BEST THING

By teeetales

The best things come unexpected and sweep you off your feet More

00
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
bonus chapter

XVI

6.5K 389 88
By teeetales

Six months later

It's been months; six months to be exact, since Áine left and Amaru was left to pick up the pieces by himself. It hurt him that she easily packed her bags and left after she had made a promise to him. To help him get better.

He didn't think she'd leave but then everything in his life was temporary and he learnt to accept that. At the back of his mind, he kind of thought about it but he pushed the thoughts away because he didn't want to seem negative.

But now, it was as if he kind of knew it was going to happen and he should've listened to his intuition. Nevertheless, he pushed himself to get better and it didn't help because he could still hear her voice ringing in his head every time, he felt like giving up. It wasn't a choice to give up either.

With the help of his family, he pushed through every day and now he was in crutches which supported his legs. He wasn't fully healed but he could walk. Just needed the extra support.

He had decided to get back to his normal routine of work and that was what he was going to do. With the help of Noonie dropping him off at his first official day back at work.

"Are you excited ?". Noonie asked, him being his personally chauffeur for the day.

"It's just work baby sis". He blankly responded, going through the paper work for his construction company once again. To say he was nervous for returning was an understatement. But he knew his workers and manager had it under control.

"It's better than being at home and staring at the walls all day".

"Yeah, so much better ". He lowly stated, still sorting through the papers on his lap.

"Why do you sound so nervous?". Noonie chuckled, taking a sharp turn.

"Hey, easy on the driving". He warned her, softly glaring at her.

"Yeah yeah". She waved him off, "not you trying to change the conversation".

"I'm nervous but it's nothing I can't handle". He told her, blowing out a breath. He knew he was going to get pity eyes from people the moment he walked in that building.

"You got this big bro". Noonie told him causing a small smile to grace his face.

I got this, he told himself.

Noonie pulled up at his office, parking right in front of the door.

"Now don't be acting up when I drop you off". Noonie turned to him, and playfully gave him a scolding look.

"Shut up". He mushed her head causing a laugh to escape her lips.

"I'm being forreal Ru". She told him.

"I know Noonie". He chuckled once more.

"Go head then". She said. He smacked his lips and Noonie grabbed his crutches regardless. He opened the door and put his legs out first.

Noonie walked to his side and waited for him to stand outside the car. Once he was comfortable, he grabbed his crutches and put his hands through the opening.

Hearing his soft grunts, Noonie grew concerned, "are you okay? And are you sure you want to do this?". She questioned, looking at him.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me". He reassured her. She stared at him for a while but decided to let him be. He needed this to grow back his confidence.

"I will be here when you are ready to go home, okay?".

"Yes mom". He playfully rolled his eyes.

"Good luck!". With a big smile of her face, she gently patting his shoulder. He smiled back and letting out a breath.

I got this, he told himself once more and he did.

Walking inside the building, a welcome back banner was plastered on the wall with a few balloons around the room. The reception had confetti thrown all around the room. The room was filled with party decor.

"Welcome back!". A collective of voices said to him. He looked around and saw all his employees standing with joyous smiles.

"Man...". He whispered to himself taken aback by the gesture while, standing by the door.

"Welcome back Amaru". His best friend whom he had not spoken to in months said to him whilst walking up to him.

They were also in business together, so he kept the business afloat and up to date.

Giving him a firm hug, Amaru felt the tears pickle at his eyelids. He blinked them back, not wanting to cry. He felt bad for having cut off all communication with his friends after his accident. However, he was just too ashamed to keep in contact with them.

He eased in the room, seeing the familiar faces of his workers and a few new construction guys but nevertheless he was happy to be welcomed back with such warm arms.

He made small talk before he headed to his office in the back because he was growing tired, but he was happy he had managed to stand for certain period of time. It showed he was progressing with his health. All the hard work was paying off.

"Good to see you Ru". Ace- his best friend- said to him, taking a seat across from him.

"Good to be back and I see the business been doing well". He said, grabbing the bottle of water that was on his table.

"We had to put a lot of projects on hold because they were out of state, and they needed your approval but other than that everything is good". Ace replied.

"That's fine, now that I'm back we can start with our projects. Especially the one in New Jersey". Amaru nodded his head. He was glad money was flowing into the business, but he needed more than that now.

"I will let Miracle know; we will be there by the end of week". Ace mentioned. Amaru nodded his head. He just needed to find his things and get his father's approval.

•••
"Where do I put this auntie ?". Áine asked following behind her aunt Lina.

"Over here ". She pointed on the island. Following her orders, Áine placed the box filled with different coffee beans inside. She had moved in with her aunt, Miracle who resides in New Jersey.

However, she was now helping her aunt, Lina who also resided in New Jersey. She owned a very popular bakery and coffee spot which had import coffee beans from all parts of the world. It was her baby and she cherished it so much.

"Have you visited Mel". Lina asked referring to her daughter.

"No, I haven't had the time". Aine told her aunt. A frown graced Lina's face, showing disapproval. 

"She just had a baby, you know? And married now". Her aunt informed her causing her to raise her brows in question, taken aback. It seemed like everyone was having children besides her and having their happily ever after.

"Really? That's wonderful ". Áine stated, genuinely happy for her cousin. She hadn't had contact with her in the last year. It was nothing serious, they just didn't get along like that.

