HSMTMTS: The Core Four

By Mikester2008

Ricky Bowen, Nini Salazar-Roberts, E.J. Caswell, and Gina Porter are a group of friends that are part of a bi... More

Character Introduction
Nini
Gina
EJ
Ricky
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Powers And Suits
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Lynne and Todd
New Characters
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
New Suits
50
51
52
53
54
54 Part 2
55
Ending
PLOT TWIST!
Author's Note
SEQUEL!!!!

13

370 10 14
By Mikester2008

Nini's POV

I woke up feeling weirdly energetic, more than usual, like there's something inside of me that's making me feel, electric.

As I get dressed my mind circles back to last week at Salt Lake, EJ in the bathroom. We all thought he was acting weird, so I volunteered to check upon him. I feel so bad for him, he blames himself for the accident. But he shouldn't he pushed us out of the way and let himself get hit by that broken roof to save us, he risked his own life for us, if anything we should be thanking him.

But that shock I gave him, I mean, giving someone a shock on accident is normal, what isn't normal is that blue shock came from it, not his skin, but mine. Weird, but he didn't seem to see or notice, maybe it was just my imagination.

I take out my phone and ask Kourtney if we can walk to school. I get dressed, grab my bags, and my songbook, and walk downstairs.

"Hey sweetie, you okay?" Mama C asks. They've been asking me that same question for so long, but I don't blame them, I did get caught in an explosion and was unconscious for a couple days.

"I'm good, I'm meeting Kourtney at her place," I tell them and walk out the house, hearing them telling me to be safe.

I made it to Kourt's house and were walking down the sidewalk, I'm looking in my songbook at the song, Drivers License. I can just imagine this in my head, standing in an audience, singing my heart out, holding that microphone in my face. My only problem is how it would end, with everyone cheering, or everyone booing me off the stage.

"Nini, NINA!" Kourtney yells, finally getting my attention, guess she's been trying to get my attention for a while. "Oh, sorry."

"Imaging singing again?"

I drop my head and nod. I wanna sing, like how she does at Church, but I can't, I feel much better just singing for myself and Kourt.

"You should really sing, it's not that hard," she says.

"Says the girl who's sing for her church."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever girl" Kourtney rolls her eyes and we both share a laugh. "Hey, take a picture for my Instagram" Kourt hands me her phone. She has an Instagram account dedicated to makeup tips. She's one of the best when it comes to makeup and dress-up, She started designing her own clothes when she was three years old...

I take her phone and snap a quick picture and look at it.

"You cute" we both laugh. We begin to cross the street, I made it to the other side, but I noticed that Kourtney wasn't there. I look behind me to see she stopped in the middle of the street, she's probably posting the picture, well, there are no cars around, is she's good.

Suddenly, a car drives up, but the driver doesn't see her, and they don't slow down. It's gonna hit her! No!

"KOURTNEY!!" I scream. Suddenly I feel the energetic energy again, but for some reason, it's increasing.  Something's wrong with my eyes, I feel...blue electricity flowing in my eyes? Why would I feel that? I look down at my phone, there are blue sparks popping out, overcharging it, zapping my phone, something wrong. This scares me so much I drop it.

"Nini, you okay?"

I look to see Kourtney next to me, thank god she's okay. "Yeah, I'm good, but are you okay?" I ask her. "Yeah, the driver stops and I apologized, shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road."

"Hey, you dropped your phone" she bends down, picking up my phone and handing it to me, hopefully, she didn't see what happened. "Yeah, you scared so much" I lie, well, it was only a half-lie, cause half of it was true cause she did scare me, I guess.

As we continue to walk to school, I look back down at my phone, it had burnt marks on it, like I overcharged it, this is the second time blue sparks shot out of my hand, like I'm that heroin, Lighting. Why are sparks shooting out of me?

What is happening to me?

____________________________________________________________

Gina's POV

I was fast asleep in my bed, hoping to get a few more minutes before school, but suddenly, the place starts to flicker, which is weird cause I'm asleep and everything is flickering from one room to all blackness, it keeps flickering until finally, I'm in a room. Everything's like a dark purple hue, but it looks like...a college room, weird.

I look at see two people sitting in a bed, one is one I don't recognize and the other is...no, it can't be, it shouldn't be, it isn't...is it?

"Jamie?"

My voice cracks as I see my older brother sitting on one of the beds, I try to touch him, but my hand runs right through him, it's like I'm some kinda ghost. He's on his phone, he looks like he's trying to call someone. It's not eavesdropping, I look to see who he's trying to call, wait, what? He's trying to call me!

