Book 1: The Horse Whisperer (...

By Silver-Tigress

Fifteen year old Emma Morgan and her her family moved to the little island off the coast of England when she... More

Cast
Horses
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Sequel!!
New Book Out!!

Chapter 4

1.6K 32 6
By Silver-Tigress

Emma's P. O. V:

The next morning, I enter the stables while wearing a short sleeved blue shirt and matching jumper and jodhpurs, and a set of blue jewellery, apple lip gloss on my lips.

I heard Jade and Becky saying something about going to the pier to get money for Pony Camp tickets while I go to Ariel's stall, next to Bob's, and Caspian's next to hers.

I smile at the palomino mare as I enter and check on her. She still seems alright.

"How is she settling in?" I look to use Pin at the door.

"Great. Ariel is in pretty good condition. The foal will be alright."

"That's good," Says Pin before he pats Caspian. Near Monty's stall is Spirit. His ears would lie back and he'd try to bite anyone who passes him.

"Sam's asked me to check how the new arrivals are with riding," I tell Pin, patting the mare's neck as I turn to the door.

"Good luck. I've got to go paint some jumps in the arena and tell Zoe Sam wants to give her a lesson on Major," Pin replies. Once I'd locked the door behind me, I kiss Pin's cheek and he goes to get the equipment while I head to the tack room for my tack.

I started with Coconut. He's quite energetic but he's still great to ride. Garnet is a fantastic listener and a great jumper. I tried riding Knight as well, and that horse is like a dream to ride. Literally.

I couldn't ride Ariel for obvious reasons, so I went to tack up Spirit. He's come close to biting me twice. I wonder what's up with him?

I take Spirit around the arena. He wants to take off but I keep a short rein to make Spirit listen to me. After half an hour, he starts to flick his ears back and forth. After warming him up, I take Spirit over some low and high verticals and cross poles. We knock a couple but he's also a great jumper.

I take the buckskin around a few more times just to help burn off some of that energy, before I dismount and take him to get rubbed down in his stall. All the horses had gotten washed before being let in the paddock.

Whenever I'd go to brush near Spirit's head, he'd try to bite me again. He's a good horse to ride but he's got quite the temper.

Once I'd brushed Spirit down and made sure he had hay and fresh water, I go do some chores around the yard. I empty, clean and refill water buckets as well as refill hay nets. I sweep the isles and muck out some of the stalls.

Awhile later, as I was with Soverign, in his stall, murmuring sweet things in his ear, and feeding him bits of bread, I hear Zoe shout, "He's in here! I caught him!"

I turn and rush out, locking the door behind me, to see what the commotion is about. Amber meets me on the way out.

"What? Are you okay?" Sam asks as she and Marcus come running out of the office.

"No! I caught Pin breaking into the medical cabinet," Zoe says, and Amber and I exchange shocked glances. We follow Sam after Zoe into the tack room. "He's the one who's been stealing the sedatives!"

We gather around Pin when he steps out of the tack room, the medical cabinet wide open and the lock broken. Marcus also has joined us.

Sam says to Pin in disappointment, "I gave you a chance, and this is how you repay me? Get Ted." This was directed at Marcus.

"He might be involved," Marcus says.

"Pin, I'm sorry, but I think I'd better call the police," Sam says apologetically.

Pin meets my gaze and I go to protest, but he gives me a look that tells me not to. Sadness and anger at Zoe wells up in my chest as Pin says, "Do it."

Marcus goes to grab Pin's arm to lead him to the stairs nearby, but Pin jerks away and I put my hand around my sister's shoulders and pull her away as Pin stalks past, Marcus following. Amber and I gaze after my boyfriend sadly, unable to believe what is happening.

As I leave, I look when Raven whinnies and kicks at his door, as though he were protesting himself.

It wasn't long before Derek shows up and gets out of the car. Mia says with a jerk of her head, "He's over there."

Derek goes over to where Pin is waiting and says, "Alright, Pin. You ready to go?"

Pin just nods his head silently.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Sam asks.

"Sam, that would be great," Agrees Derek.

Sam says, "I just figured he should have an adult with him."

"Exactly. Right, let's go." Pin gets up and Derek leads him to his car.

I wanted to go up to my friend, but I force myself to remain here."

Pin gets in the car and Raven acts up again. Derek opens the passenger door for Sam as Ben, Becky's younger brother, Becky, Rosie and Jade return with Bob from the pier.

Zoe's sister goes up to our shoulders and has long straight dark hair and dark skin, like Zoe.

Amber and I go up to them as Becky asks, "Wait—why are the police here?"

"What happened?" Jade asks. "Are you okay?"

Zoe nods her head as Derek drives off. "I caught Pin stealing from the medicine cabinet."

"I can't believe it! A real live horse thief, here in our yard," Becky says sadly.

"Pin is not a horse thief," I snap, glaring at them.

"You saw the evidence!" Zoe reminds me.

"You don't know Pin like I do! You don't have the right to judge him like that," I say harshly, giving her a glare that makes everyone flinch.

Amber says, "She's right! Pin is the coolest guy I know. No offence, Marcus."

"None taken," Says Marcus sheepishly.

Ben says, "I'd better get Bob to the field before the drama gets to his head."

Zoe asks her sister, "Rosie, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, nothing!" She says innocently. "What are you doing here? Where's mum?"

"Mum? Why would mum be here?" Zoe asks in confusion.

Rosie asks, "Where's Elliott?"

Mia answers, "He's meeting someone in town. Why?"

"... Nothing!" Rosie says.

Just then, Raven whinnies and kicks at his stall door.