"Just let me know if you want to go see her". Lina told her, plugging all the coffee machines in the shop.

Áine walked to the back and helped bring out the cookies and cakes that were left over from the previous day and bringing them to the front.

"I'm not staying for long auntie. I might go back next week. I just needed time away to recollect myself ". She stated, grabbing her aunt's attention.

"What do you mean next week?". She frowned, putting on her apron.

"I told you I wasn't here for long". She honestly told her aunt.

"I hope you not leaving because of Melissa". Lina said with her brow raised.

"Oh no". She chuckled, shaking her head, "why would I leave because of her?". She quipped.

"I don't know? I guess her having a baby and being married is getting to you". Lina indicated causing Áine to have a frown on her face.

"Are you trying to indicate I'm jealous of her?". She asked with a scoff.

"I don't know, maybe I'm being forward ". Lina spluttered looking away from her.

"Wow aunty Lina, that's what you think of me now?" Áine sadly questioned, clearly feeling hurt by her aunt's accusations.

"No I didn't me-".

"No you did, you really did". She chuckled, shaking her head. She grabbed her things and decided to leave before things got nasty between them.

"Where are you going?". Lina asked with her brows furrowed and with her lips turned down.

"Where do you think I'm going?". Áine scrunched her face up and walked out, not bothering to stay for an answer.

Hoping into her car, she burst into tears she was holding back. She couldn't believe what her aunt accused her of. It hurt to think that people thought she would be jealous.

Deciding she was done crying, she put her keys in the ignition and drove to her other aunt's workplace. She parked her car besides her aunt's luxury silver Jeep Cherokee. She grabbed her phone and hopped out the car.

She walked into the building, easing through the reception. She stepped into the elevator and slipped the sanitizer out her pocket and spritzed a few droplets before pressing on the number ten. She inhaled and started counting in her head as she felt the elevator, moving up.

Being in such a small, confined space caused her to be claustrophobic. It was something she had developed after the death of her son. She was learning to not let it get to her.

Hearing the elevator ding, she exhaled lowly and stepped out, heading to her aunt's headquarters. She was a Corporate and Intellectual Property attorney.

Gently knocking on the door, and perking through, Áine was met with her aunt's curious eyes.

"Its me aunty ". She said, walking in further into the office.

"Girl come in". She waved her off and stood up with a huge grin gracing her face and her arms stretched out

"Your secretary wasn't up front ". Áine snitched and walking into the warm embrace of her aunt.

"She went to get food, baby". Miracle told her, "you look so pretty". She complimented the young woman who had changed her hair into shorter curls. She was dressed in a body hugging jean and a cute black top with cute biker boots.

"You talking about me? Let's talk about you!". Áine returned the compliment. Miracle was a dark skinned woman who was on the thicker side of the spectrum. She embraced her body which was something Áine really admired about her.

The black formal pants she wore fit like second skin and the royal blue blouse made her skin pop. The black stiletto made her look taller when in reality she was shorter.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in a while Nene". Miracle gestures she takes a seat across from her which she does.

"Just fine. I have cooped up in the apartment ". She told her aunt causing her to shake her head.

"You shouldn't be doing that to yourself Ney". Miracle pleaded with her niece. She hated seeing her down or sad.

"I know but I can't help it. I just can't let go of my child". The tears glistened in her eyes. Miracle nodded her head in understanding. She knew how it felt to lose a child. She had lost about two of her own through miscarriages and she had given up on trying for a other one.

"I know baby and things will get easy. I promise you ". Miracle caressed her arm in a up and down motion.

"Now I know why you are my favorite aunt". Áine started with a chuckle.

"Don't let Lina hear you say that girl!". Miracle playfully scolded her causing a giggle to slip out her lips.

"But it's true. She thinks I'm jealous of Melissa all because she had a baby and got married. I'm far from that. I'm just dealing with my own shit you know?". She sniffed, expressing herself. Miracle nodded her head.

"Pay them no mind. Lina thinks it's a competition between y'all cousins and its not".

"I'm very happy for her in fact. She deserves it. I know I will have my fairytale as well".

"That's right Nene and to get your mind off things, I was thinking-".

"-No". She immediately responded.

"-I haven't finished what I was saying!". Miracle whined, glaring at her niece.

"Still no aunty Mira". Áine said calling her by her nickname.

"I promise you it ain't nothing wild!". Miracle murmured.

Áine heavily sighed, reluctantly agreeing "let hear it and if I don't like it, I'm not coming". She seriously stated.

"Okay okay, okay so you remember that project of mine I started a while back?". She asked her niece.

"The housing project?". Áine questioned with her brows furrowed. She thought the project was complete.

"Yeah, that one, so we going to meet up with the construction company who I'm partnered with, so I want you to come and tell me what you think". She spluttered.

"Y-you want my approval?". Áine pointed at herself.

"Yes, if that's okay with you?" Miracle asked. Áine nodded her head with a smile on her face. She was glad she was going to be out and about with her aunt.

At least she wasn't going to be bored in the house. But what she didn't know was that her world would be rocked!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 6.4K 53
𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 🦋.
25.7K 853 38
You gotta find the beauty in the inside 🥰 Read to find out 🤌🏽
11.7K 474 19
(𝘯.) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶; 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
21.7K 625 17
"You sure you wanna do dis?"