misfits ━ harry potter

By harringtonsbloom

MISFITS || In which the characters from the killing curse series, werewolf girl, and dusk till dawn all emerg... More

𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗙𝗜𝗧𝗦. .
★- 𝘃𝗼𝗹. 𝗶: meeting the misfits
★- 𝘃𝗼𝗹. 𝗶: meeting the misfits II
𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗖 𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗢. .
I. FOOLS OF HOGWARTS
II. DILEMMAS OF DIVINATION
III. LUPIN'S LESSON
IV. HONEY SWEETS
V. LONESOME LETTERS
VI. EMERSON THE EMPATHETIC
VII. FIGHTING LIKE A MUGGLE
VIII. MARAUDERS MAP
IX. LUPINS LEAD
XI. POTTER AND BLACK
XII. NEW BEGINNINGS
★- 𝘃𝗼𝗹. 𝗶𝗶: goblet of fire
XIII. SUMMER DAYS
XIV. RELATIONSHIPS

X. DANGEROUS DIVULGING

1.3K 110 312
By harringtonsbloom

★— ★— ★—
CHAPTER TEN:
DANGEROUS DIVULGING
★— ★— ★—

   IF THERE WAS ONE PERSON THAT DAWN KALE WAS NOT EXPECTING TO SEE IN THE LIBRARY ON A SATURDAY EVENING, IT WAS ATLAS BLACK. SHE WAS WALKING DOWN TO THE END OF THE LIBRARY (WHICH SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT IT WENT ON THIS LONG) AND FOUND HIM, IN THE CORNER OF THE LIBRARY AT THE VERY END.

            Frankly, she was very surprised to see him. At the moment, she was failing Herbology (which partly was the professors fault for going through the material too fast because the year was almost over and the course wasn't completed) and spent the last three weeks in the library almost every afternoon and even some weekends. In her entire three weeks, she had not once seen Atlas Black. To be fair, most of the Slytherins sat in one specific spot in the library but she was positive if he came in here before she would notice it.

        To be truthfully, she hadn't seen him a lot lately.

        Not that she was looking for him, but in theory, from a normal point of view she had not seen him so much. Since his dad was sighted in the castle, the boy seemed to be laying rather low.

           "I didn't know you could read." Dawn tells him, walking over into the small space.

             Atlas looked up from his spot and actually looked slightly frightened to see her there for a moment. Whatever he had been reading in the book had been so interesting that he was out of touch with his sense for while. When he realised it was her, he straightened himself up and she took a moment to examine the black shirt he was wearing, very dark like his charcoal hair. She had never really seen him out of his school uniform, he was quite tall.

            "I learnt yesterday." Atlas replied, reaching across the way and pulling a pack of sweets down from the counter. He popped one of the fizzling candy pieces into his mouth and looked at her. "Stalking me again? I'm flattered."

            Dawn remained calm and collected like Colleen had told her to act around the boy. "I'm just surprised to find you in here--"

             "And I you," Atlas interrupted. "You don't strike me as the "study type". Presumed you spend your weeks out on the pitch, seen you there a few times."

              "Whose the stalker now?" Dawn retorted, and for the first time she heard him laugh. Maybe it wasn't his real laugh but it sounded nice.

               "What are you doing here anyway?" He questioned and he took her by surprise when with the flick of his wrist, he had removed all the books around the ground and made room for her to sit. The books flew up to the shelves and returned back to their proper places. She sat down by him, at the end of his extended legs and crossed her own.

        Dawn did a double take at his advanced use of non verbal magic which she had no idea how he had done or learnt how to do. She pushed past that and answered his previous question, "I'm failing Herbology... well not just Herbology... also Divination and some aspects of Defence - Lupin keeps trying to schedule a meeting with my mum but I've her prewarned."

        "Lupin's not too bad actually." A few seconds later Atlas says, as if debating his words himself.

        "Agreed. He's one of the better ones in this school," Dawn adds. "Like McGonagall."