"James, if you want to call her, just call her," the other boy says, I'm guessing that's his roommate. Why is he struggling to call me?  he left me.

"It's not that easy, Vince. I left her when she was just a kid. I didn't even let her say goodbye, I haven't talked to her since. She probably wants nothing to do with me, I bet she hates me."

No, Jamie, that's not true, I don't hate you or want you as far away from me as possible.  I want you back in my life, I want my big brother back. Please come back.

Suddenly, the room starts to flicker black again. No! Don't make me leave just yet, I want to see him again, just a few more minutes, maybe I can get through to him.  Jamie!

I wake up and my body jumps. What was that? Maybe it wasn't a dream, maybe it was real. I reach for my phone to see if he did call me, but there was nothing, no incoming call, no facetime, and no voicemail.

I start to feel upset, Jamie used to be the light in my darkness, the one person I could go to about my problems, and now he's gone and afraid that I won't forgive him.  I wish that he knew the truth.

I look down at my hands cause the weirdest thing is happening. They're glowing. They're glowing a dark purple, like in shows and movies. I look at just hand and hold it up, it looks like purple energy surrounding it, like floating purple water or something, or the same kinda energy that guy in Flash uses, what's his name? 

 Vibe.  Or maybe Cisco, I'm close enough.

Suddenly, a knock on my door causes me to jump. I look at my door and see my mom. But she's not in my room, she didn't come in, she's still behind the door, so who am I being able to see her? This is weird?  If you wanna hear something else weird, I think I'm feeling this strange energy flowing in my eyes, making them...glow?

"Wait up, Gigi, your gonna be late!"

"Okay, mom" I shout back. I blink a few times until my vision finally returns back to normal and all I see is a door. As I get dressed, I think about what just happened. How was I able to see my mom through the door? How did my hands glow? Maybe I'm just seeing things. Or is it some sorta effect from the explosion?

What is happening to me?

____________________________________________________________

Ricky's POV

I was asleep in my bed, I'm probably gonna be late for school, but hey, what else is new. I start to remember that I was the second to last one to wake up after the explosion, and the only people who cared enough to visit me were my dad and Big Red. My mom doesn't even care about me enough to check up on me!

Suddenly, a hard hit on the back of my head makes me wake up. I turn to see my mom glaring at me, making me scared, but I keep my chin held high and do not show her any fear. 

 "Ow! What was that for?"

"For you to wake up stupid!"

I roll my eyes at her and lay back in bed, turning my back on her. For a minute I was so overwhelmed by tiredness, I forgot this is my abusive mom we're talking about, cause the minute I do that she grabs my arm and pulls me off, I fall on the floor and I hurt my arm.

"Don't give me attitude Ricky, now get dressed!"

She walks out slamming the door, leaving me on the floor, mother of the year. I slowly get up and get dressed. when I'm done and I start packing my stuff, my dad walks in.

"Hey, your awake," he says surprised, guess he was expecting me to still be sleeping or just getting up.

"Well, mom came in so" I mumble. I'm sorry, son I hear him say. "Oh, it's fine, don't be sorry," I tell him, and he looks at me confused. "Don't feel sorry for, son?" He asks me. Okay, weird, why would he ask me what's fine when just said he's sorry? Maybe he didn't say sorry, maybe I just heard it. "Nothing, nevermind" I mumble walking into my bathroom, I hear the door close.

It's weird, I could've sworn I heard him say sorry, but nevermind. I decide to take a look at the arm I feel on, there's a small bruise on my shoulder and I groan. I hate all the bruises and scars I have on my body, so much for your scars make you stronger.

I wish I had Franklin right now, heck, I wish I could take him to school with me, just so I could have something to comfort me through the pain.

I look at myself in the mirror, expecting to see a lost, bruised, and cold teenage boy, but instead I see something different. My irises, or whatever you call those little black dots in your eyes. They're glowing a dark gold. The strangest thing is...I can feel the dark gold in my eyes, what?

Suddenly, I see something in the mirror, in the back corner, on my bed. Is that...no, there's no way that's happening. I turn around and look, seeing the weirdest thing.

Franklin, he's floating in mid-air, surrounded by vapor, the same gold color in my eyes. How is he floating? And why do I feel something surrounding my hand? I look down and see that it's glowing, with the same gold vapor emanating from my hand. I slowly move my fingers around and turn around my hand around in confusion.  Am I doing this?

I move my hand to the right just to see, and Franklin follows. I move it to the left, Franklin does the same thing. Nervous that someone might see or that someone might walk in, I grab Frankling from the air and place him on the bed.

