The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

Orientation

1.2K 68 8
By Mama_Kas

Orientation had started by the time we reached the auditorium. We checked in and snuck in quietly. All the Seniors were packed inside. We barely found seats in the back. 

Ms. Kim was on the stage with a few of the faculty behind her. Most of them were teachers for the seniors. The girls and I found a seat in the back of the room. 

"During your internships," Ms. Kim continued. "Use every opportunity to learn. Keep in mind, you represent our school, your parents, and yourself. Start with a good impression."

She continued with her speech with following expectations, rules, and to not do anything we shouldn't be doing. The next part of orientation was how to keep track of work hours, pay stubs/ statements, etc. It. was nothing I had to worry about now (since I didn't have an internship) but it was something I had to know about eventually.

Almost an hour later, we were released to go about our day. some were immedi­ately going off-campus while the rest of us went to class. The girls and I went our separate ways. Unfortunately, we didn't have the same classes but we did share a lunch period so that was nice. 

According to my new schedule, math was first. As I walked towards the main building, I saw a couple of familiar faces from last year and a couple of vampires from last year too. Some of them waved and it occurred to me that they probably knew I was dating Alexander.

I offered an awkward smile and kept walking. How was I supposed to act in these situations? Was there like a protocol I had to follow? At least no one was swarming me which was great. 

First class of the day was Math. Mr. Keller waited at the door of the classroom and handed us a sheet of paper as we walked in. It was an introduction paper - a bingo card to be exact and each box had a description; find someone who can say the alphabet backwards, who traveled out of the state, etc. 

I spotted Lisa in the back and next to her was Sonia. Curiosity got the better of me. I took the table beside them.

Due to lack of space, our classroom was in a converted science lab. Along the walls were a eye-wash station and a hazard shower in the back. Instead of desks, we sat around large black islands and stools.

"Hey, Rin," Lisa said as I sat.

"Oh, hey,'' I replied trying to act casual.

"Didn't know you stayed in town."

"Yeah, I wanted to graduate here so my parents let me stay with my uncle, Ian."

"That's great. What did Cassidy say?'

"She was sad but we talk on a regular bases. Haven't talked to her recently. Converting a government is no easy task."

"Yeah, no kidding."

"How's the Prince?"

"Busy,'' I replied. "The housing project is super important."

"No school?"

I shrugged. "Online. I think."

Sonia turned away as Lisa and I talked. I wanted to ask Lisa how she had managed to befriend Sonia but that would have to wait. It' would be nice if Sonia was a little open minded now.

"What up ladies?"

That voice. I had almost forgotten about it. Almost before a flood of memories rushed in.

Please no, I thought.

I turned in time to see Carlos. He had grown his hair out into a buzz cut. I didn't think they would have allowed him back into school after working with terrorists. He must have seen the look on my face because he put his hand on his chest like he was wounded.

"Mind if I sit here?" he asked me.

I looked away. Was he really pretending like his little group of Purists hadn't threatened me? 

"I do mind," I told him. "If you sit here, I'll move somewhere else."

He nodded. "Fair. Can I talk to you for a moment though?"

"Can you keep your hands to yourself?"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

I glanced at him. He looked apologetic. But I couldn't trust that just yet. 

"What do you want to say?"

"I wanna say something important about before," he replied. "It doesn't have to be now, but maybe some time later?"

 "I don't know," I replied honestly. "We didn't part on good terms."

He nodded. "I understand. Just let me know. You still have my number, right?

Reluctantly, I nodded. Despite everything. I still hadn't deleted it.

I glanced at Sonia. Though her atten­tion was elsewhere, she was listening.

At least she was letting Carlos speak up for once. Her over protectiveness for the most part had ruined our friendship. Maybe I'd been impatient too but I couldn't change the past. Just got to live with it. We both had to do what we had to. I couldn't hold it against her. 

After introductions and the mini bingo game, Mr. Keller finally got into the lesson. For the most part, we pract­iced where to turn in work and set up procedures. Most of the other classes went about the same way. We talked for a whole lot and did a little learning. 

Luckily, I only had Sonia for Math. Carlos, on the other hand, was in my other morning classes, like Reading. He didn't sit beside me this time. 

I checked my messages between classes but Alexander never messaged me. Seems like he wasn't coming to school today. Well, maybe he would show up later.

Later came and it was time for lunch.

The girls found me easily enough. I had claimed the same table I had eaten at for the past two years as my own. This time Carlos and Sonia weren't my table mates. They had found somewhere else to sit. 

"Are those the new members?" I asked them as they placed their lunch down.

I had noticed the group of freshmen and other older classmen they had walked in with. 

"Yeah," Brissa said. "We got a few new applicants this year so we're doing introductions and letting them know what we're all about."

"Brissa is the new leader," Amber said. "Kerrie passed on the role to her."

"I don't remember Kerrie being in charge," I admitted.

"That girl can like multitask like crazy," Sandra said. "It's how she got everything done. But we have two 'captains' now so, not one person is in charge of everything."

