๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ก๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๏ฟฝ...

By antifrxgility

--DISCONTINUED-- As the former heiress of the Yashiro Commission, Rin's past in Inazuma is . . . complex, to... More

- a word from the author !
Chapter 1 - Kamisato Rin
Chapter 3 - An Excursion to the Capital
Chapter 4 - Written in the Stars
Special Chapter - A Christmas Present
Chapter 5 - The Red Thread of Fate
Chapter 6 - The Shadow's Puppet
Chapter 7 - Vodka and Vices
Chapter 8 - Nadezhda Vitsky
Chapter 9 - Coral Roses
Chapter 10 - The Partnership of a Lifetime
Chapter 11 - The Vitsky Mansion
Chapter 12 - The Intoxicating Scent of Blood
Chapter 13 - Mission Complete
Chapter 14 - Kindness is Your Blade
Chapter 15 - Memories
Chapter 16 - The Debutante Ball (1)
Chapter 17 - The Debutante Ball (2)
Chapter 18 - Forget-Me-Nots
Chapter 19 - The Meaning of Power
Special Chapter - IDOL AU!!
Chapter 20 - My Apologies
Chapter 21 - A Tale of Two Siblings
Chapter 22 - The City of Contracts (1)
Chapter 23 - The City of Contracts (2)
Chapter 24 - Another
Chapter 25 - The Princess and the Puppet
Chapter 26 - It Must Be Fate
Chapter 27 - A Ship Back Home
Chapter 28 - Old Acquaintances
Chapter 29 - We'll Meet Again
Chapter 30 - Who?
Chapter 31 - The Kitsune's Whisper
Chapter 32 - He Who Once Knew You

Chapter 2 - The Flower Princess

687 19 1
By antifrxgility

The strength of a knight is seldom determined by the sheen of his armor or the silver of his sword. It is determined by whether or not his shield can protect, and whether or not his blade can cut. 

I will be the knight who wields the flag of victory, hurdling through the final cavern and emerging with the honor of both himself and his nation.

"Stay here and watch, everyone," the Crimson Witch purred. "This will be your lesson to never cross me."

I drew my spear and twirled it above my head before giving a small curtsy, a customary sign of respect before a duel between comrades.

Lady Signora spared the formalities and began the battle with a flick of her wrist. Crystal quartz burst from the snow, and I shot into the sky, standing gracefully on thin air.

"Ah yes, your signature move," she scowled, clearly unhappy that I had the high ground. "But how long do you think you can stay up there, girl?"

Signora launched a blue bolt, aimed right at my head.

I pirouetted into the clouds, stabbing my lance into the icy rock until I heard a satisfying crack. I let it burst into cold dust, flying in all directions, but the breeze was no longer blowing in my favor. My hand moved towards the wooden shingles of the cabin, carrying myself to the ground safely. 

La Signora is a long-distance fighter, I thought. I'll cut off the flow of her Delusion once I get close.

I evaded a pair of snowy tornadoes and used the momentum to burst into a pink flurry of flowers.

La Signora frowned as colored fog danced before her eyes. It was all, of course, an illusion, but sometimes reality is too boring to make use of.

Snatching the opportunity, I sprinted across the fog, twirling through the mist and landing right before my mistress.

Her eyes widened, and my vision sharpened on her heart. 

With one precise move, I stabbed my hand into the space between Signora and the direction of the 9th Fatui Harbinger, Lord Childe.

(Note: At the moment, there are only 9 Fatui Harbingers. Rin is the second-to-last to join their ranks.)

A subtle snap rang in the air, yet only audible to the both of us.

Time moved like snow: fragile, wistful, and slow. La Signora, as much as I disliked her, was no different from me. The Crimson Witch was just a love-struck damsel, working diligently to attain her dream, yet fate still twisted her to wickedness. Destiny is so cruel. It turns even the happiest people into vile monsters.

But La Signora would merely be a stepping stone in my journey. Someday, I would be so much stronger than her. But that didn't matter. I saw it blank, so stark in her lonely sapphire eyes.

Someday, as fate had decided, Signora would join her prince, her one and only Rostam. 

There was no need for me to win this battle.

I jumped away, and she lunged at me, filled with anger.

