Sweet Tooth [Ushijima x Reade...

By kawakissy

What happens when you are the only who knows that the world-famous, strict, stoic Ushijima Wakatoshi has a we... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
71
72: The Finale
73: Epilogue
Special Bonus Chapter: The Beach
Bonus Chapter: Wedding

70

7.7K 263 91
By kawakissy

After arriving at the hotel, I couldn't face Tiphanie. She was excited about me coming back, but all I gave her was a tired shrug. I didn't want my trouble to disturb anything in these upcoming weeks. Finals are near.

I told her everything was fine, but she realised it wasn't, but she didn't push me, which I appreciated. She heard me sob once the night arrived, and I caved inside my bedsheets. That night she approached my bed and gave me a soft hug, patting my back. I appreciated her friendship a lot.

"Lets talk about work. I know you missed working...enough break-time," She kindly whispered to distract me. She was right. I love what I do or what I am doing, and I was not doing anyone favour by working, except myself. So, I nodded, still sobbing.

Homesickness hit hard. But sadly, I had no home to go back to once this was over. Everyone will go their separate ways, and I have to face the truth of my loneliness once again. And the bitter reality of my mother's cause of death.

When the next day arrived, I got back to work. The usual grocery list. Meal preps for each member of the team. I re-evaluated their break meals and adjusted accordingly. When Ushijima's file came up, I didn't have the heart to open it. I didn't need to know what he ate during the break or what he was doing right now.

I left out Ushijima's file for Bailey to evaluate. Bailey agreed, even he realised something was off.

My anger and disappointment didn't die. The two people I trusted the most once I arrived here, I saw them discussing something so personal about my life. No matter how much I tell myself that I am okay being left out, I don't mean when it comes to people who I trust and love.

As my work was done. I went out to take a quick walk to calm down. I couldn't keep the act up for long. As I walked and sat nearby a port's garden, I cried. I cried once again. I couldn't turn to anyone or anything. What am I supposed to do myself? I missed my mother. I missed her hugs. I missed my father. and most importantly, when such moments hit, I missed him...Wakatoshi. Everyone who I end up loving ends up leaving me on my demise.

As I wiped my tears, I hoped for another life, where I met all three of them in my life with different circumstances. Where mother was not an astronaut and never left my side, my father never had cancer and died, and Wakatoshi? It just turned out to be a guy I met....but never the one who I never fell in love with. 

I got up, and I saw Oikawa... I didn't know he had returned from his hometown. I looked at him, he tried to walk up to me, but I turned my face and walked another way. I wasn't mad at him but didn't have the emotional strength to face him.

xxxxxxx

Oikawa tried to walk and explain himself to y/n, but she walked away. His heartfelt all the guilt, and he wanted to apologise, but her face told she had already forgiven everyone except herself.

He decided to cool off the heat by joining others in the gym. When he arrived, he already saw a couple of players training, and his eyes were irked by the sight of some Zeldian players.

The sight of Sylas and Thain irked Oikawa more. Thankfully Oikawa's teammates were there.

However, Oikawa's eyes widened when he noticed something.

How am I so blind? He thought.

He quickly went out and headed towards the other gym, where Japan's team trained with what he saw.

Oikawa walked hot-headedly; his entrance annoyed Kageyama.

"Oi...why you here?" Kageyama spoke informally.

"I am not here for you Osama(King of the Court)." Oikawa huffed. His eyes looked for Ushijima.

"Where is your captain?" Oikawa asked.

"He is ..." Bokuto tried to say, but Ushijima entered weakly.

Oikawa glared and signalled with his head that he wanted to talk to Ushijima personally.

Ushijima nodded softly. Oikawa could tell Ushijima hadn't slept properly.

That bastard truly loves her...I need to help them out. I can't stand this. Oikawa thought.

Ushijima and Oikawa stood outside for the chat.

"Makoto industries are sponsors for Zeldians...did you know?" Oikawa whispered angrily. Ushijima quickly woke up as his posture straightened.

"What are you on about...?" Ushijima was irked.

" I don't really see or care about other team's jerseys, but their training kits and everything provided by your cousin's tech company." Oikawa complained.

Ushijima's body weakened again, and he quickly turned his entire body the other away.

"You okay bud? Did you talk to her yet..." Oikawa asked, but this time his voice turned soft.

Ushijima shook his head, his lips still drawn in.

"Everytime I try to do my best to not her lose again, something stupid comes up where I feel I am going to lose her forever." Ushijima spoke, and it seemed vague to Oikawa.

"Did you speak to her or not Toshi?" Oikawa was a little irritated but pretended to remain calm.

"No, I tried to contact her since she left Miyagi, no replies. I asked Tiph, and she told me she wasn't in the mood to talk about anything other than work. I felt like it was advised by Tiph to not contact y/n for a while. At least until finals. I am trying to be careful until I know how I can approach her properly. I feel -" Ushijima tried to speak but stopped speaking. He felt he was sharing too much.

Oikawa understood regardless.

"One step at a time..." Oikawa spoke.

"What do you mean?" Toshi hummed.

