𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐨...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 36

1.3K 75 61
By namjoons_miss_right

Author's POV

As Namjoon walks to his spot, he glanced back to where he left Seoyeon. A small smile left his lips when he saw that she's reading a magazine while comfortably sitting on the sofa. At least, his friend is enjoying her time. Then Namjoon proceeded to where his stylist is. Just like what you usually experience in a place like this, the stylist covers Namjoon's top with the hairdressing cape.

"What kind of haircut are we upto, Joon-ah?" The stylist, same man a while ago, asked as he look at Namjoon's reflection on the mirror in front.

"I'll get a medium-length cut, hyung." Namjoon replied and the stylist smiled as he nods.

The stylist sprayed Namjoon's hair with water as the start of his cut. While the stylist does his work, Namjoon browsed on his phone to check something, at the same time to check on his daughter, who is with his parents. Back story, before leaving the house, Namjoon left Hwayoung at his parent's house to spend time with her grandparents. It was already planned, that's why he was supposed to be alone in this trip but not until Seoyeon agreed to come with him.

"This is the first time you brought a girl aside from Hwayoung and Seyoung." The stylist mentioned, making Namjoon to look up from his phone to the reflection of the stylist on the mirror. "She must be a special friend." He smiled as he glance at Namjoon.

"Well, aside from being my friend, she's also my secretary. She has been working with me for the past few years. As far as I remember, she became ny secretary back when Hwayoung had her first birthday." Namjoon stated.

"Oh, really?" The stylist seems interested, a brow raised, as he continues to cut Namjoon's hair. "I can tell that she is surely a trustworthy person for you to become friends with her." And Namjoon smiled as a sign of agreement.

"She's really a dependable and responsible person. I'm really fortunate that she's my secretary and friend." Namjoon commented with a hint of pride in his voice.

"Are you sure you only see her as your friend and secretary though?" The stylist asked in a low-key intrigued manner.

"Why, of course." Namjoon answered, but he notice the smirk on the stylist's face, making him frown. "Hyung, she's just a good friend of mine."

"I've heard that answer already, Namjoon." The stylist chuckled slightly, leaving Namjoon confused, so he continued, "Do you remember back in the time when my father was still the barber of this shop?" And Namjoon nodded, "You and your father came here, but you brought Seyoung for the first time. I asked you if she's your girlfriend, but you've told me that she was just a good friend of yours. It continued until one day, you just came back here, with her as your girlfriend."

"Wow," Namjoon chortled, "You still remember those things?" He asked in disbelief.

"Of course. As if I didn't witness how your relationship with Seyoung bloomed. I even became your stylist at your wedding day!" He beamed while Namjoon smiled sadly as he reminisce those days.

"I miss her everyday, hyung." Namjoon sighed, the atmosphere suddenly became gloomy. "It's so hard, but I've accepted it." He even added.

"You've spent a big part of your life loving her and having her as your greatest half." The stylist exhaled deeply as he proceed to brush off the hair from the cape. "But you should give yourself and your heart another chance, Namjoon. Who knows? Maybe you are suppose to meet someone else, the one who will spend a lifetime with you and your daughter. Maybe someone whom you can trust your heart with." The stylist then held his shoulders as he gaze at Namjoon's reflection. "And maybe that someone is just around you, so don't be blind." He smiled as he tap Namjoon's shoulders.

"What do you mean? Who is that someone?" Namjoon asked curiously, making the stylist laugh a little.

"It's for you to find out. There are so many women in South Korea, I'm sure you'll find that someone." He shrugged.

"Ugh, I don't have time to search the whole country for that." Namjoon pouted slightly as his brows furrowed.

"Then maybe you should start to look at the people near you." And at the same time, the stylist turned his face at the direction where it is near Seoyeon's spot.

Namjoon followed his eyes, "You mean, my secretary?" He questioned after noticing.

"I don't know. Besides, I never mentioned anything."

"But you were looking at her." Namjoon reasoned out.

"Who told you that? You weren't even sure if I was looking at her or at someone else." The stylist smirked, knowing that there were tons of women walking pass the glass wall beside the lounge area. "Your eyes immediately found her, because you were searching for her the moment you looked at that direction." He pointed out. "Well, your hair is done now. Why don't you show it to her?" And the stylist left Namjoon, still stiff from what he heard, but with his new hairstyle.

Shaking off his thoughts, he glanced at the mirror and studied his hair. It looks good on him and he's happy with it. He then decided to stand up and show it to Seoyeon. As he gets near her, his mind goes back to what the stylist said. But he know she can't be part of that so called 'someone', because she's already someone else's. And all of a sudden, Seoyeon looked up and their eyes met. Namjoon felt a pinch on his chest, as if his heart ached.

"Are you done with your cut, Namjoon-ssi?" She asked with a smile as she stands up and walked over.