Bracing myself, I took the blow directly and hit the ground with a thud, coughing and gesturing my hands in defeat. 

The cadets muttered, daring neither to congratulate me nor congratulate Lady Signora. 

As I'd expect, the Crimson Witch quickly composed herself, striding to where I knelt with effortless flair. 

"I will spare your life once," she whispered menacingly. "Take this young lady to the infirmary and have her in peak shape by this afternoon."

A Fatui Pyro Agent bowed down by La Signora. "Your Royal Grace, the provisions--"

"I didn't give you the right to speak."

"My apologies, Your Grace."

Lady Signora turned away, facing the gate of the camp.

"I will be leaving for business at Zapolyarny Palace. In the meantime, I will send for a Skirmisher to supervise this station. Find me on a better date if you wish to speak with me."

She snapped her fingers and disappeared in a flash of snow and ice.

In that moment, Signora seemed so humble that I forgot I was speaking to a Fatui Harbinger.

----------------------------------------------*:・゚✧------------------------------------------

La Signora's Perspective:

How did she . . . know?

How did she know what it felt like to lose everything? To have all you've ever cared about slip through your fingers like dust?

She looked at me with such empty eyes. As if she could no longer cry. As if she had given up on trying.

Who was that girl?

A little less than a year ago, I brought reinforcements to observe the commotion in the forest. Even in the heap of bodies, I caught sight of a little girl, as skinny as a withering branch, taking out dozens of men at a time, equipped with a glowing jewel that I had never seen in my entire life: an Inazuman Dendro Vision.

She was dressed in a rabbit-pelt cloak with snow matted in her long, lilac hair, shivering with leather wrapped around her feet instead of shoes. Her eyes were wide and indigo and bloodshot, her face pale and sickly. Yet she still fought so valiantly. 

Get that out of your head, I snapped internally. I must focus on meeting Her Majesty, The Tsaritsa.

The enormous icy gates opened, and a pair of guards greeted me with a curt, "Your Esteemed Royal Grace, Lady Signora!"

Finally, we arrived at the front of the Tsaritsa's Throne Room, and I prepared to greet my savior, who pulled me from the depths of the darkness and suppressed my flame with still, unbreakable ice. On that day, when her cold, gloved hands held my face, threading through my disheveled, rumpled hair and brushing away my tears, I could finally live for someone, for something.

The doors opened, and I threw myself onto the ground, staring up at the Tsaritsa in all her wondrous glory. A woman with high cheekbones and flawless features, her eyes sharp, clear, and unwavering. She wore a dress of the finest silk, beaded with diamonds. Her pearl-white hair draped around her, and for a moment, I saw a spark of resemblance between Her Majesty and--

Kamisato Rin.

"La Signora."

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"You came to suggest a candidate for the Fatui Harbingers."

"Yes, Your Majesty. She should be arriving in but a few minutes now, Your Majesty."

Her voice was so soft and graceful, filled with poise and dignity.

"You mentioned this girl was quite young. Can she handle the responsibilities?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. I am certain she can."

"Tell me, what is the name of this child who you claim can uphold the duties of a goddess?

"Kamisato Rin, heiress of the Yashiro Commission of Inazuma, Your Majesty."

----------------------------------------------*:・゚✧------------------------------------------

Rin's Perspective:

"Miss Kamisato Rin, Her Royal Majesty, the Tsaritsa, has ordered you to be escorted to her palace at once."

I stared, shocked.

I was dressed in a jeweled dress and a crystal-embezzled veil that covered my face.

"Please, Miss Rin," the escort said. "We do not want to bring you by force."

"Very well," I chimed.

With that, I stepped into the carriage and sped down the path to Zapolyarny Palace.

What did my future hold in store for me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3K 36
gorou x fem!reader As the younger sister of Kokomi, you live on Narukami Island and you decide to take a stroll around town after the vision hunt dec...
51.6K 1.7K 27
Scaramouche x Female Reader ยท ยท โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท๐–ฅธยท โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ยท Long ago, before the archon war, there was a girl, a pitiful girl. Her name was [L/N] [Y/N]. Cursed...
541K 21.7K 50
If you are born into a noble family then your destiny is already pre-determined from the moment you were in your mother's womb. It's either you well...