        "Gonie?" An arrogant scoff left the boys lips. "She is by far the worst professor."

        Dawn had thought he was joking but she saw a genuine expression of annoyance when she mentioned her year head. "How on earth can you hate Professor McGonagall?!"

               "I'd rather have Snape." Atlas replied smugly. Dawn let out a surprised gasp at this, refusing to believe than anyone would prefer Snape to McGonagall. Atlas held off for a second before quickly adding, "At least we get bonus points with him and he hates all the other houses.. especially you lot."

                "Gryffindor's. You can say it." Dawn teased.

               His lips twitched into a smile. "Gryffindor's."

              I wish all Gryffindor's we're like you. Merlin, her personality was so overbearing but in a good way. She was full of so much energy that it was hard to keep up with her or not even laugh or smile at the things she was saying. If it was any other Gryffindor, he would have hexed them instantly for even coming near him but something about this girl was different.

             "He does hate us lot, I agree. He's a bloody weirdo. Constantly doing weird things, like a few weeks ago he made me empty my bag and he searched the entire thing and took one of my personal belongings!" Dawn told him and he sat back listening to her. He noticed how she was rather keen when it came to eye contact. Unlike all the other Gryffindor's he had encounters with, she was full on staring at him with a brown doe eyed expression that made him feel almost guilty for some reason. He found himself looking back at her.

                "What he take?"

                Dawn's mouth opened quickly but she closed it.

                 "I won't tell anyone." Atlas added when he sensed her hesitation.

                 "Just this map like thing I find a couple months ago," Dawn told him a low voice as if there was a thousand ears, which Atlas knew for a fact there was not. He came to this spot he found quite often and knew no one ever came down this way. "It's a map of the entire school, and off grounds too, all the way to Hogsmeade. It shows all the hidden tunnels and even passageways that are actually in the school. I checked them all."

                  "Passageways?"

                  "There's a backdoor at the right side of the astronomy tower than can bring you to the Herbology greenhouse in four minutes." Dawn mentioned and watched his eyes fill with disbelief or maybe confusion, she hadn't been able to tell. "There's also a small entrance behind the knight by the kitchens than can bring you down to Hogsmeade--"

                   "I know that one. I took it down on my way to Hogsmeade back in October when I couldn't go." Atlas mentioned, nodding at her. Dawn gives him a small smile when he said this and rested her elbow on the bookshelf beside her. "Didn't know there was more than one. Who made this map?"

              "Some people named Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail, Prongs." The brunette tells him, like she had memorised the names into her head. "The parchment was really old, whoever they are they're probably all dead."

          Padfoot sounds familiar, his thoughts told him, as did Prongs for that matter.

                  "Where's this map now?" Atlas had a mischievous look in his eye.

                  "No idea, Lupin confiscated it weeks ago. Why?"

                  "No reason." He instantly says. "Cool map though."

                  "If I ever get it back, I'll make sure and show it to you." Dawn tells him, not realising how her words made it seem like they were friends because they certainly weren't and she had to remind herself of who this boy was. Not that status or house differences ever mattered to her but she had not forgotten how this boy had been to some people in her house. Just because he was charming did not mean she had become stupid. Atlas was looking at her carefully, like he was waiting for her to say something about her words but instead he just nodded. "Probably won't get it back though."

                "Don't rule anything out." Atlas muttered to himself.

                "You said you knew about the passageway to Hogsmeade? Why weren't you allowed to go?" Dawn had to ask.

                 "Apparently it was in my best interest to keep me in the castle that day and the days following that." He replied, sounding bitter at the ordeal. "My safety was at risk because of my... my father escaping. He was spotted there around that time. Gonie thought it would be best if I sat those trips out."

                 "She only has your best interest at heart."

                 "Suppose." Atlas grumbled.

                "She seemed worried the night your...dad snuck into castle."

