Cupid Shinobi: Naruto Fanfic

By Ryuu_Tsukima

*The art cover is by our lovely friend @EMOPHASEWHENIWASAKID* Y/n is known as the Cupid Shinobi in the villag... More

Y/n Bio
Y/n Kanroji Kocho
Team Assembles
Meeting and Training
Let The Test Begin!
You Fail!
A Dangerous Mission!
The Demon Vs. The Slayer!
Be Prepared
New Healing
Round 2 Leaf vs. Mist
Fate meets again
What happened?
New Improve
A Good Day
Y/n x GN! Reader One shot
Chunin Exam
Meeting new team!
Rookie Face Off!
The Written Exam
Tenth Question
Death Forest!
Unknown Threat!
Snake Vs Butterfly
The Heartbreak
Love Rage
The Third Test
First round
Puppet Master
Cupid's Sadistic
Team 7B's wrath
The Power of Wind and Shadow
Top Dog Unleash!
Naruto's Surprise Weapon!
Byakugan Battle!
Stand out!
The Power of Youth!
Forbidden Secret Jutsu
A Splendid Ninja Is Born!
Interview Q&A
Shadow in Darkness
The Stone Sensei
Stone Heart
Deadly Heart Attack
Sheer Cold
The Bounding Day
Bonding With Poison
The Evil Hand Revealed
The Final Round
Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone
A Failure's True Power
Hit it or Quit it
Zero Motivation
Dancing Blood Lust
The Technique Is Born!
The Konoha Crush Begins!
Village in Distress
A Call to Strike
Hokage Battle Royale!
A Mistake from the Past
Dead Demon Consuming Seal!
Panda's Identity Emerges!
Pushed to the Edge!
Assassin of the Moonlit Night
Light vs. Dark
The Sand Demon
Cursed Mark AU
Ninja Handbook
Interview Q&A Part 2
The Third Hokage, Forever...
Return of the Morning Mist
Sharingan vs. Sharingan!
Potential Disaster!
Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
Hate Among the Uchihas: The Last of the Clan!
A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
Keep on Training: Pop Goes the Sound!
The God and The Angel: Unforgettable Night!!

Ultimate Defense

3.8K 164 40
By Ryuu_Tsukima

If you can ask Y/n anything, what would it be?

No One POV:

It was at the academy as Iruka was doing some paper work. He closes one of his books as he sighs, standing up as he looks out through the window. 

'So his opponent is Neji.' Iruka recalled in his thought. 'These final rounds are nothing like the preliminaries, as Naruto will find out. If he hasn't already.' He analyze in his thought. 'But also Y/n, his match is against that Gaara.'

Naruto and Y/n smiling came to Iruka's head as he clenches his fist. 'Be careful you two.' Iruka hoped as he watches two birds flying.

Kabuto was walking at a branch before kneeling down. Below him is a member of the Anbu Black Ops, laying down as two kunais are pierced through their chest. Kabuto went towards their mask, taking it before smiling. 

"Put on a good show, will you, Naruto?" He ask as the sound of people cheering was heard in the background. "You know, I've got a tough job to do and I'd like to be entertained while I'm doing it."

It back at the arena as it show Neji and multiple shadow clones of Naruto. They yell as they charge towards Neji. Neji activates his Byakugan as one of the clone went for a punch, but was redirected. He move to the side as he attack another clone as they grunted.

Naruto stumble as Neji continue his offensive attack. Three Naruto decided to take offense as they charge at Neji. Neji however was able to counter their attack, redirecting their punches, as well has attacking with open spots.

"This is ridiculous. We're not even getting close to this guy." Naruto said as him and the other clones was sweating. "You think I can be fooled with a trick like that?" Neji smirked as he charge forward. He rush past the clones, 'Conjure all the clones you want. You can't hid from me.'

Neji went towards the Naruto at the end as he went for a chakra point towards Naruto's chest. Hinata gasps as Neji was able to hit it. "You're the one keeping out of range for fear of my striking your chakra points like this." Neji said as Naruto was shaking a little.