"One of us has to defeat the Zeldians first then....then we decide how to avenge your piece of shit cousin...then finally help you get your woman...." Oikawa huffed, folding his arms. His voice had tones of mischief.

"My woman? I don't own y/n...." Toshi replied innocently.

"Gosh....its just a phrase", Oikawa signed.

As they were wrapping up their conversations. Sylas and Thain walked up.

"Whats up Romeos? Heard yall couldn't keep up with your Juliets. This olympics feel like a Shakespear park honestly." Sylas spoke.

Ushijima was alerted. If he heard y/n's name from either of their mouths, they wouldn't have any mouths left. Oikawa was scared for both of them rather than Ushijima's.

"Don't pretend you know shit.." Oikawa explained.

"Awh come on dude! Olympic gossip travel fast. Your buddy's nutritionist is a hot piece but has pretty controversial background." Sylas raised his brows with an evil smirk.

"Nobody cares what her background is. She is good at her job and that's all that matters." Oikawa spoke, and Ushijima stayed silent.

"I wonder what other jobs she good at....I bet Ushijima the lover boy will know." Thain spoke. Sylas laughed, and that made Ushijima lose his shit.

Ushijima went for the punch, but before he could punch. He heard someone yell "duck" in Japanese. Oikawa pushed Ushijima off and ducked himself.

A volleyball with sheer force ended up hitting Thain's face. Thain was groaning in pain.

As the boys turned, they saw Miya Atsumu and Aran laughing but apologising as a joke.

"Damnit Aran, why didn't you receive properly...my bad guys I was practicing my serves." Miya apologised.

Aran ran, trying to control his laughter. "Damn G, my bad....I couldn't receive the ball properly."

"FUCK YOU THAT WAS INTENTIONAL.....I WILL COMPLAIN TO THE AUTHORITIES."

"I told you I am sorry, you are in gym boundaries. Such mistakes are common, you know it. Plus it is Japan's gym... why you guys here?" Aran enquired.

Ushijima couldn't help but signed, he knew what these guys were up to. Oikawa was confused but finally caught up.

Oikawa remembered that Aran has the best receiver record globally, and Miya's serve is the best in Asia. No way this was not intentional.

Miya chuckled.

"Our water ...broke...water filter...I mean...ouch.." Thain spoke as Sylas tried to check his face.

"I am not sure whether you are pregnant or your nose is...either way, you're bleeding. We can help you with some first aid kit...". Miya replied.

The rest of the team followed because of the yelling.

"Whose pregnant?" Hinata entered... Miya pointed at Thain.

"oh congratulations..." Kageyama spoke uninterested. Bokuto burst out laughing with others.

"please don't go around bleeding like this. We just sanitised this place...." Sakusa spoke.

"Trust me pal, that nose gonna take some while to heal...." Hoshi affirmed because he got hit on the face by Miya once.

Embarrassed and defeated, Thain and Sylas tried to leave.

Ushijima got the towel that fell from them and tried to pass them. Oikawa watched.

As Sylas tried to grab the towel, Ushijima's hand gripped it, not letting it go as a sign of warning.

Sylas switched to Zeldian language, which only Ushijima and Oikawa can understand because they worked with Zeldian coaches before.

"When we win Gold, she will be sold....we will get under your skin. No mercy when we try win..." Sylas spoke an old Zeldian saying, emphasising on the word "she", meaning y/n. Sylas will now surely cause a ruckus. This alerted Oikawa and Ushijima.

Ushijima realised he needed to clear everything out before y/n falls into more trouble and get people attacking her again for no reason. But, Ushijima eyes got dead red. Before he could react and punch them again, other boys came in front and surrounded him.

Surprisingly Bokuto took the lead.

"Out. NOW!" Bokuto spoke being the Vice-Captain.

Thain and Sylas glared evil and walked away.

The boys turned to Ushijima. They nodded and left Ushijima to cool off. They dialled Tendous number.

Oikawa nodded to Bokuto.

He sided with Kageyma....

"If I don't win tomorrow....I want you to know, one trick I saved until today. Always look at enemy defence before doing the minus tempo set...." Oikawa hinted, and Kageyama automatically realised. Sylas was on defence. But it also meant something else—no matter who. Zeldians must be defeated at all costs by one of them.

The years of enmity gone.....

Kageyama shook Oikawa's hand.

"He will need your best sets...." Both of them looked at Ushijima, who was just serving the volleyball on the wall on and off, with sheer anger and force balancing the momentum.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Silent By V

Fanfiction

36.6K 1.2K 73
"Please talk to me," -Jk "..." -Th Taehyung goes mute after his toxic relationship with his ex where he was abused for years. His friends miss his bu...
679K 20.3K 70
❝ I promise, I'll find you no matter what, pumpkin ❞ ❝ You found me, hubby❞ ─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ─── !!DISCLAIMER!! I do not own any Haikyuu characters, jus...
1.7M 79.3K 74
After losing touch with your friends from high school you try to make new connections through the internet. That's how you stumble on a youth who is...
1M 32.7K 78
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...