                 "As she should. If my dad had killed me that night, it would have been on their hands." Atlas commented dryly and rolled his eyes. "Don't know how he could have gotten into the castle, thought there was supposed to be a bunch of "security matters" in place? Probably another lie. Why'd they have all those spooky dementors lurking around the place too? Can't even stop him."

                She heard the bitterness in his tone, "At least he seems to be gone now."

                "Seeming and being are two very different things." The black haired claims, with a low shake of his head. "Something tells me he's still somewhere, lurking around and waiting to do more damage."

               The empathetic part of Dawn came out when she saw the expression on his face that was only present for about three seconds before his normal expression came: the one that showed everyone he didn't care. However for a moment, he had frowned, as in actually looked sad which she wasn't sure was possible. She looked at him with pity eyes which is why she thinks he changed his expression.

                 "This conversation got depressing very quickly," Atlas points out with a laugh and Dawn nods her head feverishly in agreement. It got quiet between them for a second, but there wasn't an awkward moment of silence and the two of them liked that. He seemed to hesitate before he asked, "What's your family like?"

               "Small," Dawn answered instantly, she had not wanted to say much about her home life. Not because she was embarrassed or disliked her family but because she knew about his home life and the family he came from. "Different from what I'm sure the life of a pureblood is like."

              "Very different I imagine." Atlas muttered and his tone arrogant.

              Dawn instantly made a face, "Better I mean. I'd hate to be a pureblood."

              Atlas looked like he wanted to laugh, "Really?"

                 "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Dawn suddenly yelled at him. He flinched at the harshness of her tone.

                     When she rose to her feet, Atlas got the impression that he had said something wrong. "What?"

                     "Fuck off." Dawn glared at him, as in properly glared and looked pissed off. She grabbed her bag which was at the end of his feet and purposely hit his foot with her leg before storming off.

                   "Shit." Atlas muttered, rolling his eyes.

★— ★— ★—

         "Wanna go for a walk?"

         Atlas entered the dormitory at one o'clock that night after the library closed. He hadn't spent the entire day in the library and instead forgot about the detention he had with Professor Sprout: who awarded him a double detention in the same day. He ended up having two hours of detention where it was spent forcing him to clean out the ten year old pots and plants. Longbottom was also there (of his free will which Atlas thought was ridiculous) and had cowered away the second he saw him which Atlas thought was amusing. Now, he stood holding his wand above his previously sleeping friends head.

        Calum wiped his eyes, "What time is it?"

        "One ish, can't sleep. Let's go?"

        Calum rose from his bed, letting out a small groan. He didn't bother changing out his flannel pyjamas: which had a lot of different blue shades on it. The two of them left the Slytherin Common Room, which had been deserted for the long weekend. Most people were in bed early as the exams were approaching soon. Once they made it into the hallway, they went down to the kitchens and passed through them and went outside. Eventually they made it out and into the cold air, they walked around by the Black Lake in silence for a few moments. Atlas was suspiciously quiet for a few minutes and Calum waited for him to speak.

           "I wanna ask you something and I need your opinion." Atlas spoke up.

           Calum nodded, "Did you kill someone?"

            "What?! No!"

            "Just double checking." Calum nods, "Go ahead."

             "Anyways, So on a level of.... dating.... do you think that blood status matters?" He asked in so casually Calum almost missed it.             

              Calum almost stopped walking and actually hobbled a bit when his friend said this. It was not the topic he was expecting him to bring up tonight. His brows furrowed. "I mean....I guess so. It does matter."

           "Oh, OK."

           "You like someone who isn't a pureblood." Calum stated, not as a question but because he knew that this is what was happening. He looked at his friend who opened his mouth and Calum gave him a warning look, not lie about this.

           "Well I don't know if I like her but--" Atlas began and he hesitated when it came to explaining how he felt. He had not known how to explain how he felt about Dawn Kale. "I like seeing her around school and she's easy to talk to... she's nice eyes as well. I can't really explain it. I .. wanna know her more but is that wrong? I think I offended her today without meaning it! I didn't mean to make her upset - I think she was upset anyway I can't really tell but she stormed off so."

