HEART LIKE YOURS | H.POTTER

By Louis12342

Book 1 of the Heart like yours series (HARRY POTTER) * (HARRY POTTER SERIES) |Prisoner of Azkaban to Deathly... More

INTRODUCTION
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
080
081
082
083
EPILOGUE
ALTERNATE ENDING
THE WEDDING
MEETING TEDDY
SAMANTHA AND JAMES POTTER
ALBUS POTTER
LILY POTTER
New Book
Coming Soon

042

1.2K 40 6
By Louis12342

I Must Not Talk Bad About The Ministry-042

When five o'clock rolled around the next evening, Diana and Harry headed towards Umbridge's office. The walk was silent, neither of them talked—both felt different things. Harry felt like it was his fault that Diana had detention, but it wasn't. The blonde was just angry, angry at Umbridge for degrading Cedric's death and being a coward.

"I'm sorry, Dia," Harry said suddenly.

"For what?" Diana asked, glancing at him.

Harry sighed. "For getting you detention."

Diana shook her head. "Harry, you didn't get me detention. I got it myself. And I don't regret it. I wasn't going to let that toad talk about Cedric like that."

"I admire you," Harry said with a smile.

"You admire me? Just because I stood up to the toad?" Diana raised a brow.

Harry nodded as he started walking backward in front of her. "Not only that but everything you do. Like the way you stick for people, care about people, the way animals just attach to you—well, I mean Pickett isn't an animal but you get what I'm going for, right?"

"Yes, I do." Diana laughed with a smile.

Harry stopped suddenly, causing Diana to bump into him. She stumbled slightly as he caught her by the waist and gave her his charming smile before he opened his mouth to speak.

"I have to tell you something."

Diana was red in the face. "Okay, what is it?"

"I'm in—"

"Harry!" A voice shouted from down the hall. The pair jumped apart as Cho Chang came running down the hall. She grinned as she stopped next to her boyfriend.

Harry glanced at his girlfriend. "What are you doing here, Cho?"

Cho grabbed his hand. "I want to walk you to your detention." She glanced at Diana with a hint of disgust. "Hello, Diana,"

"Hi," Diana said monotoned.

The blonde walked past them, causing Harry to follow after her, pulling Cho with him. He and Cho walked a few steps behind Diana, his girlfriend talking his ear off about something he could care less about. His girlfriend—It didn't sound right, especially with Cho. Don't get him wrong, he likes Cho—he really does, but it doesn't feel right, this relationship doesn't feel right to him. He wanted something else—No, not something else, someone else.

And she was walking right in front of him. Granted, it took him a few years to open his eyes and see that he likes Diana Black—no, he loves her. Yes, he loves her. Though, he was far too blind to see it (What an idiot).

"Harry? Harry!" A voice snapped him out of his thoughts. Standing in front of him was Diana, the girl that he was in love with.

"Y-yeah?" Harry stuttered, his cheeks burning.

Diana pointed to the door behind her. "We're here. Say bye to your girlfriend."

Girlfriend? Cho!

Harry turned to his girlfriend. "See you at breakfast,"

Cho smiled and kissed him. "Bye, darling,"

Harry watched her leave and right when she turned the corner, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Are you coming or not?" Diana snapped with a face laced with annoyance as her hair melted into a mix of emerald and firey red.

Harry nodded and pushed the door of the DADA classroom open. They walked to the Umbridge office door, climbed the stairs, and knocked on the door.

"Come in," A sickly sweet voice called. Harry opened the door and let Diana in first.

"Whoa, that's a whole lot of pink," Diana muttered, looking around the office.

The surfaces had all been draped in lacy pink covers and cloths. There were several vases full of dried flowers, each residing on its own doily, and on the walls was a collection of ornamental plates, each decorated with a large Techincolored kitten wearing a different bow around its neck.

"Good evening, Miss Black and Mr Potter." Umbridge greeted.

The pair snapped their heads towards their teacher. Umbridge was wearing a luridly flowered set of robes that blended into the tablecloth on her deck.

"Evening," Harry said stiffly.

