Azur Lane: Shattered Skies (A...

By Emerarudo_Spurashu

"Oh, him? Yeah, I know him. It's going to take a while." A girl wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and combat b... More

Biography
Squadron Vote
Results
Charge Assault
The Commander's Arrival (Rewritten Chapter)
Cavalry
Grounded
Battle of Farbanti (Rewritten Chapter)
Rest (Rewritten Chapter)
Shattered Skies (Rewritten Chapter)
Twisted Game
Zero (Rewritten Chapter)
Settlements (Rewritten Chapter)
A Night To Remember
Turning Point
Primo Victoria
Aftermath
Midway
Glacial Skies
Mayhem
Night Of The Yandere (Halloween Special) [Rewritten]
Operation: Fisherman
Demise
Daredevil
Cooking A Bird Whole
???
Cloak and Dagger (Rewritten)
Announcement!
Taking A Break
A Shadow Of The Past (Special Chapter)
Fortunate Son
Votes/Rewriting
Daughter?!
Results
Defensive
Mighty Wings
Cavaliere
A Twist of Fate
Collective Consciousness
A Glimpse Of Another Reality
The Stains of Time
Rules of Nature
Wrath of the Fallen
Dark Skies
Imminent Threat

Screaming Eagles

2.1K 48 118
By Emerarudo_Spurashu

For Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his javelin until he had destroyed all who lived in Ai.

-Joshua 8:26

---

Siren Stronghold
1500 Kilometers From Northern Parliament
1455 Hours

*rumble* *rumble*

"Wait, what's that sound?" Columbia pondered.

"Look!" Denver pointed at the stronghold.

The ice castle was beginning to crack from the bottom. The cracks were slowly getting larger and larger until it reached the top, creating large gaping holes on all sides, which meant one thing...

"THE STRONGHOLD IS GOING TO COLLAPSE!! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!" Enterprise shouted, alerting her fellow shipgirls.

The shipgirls immediately sailed to the opposite direction. Much to their horror, the stronghold was going to collapse right at them! They had already sailed at full speed, but they still hadn't gained enough distance from the now, falling stronghold.

In the air, the remaining carriers were doing their very best to destroy the huge chunks of ice raining down on the surface fleet.

"Tch..." Kaga clicked her tongue in annoyance as she weaved to the side, barely avoiding a big ball of ice.

(Y/n) carefully aimed his sights on the falling debris and destroyed them by firing small bursts of the M61, successfully intercepting them or altering their course away from the shipgirls. The Leopard Squadron were trying to help the Ribbon Fighter, but were having a hard time due to the debris raining dangerously close to them.

After a few moments, the stronghold crumbled and sank beneath the waves, burying the other Sirens, leaving no traces of its existence. To everyone's relief, everyone had made it out safely.

(Y/n) took a few deep breaths as he slumped back down on his seat. "Is everyone alright?"

"Da, comrade Commander." Soyuz answered.

"We're okay, Commander." Enterprise said.

"Phew... All that flying around payed off..." Natasha cut in, flying her Su-27 beside (Y/n)'s Raptor.

"Indeed." (Y/n) agreed. "Sky Eye, do you detect additional hostiles?"

"Negative, Mobius 1." Sky Eye reported. "Your squadmates also made it back successfully."

He sighed in relief. "That's good."

---

Bastogne
Wallonia, Belgium
1530 Hours

"INCOMING!!!"

*BOOM* *BOOM*

Crack of the lightning was splitting the ground - thunder is sounding, artillery pounding. Wrath of the Sirens cast on Bastogne, and facing their forces alone were the 82nd Airborne Division and the 101st Airborne Division, also known as the 'Screaming Eagles'. They were accompanied by the French 1st Armored Division and German Luftwaffe's Tactical Air Force Wing 31.

The Luxembourg military had provided support as well, fearing that the Sirens will continue to push inland and attack them.

The Sirens had made a surprise attack on the Belgian town of Bastogne, and the military forces of the area were caught off-guard. The military did their best to evacuate the civilians away from the town, while holding off the invaders and trying to push them back with little to no luck.

Stonehenge railguns were used to help repel the attack, but the railguns overheated from the extensive use and required immediate maintenance, rendering them inoperable. As a result, the Airborne and Armored Divisions were left alone fighting the Sirens ferociously.

"COVERING FIRE!!"

Leopard 2A4 and Leclerc battle tanks were engaged in a counter-artillery against the Siren land vehicles which closely resembled their own tanks. The tanks hit their targets with great accuracy, while they were doing their best to do evasive maneuvers.

