CHEATER - c!quackity x reader

By futabaaaaaaa

Gambling was something that was never a concern to you. You could empty your entire pockets onto the green fe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two + Authors Note
Chapter Three
Authors Note + Q&A + Lil Baby Snippet of Story :D
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Update?

Chapter Four

2K 79 201
By futabaaaaaaa

Trigger warning for smoking. Enjoy :)

-

"Why'd you kiss my hand last week?"

The startling and unexpected question interrupted yours and Quackity's peaceful breakfast in his suite a week later. He had been telling you about the feud between him and Wilbur and his next plan in the spat, and the question was just... the first thing that came to mind. If you didn't ask then, you never would have asked.

Quackity looked up at you with a wide eye. "Pardon?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"My hand. When I mentioned your ex-fiance's and offered support, you literally got on a knee and kissed my hand. You said thank you for the wishes, said you were recovering... uh, also said that your focus was on the casino, and then sent me to bed. Why?" you clarified, putting your fork down on your empty plate. Breakfast today was fresh scones and homemade jam that was delivered by someone named Captain Puffy. Quackity told you about it when he woke you up for breakfast, but you weren't awake to see the supposed delivery pirate. You wanted to meet her and thank her after this - the scones were truly delicious. 

Quackity looked at you for a moment before shrugging. "When I was a kid, I was taught that it's polite. A sign of gratitude, if you well," he responded, closing his eyes and taking another sip of his coffee before smirking over his cup. "Funny that you're still thinking about that a week later... really made an impression, huh?"

The forward sentence caught you off guard, and you sputtered on your water, putting the glass down and coughing into your elbow.

Quackity laughed. "I'm kidding. Jesus. Calm down," he grinned at you, putting down his empty cup and standing. As you regained your composure, you watched him adjust his tie and push his chair in. How did he make everything he did attractive?

You had to change the subject before things got weird, before you start blushing harder than humanly possible.

You cleared your throat and wiped your mouth with a napkin before copying the motion, pushing your chair into the table. "What's the plan for today?"

He stacked his empty plate onto yours and put his empty cup besides yours as well, straightening up the table for whoever would come and clean it after he left. "Techno is going to visit Dream today, and I'll accompany him," he started, fixing his beanie as he turned and looked out the window you two were eating beside. "You technically have the day off today, so you under no means have to come with me, but Techno won't be leaving the prison. Sam and I will make sure to keep him captive in the cell with Dream to ensure that he isn't a threat. As long as that pig is outside of the prison, there's a possibility that Dream will break out, and we have to take every measure possible to make sure that doesn't ever happen."

"This is the guy that blew up L'manburg with Dream, right?" You asked, walking over to stand beside him. While he looked out at his nation, you looked at him - you were on the scarred side of his face. "Same guy that did that to you?"

"Yup," Quackity responded, popping the 'p'.

"Why isn't he in jail already?"

"Because if we put everyone who's blown something up or killed someone in jail, then there would be no one left on this server," Quackity shrugged, looking down and fixing the golden cufflinks he wore on his sleeve. "He's strong, too. I do believe he's one of the few people that everyone on the server agrees belongs in prison, but there's no way I would be able to get him in captivity by just hunting him down and arresting him. His skills are beyond my own, and obviously, you see what happened last time. So, we've come up with a way - granted, it's long overdue - to trick him and capture him."

"Why is he a threat to Dream's captivity?" You asked. The conflicts on this fucking server were complicated. There were so many, it was hard to keep track of sometimes.

"Because he owes Dream a favor that he can't deny. It literally could be anything - could be some shit like..." Quackity trailed off for a minute, looking out the window. You could see his jaw visibly clench before he sighed. "It could be something like killing me - which would make sense, considering that he's killed me once before and the fact that I'm torturing him. If Dream told Technoblade to take my life, that'd be the end of the line. He could tell Techno to kill Tommy or Sam, too. But the biggest possibility is breaking him out, and we know Techno has the ability to do that. Locking him away with absolutely nothing is our best bet to eliminate all threats."