"Raven!" Zoe and I exclaim in unison. All of us turn and race for the horse's stall, even Marcus. We get to the tie up rail just as Raven bursts out of his stall, having kicked down his door, right off its hinges. I hold Amber back as Zoe and Marcus try to calm him down.

"Whoa, whoa whoa!" Marcus says, but Raven rears up, whinnying.

"Raven!" Zoe exclaims. "Okay, okay."

"Okay, Zoe. Do your thing," Marcus says as Rosie and Ben join us.

"Hey, hey! Raven!" Zoey gasps as he rears up again. "Calm down, calm down!"

Marcus pulls her back as Mia shouts, "Zoe! Do you mind?! You're upsetting my horse! Emma! Why can't you go help?"

"Raven!" Zoe tries again but the horse keeps rearing.

Susie says, smirking, "It looks like someone's lost their gift."

I rush out as I say, "Get back, Zoe. Easy, boy, easy. It's okay. Everything's going to be okay, I promise. Just... ssshhh, calm down, boy." I keep murmuring softly as Raven finally calms down, nickering uneasily. I slowly approach the black gelding, and grip his black halter, stroking his muzzle. "It's okay. Everything's going to be okay. Easy. I'm here." I grip Raven's halter and do a little T Touch on his forehead to calm him down a bit before I lead him around to Firefly's stall. "I'm going to put him in Firefly's stable." Raven flinches, his hooves jumping off the ground a couple of inches.

"Good idea, Em," Marcus says as Becky holds the door open for me. She closes it behind as I lead the startled horse in.

I turn him around slowly and stroke his forelock. "It's going to be okay, boy. I'm sure Pin will be back before you know it."

I kiss Raven's nose before I exit the stall, locking it behind me.

I go and sit on the bench between Jade and Becky, Ben perched on the arm rest while Zoe and her sister sit on the concrete mounting block, as we watch Marcus move Raven's stall door.

Becky murmurs, "I said it was Pin all along."

I remind the blonde, "You said it was the Ghost Pony yesterday." It's apparently a legend that she'd made up, according to Jade.

"Eeehhh, details," Becky mutters.

I add, "Oh, and by the way, Pin isn't the horse thief."

Marcus offers, "I'll move Raven for you."

"No, leave him there. Firefly will be fine in the broken one. Raven's far too sensitive to spend the night in a shoddy stable. And, besides, Firefly's less of a flight risk."

"Okay," Marcus says. "As long as Firefly's going to be okay."

Mia says upon seeing Zoe, arms crossed, "Oh, gosh, Zoe! All your dreams are coming true!"

"Excuse me?" Zoe wants to know as Susie puts up the lead rope in the door and Mia goes up to Marcus.

"You won't even need those videos of Marcus anymore. You got the real thing."

"What do you mean?" Marcus asks in confusion.

"Oh, they've been spying on you. They've even set up cameras and everything," Mia says, bringing something up on her phone.

There's a beep, followed by Zoe's voice, "We're following Marcus. Yeah! Becky and Jade already record his every move, so I thought we could track him even better on camera."

Marcus meets Zoe's gaze and she says, "We were tracking Pin."

"I don't believe this," Says Marcus.

"Okay," She scoffs, turning to leave and holding out a hand for her sister. "Rosie."

We all follow her as Mia says, "They're just kids, Marcus. Except for Emma. They can't help themselves."

🐴🐴🐴

I sit against my pillows while rereading The first Saddle Club book, Ruby curled up on my left, until there's a knock on my bedroom door. It was late at night, nearly midnight.

"Come in," I call. The door opens and mum enters.

I sit up as she comes over and says, "Hey. How are you doing after what happened with Pin? I know how much you two love each other, so I wanted to come check on you."

"I'm fine, Mum. It's just... everyone thinks Pin is the horse thief, but I know he isn't. You know it, too, right?" I say.

"Of course. I know Pin as you do. He's a nice boy. And Amber and I like him. But things like this happen, sweetheart, and I'm afraid there's not much we can do about it," Mum says, before sliding in beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders, hugging me. "I'm also proud of you for saving those horses yesterday and working with them. You truly are a wonder."

"Me, too, and thanks," I say, smiling.

We fall into comfortable silence. Suddenly, we hear sirens coming from Bright Fields, causing us to sit up.

"What's that?" Mum asks. We head to my window to see the police at Bright Fields.

"The stables," I murmur.

"Let's go," Mum says. I nod and grab my jumper and boots before we rush downstairs, meeting Amber on the way out.

We race to the stables, and when we get there, I immediately spot Zoe running up to Raven. I follow her and stroke his muzzle.

I was so relieved to see Raven is alright!

"They came in through the back field." We turn to see Mia in the doorway of Raven's stall.

"Who did?" I ask as we meet her halfway, along with Amber.

"The thieves," Mia sobs. "He's gone. Firefly's gone. They took him."

Zoe and I could just stare at the brown haired girl in stunned silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 208 10
Zoe Phillips left her life at bright field stables behind after getting an offer from the American riding team. That includes her friends, her boyfri...
222 7 7
Sixteen year old Stephanie Fields is aiming to be a dressage Olympian along with her horse, Dream. They move to Bright Fields on the little island of...
31.5K 661 32
A FREE REIN BOOK pin hawthorne x iris phillips "i just want you to know who i am " (FR SEASON 1- 3) I DO NOT OWN OR CLAIM ANY CHARACTERS OR ST...
157K 4.3K 19
Book One Of The Divine Series- Harper finds her life turned upside down, she finds stability in Pin. They fall faster than they can fly. ethereal; (...