The siege has begun, there's nowhere to run.

Up above, the Typhoons from the Tactical Air Force Wing 31 dropped their remaining bombs at the Siren forces below, leaving a wreckage of flames and smoke as they moved away. They headed back to base, as they could no longer help the ground troops due to them running out of munitions.

A French soldier rolled to the side as a plasma round landed meters near him, throwing off dirt in the air. "Putain de merde!"

Major Angela Winters, the leader of the 101st was on her foxhole, firing her M14 battle rifle towards the Sirens, carefully aiming to hit the Sirens' heads with each trigger pull, while laser and plasma rounds kept flying around her.

*BOOM*

Another explosion had occured near Angela, forcing her to duck. Bits of rock and dirt rained down on her, but she ignored it and began firing again at the adversaries.

"Cocksucker!" Angela screamed in rage, pulling the trigger rapidly.

The death toll increasing, they're dying in their holes. Tanks and mortars are shaking the ground. Prey of man and machine, each personnel were nearing their limits, but there's no surrender, there's no retreat, even when the Siren forces are drawing near.

"Major!" A comrade of hers called out. "We're surrounded at all sides!"

Instead of being afraid, Angela gave a terrifying smirk which was enough to make the paratrooper shiver. "We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded." She reloaded her weapon with a fresh magazine. With a fiery resolve, she shouted. "ALL OF YOU, DEFEND BASTOGNE AT ALL COSTS! THE CROSSHOLDS MUST HOLD!"

---

Northern Parliament Base
700 Miles North of Russia
Mess Hall
1600 Hours

"VICTORY!!"

The shipgirls and the pilots of both Mobius and Leopard Squadron celebrated on their victory against Omitter, who was killed in action by the Ribbon Fighter himself. Mobius 9 was relatively unharmed, and was currently with his squadmates.

Soyuz was a bit disheartened because (Y/n) was not present in the party, and didn't know where he was. Rossiya also felt the same way. The two approached the only person who could know on where he was.

"Comrade Monarch." Soyuz called out, catching the redhead's attention. "Where's (Y/n)?"

"He's on the hangar, checking the planes of his wingmen to see what's the problem." Monarch said.

"I see." Soyuz nodded. "Comrade Monarch, can we... talk?"

"Why not talk here?" Monarch insisted.

"It's... kind of private." Rossiya added, blushing a bit.

Monarch smirked lightly, already knowing what's going on. "Very well. Let's talk outside, if that's fine with you. You're on the list, after all."

"List?" Soyuz and Rossiya confusingly asked.

"What list?" Natasha's voice came in from the side, promting them to turn towards her.

"Natasha, is it?" Monarch said.

"Da. Natasha Yekaterina. Why?" Natasha pondered.

Instead of answering her question, the redhead battleship once again pulled out her notebook and added her name, confusing the Russian pilot. She's definately on the list. "We should talk outside, if that's fine with you."

"Of course." Soyuz, Rossiya, and Natasha responded at the same time, completely ignoring the fact that a black underwear - presumably thrown by a drunk Gangut - flew right in front of them.

---

(Y/n), the one in question, was looking at a Raptor, but it was not his. It was Mobius 9's. He was currently being assisted by the maintenance manjuus present on the base.

"Jesus Christ..." (Y/n) mumbled under his breath. "This looks like a hammered shit... Emma's gonna scold me for this."

He was indeed, correct. After Mobius 9's Raptor crashed to the sea, it looked like a toy plane that slammed onto a wall and dropped to the ground. It was unrepairable, and had to be scrapped immediately.

"(Y/n)." Monarch called out from behind him. Behind her was Rossiya, Soyuz, and Natasha.

He turned around to face them. "Oh, hello there. I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend to the party. I had some urgent matters to attend to."

"We know." The four said at the same time.

"So... what brings you here?" He said.

"We want to speak about some private matters." Natasha interjected.

"What is it?" He pressed on.

Soyuz did not say anything further and walked forward. (Y/n) was about to speak up, but was immediately cut off when Soyuz grabbed his collar and smacked her lips against his, surprising him, especially Rossiya and Natasha. Monarch, however, simply let the scene unfold.

After a few seconds, Soyuz separated from him, a string of saliva between them. She hugged him shortly after the kiss, snuggling her head against his chest.

(Y/n), who was still shocked on what just happened, looked at his fiancée nervously, but Monarch gave a reassuring nod.

Soyuz broke the hug and looked directly into his (E/c) eyes. "I know that a girl shouldn't fall in love with a man instantly, but... you're unique, (Y/n). After seeing the Ribbon Fighter himself in combat, I immediately knew the reason why you were chosen to be their Commander. You even manage to defeat Omitter with your own hands. I know that my timing is not the best, but..."

