Paris

19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... Еще

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

11

474 35 1
19RaeNegade

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

I walked through the dark corridors toward my parent's bedroom late in the night. Rain is pelting against the window's pane as if they are many pebbles being thrown at it. Every time a flash of lightning strikes, a rumble of thunder follows and increases my urgency in getting to my destination faster.

My fear-filled heart is hammering, hands clutching my old blanket I dragged around everywhere (until mother threw it away on my fifth birthday). My small feet quickly padding across the cold floor.

I never liked thunder when I was a young girl. It always scared me and I yearned for the comfort of my parent's presence.

I flinched as another clapping sound roared in the heavens, shaking the house a little. I whimpered, starting to run through the hallway until finally arriving in my parent's hallway. I felt relief wash over me for a moment when turning the corner.

Then, I paused.

Just a few feet away, the door to my parent's room sat. Yet, the strange part is there are no guards on duty and the door is open. A light within the room reached out from inside and exchanging of muffled whispers can be heard.

Hesitation fought against my curiosity, wondering if I should investigate or go back to my-

A loud rumble shook the house, making me jump and instantly answering my question. I tiptoed over to the door and peeked inside the room. Father is nowhere in sight. Yet, I see my mother and a very intimidating man, who looks...familiar.

"I am done doing your dirty work and am no longer in your service," mother stated, "I am very grateful for your kindness back in my desperate times but I have a family that I need to think about now. I cannot have them getting involved with my consequences. Is it not your job to hunt down magic users?"

"I would not have come here unless my situation is anything less than crucial. I have my hands tied with this specific wizard. I need your help and expertise for this one job. Then, I shall never bother you with another job again. I can promise you that," the man explained, genuinely.

Mother seemed to think over his words, face etched with unsureness. I can practically see the mental debate going through her mind. The man patiently waited for an answer, arms crossed behind his back. A minute has passed when mother finally raises her head with an answer resting on her lips.

"Okay," she agreed, "One last hunt."

Mother and the man shook hands, sealing off their agreement.

"Who are we hunting?" mother asked. The man pursed his lips for a moment before responding.

"We are hunting the most powerful wizard in this city and the current ruler of Paris."

Mother's eyes widened in surprise, barely able to spit out her reply, "You do not mean..."

The man nodded in confirmation, "We are hunting "The Wizard of Tricky," Giovanni Rosiello."

"Marinette!"

{+}{+}{+}

"Marinette!"

   My eyes shot open, met with the scene of my dark bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed, recalling the dream that just occurred. No, it was not a dream but a memory. I may have been only four years old at the time but I do remember that fateful night. Yet, everything afterward is a blur.

   I blinked a few times to clear my vision then focused on the awake red bug. Tikki is hovering nearby, urgency carving her face.

   "Marinette, there is an akuma!"

   I am wide awake now, perking up at this distressing information. Without a second thought, I tossed my blanket aside and ran over to the window.

I looked through the glass, spotting many small, dark purple creatures with large ears running amuck around the streets and rooftops. They are destroying cars, street lamps, mailboxes, windows, and other objects. An infestation of menaces reining chaos wherever they step.

"What are those little vermin? They must be the akuma," I thought, turning to Tikki, "Whatever form they may take, I shall stop them from creating any more havoc."

"Tikki, spots on!" I said, feeling the rush of energy cascade over my form, "This is the second akuma I will have ever faced but this time, I have some experience."

Once the transformation is complete, my confidence is given a boost like the suit has an installment of assertiveness. I carefully open the window and scan the street below, making sure none of the creatures have spotted me.

Assured that their incompetence of my presence is seemingly unnoticed, I search for an area to latch my yoyo on. I spotted a pole sticking out from the side of a building across the road.

"It's now or never, I suppose," I thought, throwing the end of the yoyo. The string tightened, ready for me to swing.

"Here goes nothing," I muttered, praying I will not crash into anything. I managed to close my window before leaping away from the mansion, catching the eyes of all the small creatures wrecking the area. They began to chase me through the city down the roads, through alleyways, and across rooftops.

   I barely manage to avoid their little, grubby hands many times and having a difficult time trying to get away. I cannot seem to lose them, slowly growing nervous and frustrated. I searched for anything to help me escape this position I have placed myself in.

   "I need to figure out something fast," I thought, my energy rapidly draining, "I do not know how much longer I can keep this up."

   I threw my yoyo and swing through the air once again. Yet, a group of the creatures on the building I am heading for cut me off in mid-swing. They jumped off the roof let gravity pull them toward me. My eyes widen as one grabbed onto me then another and another. As the pile grew greater my grip on the string began to lessen.

I felt my heart stop and panic began to arise the instant my grip was no more. I let out a scream, covered in akumas and falling from the height of the tall building. I tried to quickly shake off the little demons and save myself from my impending doom below. Yet, it is futile. Only two fell off while many more kept ahold of me.

"No...this cannot be how this ends," I thought, fearfully, "I just barely started being a hero. I want to do more for the people who gave me a chance to be free and save the citizens of this city."