"The more the others attack, the more you stand out for holding back." Naruto coughed out little of his blood. All of the Naruto clones was disappearing as Neji was still smirking, while staring at him. "You're the real one, aren't you?"

"Naruto." Hinata said. "This match is over." One of the shinobi next to him stated. More and more of Naruto's clone was disappearing. "I told you it was pointless." Neji repeated.

Hinata started to cough a little. "No. Don't give up, Naruto." Hinata said as he cover his mouth from coughing.

Naruto started to laugh as he was looking at the ground. "Oh, yeah?" He look up as he was smirking while some blood was on his lip. "And I told you it was a mistake to count me out."

Neji gasp as Naruto disappeared, that Naruto was a clone. "But how?" Neji hears footsteps as he turn to see two Narutos yelling.

"All right!" Kiba cheered. "Way to go, Naruto!" He put his fist in the air. "Naruto." Hinata smile.

'He held one of his clones back to deceive me, to lure me into a trap.' Neji realize. "You thought I'd be too much of a chicken to attack you myself. Well, think again!" Naruto went for an attack as a small wall of chakra was out in the open. Hiashi squinted his eyes as he notice something.

The Narutos was grunting as more chakra was out, creating a circle. Neji spin around as he pushes them back. Hiashi was caught off guard as he know what Neji did. "But that's..."

One of Naruto's clone disappear as the real Naruto landed on the ground. There was a dig up circle around Neji, as Naruto was confuse by what he just saw. "Huh? What the heck was that?" Naruto ask as Neji smirk, "Did you really think you'd won?"

"What happened?" Ino ask as both him and Sakura was shock by what they saw. "That punch of Naruto's should've flattened him." Sakura said. Hinata look lost as he couldn't understand what he saw. "But that was..."

Hiashi's hands was twitching. "Rotation." He said. Meanwhile Tenten was smirking a little, 'That's one of Neji's special defenses.'

Naruto stood up as he went for the Shadow Clone. "We'll see about that!" Now there are seven Narutos. All of seven of them circled around Neji as he was standing still in the center.

'Neji can see almost 360 degrees with his Byakugan. It's pointless.' Tenten thought as she shook her head a little. 'He can detect any attack as soon as it's launched.' Neji slightly slouched down 

'That's when his real defense comes into play, the Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation.'

All of the Narutos attack at once as Neji's chakra was being more visible. He yells as he started to spin around, , repelling the attack away and creating a protective shield for as long as he continue to spin. All of the Narutos yell as they were push back.

'The moment he senses an attack, Neji discharges an intense, focused burst of chakra from the chakra points in his body. Then, by rotating his body quickly, he builds up enough energy to not only block, but repel his attacker.'

'Normally, chakra emitted from chakra points is difficult to control. Even Jonin can usually only utilize chakra from a single body part at a time, like the hands or feet. But Neji's mastery of the Gentle Fist Taijutsu is so great, that he can emit chakra from several places, warding off simultaneous attacks from multiple directions.'

'It's an ultimate defense, even more impenetrable than Gaara's Shield of Sand. Nothing can get through it.'

The rest of the contestant in the waiting area was watching the match. Gaara was seeing everything as he squinted his eyes.

Both Hyuga Hiashi and Hanabi was shock by what Neji just did. "But I thought only father could." Hanabi said as Hiashi started to explain. "It's a secret ninja art. For generations, reserved only for the main household of the Hyuga clan. But Neji has somehow discovered it on his own, incredible as it may seem. He's come far."

'No one should be surprised. You haven't even begun to see his full powers.' Tenten said but she sigh. 'Though, if Naruto can-'

Naruto started grunting as he wiped off his face. "This is the end for you." Neji stated as he stare at Naruto. "You're in range and you can't escape my Eight Trigrams." Naruto didn't say anything as he realize the distance.

It was as if Neji was standing at the center of a symbol. Then there's a diagram as Naruto was close towards the symbol. Naruto stood up as Neji was in a stance. 

"Gentle Fist Art: Eight Trigrams 64 palms."

"That stance, it can't be." Hiashi said as he doesn't understand how Neji knows the stance he's displaying. Neji charge as Naruto was caught off by the speed. "Eight Trigrams." Neji attack as he landed two hits on Naruto.

