Rainfall Chronicles: Amelia R...

Від AverageCabbage19

Amelia's destiny had been set in stone from the moment of her birth. Her story is one of tragedy, one wherein... Більше

Chapter 1: My Name is Amelia
Chapter 2: My Dream's Genesis
Chapter 3: My Emerging Power
Chapter 4: My Journey's Dawn
Chapter 5: My Encounter with Fate
Chapter 6: My Dance with Death
Chapter 7: My Guardian Angel
Chapter 8: My Second Chance
Chapter 9: My Glimpse of History
Chapter 10: My Fault, Through My Fault...
Chapter 11: My Most Grievous Fault
Chapter 12: My Father Who Art In Hell
Chapter 13: My Answer is Him
Chapter 14: My Decision is Clear

Chapter 15: My Hero

61 2 12
Від AverageCabbage19

Amelia: Chapter 15 — My Hero

The fated week has passed.

I'm currently staring at the airport from above a hilltop parallel to the private hangar. As the wind courses through my hair, I smile fondly at the sight of the blinking lights shining from the airport from below. Never in all of my years would I dare to think that I'd be so close to airplanes taking flight.

I was told to meet-up with him up here at around six-thirty, but I arrived around an hour earlier. I've forgotten how much I loved airplanes; seeing several of them begin to take flight after all this time was exhilarating. I've been standing up here looking down for so long, but as I hear the sound of leaves rustling behind me, I sit down.

"Looks like someone's excited." He arrives.

He came here early, probably expecting me to arrive on time. I take a seat, and he does the same beside me. His flight was in a few minutes, so this is my last chance to talk to him for a little while. In retrospect, one month isn't even all that long, so I don't quite understand why my mood is so melancholic.

I guess, truthfully, I'm just gonna miss him. I've already made up my choice, though. Once I finally graduate, I'm coming with him. Even though I've lived here my whole life, it's never felt like home to me — it never has. To me, home is where he is, and that's what I truly feel.

The two of us sit idly against the grass, admiring the sunset. This is going to be the last time he and I talk for a while, so I guess this'd better leave an impact. In an attempt to speak up, I fidget around with my hands and the grass surrounding me. I realize that this probably isn't going to do me any good, but, luckily, I think he noticed. He's always been awfully good at reading someone's emotions through bodily expressions...

"What's on your mind, Angel?" He starts.

I remain silent for several seconds, lost in the view. He inches over closer to where I'm sitting, catching me in my lucid daydream.

"How long... are you going to stay there?" I ask.

He sighs unsurely, scratching his neck.
"Well, hopefully... forever."

Oh. I bury my head into my knees. I've quite grown fond of our home here, but I guess I'll have to say goodbye to all of my classmates if I really go through with coming with him. I've known him for, what, four years, now? Likewise, he's known me for just as long, so I hope he feels similar to how I am right now...

"It's not going to be all bad, though. Father's going to stay here with you, remember?" He reassures me.

That's right... his father managed to push through with bringing me along with them, but he'll have to supervise me in the meantime — meaning he has to go alone for a whole month. It does make me feel guilty since I'm sure that his father is just as homesick as he is...

Apparently, it was difficult trying to convince them to take me. I don't know why exactly their organization is so involved with me, but I'm guessing it has something to do with me repossessing the Golden Stone. The only way they agreed to the proposition of the second flight is all because his father is protecting me.

"I really think my friends would like you. I can't wait until I introduce you to all of them." He says excitedly.

I keep failing to remember that I'm one of his friends now. In fact, he's actually known me longer than them. He tells me that they've only been classmates for one school year, but he and I have been living together for my whole school life. In hindsight, it's strange how much he reminisces about them, but after remembering all of the stories he tells me whenever we're having a conversation, I feel like I can tell how much his classmates mean to him.

And that includes... her.
"So... you're finally going to see her again after all of this time, huh?"

His eyes widen at the mere mention of her.
"Yeah... yeah, you're right. I can't wait to see her again... it's been way too long."

You know, I highly doubt this girl is just an 'old friend' She seems really important to him even though they've been broken off for several years at this point. What exactly have these two been through, exactly, that causes him to still think about her as a precious memory after all this time?

Haha!— if I didn't know any better, I'd think I was jealous or something.

But as I jokingly remark that in my mind, my mood becomes slightly more bitter... even more so than just a few moments ago.

Suddenly, he speaks up.
"Can I ask you a question?"

I snap out of my intrusive thoughts, trying to pay attention to what he is about to say.

"Why do you want to come with me? I'm really glad that you want to, but my life back home is... complicated, to say the least. My friends and I, we attract dangerous people. Father and I have told you of the horrifying events that transpired in our country all those years ago.

I just so happen to be friends with the two people who managed to prevent all that. Us three, we're targets... it's only a matter of time before the League tries to attack us again. I don't control the choices you make, but I don't want you to get in harm's way because of something you weren't even a part of.

