Don't Let Me Go [H.S.]

By fruitboylover

I bite my lip, staring at the man in front of me. I haven't seen him in 4 years, but he still brought emotion... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 1

3.2K 60 7
By fruitboylover

November 1st, 2021

I wake up to someone poking me in the face repeatedly "mommy...mommy" I sigh and slowly open my eyes to my favorite hazel ones staring right at me "yes sweet boy" I sound awfully tired

He lays across my body "Mama I missed you" with a pout. I start to rub his back and kiss his little head full of curls

"Aw my baby I missed you too, let's go get some breakfast" his eyes widen and he darts towards the kitchen. I grab my phone off my bedside table to make sure there were no important work calls or emails and then head towards the kitchen "Ollie do you want pancakes?"

He was waiting for me in the kitchen with the biggest smile on his face. Nothing in the world brings me more joy. "Yes please mommy"

"Okay love bug go play with your toys while I make them" he runs off towards his room and came back with his toys. He set down his little actions figures and I could hear him talking to himself quietly as he played.

I started the pancakes, making them tiny the way that he likes them. I pour some batter on the pan and then sat there and waited to flip it over. I finished up the pancakes and put them on a plate for Ollie and then got him a little bit of apple juice mixed with water.
@charliericci

"Ollie, come eat"he came running over and sat down in front of his plate. He was still too little to fit at our table perfectly but the fact that he can get onto the chair himself now made my heart swell

"Thank you thank you mommy!"he exclaims, causing me to giggle. He grabs a raspberry and pops it into his mouth.

"You're welcome Olls" I sit down at the table with him and start scrolling through my phone, until I notice him struggling "here baby let mommy cut it up for you" I mentally hit my palm to my forehead. Mom fail.

"Mommy what are we doing today?" He starts grabbing pieces that I cut up and shoveling them into his mouth

I finish cutting them up and look over at my little boy "I'm not sure yet love bug. Maybe we'll just stay in today"I push some of his curls off of his forehead

He nods and focuses on eating his pancakes "mommy can you play watermelon suga"

I nod and grab my phone to start his song from my Spotify. He starts dancing with his pancake on his fork. "Mommy! I love you!" He looks up at me with the biggest smile that just about ends me.

I reach my hands out to him and pull him into my lap, then squeeze him causing little baby giggles to escape his lips "I love you all the way to the moon and back my sweet boy"

"That's a lot?"he asks looking up at me with his little eyes that match mine

I nod "so so so much more than you could ever imagine bug" I cover his face in kisses and then set him back down on his chair to finish his breakfast. I got up to grab myself some coffee and raspberries.

"Mama can we go to the park today?" He asks from his spot at the table. I look back over at him from the kitchen and nod my head "as soon as you're done with your breakfast we'll get ready to go"

He drops his fork and pretends to fall back dramatically "best. Mommy. Ever" he says quietly but just loud enough that I could hear causing me to giggle at him.

When he finishes up I take him upstairs to take a bath. Oliver is truly one of the easiest kids in the world. I'm definitely biased, but for the most part he's my little best friend and he thinks most things I want to do are a good idea. Including bath time.

I pull him out and then take him over to his bedroom. I dress him in a light brown thermal, light washed overalls, and his little checkered vans

"Do you want to stay here and play or come with me to get dressed" I ask crouching down to his level

He grabs his stuffed blue bunny and then holds his arms up to me "you mama"

I pick him up and set him on my hip and then make my way across the other side of my apartment to my room. I put him on my bed and put on cartoons for him, then go into my bathroom to wash my face and put on some light make up. After I finish, I head over to my closet and pull some clothes out. It's the beginning of November and surprisingly a chilly fall day so I pick out a light cardigan, a cream colored t-shirt to go underneath, and some corduroy brown pants.

I put my hair up into a low messy bun and then grab my white Nikes and some socks. I sit on my bed to put them on and then turn my attention towards my little boy "are you ready to go play?"

"Yes!" I grab him and set him down onto the floor. As soon as he was down he runs to the door. I grab a tote bag and then head towards him.