I ground below drew closer, causing me to panic. Adrenaline flowed through my veins, acting without thinking much about anything. The only thing I have on my mind is my survival instincts. My life flashes before my eyes, only a few good memories and people who are dear to me.

"No! I am not going to die without a fight!" I shouted in my head and gritting my teeth. I wave my arms and legs around. The akumas tightly grasp my limbs, digging their claw-like fingers into my body. I grunted in pain, thrashing around.

Then, the ground is only a few feet away.

I close my eyes, ready to feel immense pain.

It never comes.

I land on something soft, reducing the pain of what could have been fatal. I hear muffled voices shouting and the clinging akumas being removed. My ears are still ringing from the sharpness of the wind from falling and my body is trembling from the rush.

"Is she in shock?" Is the first thing I hear once the ringing starts to settle.

"Maybe," another voice replies, worriedly, "It was quite a traumatizing fall."

"She will live, just have to shake it off," someone huffed before I felt myself being moved off from the softness and into the ground.

"Ladybug, can you open your eyes? You are safe now," a familiar voice asked, sounding feminine. In fact, they all sound familiar. At first, my vision is blurry, needing a few blinks before recognizing two faces above me.

   "R-Rena Rouge...Carapace..." I questioned, sounding somewhat raspy (probably from screaming). Rena knelt and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, concern in those brown eyes.

   "Do you feel any pain, physical or mental?" She asked. I took a deep breath in and released it, calming my quaking nerves.

   "A bit shook but I think I am okay," I answered. It is half of the truth, underestimating my answer. I am more than shaken from a near-death experience. Who would not be? Luckily, my body is left unharmed from any danger that could have met my end.

   Rena did not seem to believe me, her powers being an accurate lie detector and creating illusions. I knew I would not have been able to keep it from her but my mentality can be worked on later. For now, we have to stop the akumas.

   Carapace reached out his hand, letting me grasp onto it and assisted me back onto my feet. I wobbled a little regaining my balance, my legs feeling like jelly.

   "Are you sure you are okay?" Rena repeated the question, a weariness laced in her voice.

   "Thank you for worrying about me, Rena Rouge, but we need to save the city first. Then, you may worry all you desire to over me," I replied, earning a nod from the fox hero.

   "If that is what you wish, Ladybug," Rena finished.

   "So, what exactly are we dealing with?" I asked, realizing we are in a small nook somewhere in the city.

   "They are gremlins."

   I perked up, noticing Chat Noir for the first time since my arrival. He joined the three of us, arms crossed and the usual grumpy look etching his face.

"So, how do you propose we stop all these tiny monsters?" Carapace asked, all eyes now locked onto Chat Noir. Chat scoffed at the three of us like it was such an absurd question.

    "Why are you looking at me? Is not Ladybug the true leader of us rebels?" He spat out, a small amount of sarcasm laced within his tone while gesturing toward me. I suddenly feel everyone's attention drawn over to me. I felt the weight of unsureness and pressure drop onto me.

   "Go on, Ladybug. Lead the way! You had taken care of the last akuma without much difficulty. So, what shall we do this time?" Chat insisted, earning a sharp glare from Rena Rouge.

   "I..." I began, trailing off. I am not sure what to say. Should I use my power now? Is it too early? What sort of plan should I-

   Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks and the gears in my brain began to turn. While Rena is scolding Chat Noir for being rude, I launched away from the group to the top of a nearby building.

   "Ladybug! Wait!" I heard Rena call but I ignored her for the moment. Luckily, there are no gremlins up here on the roof. I scanned Paris' landscape filled with creatures running around until my gaze landed on the Arc de Triomphe. There is something very peculiar about it. I can not see it very clearly from where I am but I can tell there is something on the top of the structure.

"Ladybug..."

I turned around to see Rena looking at me sorrowfully. I am about to ask her what is wrong until she spoke up again.

"I deeply apologize for Chat Noir's behavior. He was never this cruel before..."

She did not finish her thought, nor did she need to. I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, giving an understanding look, "There is no need to apologize. I was not even slightly saddened by his attitude. I am sure with time, those scars will heal and someday, he will return to what he once was."

Rena seemed to feel better then she tilted her head to the side in curiosity.

"Then, why did you suddenly leave?"

I gave her a smirk, "If Chat is so insistent on me being the leader, I shall fulfill the role. I have a plan."

{+}{+}{+}

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

87.2K 4.1K 21
Marinette has always been invisible, which comes in handy saving the streets of Paris as Ladybug. Adrien is the opposite, always the center of attent...
63.1K 1.1K 59
Ladybug is in love with Adrien but her new found love for Chat Noir has caused her to avoid him. Chat Noir's Love for Ladybug begins to fade as he re...
149K 3.6K 27
(COMPLETED) Miraculous Ladybug Fanfiction - Adrien is Not a Model. He's an abused, broken boy. Ever since his mom died a year ago, he's been abused...
Co-Pilot Lady Filcol

Фанфик

897 12 25
Adrien and Marinette Agreste, a.k.a. Ladybug and Chat Noir are one of the top pairs working for a French secret service agency known as Miraculous. A...