๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž...

By Ifebodee__

"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
Characters and Aesthetics ๐Ÿ’–โฃ๏ธ
Prolouge
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY-ONE~
~TWENTY-TWO~
~TWENTY-THREE~
~TWENTY-FOUR~
~TWENTY-FIVE~
~TWENTY-SIX~
~TWENTY- SEVEN~
~TWENTY-EIGHT~
~TWENTY-NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY-ONE~
~THIRTY-TWO~
~THIRTY-THREE~
~THIRTY-FIVE~
~THIRTY-SIX~
~THIRTY-SEVEN~
~THIRTY-EIGHT~
~THIRTY - NINE~
~FORTY~
~FORTY-ONE~
~FORTY-TWO~
Update!-Not really, hehe.
~FORTY-THREE~
~FORTY-FOUR~
Pretty Important, please read.
~FORTY-FIVE~
~FORTY-SIX~
~FORTY-SEVEN~
~FORTY-EIGHT~
~FORTY-NINE~
~FIFTY~
~ FIFTY-ONE~
Listen up, guys.

~THIRTY-FOUR~

292 137 39
By Ifebodee__

"Who cares about the clouds when we're together? Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather." - Dale Evans.

A friend of mine made the cover above 😊😊 More than one though. I'll post the rest in the next chapters.

This chapter is dedicated to ABIDOYEJOSEPH

Thanks for all your support boss!

                                   •BOLU•

After church on Sunday, I tried to keep my excitement et nervousness at bay. It wasn't easy. I kept humming a particular song as I dressed up. Luckily, mom and dad weren't around this evening. They had left Ibadan to see some of our relatives immediately we got back home so I didn't bother myself with having to cook up a story about where I was going and whom I was going to see.

On the other hand, Joba and Kanyin were skeptical about me going out on a Sunday evening. Apart from the fact that they were shocked, they - specifically Joba - also didn't want me to leave the three boys at home alone as Kanyin was going back to school today.

I was honest with them about where I was going (Ore texted me the address since I'd told him not to pick me up at my place) but I didn't exactly say who I was going to meet. I just told them some lame story about my classmates hanging out at that place and they believed it - I think?

I did feel guilty about lying though, I hated it but I just had to. But I'll tell you this guys, especially kids: lying is bad and evil. Don't do it. Case closed.

After I was done with dressing up, I exhaled and walked to the mirror with my eyes squeezed shut. I exhaled again.

"Bolu calm down, it's just the mirror and not Ore. Relax. . ." I told myself.

Relax

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my whole look.

I looked. . .just like me, I guess? Because meeting with Ore was something I didn't want anyone to know, I had to dress myself up. Although, if I'd told Kanyin, she'd have been more than excited to help and she'd go all out with it and I wasn't an 'all-out' person.

I was dressed really simple and hopefully not under-dressed. I was wearing a sleeveless v-neck denim dress and nike Jordans - black and white. I let down my long braids as usual, touching my butt. Short silver earrings in my ears and a white watch on my wrist. To make me look really casual and avoid stares (I think?) I decided to wear the Lindale hooded jacket that Ore had gifted me last year, supposedly for Christmas. I figured it'd be nice to wear it today. I'd just have to endure the heat, in case it ever came.

For my make up, I only used clear gloss on my lips and my signature mascara - I almost failed at using it, again. Yes, almost. Anyway, as I stared at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but smile. I mean, I just had to smile. I was seriously pleased with myself. Pleased that I'd actually pulled this off - dressing up, I mean.

I picked my phone and purse, then put it in a small white backpack Kanyin had given me a long time ago. She'd actually gotten me a handbag but since I wasn't a handbag person, she gave me this instead.

I locked my room quietly and tiptoed across the hall and down the stairs because I didn't want Joba to come out his room and bombard me with more questions. I honestly was not ready to lie again.

I got downstairs and it turned out Joba wasn't in his room. All my tiptoe-ing went for nothing. My shoulders dropped and I rolled my eyes as I walked into the sitting room where my three brothers were relaxed on the couch, watching TV.

They didn't seem to notice my presence as they were engrossed in whatever it was they were watching. I went behind them and saw it was WWE, a repeat of Monday Night Raw that was on and I figured that was the reason they weren't arguing or fighting for the remote.

I tapped Joba and he turned to look at me. His facial expression went from don't-disturb-me to surprised to stupefied and finally to suspicious. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Hmmmm," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Where's Kanyin?"

"Hmmmm," he said again, caressing his chin.

"Answer now," I said, slightly annoyed.

"Babe, are you sure you didn't say yes to Alex?" He asked, still caressing his chin.

"Um. . . who's Alex?" I asked, honestly trying to remember. And I did. "Oh, that guy?"