"Olls, what do you think about bringing some bubbles to the park?" I ask him causing his eyes to become even bigger than they already are.

"Please mommy!" I chuckle and grab two little bottles of bubbles out of the drawer and plop them into my bag. I also grab a little dinosaur water bottle and fill it up for him.

I crouch down to his level and took his little hands in mine "so, you think we'll need our stroller?"

He shakes his head profusely "no I wanna hold your hand mama" I stuck out my bottom lip and kiss his rosy cheek

"I wanna hold your hand too baby" I stand up and grab his little hand. I put my tote bag on the opposite shoulder and then grab my keys to head out

-

@charliericci

We only live about a 5ish minute walk away from the park so we get there quickly and walk around together. Enjoying our Saturday together. We stop on a bench to blow some bubbles and then continue our walk.

Suddenly Oliver spots the playground "mommy! The slide!" He said excitedly and takes off running towards it

My heart drops as I run after him "Oliver! Stop! Wait for mom!" He keeps running until a jogger takes notice and stops to help me corner him. I put my hand over my heart and run to catch up "oh my god, I am so sorry. Thank you so much for stopping him"

The man is crouched down and has his arms out so Oliver can't run past him. He is wearing sunglasses, a yellow hoodie, a pink beanie, and some running shorts. He looks at Oliver and then suddenly looks up at me with his mouth slightly parted. "I-" he starts but continues looking at me. People in New York can be so odd sometimes.

"Oliver, you do not run away from your mommy ever. Do you understand? Something could've happened to you. We go to the playground together. Okay?"

He looks down sadly and nods "I'm sorry mama. I stand" I want so badly to giggle at his mispronunciation of understand but I hold myself together. Especially knowing we are in the presence of another person.

"Well thank you-" I stop when the jogger takes his sunglasses off and my heart drops. Emerald eyes that were once my favorite thing in the world to look at, were staring into mine.

"Charlotte?" He asks quietly. His voice hitched.

"Harry" I say even quieter. He probably couldn't have even heard me. Oliver starts tugging on my sleeve.

"Mommy can we please go to the playground"he asks quietly. Harry turns his attention towards the little boy clinging to my right side. Confusion and sadness written all over his face. I nod, unable to speak or take my eyes off of the boy in front of me. Harry Styles is in front of me.

Finally realization hits me. I need to get out of here. "Yes, yeah let's go Oliver" I say looking down at him. I turn my attention back to Harry who was looking back and forth between the two of us "it- it was good to see you, H- Harry. Um. Yeah bye" I start pulling Oliver towards the playground in hopes that he wont follow.

"Charlie, wait!" He starts following behind and then stops in front of us so we can't move any further

"Umm, yes?" My heart starts beating so fast I knew I was going to work myself into a panic attack soon.

He scoffs at me "what is going on?"

"What do you mean Harry. I'm confused"

He furrows his brows at me and then points at Oliver. Clearly unable to get any words out. I open my mouth to speak when Oliver beat me to it "mommy please hold me" I lean down to grab him and put him on my hip. His little head immediately lays on my shoulder

"Who is that?" Harry asks quietly.

"What do-" I start, trying my absolute best to lie my way out of this, but I'm cut off.

He starts shaking his head "don't lie to me C. We both know you're bad at it"

I bite my lip, staring at the man in front of me. I haven't seen him in 4 years, but he still brought emotions out in me that no one else in the world could.

I then look down at the little boy on my hip. His spitting imagine. The only thing Oliver has that are mine are my eyes. There is no getting out of this.

"Can we please go somewhere and talk. I don't want to do this here" I practically beg. I never thought this day would come. He doesn't keep his eyes off of Oliver as he nods slowly. Every second it looks like his heart is breaking more as realization is hitting him.

The realization that the little boy he stopped from running away from his mom at the park, is his.

——————

Yay first chapter done <3 I'm so much happier with this

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 19.6K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
353K 12.6K 56
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
256K 16.6K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
497K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...