"You should join, you know," Amber said. "It's super fun and we do bake sales and -"

"Nope," Brissa cut in. "She can't join." She looked at me. "No offense." Back to Amber. "We stan the prince. Let's be honest. Not everyone likes the idea of the Prince dating. What do you think will happen if we bring his girlfriend?"

"Oh," Amber said. "I guess I hadn't thought of that. It'll probably be awkward for everyone."

"Yeah."

"Anyways," Sandra said. "We pulled out resources together and this is what we have." She handed me a folder. 

I took a bite of my food before grabbing it and flipping it open. The handwriting was so detailed and well thought out.

"When did you guys have time for this?" I asked.

"I multi-tasked," Amber said.

"I pretended to take notes," Sandra admitted.

"Don't sweat the details." Brisson said. "So, first things first, have you set up an appointment with Violet?"

"I haven't had the time," I answered.

"Okay, do that now," she said.

As they ate their lunch quickly (they had their internships afterward), I called Violet but it went to voicemail. Truth be told, what could I say to her. 'I need an appointment to talk about how to act since I'm dating Alexander?' It sounded a bit silly but it was the truth. Maybe I should start off with that. Violet had said we'd talk about it later. 

After leaving a voice mail, I sent her a text message. Maybe it was a bit 'unprofessional' but maybe she would answer instead. I put my phone down waited. 

As I munched on my food, I looked through the list the girls had prepared. We needed the venue, invitations, cater, music, guest list, vendors, the date, etc. Man, this almost sounded like I was preparing for a wedding. 

All this for an announcement? I thought to myself. 

I couldn't exactly work on this by myself. Everything depending on the date and I had to make sure the King, Violet, Alexander, and my parents were available for that day. I'm sure the royal family had a preferred vendor list and music and food so, all in all, I had to wait until I talked to someone.

Lunch ended sooner than I wanted and the girls had to leave. We had only talked for 5 minutes. Plus, they had wasted so much time helping me with this. I really shouldn't ask any more of them. They had their own things to worry about.

I gathered everything they brought me and wished them luck. It was time for me to take things into my own hands. I would start with the date. It had to be after the housing project event so maybe in six months? Or was that too early? Maybe seven months. That way I would have time to look at venues and ask about their availability as soon as I asked which venues were approved. 

 With a plan with mind, I made my way to the computer lab upstairs. For an hour or so, we had to look and apply for internships. We had to apply for at least two (some applications were long) before the end of our time. After this, I'd have to go to Study Hall and start the online classes for this year. 

I checked in with Mr. Hansen, a repres­entative from the district. Lind of like a career counselor but not. I signed my name on the sheet and took a computer. I'd browsed through the internships when my phone buzzed. The message was from Violet.

"I have some time this afternoon," it read.

She included the time which was in one hour and I was still in school. In the next message, she sent me the address. I glanced at Mr. Hansen before looking up the address on my phone. He'd told us before he could see what we were doing on the computers and track our search history.

Violet was or would be at a café it seemed in about an hour. It was the same café where Cassidy and I had met her during the cafe's opening. 'Juice on the Move! it was called. I'm sure there was a double meaning in there somewhere. Regardless of its location, I had no way of getting there. If I did, I'd still have to sign-out of school. I didn't think my parents gave me permission to leave school on my own.

"I'll meet you there," I sent her. 

I quickly sent a message to my pare­nts to let me leave school early. Dad was the first to reply.

'Can it wait? You're at school.'

'Not really,' I said. 'This maybe the only time I get to talk to her. Please? It won't happen again!'

Neither of them responded. Violet sent me another message.

'I sent someone to pick you up.'

'Thanks,' I sent back.

I wasn't sure if my parents would let me leave. I didn't plan on walking out but maybe I would have to. could I get away with it? Probably not. 

My leg jumped up and down as I tried to focus on looking for internships. There were a few for this semester but you had to give up your holidays. However, these were in programming and accountants. Usually these were in high demands but maybe they were being extra picky. Needless to say, they weren't what I was looking for.

My phone buzzed. It was from my mom.

'Okay,' it said, 'but this is the last and only time.'

I grinned.' Thanks. Don't worry. This won't happen again.'

Sighing in relief. I sat back in my chair. I was doing it. I was taking care of things on my own.

My computer dinged. A message from Mr. Hansen. 'Cell phones are prohi­bited.'

I shoved my phone in my pocket. Right. I had to get through school first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 23.2K 59
Sequel to The Vampire Prince goes to High School. It's been a few months since Rin and Alexander have dealt with Micah. Their contract is behind the...
84 24 21
{Completed} "I want a relationship where people know of us. But know nothing about us." Kaden Brookson is a King of one of the various kingdoms in Ro...
31 0 1
Princess. All my life, I have been waiting to become Queen, to finally be entitled to the throne. Having sleepless nights, studying hard, practicing...
186K 6.3K 34
Some refer to Violet and her tribe of werewolves as dangerous and unlawful. But, in a world where weak humans rule over the werewolf realm, she is do...