My friends and I are involved with some of the most dangerous people on the planet. Life with me is going to be more than hell. I'm sure you can live a happier life if you were to stay here, so let me ask you one, last time... and think hard about it because I'm going to ask you, and you personally.

Do you really want to come with me, Amelia Reinhart?"

As he reiterates how dangerous his life is and how I'll become a target if I go with him, I lament on the image on the temple walls I saw all those years ago. I don't believe it for a second... Just seeing the amount of time he spends honing his powers and getting stronger means something. I know he'll survive; I know he'll pull through. If not, then I won't allow it to happen.

I'll personally get stronger, so I can stand there with him side-by-side. Me, and all of his friends... we aren't just going to let him die so easily.

My answer is clear... I'm not going back.
"This place isn't my home. If it weren't for you, I would've wanted to leave as soon as possible, and now that you're leaving I want to leave, too. I've already told you that you're the most important person in my life, and that isn't going to change. So don't tell me that I can live a happier life by staying here because, in all honesty, you're the reason I'm living my life happily in the first place.

I'll follow you anywhere. No matter where you go, I want to be with you."

I've never felt so strongly about anyone before, and that's clear. He gives me a smile, and stands up. I follow soon after, and we're now standing together, face-to-face as the sun's bright light begins to fade.

As l gaze up at him, he extends his arm forward.
"Then it's going to be goodbye — for now, at least."

I take hold of his hand, shaking it. He receives a text, prompting him to pull out his phone. As he reads the text, he sighs. I think our conversation is going to be cut short for now.

"Well, that's all I really have time for, unless you have something else you want to say?"

I struggle to come up with an excuse for him to stay a little while longer.

In a last-ditch attempt...
"C-Can... Can we get a picture?"

That sounded... super random, and a lot better in my head. He gives me a sigh with a smile as he messes around with his phone. Abruptly, he wraps his arm around me, taking me by surprise at first. As I look down bashfully at the sudden act of affection, he extends his arm. He has his camera out... I guess I'm glad he didn't make fun of my request.

I raise my hand up to form a peace sign, and he copies my pose. He somehow grew taller and I notice it now that the two of us are right beside each other. He takes a couple more. After finishing— with his arm still around me— he asks 'Is that good?'

It's now or never, girl...
"Can we take one more? I want to try something... b-but you have to set a three-second timer, first."

He doesn't bat an eye at my strange request, and applies the setting on his phone.
"Alright, but this is the last one, okay?"

He gets in position, pulling me closer.

As the timer starts, I recall the rain: how it seemed to control me in my journey all those years ago. I remember my life changing all because of the way the rainfall leading me to him...

3...

I remember my chance meeting with him. I remember how this mysterious stranger didn't take a second guess in giving me a chance at a second life.

2...

I remember how I nearly died in the depths of that temple. I lament on the memory of me cursing into the rainy night sky... one of my life's biggest regrets sparing my father's life.

1...

I will never forget the first time he told me his name. I reflect on the last four years I've spent with him, and how he was the biggest part of my life.

I will forever treasure these memories, for better or worse.

And cherishing all of this...

Starts with what I'm about to do right now...

...

As the camera flashes, I quickly pull away. Right after, he looks at me with widened, surprised eyes, but I don't falter in the slightest. This memory is going to be forever ingrained in my mind, and I don't regret it at all.

Determined, I give him a gaze with my fist clenched up to my face.
"Don't ever forget that, okay? That was hard for me to do, s-so..."

I cut my sentence short due to my body trembling, my hands wavering. My mind is going blank, and I feel like I'm going to fall over... but, suddenly, he pulls me into an embrace, burying my head into his chest. That just took all of my energy, so feeling him warmly holding me puts me at ease.

Being naturally taller than me, he caresses my head with one arm as he embraces me with the other. After seemingly forever, he pulls away from my returned hug. As I glance at his pleased expression, my worry disappears. He picks up his bag, and begins walking down from the small hill towards the private hangar below.

As he walks down the incline, he turns his head around, and extends his arm outward towards me.

"See you later, alligator."

I giggle... who the hell did he get that one from? I sure as hell didn't teach him that.

It's okay, though... I give him a wave goodbye.

Before he gets too far down, I put my hands together near my mouth, and project my voice...

"It's 'Amelia!' Don't... Don't you ever forget that, Shoto!"

He doesn't look back. Instead, he extends his arm to the side, and gives me a thumbs-up.

I watch him walk off in the distance towards his plane as I wave him goodbye the entire time. It takes a while, even though it's a relatively small airport. Soon enough, after multiple glances back at each other, he makes it to his plane.

That was the last time I ever saw him...

Well... at least for the month.

I look down, clutching my heart locket around my neck that's blowing along with the wind. There was no time to feel awkward about it... I just have to accept that what's done is done.

After the sun fully sets , I stand there alone amidst my own thoughts... huh, it hasn't rained in a little while, has it?