Technoblade sounded like a shit person. It was a wonder to you how he wasn't already locked up, but it made sense why Quackity just didn't try again. You were glad he wasn't trying again with the approach he went to last time.

"How did you guys get him to come visit?"

"Forced Dream to write a letter," Quackity chuckled, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a poker chip. He liked to fidget with them, you noticed. You watched while he started to flip it between his fingers as he continued his sentence. "Said I wouldn't visit anymore if he managed to convince Techno to come to the prison."

You laughed a bit, and bumped his shoulder with your own. "You're evil," you said with a giggle, shaking your head in mock disappointment.

Quackity laughed, shaking his head as well and closing his eyes for a moment. The laughter between the two of you died down, and you watched as he stood there with his eyes closed. The light from the sunrise coming through the large windows made the room warm and almost made him glow, making him as beautiful as ever.

"If all goes well today, do you wanna get something to eat with me after I get home? You can scope the surrounding areas out. I'm kinda sick of the burgers we have here. You can only eat so many Tubburgers a day and still be involved with the business," Quackity chuckled, patting at his stomach for emphasis.

Wait.

Did he just ask you on a date?

"Uh... Sure, I can look around a bit," You replied, your cheeks heating up at the insinuation. "Do you wanna eat in Las Nevadas or do you want me to find somewhere else? I don't really know the place."

"Just look around. I'm fine with eating anywhere - if you want, you can pick something up and we can eat it up in my place. Anywhere but the fucking burger joint I've been running. I'm Tubburgered out," Quackity laughed again, clearly getting a kick out of the name. He turned and gave your back a small pat with a smile. "I'm gonna head out, though. Let Foolish know if you need any help, alright?"

You smiled up at him. How could you not? That smile was contagious.

"Alright."

-

Turns out there weren't many functional restaurants in Las Nevadas.

There was a pub that was attached to the casino's bar, but it was closed today for maintenance. Purpled had been fooling around and wound up breaking the glass countertop, so the drinks were temporarily served outside on the patio while they fixed the main bar.

The next option was the bar in the strip club. You've been told it's good, but... you just didn't want to risk it. You had nothing against the lovely ladies that worked there, but you might be too flustered to actually enjoy your meal, and it just didn't seem like a dinner option overall.

Tubburger, while their food was good, was over eaten, and Quackity was generally in that restaurant to work. It wasn't fun to eat where you worked.

You didn't know where else to go, except for one place.

You never found yourself going there because of the competition Wilbur and Quackity had. Even though he explained it to you within your first couple days of being there, a competition between two fast food joints didn't seem that serious. It seemed more like a pride thing - Quackity was prideful and, from what you heard, Wilbur seemed like the type to push buttons.

You stopped at the edge of Las Nevadas, looking out at Paradise.

You couldn't help but laugh.

It was literally just a red and white burger van. It was cute. Surrounded by trees and flowers, and it had a nice dining area. The lighting was soft, and there were a few people already eating there at the tables that were set out. You could see someone moving in the burger van, but it wasn't the person Quackity described - this person was so tall that you couldn't see their face through the window, and their hands looked multicolored. You watched as the hands assembled a burger and handed it to someone, and you decided - why not? You could always get take out.

You stepped outside of the Las Nevadas border and into Paradise. Almost like it was fate, the backdoor of the van opened as you walked in, and a man in a dark brown trench coat stepped outside.

You stopped.

Wilbur reached into his pocket, mumbling curses under his breath. His words were inaudible to you, but you continued to watch as he pulled a cigarette from his pocket. With shaky hands and a blue lighter (that had the Las Nevadas emblem on it), he lit the smoke and put it in between his chapped lips. You watched as he closed his eyes and took a long drag, pocketing his lighter and leaning against the back of the van. When he opened his eyes and exhaled, he took notice of you. His eyebrows raised and his lips curled into a smirk.

"Hungry?"

You shrugged a bit, unsure how to go about interacting with someone that Quackity had shown his dislike for over and over. "I'm just looking for a place to eat."