"It's okay." (Y/n) smiled gently and rubbed the back of her head.

"сестра." Rossiya said. "It's our turn, isn't it?"

Soyuz nodded. "Of course."

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what do you mean?"

Instead of getting an answer, Rossiya approached the Ribbon Fighter and kissed him on the lips. Rossiya pulled away shortly after, flushing red from embarrasement. Natasha, however, simply hugged him, satisfied that she finally get to touch the one she loves.

"What the heck is going on...?" He thought aloud.

"Well..." Monarch said with a smirk. "We came to an agreement that we will share you, as long as I'm the alpha~"

"What?" He mumbled, shocked. "Jeez, when did I get the harem?"

"Ever since you entered the base." Monarch answered. "I even have a list."

"How many?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Yes." Monarch said firmly.

(Y/n) shook his head. "I don't know what to feel about this..."

"Don't worry about it, Commander- no, (Y/n), because you are OURS now." Natasha commented. "Isn't that right, comrade Monarch?"

"Right."

---

Northern Parliament Base
Briefing Room
1750 Hours

Right now, (Y/n) was looking at a computer, talking to Wales, Nagato, David, and Emma. He was alone in the room, since he allowed the girls to get some rest.

As expected, Emma scolded (Y/n) for the loss of Mobius 9's Raptor, but she quickly calmed down and underdtood on why he was shot down. But, they've got another situation in their hands.

"They're really stepping up their game." David said.

(Y/n) gave out a frustrated sigh. "How's the situation?"

Emma frowned. "The Sirens were still in Bastogne, and both the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions were still fighting. The Sirens are now advancing towards France, Germany, and already taken the half of Luxembourg."

"They're taking heavy casualties, Commander." David added. "We can't let them reach deep further inland, or else they will take over Europe. We'll send in three transport aircrafts to take care of the damaged jets. One will be deployed for the airborne operation in Bastogne. I'll tell the personnel back in Azur Lane to bring your equipment."

He nodded. "Alright. What else did you get?"

"A high-class Siren is also present on the area. According to the reports, it was Observer Alpha." David explained.

"What a pain in the arse..." (Y/n) muttered. "What's your plan about this?"

Emma clasped her hands together and leaned closer to the screen.

---

The Next Day...

Northern Parliament Base
700 Miles North of Russia
August 4, 2019
0820 Hours

"Alright, all of you, listen up!" (Y/n), now in his tactical gear, marched in front of the shipgirls and stood behind the table that was placed in front. Behind him was a chalkboard, with the whole map of Europe sticked in it. "I know that some of you are still recovering from yesterday's fight, but we need you all."

(Y/n) paused a bit. He pulled out a stick and pointed the tip at the map - more precisely, the location of Bastogne. "While we were occupied with the Sirens yesterday, the bastards launched a surprise attack on the Belgian town of Bastogne. The 82nd and 101st Airborne Division were on the besieged town, defending it since yesterday."

"They had finally reached on land?" Enterprise cut in.

"Did you forget that they have teleportation witchcraft?" (Y/n) said.

"Oh..." Enterprise cooed.

"Hey, what about those railguns you said to us before? What was it? Stonehead?" Monarch asked.

"It's 'Stonehenge', and yes, they were used to help repel the attack, but the railguns overheated and needed immediate repairs." The Ribbon Fighter explained. "I had a talk with the representative of ISAF yesterday, and she said that the Sirens had began already pushing towards Germany, France, and Luxembourg. Reports also claimed that a high-class Siren codenamed Observer Alpha is present in Bastogne. We need to move fast, or the town will fall to the Sirens' hands."

"What a pain..." Hornet mumbled.

"Akagi will gladly burn them to the ground for Shikikan-sama... Hehehehehe~" Akagi whispered with a giggle and a murderous intent.

'Sometimes, having a yandere sister is scary...' Kaga nervously thought.

"So, here's the plan." (Y/n) went on. "Due to my squadmates having damaged planes, they will sit this one out. Task Force Peacekeepers will drop over Bastogne from a C-17 Globemaster. We're the only task force from Azur Lane to drop there, so be careful. After that, we will search for Angela Winters, the leader of the 101st, and help her group defend Bastogne. This operation will be named 'Operation: Long Day'. All of you, get ready!"

"Hoorah!" The shipgirls shouted and went out of the room.

(Y/n) followed after the task force and directed them to the airfield. As they arrived there, a C-17 Globemaster III was already waiting for them, as each shipgirl boarded the transport craft one by one.