It's only until I hear the sudden notification sound from my phone that I suddenly jump up in surprise.

I pull out my phone from my back pocket. It's from him.

Oh... it's an attachment of all the photos we just took.

I scroll down as he sends them one by one.

As I arrive at the last one, however... I quickly scroll back up in embarrassment.

I simply stare at the one where we're both happily smiling with peace signs raised up. I continue smiling at these pictures fondly...

I think I'm going to have to cut my story short, however...

Of course, I'm still going to be here, but I feel like he's a much better character than I am.

As I continue staring at the pictures of him, I can't help but wonder if people would take more interest in his story than mine.

So, for now at least, I'll pass over the reins of my story over to him.

Don't think it's over just yet, though.

My story— The Story of Amelia Reinhart— is over; however...

The Chronicles of the Rainfall are only just beginning.

The End.

*Ringing*

...

*Click*

"Hey, it's me."

"Yeah, I'm on the plane now."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was just... saying goodbye to a friend."

"Oh, really? Go on, tell me."

"I'm listening..."

"Wait, are you serious?"

"You don't... actually mean everyone, do you?"

"Oh, haha, duh. That should've been obvious."

"..."

"Hey, I know it's asking for too much, but..."

"..."

"...I just wanted you to tell me something."

"Do you think... Midoriya can make it?"

"I know, I know..."

"Really? Poor guy... I didn't know that it was still devouring him up until now, but it makes sense, huh? All those months of preparation and pouring love into something, only for it to vanish in an instant..."

"And what about-?"

"Yeah... yeah, that makes sense."

"If you ever meet up with either of the two, tell them that they aren't obligated to show up, okay? As much as I miss both of them... their mental health takes priority, and if they aren't ready, then I don't want you to force them."

"... Heh heh heh, I forget how stubborn you can be."

"It really is nothing..."

"Look, I'll be arriving in about twelve hours, so get everyone ready, okay?"

"Hey, um... if ever... do you think that Y-?"

"..."

"Huh? How did you know?"

"Wait, for real?! U-Um... can you please do me a favor, and... not tell her I'm asking?

"Hey, no fair, haha... since when did you become master at relationships?"

"Yeah, yeah... don't rub it in."

"Oh, that's fine — go ahead."

"I'm excited, too. I can't wait to see how everyone's changed and... how everyone hasn't changed."

"Mhm... I'll see you tomorrow, okay?

"Give my regards to Sara."

"Goodbye."

*Click*

『Character Profile』

Name: Amelia Reinhart

Nickname: Angel (By Shoto Todoroki)

Quirk Name:
Cascade

Amelia has the power of Hydrokinesis; the manipulation of water. Initially, Amelia is only able to make water ripple ever so slightly; however— through age, training and experience— she is able to control liquids (such as blood) to a much greater extent. Her full power is unknown, and will most likely be unraveled as the story progresses.

Age: Nineteen

Birthdate:
Real birthdate unknown; legally listed as January 11th, 2006 for convenience.

Height: 164cm (5"4)

Status: Alive and Well

Affiliation:
Adoptive Tenant of Shoto Todoroki

Under the careful eye of The United Hero Nations
(Unbeknownst to Amelia herself)

Current Desire:
For one month to pass, so she is able to reunite with Shoto Todoroki.

Character Trivia:
For most of her life— at least until her meeting with Shoto Todoroki— Amelia has never known of the superhuman society and Quirks because she lived in a mostly Quirkless environment. She used to think that she had a unique power, but as she learned about them through Shoto... let's just say she's gotten a bit disappointed that she isn't as unique as she originally thought.

Nobody is aware of Amelia's past, including herself. Maybe her exact identity will be revealed sometime in the future, but, for now... her true origin will remain unknown to most people.

Author's Words:
Every following chapter in the Rainfall Chronicles will contain a character profile from here on, with this exact template; (with some changes that adapt to each character) sometimes repeating characters with updated information as the story goes along. I don't want to go too into detail as to why I created her, and what her exact purpose is in the story, but I feel as if you now have a vague idea of who she is.

This story serves as an optional side story that delves into the character of Amelia Reinhart when I eventually release the sequel of 'TodoMomo: After the Rainfall.'

Why did I create this story in the first place if it's optional?

Because Amelia is going to make her official debut in the next book!

Stay tuned! ♡
-Average Cabbage, Author-chan

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

164K 6.6K 73
➽Just short love stories...❤ ⇝❤️. ⇝🖤. ⇝♥️. ⇝💙. ⇝🩷. ⇝🤍. ➽💛Going on. ➽🩶Coming up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
The Boyfriend App Від Mon D Rea

Підліткова література

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
115K 2.6K 52
Alissa Iris De León the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...
Loving the Paying Guest Від Always_Manyata

Короткі історії

40.2K 7.6K 30
A Lawyer, Bold with a bit of anger issues, Smart, Not in good terms with his Father. A Girl, Sweet but Insecure about her weight, With Career tension...