Ya Rabb, I am Yours

By iqrashafique

I wrote this story in my sister's account first, but now as i have started using wattpad too, i have added it... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

219 32 0
By iqrashafique

It was the sound of the alarm on my phone that woke me up the next morning. I rubbed my eyes sleepily as i saw the time. 

"Oh my God, its 11!"

I got out of bed quickly. My boss had called yesterday that one of our clients had to go out of city on an urgent bases tonight, that is why we had to have the meeting today which was actually a Sunday. I had been really annoyed but i was thankful for the fact that it wasn't at 8 in the morning. I hurriedly went to my bedroom. Ali was not there. 

"O God, where was he?"

I hurriedly took out my clothes and went to take a shower. My car had broken down 2 days ago and it was with the mechanic. He had to bring it today but he was not here yet and i had no time to call him and ask him about it now, so i had to ask Ali for his car keys. 

After changing into a black shirt with cap sleeves and a white trouser, i went downstairs.

Ali was in the kitchen, looking for something in the fridge.

"I made breakfast," he said.

" i cant eat. I have a meeting. I need to borrow your car."

" Actually, i haf to go meet a friend, but i'll drop you off first."

"Okay, let's go then," I said and went hurriedly to the door.

"I will drop you only if you eat first," he said, pointing to the plate on the dining table which had two pieces of toast and some eggs.

"Ali, there is no time," i replied getting annoyed.

"Ok fine," he said coolly. He took one piece of toast, put some butter on it and placed the second piece on top of it. He came towards me.

"Now, you have to eat this in the car," he said handing me the sandwich he had made.

I took it and began munching on it while getting out of the door. Wow, i was actually hungry.

I began walking towards the car when i heard him call me from behind.

"Fatima, i have a present for you," he said and put a jacket on my shoulders. I knew the real reason that he was putting this jacket on me but i had no absolutely no time to argue, so i just put my arms in it. I will just remove it later.

It was a light grey coloured jacket made of an incredibly soft material and was so light that i could not even feel that i was wearing it. 

He dropped me at the restaurant, we were having the  meeting in. As it was a Sunday, we could not have gone to the office. He asked me to give him a rough idea of when i would get free. "At about 4, i answered," and got off the car. I heard him say "good luck" when i closed the door, so i turned around to smile at him.

After 3 hrs of starting the meeting, we finally got the deal. It couldnt have gone better, so all of my colleagues decided to have lunch together. It was a late lunch actually and i was so hungry, so i agreed to stay too.

We sat next to a glass wall and ordered. We sat there eating and talking and I lost track of time completely when i suddenly looked out of the glass and saw Ali across tge road in his car.

I checked my phone if he had called. There were 2 missed calls and a text from him saying, " I am coming to pick you up." 

I had received it half an hour ago. I replied saying,"will be out in five minutes."

"Should i come get you? You will have to cross the road. I cant bring my car to that side of the road," he texted back.

"No, i'll manage," i replied.

I have always had a problem in crossing roads. My mother had died in a car accident, when she was crossing the road, so i had this fear inside of me that a car would hit me if i tried to cross. So i had never crossed it alone before except once when it was really urgent and there was no one else with me. I had managed it once, i would manage it now too, i thought.

I got up to leave and said my  goodbyes. My jacket was on my arm as the heaters were on inside the restaurant. 

As soon as i got up, Talha too got up and said that he had to leave too. We both left together and i stood on the edge of the road hesitating. Talha was looking at me," is something wrong, Fatima?" 

I looked at him with a tensed expression and he understood," oh, the road."

He took my hand before i could say anything and when I looked up, I saw Ali getting out of his car at the same instant. 

He reached me in no time.

He came and stood in front of Talha and spoke calmly," i'll take her, thanks."

Talha stared at him, " and you are?" he spoke.

Ali smiled sarcastically. "Her husband," he replied. 

Talha was taken aback. I knew that Ali's appearance had shocked him. He left my hand quickly. "O God, this is so embarrassing," i thought and looked down.

When I looked up, Ali was looking at me with an angry expression.

"What?" I asked getting irritated. 

"How could you let him hold your hand?" he spoke as if it was something that he could not believe.

" He was just helping me cross the road," i replied calmly.

He got a little more angry at my calmness. "I was just across the road. You could have asked me."

" I thought I would cross it myself but then I got scared. Also, I did not want my friends to see you. It would have been so embarrassing but it didnt really work out," i said thinking about Talha. He would tell everyone in the office now that my husband was a freak.

Ali was hurt from my words, it was so apparent from his face, but he spoke calmly," wear your jacket."

This made me angry.

"No, i will not. What is wrong with you? Who are you to order me like that? I am sick of your nagging Ali. Leave me alone."

With that, I took my hand from Ali's and started walking hurriedly to cross the road. I was so engulfed in my anger that i did not see the bus coming from the right.

" Fatima." I heard Ali yell and the next thing i know was that i was pushed down on the road by someone.

Then i heard a very loud screeching sound and Ali scream from behind.

so what doyouguysthinkhappened?

only one chapter left and it will be updated today in shaa Allah 

i hope you like it

please please add to your reading list and vote =)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 10.8K 14
On the verge of tears, she smiled. ~~~~~ "I have noticed a thing about you; you don't like being treated like a lady. You prefer being treated with...
6K 257 14
This story is all about a love marriage that turned to be out a strangers marriage?
93.3K 9.2K 85
In the face of the powerful, young and roguishly handsome landlord Choudhary Shah-Nawaz Qureshi, only Mehar-Bano was the one to oppose his patriarcha...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...