I'd actually almost forgotten about Ashley's cousin. I think I blocked him or something? Bleh, can't even remember.

"Oh, that guy?" Joba mocked and rolled his eyes.

"SHHHH!" Tomide and Fayo said at the same time.

"You guys are making a noise," Fayo said.

"Yes...keep quiet," Tomide added and they both returned their attention to the TV.

I could only stare at them and wonder why they said everything almost in sync when they were not even twins.

"Your brothers have grown balls oh," Joba said as he stood up.

"As if they aren't also your brothers," I said and eyed him. "Where's Kanyin abeg?"

He made a face at me before saying, "she's outside, already packed for school. It's a shock she hasn't even left you yet."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."  I turned to go but he held my arm.

"Whoever the person you're gonna meet is, let him know that if he tries to mess with my sister, he's gonna get it from me," Joba said confidently, "for real."

I wanted to laugh because I imagined him trying to beat Ore up and it seemed impossible in my head but there was no telling what could happen so I hyped him instead. "Osheyyy. Give them. . .Roman Reigns!"

"SHHHHHHHHHH!" Tomide and Fayo said at the same time.

"Star Bolu, be going jhor, ah," Tomide said sternly as he looked at me. I gave him a look and he smiled. "Please you can excuse now for your noise is making us not to enjoy the show."

"Yes please," Fayo said puppy-eyed.

I had to admit, they were cute so I laughed. "Fine."

I had weird and funny brothers.

"Seriously guy," Joba said, still holding on to me, "I fit beat person pikin oh."

"I hear you," I said smiling. "I already told you it's my classmates hanging out, dude."

"I sha don talk my own," he said, raising his hands to his sides for emphasis.

"Whatever." I shook my head, still smiling as I walked out the door. On getting outside, Kanyin slammed the bonnet of the car hard, making me jump and shriek.

"Geez. . .that was loud," I commented.

That caught her attention and she looked at me. Raised a brow, smirked and crossed her arms. "Are you sure you're hanging out with only your classmates?"

"Yes, duh!" I answered, clearly tired of the questions.

"Hmmmm. Well, I'll pretend like I believe you because I don't have the time to question you today. Get in the car."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes ma'am."

She just smirked - it was creepy - as I hopped in the passenger seat.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the place. I got down from the car and waved Kanyin goodbye after she told me to have fun.

I exhaled and stood few feet away from the building and I stared at the enormous sign on its top front that read:

                       WONKER'S

I'd seen and passed this place multiple times but had never entered it. It made me wonder what was in it. I was as  curious as I was nervous.

I tucked my hands into the pockets of the hoodie and looked around for any sign of Ore.

You could just walk in and you'd find out, you know?

I decided to wait a few more seconds. After I was tired of waiting 'a few more seconds', I texted him, asking him where he was.

It didn't take up to five minutes when I looked up and saw him walking towards me in his usual casual way. Sauntering like he owned the place; getting stares as he did and acted like he didn't know he had people staring at him; and looking so good he had my legs going wobbly and again, he didn't even know!

Omo, the effect this boy had on me ehn. . .was something else.

He finally got to me and grinned. I blushed.

I was a big mess.

"Hey, mama," he said.

"Thought you'd stop calling me that already," I said and rolled my eyes, forgetting that I was meant to be blushing.

"You really want me to stop calling you that, huh?" He said as he stepped closer to me and  smirked.

"I guess. . .uh. . .I think so?" I wasn't even sure I wanted him to stop calling me that. I liked the name and then I didn't like it because it made feel like I was a hundred and seventy years old.

He chuckled. "You don't even know."

I pouted. "Yes I do."

"Nah. . .you actually like the name." He smirked again. "But if you insist that I change the name," he stepped closer. I blushed, "then I'll call you Juno, you like that?"

I just blushed and looked down. I loved that name.

"Guess I got my answer?"

I rolled my eyes. "Be a gentleman and take me in for our date, will you?"

"Okay ma'am." He laughed and I giggled. He then stood back and made it obvious that he was checking me out. I blushed harder and wondered if my face could get any hotter.

"You look hot!" He said, his eyes dancing in excitement.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"But. . .I think I'm hotter." He wiggled his brows.

He wasn't lying. He did look extremely hot, dressed in a white t-shirt worn in a cool, blue, leather jacket and grey trousers. On his feet, he wore black and white boots.

His dark silky hair was fuller. His pink lips were still very obvious and I wondered if they'd touch mine again tonight -you know, just saying.

He honestly looked breathtaking but I wasn't gonna feed his ego and tell him that.

"Cocky much?"

"Only for you, Juno." He winked at me.