           "I don't know Atlas, you're old enough to figure it out yourself to be honest. My opinion is irrelevant." Almost instantly Calum had responded, before anxiously rubbing his temples like he didn't want the burden of the situation. To be honest, Calum had not know what to say to his friend who came from one of the most pretentious bloodlines in the Wizarding World. He didn't want to encourage or discourage him. However he was surprised Atlas, who was usually rather secretive with his emotions, had wanted his opinion. "Why does my opinion matter?"

        Atlas seemed to fine the moon interesting cause instead of answering he shrugged. "Just does."

        The two of them walked in silence for another few moments.

        "Your opinion matters to me, Emerson's too." Atlas admitted, despite not liking the fact he had to admit it. "It means something to me."

        Calum, in all his years and hours of conversation with Atlas, had never heard him say anything remotely affectionate like that. To be fair, neither Atlas, Emerson, or Calum had been the most affectionate people but Atlas was the least likely to admit he cared about anyone. Neither of the three of them had even hugged before.

           Calum shrugs to himself and actually doesn't really think before he speaks for once. This time he decided to allow his words to just flow. If he thought about what Atlas was asking he would just get confused with himself and he was sure his opinion would end up as the typical thing that all purebloods say when asked a question like that. Since the time he was five, he remembered his grandfathers words in his head, urging him to stay down the right path when it came to his status in the wizarding world. His grandfather actually used to be good friends with Atlas' grandmother, Walburga.

           "Blood status is important, for good or bad, it is important. There are loads of married wizards and witches who are purebloods, half-bloods and otherwise. I suppose it depends on the person more so than anything. I don't know, I grew up hearing that our blood determines who we should talk to...be friends with....go off with....to me, I guess it's automatically imbedded in my head that it's important, same as everyone. Truth is, in the bigger picture...I suppose in a thousand years time no one is going to care if you were with someone who is a different blood type to you-"

          "But what about now?"

          "Atlas, people will care, they'll find you dating anyone who isn't a pureblood shameful, probably a lot because you're a noble Black." Calum remarks with brutal honestly. "But when have you ever given two shits about what people say about you?"

            "This girl you like or think you like....is she really worth it?" Calum retorted quietly. "I don't think the Malfoys will be happy when they find out."

            Something about pissing of Lucius made him feel a buzz of happiness and energy.

            "I guess the entire thing is in your hands," Calum mentioned, glancing from Atlas up to the sky where the stars had been out and shining brightly. He unfolded his arms, "I think you need to take some time and figure if you care about blood status"

            "Maybe you're right."

            "I'm always right."

             "Good talk." Atlas commented. "We should do this more often."

             "I actually need to talk to you about something...I need an opinion or advice too." For the first time ever Atlas saw an uneasiness in Calum's stance and voice. Like an awkward quiver in his voice and his hands had been shaking softly, something Atlas noticed because he himself sometimes had that happen. "I guess it's sort of the same type of situation--"

         Atlas' bronzed eyes lit up, "You like a girl too?!"

        Calum paused, "Well no, not like that."

        Atlas tilted his head, confused.

        "You've gone out with loads of girls this year, I mean like what five? And now you might be going out with another girl? A lot of girls are interested you....and you are interested in clearly a lot of girls. It's not just you either. Emerson got asked to Hogsmeade by like two blokes and loads in our year are going off." Calum was saying and as he continued Atlas was getting confused on where this conversation was going. "But me...I don't really....I'm not interested in the girls in our year. I mean they're pretty and some are nice but I don't feel anything romantic when I look or think of them."

         "Me too, mate. A lot of them piss me off." Atlas replied not getting the point Calum was trying to make.

        "No but when did you become interested in the girls?"

        "Guess I always have been?" Atlas says slowly, shoving his hands into his pockets and aiming his vision on the Black Lake. "Why?"

        "No reason. Probably nothing," Calum shrugged it off. "Let's go back to the castle."