"(Y/n)." Soyuz's voice catched his attention.

"What is it?" He queried.

"Take care." Soyuz said.

"I will. I will visit back when I get the chance." (Y/n) added. "Take care as well, Soyuz. Just call us if you need a hand."

"I will hold you to those words, (Y/n)." Soyuz nodded. "I believe you must go now."

"Indeed. Farewell, Soyuz."

"Goodbye, (Y/n)."

After saying their goodbyes with each other, (Y/n) went to the plane and went inside, where the whole Task Force Peacekeepers was waiting for him.

The cargo door closed shortly after. The C-17's engines roared louder and louder as the plane taxied on the runway. It soon moved forward and took off, it's sillhouette slowly disappearing in the dark sky.

---

C-17 Globemaster III
25,000 Feet, 25 Kilometers North of Bastogne
1147 Hours

After travelling for more than three hours, the members of Task Force Peacekeepers steeled themselves for what's coming. The C-17 was escorted by Eurofighter Typhoons as they flew at top speed. Operation: Long Day is a go.

(Y/n) was loading .50 caliber rounds onto a magazine of his M82 anti-material rifle, which he brought with him, instead of his usual M4A1. On his hip holster was his trusty M1911, although it was modified a bit to have longer range and accuracy.

He loaded the magazine onto the rifle and pulled the charging handle. He took a small peek on the small opening before letting it go, as a resounding smack echoed in the cargo bay, signalling the girls that he's ready.

He checked his watch; 1149 hours. "Alright, buckle up!"

On cue, the shigirls stood and lined up as they waited for (Y/n) to finish equipping his parachute. Once done, the Ribbon Fighter walked to the front of the shipgirls. "20 seconds to drop!"

The shipgirls stood firmly, and waited. The ramp slowly opened, allowing wind to rush inside the cargo bay.

10

...

9

...

7

...

6

...

5

...

3

...

2

...

(Y/n) took a few step back and jumped out of the plane. "GERONIMO!!!"

As he fell from the plane, he felt the wind smacking all over his face, gliding through his whole body, and the adrenaline of was rushing through his veins. He leaned forward, his arms spread outward, his legs scissored apart and bent upward at the knees, allowing himself to fall to the ground.

(Y/n) glanced from behind and saw the rest of the task force falling a few feet away from him. He looked back to the ground and saw explosions erupting all around. He pulled his parachute string and felt a tug as the chute opened, slowing down his descent.

The shipgirls, however, simply summoned their riggings and floated in the air. The exact reason behind this is still unknown, but it just works.

As (Y/n)'s feet landed on the ground, he quickly covers his head with his arm and threw himself sideways, distributing the shock sequencially along his body.

He groaned a bit and stood up, detaching the parachute from him. He looked around him - he landed in an open area full of trees. Many were burned, perfectly cut in halves - presumambly by laser beams, and the soil he was standing in is full of holes, caused by artillery shots.

The shipgirls soon landed near him, all relatively unharmed. They gathered around and approached him.

He grabbed the M82 from his back and faced them. "Alright, you guys remembered the plan?"

The shipgirls nodded.

"Good." He said. "We were dropped 7 kilometers away from Bastogne, and we have to make our way on foot. Let's move, and stay frosty."

And so, the task force made their way along the woods, constantly being on alert. Muffled gunshots suddenly resonated, as (Y/n) raised his fist, signalling the girls to stop.

They immediately formed a defensive perimeter as (Y/n) finds a suitable sniping position. He kneeled down and looked through the scope.

What he saw was the soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division on their foxholes, and among them was Major Angela Winters as they fend off the Sirens that were closing in to their position.

The soldiers were in a safe distance away from the Sirens, so he doesn't have to worry about them getting caught in the bombardment.

"Humanoids and tanks..." He mumbled, adjusting the scope. "Monarch, Takao, Atago, prepare your cannons."

"Hai." The mentioned cruisers positioned themselves a few meters behind him.

"As you wish." Monarch acknowledged.

(Y/n) took aim at one of the Sirens, took a deep breath, and pulled the trigger.

*bang*

The .50 caliber round hit one of the humanoid Sirens directly on the head, spilling yellow liquid all over.

"One."

From the scope, he could see the soldiers' surprised and confused expressions, but he continued on and picked his second target.

*bang*

"Two."

*bang*

"Three."

*bang*

"Four." He said, and shifted a bit to get a better angle.

*bang*

"Five."

*bang*

"That's six. Monarch, Atago, Takao, you're cleared hot." (Y/n) remarked.