"Well you found one! Arguably the best place around," Wilbur smiled at you and extended an arm to the burger truck. "Feel free to find a table. I can have Ranboo whip up a couple Wilburgers up for you - on the house, too! Let me win you over. Our burgers are truly the best."

You sat in mildly shocked silence. He was oddly theatrical and kind of goofy, but he was also a little gross to look at. It looked like he didn't know what a shower was, and you could swear his coat cracked with grime as he moved. He reeked of nicotine from where you stood, and not just from the cigarette that was hanging out of his mouth. It smelled like he had smoked his whole life. His skin looked pale and clammy, and you weren't sure, but it looked like there were some painful looking stitches running from his hairline, across his nose, and crossing his cheekbone to his ear.

You opened your mouth to reply when you felt a hand clap on your shoulder. You turned and looked up behind you to see Quackity, his jaw set and eye cold. He wore that stone cold expression for only a second before he broke out into a charming smile.

"Wilbur, how've you been? The business here is incredible. It looks like you're really taking off," Quackity smiled, talking like it was a comfortable conversation between two lifelong friends. "Ranboo doing okay under all the pressure? Stuff like this always seems to be a little much for him, especially when he's alone. Anyone else working with you yet?"

"No, not yet," Wilbur replied. You noticed that he didn't bother to try and hide his contempt like Quackity did. "Anyone helping you and Tubbo out? Your poor burger joint looks like it's seen better days."

"Have you taken a look in a mirror lately? It looks like all that burger grease got to your head," Quackity laughed. His sarcasm and passive aggressiveness was starting to show a bit now. The whole situation was overall tense, and it almost made the air stuffy. You felt awkward about being right in the middle of it, both literally and metaphorically as Quackity held you in front of him.

Wilbur chuckled dryly at Quackity's insult. "Your burger joint is as bare as your finger, Quackity. I'd be careful throwing insults to someone who knows how easy it is to wound you," Wilbur shrugged, puffing on his cigarette and blowing the smoke out the side of his mouth.

The grip on your shoulder tightened. It wasn't aggressively tight - it was more protective. The grip of the man who's had stuff yanked from his prying hands time and time again.

"What do you want, Wilbur?" Quackity asked, the pleasantries dropping from his voice.

Wilbur laughed. It was different from the sarcastic laugh he let out when his cleanliness was insulted. It almost sounded crazed and scary, like an evil ghost or zombie was laughing behind the grave.

"What do you mean, what do I want? Your lackey was on the one who came into Paradise looking for a bite, Quackity. I'm just doing my job. I'm feeding the people! Making sure that anyone who comes in with a rumbly tummy leaves with a stomach ache," Wilbur said with a shit eating grin, his cigarette getting clamped between his front teeth. "In fact, why don't you both stay? I know you probably had a long day doing whatever bullshit you spend your waking hours on. We have a few open tables that have cushy chairs for your flatty patty."

Such a childish insult made the grip tighten even more. You reached up and put a hand on his, giving it a little rub with your thumb. "Calm down, Q. Let's just leave," You whispered back at him, looking up as his jaw clenched.

Quackity held onto your shoulder before nodding and loosening his grip. "Wilbur, it's been a pleasure as always. Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours."

Wilbur smiled at you as you and Quackity turned. You could feel the dark brown gaze burn into the back of your neck while you both walked away from Paradise.

"Have a good dinner, you two. My residence is always open if either of you need it."

You couldn't tell why, but that offer felt like it was everything but sincere, especially directed towards Quackity.

-

The walk back was silent. Quackity felt off and you felt bad for being the reason that tense and painful conversation ever took place. Your shoulder ached a bit from the wrought iron grip he had on you, and the insults thrown in the conversation made you wonder how deep the relationship between them went.

Honestly, who goes as low to insult someone's divorce?

Quackity stopped outside of the casino with you, creating a divide in the slow stream of people that were entering as night ensued.

You looked up at him, trying to read his unreadable expression. You opened your mouth to say something before he cut you off.

