You are the one

By S_C6BTS

"I have loved you since forever" First loves and first crushes are all memorable for us right? That one look... More

Author's Note:
I have loved you since forever...
Beginning of something new
Destiny was playing a game afterall
Old feelings and a strange announcement
Moving in with you
Excellent cook and an accidental incident
A Late night Karaoke
Delicious Disaster
Flour fight and a misunderstood marriage
I am not jealous (Yes I am...)
I hope you can catch me when I fall...
Jealousy...Jealousy?
"A really small world..."
An Impromptu Date
Its you...It has always been you...
You...You are my universe
I saw a future...it was with you
I would always root for you...
When life gives you a Dilemma...
A cruel thing called 'LIFE'
Saying goodbyes are the hardest...
Long distances are hard...but we will make it through
Let's build the future that we dreamt about
The most beautiful moment in life
Epilogue (You are the one for me...)

Two five year olds in love...

316 22 3
By S_C6BTS

Veer had just reached the NIFT gate. Today it was a bit more crowded than the rest of the days. Still he managed to find the spot, which was his usual spot, luckily empty. It was a perfect place to park. The car would be easily visible to Palak, as soon as she reached the gates. 

Today, in the morning Veer had decided he would both drop and pick her up from college. As he was selected for the presentation, The only work he did in college was regarding it. The selected students had been given special privileges that allowed them to spend their entire time in the labs, skipping the normal lectures. The lecture notes were provided to them by the teachers themselves. Even though Veer hadn't liked this at first, because he would have preferred a lot more to be physically present in lectures than to only get the notes of it...but, they still had a lot of work left regarding the presentation and this also was proving helpful as he could pickup and drop Palak both. So...right now he didn't mind it.

Palak didn't know he was coming to pick her up. He chuckled lightly, imagining her surprised Pikachu face. 

His face wore a wide smile when he saw Palak walking towards the gate. But, his smile changed into a deep frown when he saw who was coming along with her, talking to her regarding something.

Dhruv...not that guy again!

Veer let out an exasperated sigh. All he wanted was not to see him sticking to Palak like that... But Veer controlled himself. He was her friend, and he didn't have the right to do anything to him if he was not bothering Palak in any way. So he waited....waited for Palak to notice the car and him standing...waiting for her in front of it.

It had been almost ten minutes he had been waiting, when Palak finally  noticed him. Veer was angry- no annoyed- but seeing her smile... the biggest, prettiest smile he had ever seen, as soon as she noticed him, it melted him. 

Shit...he couldn't even be angry at her for a long time!

Perhaps...noticing that Palak's gaze and attention had shifted to somewhere else, Dhruv also followed her line of gaze and noticed Veer. Veer could have swore that he saw his smile turn into a frown and his eyes narrowed at him. Immediately, as Veer could decipher, Palak started bidding him goodbye. But, before she could turn around and leave...Dhruv enveloped her into a small hug. 

It took Veer enormous...enormous amount of self control, to not destroy anything and everything in his sight and march up to them. Judging from her expression, even Palak seemed a bit surprised  and a bit uncomfortable  by the sudden hug. 

But Veer couldn't control himself for long. He quickly marched up to where they were standing. He had waited all this while because he was Palak's friend, but after he made Palak uncomfortable...Veer couldn't just stand there and watch.

"Come on Palak, let's go" He said to Palak, but directed his entire attention at Dhruv. He wished his eyes threw out daggers, so that one could- no he was not going to have murdering thoughts. Dhruv gave out a forced smile and said, "Nice to see you again Veer- I suppose..."

"Yes...you too and sorry actually I forgot your name...I usually tend to forget the unimportant things..." He said smirking a bit and then held Palak by her waist, pulling her closer to him. He hoped that was enough for him to back off. Dhruv's eyes landed on where he was holding her by her waist. He seemed to get the hint because he said, "No problem...I usually forget them too, I remembered cause Palak mentioned it just now. Very well then...Palak let's meet later" he said, nodding at Palak and giving his best smile. Veer tried so hard to not roll his eyes. 

"Ahh yes Dhruv, okay meet you later.." Palak said and Dhruv walked away, but not before glaring at Veer as he left. Veer thought that Palak hadn't noticed the silent fight that was going on within both of them.

As soon as Dhruv left, Palak laughed out loud. Veer was surprised...What did she find so funny?

"What- what was that? You should have seen your face! Oh my god!" Palak said between her laughs. 

"What was what?" Veer asked raising his eyebrows at her.

"You and Dhruv were almost going to kill each other! And what was that 'I tend to forget unimportant things'? Oh god- " Palak said laughing again. 

Oh...so she had noticed.

"I don't like that guy...always making love eyes at you" Veer said, almost pouting.

Palak took in his expression. He looked like a lost puppy. She cupped his face with both of her hands and said, "Aww! look at you getting all jealous! You look like a lost puppy right now! Why are you so cute?! But seriously, I loved that sassy protective side of yours"

Veer still pouted and said, "I know he is your friend...and its wrong for me to get jealous- so, I tried to control myself...explaining myself that I had no right to hate him...if he was not bothering you in any way...but then I saw him hugging you all of a sudden and I saw you getting a bit uncomfortable...I- I had to step in"

Veer was right...that sudden hug had left Palak surprised and also a bit uncomfortable, because...Dhruv had never behaved like that before.