"Ryōkai!" Takao and Atago said at the same time.

"Got it." Monarch said.

Monarch and the cruisers adjusted the angle of their cannons, and fired. Their turrets roared as artillery shells soared in the air, and rained down at the Siren tanks, rendering them useless and inoperable.

"Good shot, ladies." (Y/n) praised.

'Kyaa~! Shikikan praised me~!' Atago thought.

"Monarch, Hornet, Kaga, Akagi, Bismarck, and Enterprise, on me. The rest will support the 82nd Airborne Division in the east. Got it?" (Y/n) said.

"Got it." The shipgirls responded as the others went to the east to support the said division.

Those who remained went with the Ribbon Fighter as they make their way towards the battered soldiers. They soon met up with Angela, who was delightened to see them.

"Commander (Y/n) (L/n), Azur Lane." He introduced himself.

"Major Angela Winters, 101st Airborne Division." Angela introduced herself.

"What's the situation?" He asked.

"Everything's a fucking mess." Angela answered. "We wouldn't even made it out alive if it wasn't for you guys."

"I see." (Y/n) said and faced his group. "Take care of the wounded and take them away from the battlefield."

The shipgirls complied with his order and began tending the injured soldiers, while the others were finally allowed to rest.

(Y/n) cleared his throat. "Where's Observer Alpha?"

Angela gave a frustrated sigh. "Ah, that tentacled bitch? We saw her but we didn't dare fight her. She's the reason why we almost lost Bastogne in the first place. Many paratroopers are dead, and the last thing I know is that they've already breached the border of France, Luxembourg, and Germany."

(Y/n) nodded. "Where was her last location?"

"Don't know." Angela shrugged. "But we're being careful with her."

Angela's radio suddenly crackled. "Whiplash, this is Blackbeared. How's the situation on your end? Over."

"This is Whiplash. Commander (L/n) arrived to aid us. Over." Angela answered.

"Roger. We're approaching your location. ETA: Fifteen mikes. Over." Blackbeared responded.

"Copy that. Out." Angela said, and the conversation ended.

"Choppers?" (Y/n) said.

"Yep." Angela replied. "We need to hold out a bit longer. That laser almost cooked my ass..."

"O...kay..." (Y/n) mumbled awkwardly.

"SIRENS!!" A paratrooper shouted as he peeked out of his foxhole.

"Shit! Carriers, provide air cover! Battleships, provide artillery support!" (Y/n) ordered as he rushed to an unoccupied M2 Browning. He pulled the charging handle back and let it go as a resounding smack filled his ears.

Now locked and loaded, (Y/n) presses the trigger, sending a hail of supersonic bullets out of its flaming barrel towards the incoming attackers.

Like a man possessed, he fires relentlessly as streams of empty shells pour out from the gun, all the while bearing the deadly smile of a berserk viking.

Angela, who was on a foxhole near his, noticed the killer smile on his face and gulped, thinking if the Commander of Azur Lane was always a battle maniac or just crazy, but she has no time to think about it now.

She picked up an RPG and aimed at one of the Siren tanks. Angela fired as the rocket streamed in the air, and hit the Siren tank directly.

In the air, Hellcats dropped their bombs at the wave of incoming Siren horde, while the Zeros gunned down the incoming aircrafts that were attempting to dive down on the soldiers below.

Monarch and Bismarck successfully took out the enemy tanks with their cannons, all the while keeping a watchful eye to make sure no Siren could sneak up on their formation.

.50 caliber bullets continued to stream down at the humanoid Sirens, tearing them apart as armor-piercing rounds pierced through them like a hot knife through butter.

After a few moments, the M2 Browning finally ran out of ammo and falls silent, its barrel smoking from the continuous firing. But, he's not going to stop there.

(Y/n) picked up his anti-material rifle, deployed the bipod, and once again picked off the humanoids one by one.

When he was about to reload, the enemy horde suddenly stopped advancing, confusing them as to why they came into a halt. However, it was not enough reason to let their guard down.

"Commander!" Angela called out as she got out of her foxhole and went to his. "The Sirens sent this letter to you. It says something about surrendering."

The Ribbon Fighter raised an eyebrow. "They want to surrender?"

"Hold on, let me check..." Angela said and read the contents, mumbling softly as her eyes darted on the written sentences. "No, sir, they want us to surrender."

(Y/n) took out the empty magazine and loaded a fresh one. "Nuts!"

---

Word Count: 3891 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 8.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
427K 27K 91
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
733K 34.9K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
442K 12.9K 102
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc