for each comment you have agreeing to those to things you can reply directly to those to lines. Yeah! That'd be a cool thing! Lets get organized! 

It was really short :(

It took like two years for you to update...... (A/N you guys learned your time telling from spongebob i swear :DDDD)  

Updateeeeeeee <3

Problem solved? 

I'm starting a my favorite comment thing and I'll post my favorite comment from the previous chapter in the authors note..... is that lame? 

The first one it a comment chain:

"MY HEART" -cinco_de_cynthia

"MY STOMACH"-DylanTVD

"MY LUNGS"-http_itsme

"MY CHEST"-Dayx_xDreamer

(Think we all know that was when Ash called Lu beautiful)

"I ain't calling you are truther!" -Nerdy_Dancer0906

(That was when Lucy asked Ash if he was calling her a liar.) 

Btw you deserve an award for that Drake and Josh reference. 

And we all know they meant a when they said are 

MOVING ON 

Word count: 1720

I hope you deeply enjoyed

Vollent 

Vote, follow, comment.... if you didn't understand

Love you guys!!! -Laney

For the fun of tradition 

I am...

BravelyDreaming 

xoxo 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 8.6K 26
Brock Hammond comes from a very wealthy family in a long line of businessmen in advertising. He, however, has never had the interest to become CEO of...
1.8M 80.1K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
225 27 14
*I'm using real people in the story. except for the antagonist. I don't want to hurt feelings. (and maybe my mom's name will be changed cause its kin...
396 68 16
Jess has had a hard life. Her dad died at a young age and her mom blamed her for his death. Her mom remarried a creep who abuses her. Her step dad g...