"Two palm."

Neji then strike as he landed four continues strikes.

"Four palm."

"Eight palm."

"Sixteen palm."

"Thirty-two palm."

"Sixty-four palm."

Strikes after strikes, Neji was attacking Naruto at all of his chakra points. Naruto yells as he was flying back a little. Two consecutive strikes. Two more consecutive strikes, totaling four. Four consecutive strikes, totaling eight. Eight consecutive strikes, totaling sixteen. Sixteen consecutive strikes, totaling thirty-two. Thirty-two consecutive strikes, totaling sixty four.

'Have we been surpassed by this branch family?' Hiashi thought as he didn't want to believe what he's seeing. But it's hard when he seeing a member of the branch family performing the technique.

Neji exhales as Naruto landed on the ground hard. Genma came as he takes a look at Naruto. "Looks like it's over." Genma said.

Ino and Sakura couldn't believe what they saw as the two Hyuga members was nervous by what they witness. 'To think that Hyuga's Kekkei Genkai would find its purest form in this child of a lesser branch of the clan, a child banished from the line of succession.' Hiashi thought as he closed his eyes for a moment. 'Truly, my brother, you've been denied what is rightfully yours.'

"I have now struck all 64 of your chakra points. You're lucky to still be breathing." Neji said as Naruto was on the ground. "Come on." Naruto said to himself. "Well, must be frustrating to realize how utterly hopeless it all was, this little dream of yours." Neji said. "You thought you could succeed through hard work alone. That's only an illusion."

Hinata started coughing more as it was being more serious. "Hey, Hinata, what's wrong? You okay?" Kiba ask as he started to notice his coughs.

"What a fool!" Ino exclaim as his hands was on his face. "I almost thought he could win." Ino complained. "Naruto." Sakura said.

Naruto was still on the ground as he couldn't move his body. He was groaning as he tries to regain himself. In a way, it made him think of Lee in the preliminary round. How beat up he was, but yet he still tries to stand up and fight.

'Bushy Brow.' Naruto thought but he was also had another flashback. It was Hinata by how he was belittled by Neji and by how different in combat the two of them were, he still continue stand. Even with the knowledge of how the fight would end, he still continue the match.

'Hinata.' Naruto clench his fist as he was gaining back his vision. "No way." Genma turn and was caught off with what he's seeing. Kiba and Hinata turn as they were caught off too.

Naruto was slowly getting back on his feet. "Come on!" Sakura said. Naruto now standing on booth feet as he was panting. Neji was lost as he couldn't understand what he's seeing, "Impossible. How could he...?"

"I told you, I just don't know when to give up." Naruto said. Neji still couldn't believe it, "It can't be!"

Hinata coughs more as it was now the shinobi next to him that was notice something off. "Hey! Hey!" Kiba said as he checks on him. "You're coughing up blood." He said. "What is it?" The shinobi ask as he was now being concerned. "Oh, wow. You must still be injured from your match." Kiba guess.

"Hinata, you gonna be all right? You need some water or something?" Kiba ask. "Let me have a look at him." Kiba turn as he was seeing the Anbu. "It's all right. You can trust me." The Anbu said.

"Stop this madness. You'll only get more of the same. I have nothing against you personally." Neji said. "Heh. That's touching. You're gonna make me cry." Naruto remark. "Anyway, I've got plenty against you."

"I don't know what you mean." Neji stated. "You don't? And here I thought you were Mr. Know-It-All." Naruto said as he was lost. "You don't remember what you did to Hinata, huh? They way you worked on him with your mind games, tearing him down when he worked so hard to get here." Naruto explain as his ager was rising.

"Never mind that. It doesn't concern you." Neji explain. "You mocked Hinata, calling him a failure. All that stuff about the great Hyuga clan, main household, branch families. What a bunch of crap!" Naruto exclaim. It was then that the Anbu carried Hinata as they placed him on the ground, away from the people.

"It doesn't give you the right to decide who's a failure. That's what I've got against you." Naruto explain. The Anbu place their hand on Hinata's chest as a green chakra was glowing. "Hey! What are you-?"