I bit my lips, hiding my smile. "Whatever."

He put his hand out. "Let's go."

I smiled and shyly took it and then we both walked into WONKER'S

                    .    (。♡‿♡。)(。♡‿♡。)

"Tell me one thing I don't know about you," Ore said looking at me, not breaking eye contact as he took a sip from his drink.

We sat opposite each other in the WONKER'S diner.

Yeah, WONKER'S wasn't just some restaurant, it had a diner, a bowling alley, an arcade and a karaoke club. The decor of the diner was amazing - ankara prints and animal skin placed on the walls, chairs and tables; gave off this African vibe and at the same time was inviting to westerns because of the way the chairs and tables were set.

It was beautiful.

Slow and soft music - I couldn't recognize the singer - played from the speakers filling the atmosphere with calm and ease and warmth.

The night was going really well. Even better than I'd imagined.

We'd ordered food and were done eating - I finished mine first. We had cat fish pepper soup for appetizer; Rice and beef casserole for entree and chocolate cake for dessert. And now, we were just sipping our chapman drinks.

"Well. . ." I said shyly and tucked a stray weave of my braids behind my ear. "I kinda like to play the talking drum, not that I'm that good at it though."

"Wow, really?" He said, eyes going wide in surprise.

I nodded. "Yeah. Why are you surprised?"

"You just never struck me as a person that would love the talking drum 's all. I mean, you're a girl," he stated, nodded his head once at me. An amused smirk graced his lips.

I glowered playfully. "Hey! Girls play talking drums too! And they're even better than most guys who do!"

"Well, they just mostly stand out because they're female." He shrugged. "There're a lot of guys out there who might be madder but they don't get noticed or seen because they're guys. Everyone's used to guys playing the Talking Drum."

"Exactly the point!" I exclaimed.

He smirked, revealing a dimple on his left cheek I'd never seen until this night. It made him look cuter.

"But you'll play for me sometime, huh?"

"I don't know. . ." I looked down and played with my fingers. "Like I said, I'm not that good."

He reached out and touched my fingers, squeezing them for a few seconds. "C'mon. I know you're good. I thought you already learned not to say that, Waji."

He smiled at me and I blushed.

I've turned into a blushing fool.

For a moment, his eyes travelled down to my lips and I found myself getting nervous. He was gonna kiss me again.

"Okay. Maybe I'll get to play for you, sometime."

"Of course." He scoffed. "It's not like you had a choice. You can't say no to me. I'm irresistible."

I rolled my eyes. "You're a goat."

"I'm your goat." He wiggled his brows.

I laughed. He winked at me and took another sip from his drink.

"Let me ask you this question. If you could change one thing about the world right now, what would it be?"

He looked at me and for a moment, something flashed through his eyes - anger? Sadness? I could not decipher it. But it was gone in an instant, as if it never occurred in the first place that I had to ask myself if I really saw what I saw.

"I'd rid the world of evil parents," he finally answered and took a sip from his drink. His voice had no emotions. It was just dry.

"Evil parents?" I asked incredulously. "Why though?"

He shrugged. "Because they exist."

"How would you know? I mean, it's not like every parent is perfect but yours? They're deffs awesome."

He chuckled dryly, that same thing from before  flashing through his eyes. "They exist. Believe me."

I furrowed my brows, trying to imagine Ore without a perfect family or perfect parents. I couldn't picture it. Couldn't imagine him being in a terrible family or having family issues. I just couldn't.

"Well, if you say so," I replied and shrugged it off. "It could never be you, anyway."

If only she knew...

Hey guys!

How are you?

I'm super sorry for the long wait. This chapter was really hard to write but well, we thank God.

If you're reading and following my interview book, thank you so much. God bless you and if you aren't, no probs. God bless you too!

This chapter is not complete. . . obviously 🌚

It's meant to be longer than this but I just had to cut it short. Hopefully, I'll finish the next chapter tonight and post it today or tomorrow... hopefully. God help me🙂😩

Let me know what y'all think about this chapter in the comments.

I might actually edit this chapter too🌚

With that being said, I'd like to, once again, thank y'all for the mad support you're showing me. Like, this book has almost 3k reads!!! It's all 'cause of youu!

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

I love y'all so freaking much!!😩😩❤️❤️❤️❤️

God bless you!

~Ife.🌚❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 55K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...
6.3K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
77.6K 23.2K 70
(BOOK THREE) Then the saga continues. Known to be the best elite school in Nigeria. To others, it's heaven prepared and made for students. A spoken...
11.4K 2.2K 53
ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด‡ แด›สœส€แดแดœษขสœ sแด‡ส€ษชแด‡s(sแด›s) "๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’, ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก, ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’...