"Its okay! I admit that I was a bit taken aback by it...because he has never done that before...But, still the funniest thing was your face!" she said, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

Veer took on a bored expression as Palak continued teasing him about his 'jealous episode' all the way  to where the car was parked. But, Veer decided that now it was his turn to spice up things a bit.

"Still- I can't believe you got jealous...That shy boy I knew, got jealous over me-" Palak said and laughed again hysterically. 

"Palak- actually I needed to tell you something" Veer said all of a sudden earning a curious expression from Palak.

"What?" she asked, seeming confused.

"Actually...we still have a lot of work left to complete the presentation...so I invited Riya to our house from tomorrow, to work with me- like every evening till the due date...I hope its not a problem" 

Palak thought she didn't hear that right. Riya- every evening? always sticking  to Veer- A BIG NO!

Veer tried so hard not to laugh at her sudden change of expression. He knew what was needed to rile up Palak.  

Palak scowled to Veer's delight and said, "Of course...Why would I have any problem with that!? Riya can lean on you while working...I won't have a problem with that...Riya can make lovey dovey eyes at you while working...I won't have a problem with that...I wont have any problem with her.. You can ENJOY your time with her as much as you like!" she said it all in a go and furiously stepped inside the car.

Veer quietly got up in the driver's seat. He glanced towards Palak and saw her frowning. He couldn't control anymore. It was his turn to laugh out loud now. Palak looked at Veer, surprised by his actions. Why was he laughing? 

"Miss Basu...look at you being all jelly now! You should see your face now!  I had a hunch that if I just even mention Riya's name...you would be planning her funeral. I just confirmed it right now"

"What? what do you mean? wait- you said that to rile me up?" Palak said, annoyed all of a sudden. Veer didn't say anything...but his innocent smile directed towards her said enough. She shook her head in disbelief, how easily she had been fooled by him!

"You- don't talk to me!" Palak said and Veer giggled. Palak needed to be angry at him...but she couldn't. He was too cute and she loved him too much for that. 

"Consider this as a payback for that peck you gave me this morning.." He said and started driving. Palak made a face at him.

Yes... the two five year olds in love. Yes...that was them.

-------------------

"Wow! Veer I have to say...your flat is so big, so spacious...so beautifully decorated!" Aditi complimented as soon as she and Palak came back to the living room after Palak gave her a whole tour of the flat. 

"Thank you! It was bland at first...but, Palak decorated it to make it look perfect" Veer said smiling and Palak tried hard not to blush.

"Uh huh...perks of being a designer!" Aditi said as she sat down beside Krish. 

"Now- bro.. tell us what you wanted to tell! I am so eager to know!" Krish chimed in, excitedly.

"Yes- tell us!" Aditi said nodding at Krish's words.

Veer and Palak glanced at each other, giving each other a sheepish smile. It  was Palak who said, "Before we say anything...Let me bring the cookies and cupcakes we made yesterday...Eat and listen"

Palak slowly went to the kitchen and brought a tray of cookies and cupcakes. 

"Wow! they look delicious Palak! You made them alone??" Krish asked and eagerly took a cookie from the tray.

"No, not exactly...Veer helped me for the most part..."

"So....what do you both want to tell us?" Aditi asked again.

They both didn't say anything, but Palak went to where Veer was sitting and then bent down to give him a small kiss on his lips. Aditi's eyes went wide and Krish almost choked on the cookie he was eating.

"We were going to tell you about this..." Palak said smiling lovingly at Veer and then getting up to look at Aditi and Krish.

"You- You both?-" Krish said, still in utter disbelief. Aditi was just frozen in utter shock.

"Yes....we both are together. Meet my girlfriend, Palak Basu" Veer said smiling and holding Palak's hand tightly.

"YES!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!! YOU BOTH FINALLY CONFESSED!" Aditi squealed with excitement finally recovering from her 'frozen state'.

"Congratulations bro! You did it! I am feeling like a proud mother who just learnt about his son's first relationship!" Krish said laughing and then got up to hug Veer.

"I had always told Palak that you were the one for her! I am just so happy to see that our 'no dating' girl has finally got the one! Yes!! now we can go on double dates!" Aditi said and both Palak and her started laughing at that.

"Yes!!! For me its more shocking though...Its still hard to believe that our Saint Veer has got in a relationship! A RELATIONSHIP! Like...Palak I have to admit, I knew since the day I met you that you have some charm that made someone like Saint Veer fall for you! Like I remember how lovesick he looked whenever I saw him staring at you that day in the amusement park" Krish added.

"And who looks like a tomato every time Aditi texts or calls?" Veer mocked and Krish rolled his eyes at him.

"Now now! won't you both continue eating?" Palak said motioning to the plates.

"Yes! but tell us in details about how everything happened!" Aditi said and Krish nodded in agreement. 

And...this is how, four of them spent that evening laughing and teasing each other the whole time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444 63 15
𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 "𝐏𝐲𝐚𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐟 𝐞𝐤 𝐛𝐚𝐚𝐫 𝐡𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐢" (We fell in love only once) 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙚...
67.9K 2.5K 22
From childhood to adulthood. Childhood friendship is the most beautiful memory that can't ever be replaced. Join me on the journey with our ever-gr...
67.5K 6.3K 51
A cute love story of two friends... ♥️ Peep in to know it 💖