         Along the way back to the castle, Atlas and Calum past Murphy who they were curious to see sneaking out of the castle at such a late time.

★— ★— ★—

        Harry Potter made his way to Herbology with a scowl on his face. Since after Christmas, Professor Sprout had come up with the idea to put them into pairings for the end of year Herbology exam. The pairings were between the Gryffindor and Slytherin students, although some of the students were lucky and got paired with individuals from their own house. He entered the classroom and ducked just in time to avoid a paper bird made from fire aiming at his head.

         "Settle down and divide into your groups!" Sprout yelled and the noise died down and was filled by  groans that the Professor did not seem to care for. "Enough with the moaning and groaning! I am not in the mood for this today! Get into your groups and I'll remind you how important this project is! It counts as thirty five percent of your summer exams and is a fantastic way to start revising before your O.W.L'S which will approach sooner than you all expect!"

            Harry made his way over to the back of the classroom, and Ron got up and followed him.

            They slid into the two open seats in front of Black and Nott who were sitting next to one another in silence. The story behind that was that Theo and Atlas never really spoke, only once or twice. Theo was a quiet boy but rather popular with everyone in their house but kept to himself which is why there was not much said.

             The four of them sat in silence for longer than two minutes.

             Harry was carving his initials into the table.

             Atlas was flicking his hair out of his face.

             Ron and Theo were glaring at one another.

             "What happened to your shoe?" Atlas leans forward slightly and kicks Weasley's foot with his own one. The red haired boy looked up from his book, which he had not been reading but instead pretending to read to avoid conversation. However when it came to Slytherins, there always seemed to be a confrontation that was to had. His foot tapped off the hole in Weasleys shoe and Atlas rose a brow.

             Ron glared at him but said nothing.

             "What are you staring at?" Black barked when he noticed Harry glaring at him. He did not reply and Black added, "You should probably get your shoes fixed or something."

             "Don't you know the simple repair spell to do that?" Nott added, brow raised.

             "Enough chat over there!" Sprout calls, extending a bony finger down toward their table. "Project discussion only!"

           Atlas glanced across the classroom and towards Emerson who was paired with Seamus Finnigan then he looked at Calum and Blaise who seemed happy with their pairing. Emerson, on the other hand, looked as though she was debating putting her head in the mandrake plant. Then, Atlas took a small glance across the room, just a small one, one that not many people would notice (other than his two clever friends who instantly saw his eyes lit up) or care much to see. His glance was aimed at the top of the room where Kale sat bickering with Granger about something.

        Maybe Calum was right, maybe he did need to revise his morals and values; his own and not influenced all the people around him.

★— ★— ★

As y'all can tell book one was focused on Atlas, Harry, and a little bit on Dawn, as well as Atlas;' friends: dawn doesn't have a storyline until goblet of fire in DTD that is why I didn't write loads of her, and Luke is a minor character in POA in CRUCIO which is why I didn't write loads of him either. AS atlas has no main book that he is from, that is why i wrote him the most for this book (whereas act 2 will be more other central)!! I just want people to know that there are NO main characters, as everyone is a main!

This act was to show:
Harry and Atlas' dislike for one another
Atlas and Sirius meeting
Atlas in general
Atlas and Dawn
Dawn

Act two will introduce:
as goblet of fire is one of my favourite and WAY longer than POA i can really write longer chapters and focus individually on them all:

The tournament
Harry and Dawn
Atlas and Sirius
Introducing Fletcher and Riley
Showing small bits of Aurora
Dawn looking into her background
Fletcher, Harry, Luke, Atlas
Riley and Luke
Riley and Atlas
Riley and Aurora!
+ more

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 1K 39
The name and cover says it all. No longer continued *Cover not drawn by me* The first ones are awful but i promise they get better on the later chap...
3.8M 159K 119
KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizarding world and tries to do everything in...
1.1M 44.5K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
294 25 12
When she was four years old, Olivia Grey's parents were murdered in front of her eyes, and she was forced to live with the man who murdered her paren...