"It's just a dream, Ricky, your okay, you're not going crazy" I whisper to myself. I close my eyes for a few minutes then walk to grab my bag. But before I do, I see that my hand is still glowing. Afraid of what might happen, I lung my arm out. Suddenly, the gold vapor shoots out like an energy stream and covers my bag, then my bag floats off the ground and makes its way towards my arm, like telekinesis. I almost fall back.

How was I able to do that?  What just happened?  Like I was a gold Wanda Maximoff?  

"No, it's just a dream, I'm not going crazy" I whisper to myself. I throw my bag around my shoulder and walk back downstairs, while one part of me wants to believe that it's just a dream, another part of me knows it isn't.

What is happening to me?

____________________________________________________________

EJ's POV

I wake up to Ashyln's loud music. Ugh, again. I get up out of bed and walk to her room. I see her singing along while packing her stuff. She turns back and looks at me with a smile. "Hey, how are you feeling?" She asks, turning down her music and walking up to me.

"If you turned down your music all the time, I'd feel a lot better" I groan.

"Shut up, are you gonna go back to school or stay home?"

"I think I'll go back today."

"Then go get dressed."

I nod my head and leave her room. As I'm getting dressed, I take a look at my chest, weird, most of the scars turned into only bruises, they healed quickly and I don't feel a thing. Okay, so weird, I know it's been a week since I got out of the hospital, but I was at least expecting to feel at least a little sting.

I finish getting dressed and grab my shoes. Before I leave I take one more look in the mirror and jump back in fright, the same thing that happened at Salt Lake Slices happened again.

I'm invisible and I can't see myself.

I start to panic. Suddenly, I look down at my hands, I can't see them, or an invisible shape that looks like them, and I can see red mist or vapor falling from them. I then start to realize there was this red light or energy around me, now I'm way beyond confused. "What's going on?" I try to walk out, but I can't, like some invisible wall blocking me. Now I'm frustrated. I try to push past it, but it's not working. I shut my eyes and still try.

When my eyes pop open, I can feel red electricity flying through them. Suddenly, I just started to run, I was able to break through that invisible wall, but I could stop running, I run all over my room. What's weird is I'm running way too fast, faster than a normal person. I take a moment to look behind me, there was red lighting following me, or maybe it was leaving my body.  Like how the Flash is able to produce yellow electricity as he runs, my body is producing red electricity as I run.

As I try to get myself to stop, it doesn't work. I look down at my feet which just keep running. Since I wasn't looking at what was ahead of me, I flip over my bed and fall on the floor. I look at seeing that I somehow made a very visible dent on the floor.  How was my body able to make such an impact on the floor?  Like how super strength heroes make a dent when they fall to the ground.

"Eej, you okay?" I hear Uncle Dennis yell, guess they heard me fall.

"Yeah, I'm good!" I lie, I don't want them to know about this, not until I figure out what happened.

What just happened? How am I able to run that fast? And how am I not out of breath? I walked to my bathroom, making sure I didn't try and run so I could avoid what just happened, and looked at myself in the mirror. At least I'm back to normal. I look down at my hands, no red mist. 

 Oh no, red mist, red electricity, producing from my body. Like in my nightmares.

"It's just a dream" I whisper to myself, but I know it wasn't just a dream. Something's wrong with me, more than usual.

"EJ, come on!" I hear Ashyln scream. I feel the red electricity in my eyes die down, I look in the mirror to see they're back to their regular state. Oh good. I grab my letterman jacket, my bag and walk downstairs, thinking about what just happened in my room.

Why am I such a freak?

What is happening to me?

Another chapter for ya. Now everyone's powers are manifesting, I'm trying to find out what happens in the next chapter, so it might come a little late. Please remember what I said in the previous chapter about how the other chapters might come late. And I don't know why I'm about to include this, but to the profile, hsmtmtslover5, I loved your book, Teenagers with Attitude, it actually inspired some moments further into the story, please go read that book, it's amazing. Stay safe and have a great day or night wherever you are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 68 12
[DISCONTINUED] richard 'ricky' bowen, elijah james 'e.j.' caswell, kourtney 'kourt' elizabeth green, regina 'gina' porter, nina 'nini' salazar-robert...
19.1K 401 24
ricky and nini have known each other their entire lives and were best friends. but, things change. from the ages of 3-13, they were inseparable. they...
12.4K 472 34
[ βœ“ ] ❝I want all of it. I'm saying I want us to be friends...with benefits.❞ RICKY BOWEN x EJ CASWELL. HSMTMTS (SEASON 2-3) AU! + slight canonical...
177K 5.4K 82
━━━━ π†πŽπŽπƒ π†πˆπ‘π‹π’ 〝 so you're different, then? different than people presume you to be? γ€ž ...