"Could you kill time in your room for a moment?" Quackity asked, looking ahead of him at the open doors and the casino before them. "I'm not mad or anything, but I just... need to get my thoughts together. Find some place to call in or some shit."

You nodded a bit, chewing on the inside of your cheek. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Y/n," Quackity sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. "Go ahead. Please. I'll send Foolish or someone to come get you when I'm ready."

You nodded and looked at him for a moment more before walking past him and into the casino. Your mind reeled with possibilities as you walked up to your room and shut the door behind you. You leaned against the door and closed your eyes, taking a deep breath in and slowly letting it out as you calmed down.

You were terrified that he was mad, and that he just didn't want to hurt your feelings. You were so scared that he was mad because you went into the place he said was best to stay away from.

It was scary. You thought you were doing so well with him, and now you were scared that you were back to square one.

"Could you kill time in your room for a moment?"

His words rang in your head. Those anxiety riddling words. The only way to get them out was the running of shower water, which you found to be your therapy as you wound down from rough days at work or odd days on the casino floor.

The warm water washed off the scent of nicotine that you felt drenched in from Wilbur, and it washed off the ache Quackity left on your shoulder. The more you thought about it, the more you couldn't distinguish that squeeze - was it really that protective feeling you got the first time he grabbed onto you? Or was it controlled rage? Like when you guys first met and you sat in his office?

Remembering that night gave you chills. The way he had touched your arm, and the intrigued fear you felt as he threatened you over your stubbornness. The uncertainty in his kindness and apologies the next morning. And now you were here - the two of you went from the cheater and cheated to...

What could you even call your relationship?

Friends?

Sometimes it didn't feel like friends. It felt closer. It felt like both of you wanted it to be closer. It felt like that kiss on the hand last night held more than a simple thank you. You've never heard of someone kissing a hand like that as a thank you. To your knowledge, that movement was only ever used to express affection.

You sighed and turned the shower off before getting out, drying off, and getting dressed. You chose to wear something casual. It was nice to get out of the Las Nevadas uniform. You put on a pair of sweats and a tank top, figuring you weren't going to be going anywhere where you would have to be dressing up.

You towel dried your hair as you walked out, stopping in front of the big window that overlooked the desert stretching beyond the casino. It faced the sunrise in the morning, so you watched as the moon slowly made its ascent into the sky. It was a peaceful view as the stars slowly came into view - Las Nevadas wasn't as light polluted as a lot of people think. When it was dark enough, you were able to see thousands of stars in the sky as you faced away from the nations lights.

You weren't sure how long you were standing there, but by the time someone knocked, your hair dried. You turned around, quiet for a moment before asking, "Hello?"

"Are you ready to meet Quackity? He made dinner for you two in his suite," Foolish asked, his voice muffled by the closed door.

You arched an eyebrow before looking down at yourself, at the sweats and fuzzy socks. "Do I have to dress up?" You asked, looking back up at the door.

"No. Quackity isn't. This isn't formal, Y/n, don't worry," Foolish laughed, his voice as bright as ever. You appreciated the certain sunshine Foolish brought into the casino. Him and Slimecicle made this place fun while Quackity worked late nights and you didn't have much to do. You and Foolish would sit and humor Slimecicle and his apparent non-humanness as entertainment.

You trusted Foolish. You trusted Sam, too. You felt like you could be safe with them no matter where you were or what the situation was.

You felt that with Quackity, too.

"Alright, I'm coming," You said after a couple beats, putting the towel you were holding down on the couch and stepping to the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 145 11
Dream didn't believe a person could be home, and especially didn't believe a person could be so comforting from just their look, but suddenly the who...
523K 15.1K 41
"But what if Clay didn't know?" I grab his hand, "Think about it. If he doesn't know then we can make sure we actually work before we tell him." He l...
799 31 10
The king looked at me with hatred... Then his eyes softened I didn't understand why... "Why do I feel this way for you?" he had asked. "What?" I had...
107K 3K 37
I quickly sat down on my throne, awaiting for them to arrive. Father shot me a soft- scolding look and I sheepishly smiled at him and looked away. He...