"Don't worry. I'm a doctor." The Anbu stated to assure Kiba.

"Very well. As you're so interested, I'll tell you about it." Neji's calm expression change. Changing to now full of hatred and his disgust. "The Hyuga Clan's heritage of hatred."

"For generations, the main household of our clan has practiced a secret ninjutsu known as the cursed mark jutsu." Neji explained. "Cursed mark jutsu?" Naruto ask.

"The curse mark is the symbol of a bird locked in its cage. It's the mark of those who are bound to a destiny they cannot escape." Neji reached to the back of his head, untying his headband. Revealing an "X" mark on Neji's forehead.

"Is-Is that...?" Naruto ask. Hiashi look away as he know what it was. "That's the curse mark?" Naruto ask. "I was four years old when the leaders of my clan branded this symbol on my forehead with their cursed mark jutsu."

Flash Back Jutsu:

"On that same day, a great celebration took place in the Hidden Leaf Village. After many years of war, a peace agreement had at last been reached with the Land of Lightning and they had sent the Head Cloud Ninja to sign the treaty and join in the celebration."

In the village, there was a clear path where three shinobis were walking across. The people in the village was screaming and cheering as the three shinobis was waving.

"Everyone was there to welcome our old enemies. Every Genin and Jonin in the Leaf Village."

It was then that some of the Leaf's shinobi was walking down the path as they were waving.

"Only one clan was absent, the Hyuga clan. Because this was the day on which the heir to the main household was to turn 3."

In a different location is where the Hyuga clan is present. There, two sides was shown as it show one side being a small Neji, and the other side showing a small Hinata.

"It was Hinata's third birthday."

Present Time Jutsu:

Naruto was taking in on what he was hearing. Neji turn around as he look at Hiashi, who was also looking back at him.

"His father, Lord Hiashi Hyuga, is sitting up there. He and my father, Hizashi, are twin brothers. And yet, he entered into the world first, so he is head of the family, the firstborn. While my father, his twin brother, is banished to a lesser branch of the family."

Flash Back Jutsu:

"So Hinata is three years old. Congratulations." Hizashi stated. "Thank you." Hisashi replied. Meanwhile Hinata and Neji was looking at one another. Hinata was smiling as Neji turn towards his father.

"He looks nice, Father, don't you think?" Neji ask. He notice that Hizashi wasn't answering as he was looking at him. "What is it, Father? What's wrong?" Neji ask in concern. "Oh, it's nothing, my son." Hizashi answer.

"Hizashi," His twin brother call as it grabbed Neji's attention. "It's time I took Neji under my wing." Hiashi stated. "Yes." Hizashi agreed.

"It was then, on the day the heir to the main household turned 3, that the curse mark was put on me and I was made a bird in a cage by my own uncle."

Present Time Jutsu:

"You can this clan of yours, what's the point of it all? Why have a main family and a branch family? And this weird curse mark? What's it mean anyway?" Naruto can only ask.

"I can assure you of one thing. It's not simply for decoration." Neji responded.

Flash Back Jutsu:

It was at the Hyuga estate as Hinata was whimpering. He was training as Neji and his father was sitting down, while watching the training taking place. Hinata was stumbling back as he was getting back into his stance.

"Your kick is still weak." Hinata's father Hiashi stated. "Yes." Hinata acknowledge. Hinata went back into his stance, screaming as he charge.

"Listen, Neji, is your destiny clear to you?" Neji's father Hizashi ask. "You live only to protect Lord Hinata and to preserve the power of our clan's main household." He reminded Neji, who was smiling. "I understand, Father."

Hizashi turn as he takes a look at Neji. Neji was smiling as he was watching the training take place. Hizashi turn to watch Hinata training. Hinata was panting as he was doing his training, growling softly as he activated his Byakugan.

Hiashi stop as it cause some confusion. "Hm. A threat." Hiashi quickly put himself in front of Hinata as he cast a jutsu. "Hiya!" Hizashi was screaming as he was holding his head. The pain made him go on the ground as he was still holding his head. "Father!" Neji call out in concern and worried.

"Father, what is it?" Neji ask, but all his father could do is hold his head as he groan in pain. "Take your father home. I'll forgive the fool this time, but only this time. See that you never forget your destiny." Hiashi warned.

Neji turn towards his father, as tears was streaming down his eyes.

Present Time Jutsu:

"You see, this is more than a mark that we wear. It is also the instrument by which they keep us in our place. We live with the fear that they will use this curse mark to turn our brains to jelly any time they wish." 

"Fear, that is what we live with. And we live with it every day. Only in death are we free of it. This is how the power of the Byakugan is kept sealed away."

"Only the Hyuga posses the secret of this unique form of Kekkei Genkai. And of course, there are many who would steal it from us. That is why we exist."

"It is the purpose of the branch family to defend that secret and to serve the keepers of the secret, the main household, obediently and without question for eternity."

"That is our destiny. Or was...until that dreadful night they went too far."

"When they murdered my father!"

Flash Back Jutsu:

"One night, someone entered the main household and abducted Lord Hinata."

The young Hinata was sleeping peacefully in bed. Unaware that the roof to where Hinata's sleeping was slowly open. Showing a covered shinobi, they took Hinata as they ran away from the estate.

However the shinobi was caught as Hinata's father stepped outside. He activated his Byakugan and charge at the intruder, who was holding Hinata. The intruder tried to attack but they were handicapped due too their arm holding Hinata. 

Hiashi attack as it made the intruder unconscious. He carefully picked up Hinata.

"Lord Hiashi quickly caught and killed the man. And who was this intruder, stealing through the shadows in the dead of night, wearing a mask over his face?"

Hiashi pulled the mask as it show one of a shinobi as it caught him off guard.

"It was none other than the Head Cloud Ninja of the Land of Lightning, the man who had just signed an alliance with us."

"It was obvious to everyone that he was after the secret of the Byakugan. But the Land of Lightning professed shock at this willful murder of their ninja."

"They claimed that the Hidden Leaf Village was in violation of the treaty and they demanded recompense."

It was at a building where the Hyuga clan members, including Hinata's father is at. Along with the clan is some of the Cloud Shinobi's, plus Lord Third.

"Things got worse and worse until it looked like wat would break out anew. The Leaf Village wanted above all things to avoid a war, so at last they made a deal."

"A deal?"  Naruto ask.

"A life for a life."

"The Land of lightning demanded the death of the person who had slain their ninja. If there was to be peace, Lord Hiashi must die. The Leaf Village accepted their terms."

Present Time Jutsu:

'But Father, then how?' Hanabi thought as she couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"And so to avert a war a man was killed, but not Hiashi." Neji clenched on his headband as a vein was shown on his head. "My father, his twin brother, was killed in his place..." He activated his Byakugan as he look at Naruto, "in order to protect the main household."

"Only in death was my father finally free of this evil curse mark." Hanabi turn as she slowly look at her father. "They were so much alike, twin brothers, but their destinies had been determined long ago when one was born a few seconds after the other."

"And this match is the same." Neji deactivate his Byakugan as he look at Naruto, who was taken back by everything he's hearing. 

"Your destiny was decided the moment I was chosen as your opponent."

_________________________________

Me realizing that this chapter was mainly about Neji's story because we all need to know the character's ✨Trauma✨

"Haha...I need to get these guys a therapist."

But that's all for this chapter, hope you like it and I'll see you guys later! ~<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 116 17
Sanemi Shinazugawa is the hot-headed wind hashira who 'hates' the quiet, secretly sensitive, and motherly water hashira Giyu Tomioka. But lately, San...
253K 9.6K 38
Lightning struck the trees, tearing them apart. "Listen close." His mother always said to him. "The storms speak in a language that is their own. Lis...
57K 1.2K 31
Sasuke is in a popular band that is only growing. They decide to go on a hiatus and attend their senior year of high school. He catches the attention...
34.8K 1.2K 17
!I DO NOT OWN THE IMAGE ABOVE! This was requested by @TwitchtoastODST Since it's my first ever request I am really excited! Please request if you hav...