"Well, sit down," Umbridge said, pointing to two decks. The heads of the decks were facing each other with pieces of blank parchment lying on them. "You're going to be doing some lines for me today, Miss Black, Mr Potter." Diana and Harry sat down, reaching down from their quills, but stopped when the woman shook her head. "No, not with your quills. You're going to be using a rather special one of mine."

She pulled out two quills from her deck and placed them in front of the teens. "Now, Mr Potter, I want you to write, 'I must not tell lies' and Miss Black, I want you to write, 'I must not talk bad about the ministry,"

"How many times?" Diana asked, picking up the quill.

"Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the messages to sink in,"

Harry glanced at his teacher. "You haven't given us any ink,"

Umbridge smiled slightly. "Oh, you won't need any ink."

Diana placed the point of the quill on the paper and wrote: I must not talk bad about the ministry

She let out a gasp of pain, which alerted Harry, who was about to write his own lines, to snap his head up at her. The words on her parchments appeared on the back of her hand, a burning sensation came with it as though a scalpel cut into her skin. Diana dropped the quill, hissing as she looked up at Harry. Harry looked horrified and angry as he peered up at Umbridge.

Umbridge had a wide grin. "Yes, Mr Potter?"

"Nothing," Harry said quickly.

Diana and Harry continue to write the words I must not tell lies and I must not talk bad about the ministry over and over again. She swallowed harshly and gritted her teeth, as the words sliced through her left hand—it was burning and the pain intensifying as the skin healed and cut her hand again.

With a moment of weakness, a tear slipped down Diana's cheek. She tried being strong and not show the toad weakness as she wanted, but it all fell apart. Hot tears streamed down her cheeks, choking back a sob as Umbridge called it a night. Diana immediately dropped the quill as she cuddled her bleeding hand to her chest.

"Come here," Umbridge said. "Hands,"

Harry and Diana extended their hands out towards her and a satisfied smirk lay on her toad-like mouth.

"Tut, tut, I don't seem to have made much of an impression yet," she grins. "Well, we'll just have to try again tomorrow evening, won't we? You two may go,"

Diana quickly grabbed her stuff and hurried out of the office. She walked through the deserted hallway at a fast pace, wanting to get back to the dorms badly. Harry had to jog to catch up with her, grabbing her non-injured hand and entwining them.

Their walk back to the common room was silent, except for the sniffs that came from Diana, who whipped her nose with her sleeve. In the common room, Diana walked over to the chair by the fireplace and curled her legs to her chest. She leaned her head on the back of the chair as Crookshanks jumped onto her lap and laid down. Harry sat on the couch, flipping open a book as Ron and Hermione sat on each side of him. 

Hermione was the first to notice Harry's hand. "What's wrong with your hand?"

"Nothing," Harry said, hiding his injured hand underneath his book before showing her his non-injured hand.

"The other hand," Hermione says, impatiently, pulling his injured one out from under his book.

Ron snapped his head over to his sister, standing up and kneeling in front of her. He noticed the state she was in and grabbed her injured hand. Ron placed his jacket sleeve on the wound, letting it soak up the blood.

"You two got to tell Dumbledore," Hermione said, looking at her friends' hands.

"No, Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction." Harry said, shaking his head.

Ron pulled away from his sister and squeezed his way onto the chair with her. He wrapped his arm around her, making Diana lay her head on his chest. "Bloody hell, Harry. The woman's torturing you and my sister. If the parents knew about this—"

"I haven't got any of those, have I, Ron?" Harry snapped.

Hermione sighed. "Harry, Ana, you've got to repost this. It's perfectly simple. You're being—"

"No, it's not," Diana spoke up, her eyes watching Ron as he gently wiped the blood away with his sleeve. "Hermione, whatever this is, it's not simple. You don't understand."

The blonde pulled away from her brother and headed up to her dorm as Hermione said. "Then help us to,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 182 28
In which °• a young single mother tries to go through life•° °•°•° JILY and Regulus survives! Voldemort dies by comes back in GOF! Peter never betray...
38.6K 1.5K 49
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...
453 19 10
ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ʜɪᴛꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ɪᴛꜱ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜰ ɪ, ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪᴛꜱ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱ...
72.8K 2K 18
"I mean you own a dragon for goodness sake!" "Well first off, I don't own a dragon." *Prisoner of Azkaban* *Book 1* *Fred Weasley*