His brows furrowed as his feet stopped walking. Why is he suddenly seeing Seyoung in her? Her dress, the way her hair was tied in a half-up ponytail. Is he hallucinating? Meanwhile, Seoyeon felt quite odd with the way Namjoon just stood there and stared at her. She saw mixture of emotions in his eyes: stunned and sadness go above all.

"Is.... Is there something wrong?" She hesitantly asked and it was as if Namjoon snapped out of it.

Finally, he's seeing Seoyeon and not his late wife. He coughed a little and rubbed his eyes to make sure. And a sigh of relief escaped him to see that he was just mistaken.

"Everything's fine." He smiled, "How's my cut? Is it nice? Does it fit me?" He bombarded as he tilt his head side ways to show it to Seoyeon.

"It looks perfect on you." She replied happily, glad that she chose the right haircut and that her job is still secured.

"That's great! Thank you for suggesting it." Namjoon then gave her his most sincere smile that makes his eyes turn into crescents, dimples poking in.

She felt soft to see him that way for the first time. He doesn't look like the boss she knows. He looks really adorable. Usually, Seoyeon finds his smile small and professional, but this one will be added to the list.

"I'm glad you liked it." She said in ease.

"By the way, it's almost lunch time." Namjoon mentioned as he glance at his rolex. "Let's find a place to eat, shall we?" He offered, and even though she's quite unsure, she nodded.

The staffs bid and thanked them for visiting the shop as they leave, but before that, Namjoon turned around to look at his stylist. He received a smile and nod from him, so Namjoon smiled back and finally left the shop with Seoyeon. On the other hand, Seoyeon is getting a little nervous about the lunch. It's not because she's with him, but because she doesn't think that she can afford to eat lunch at this kind of place. Even though she receives a good amount of salary, spending most of it for a meal that is so small is something she would never do.

"Where do you want to eat, Seoyeon?" Namjoon asked that took her attention.

"Uh, anywhere?" But in her mind, she would rather cook ramen that costs less than a dollar.

"Well, I have this favorite Japanese restaurant. Would you like to eat there?" Namjoon glanced at her for a moment and he can't help but to chuckle slightly to see her having a little mental crisis again.

"Yeah, sure." The words left her mouth nonchalantly, as if she cannot decide whether to leave him or just go with him.

"Okay. Let's eat there." He beamed.

Seoyeon just followed him until they reached a very huge restaurant. It is slowly getting filled with people since it is near lunch time. If you look around, it looks like everyone is having a buffet at how much the food is on every table. When they were at the entrance, a crew greeted them.

"Welcome to Emperor's Feast! Do you have reservations, sir?" She asked with a knowing smile.

"No, but is there a table available for two?" Namjoon asked.

"Of course, sir. I will show you." She motioned for them to enter.

While they're walking farther inside, Seoyeon noticed the crew leading them. She's walking as if she's trying to flaunt her curves, while also poising herself to look attractive. At first, Seoyeon was confused and checked the other female crews but saw nothing wrong with them. They seem to act normally aside from the one assigned to them. When Seoyeon looked back at the girl, she caught her glancing back at Namjoon with a seducing gaze. Seoyeon frowned in disgust as she glances at Namjoon beside her, yet saw that Namjoon wasn't paying attention to the female crew.

"Tsk, flirt." She mumbled inaudibly.

After the long of walking and looking for available table, they finally found one. Few more crews came to assist the two as they take their seat. The menu was given to them, then the other crews left aside from the girl.

"What do you want to eat, Seoyeon?" Namjoon asked as he looks at her, who is seated across him.

"Well, can you recommend the best one among these?" She smiled, and Namjoon excitedly nodded, since he knows this place more.

While Namjoon eyes the menu for the food he thinks she would like, Seoyeon glanced at the crew standing beside him. She looks so fond of Namjoon and if given a chance, she's the type to cling onto him like a leech.

"Okay, we're ready to order." Namjoon motioned at the menu and told the girl all his orders, while she jots them down.

"Good choices. Would that be all, sir?" She asked, not even minding Seoyeon's existence which made her scoff secretly.

"Would you like to add something else?" Namjoon asked Seoyeon, who just shook her head. "Yes, that would be all. Thank you." And the crew walked away while being followed by Seoyeon's gaze.

Seoyeon just sat quietly and would occasionally glance at the female crew, who never left the counter while eyes were plastered on Namjoon. No, she's not jealous or anything. She's pissed with the fact that she was treated that way, as if Namjoon was the only person eating at this place. She felt disrespected at some point. Meanwhile, Namjoon just sat there and curiously watched how Seoyeon's expression changes. He noticed her glancing behind him, so Namjoon turned his head around only to meet the female crew's gaze and received a wink. He slowly turned his head back and got startled when he saw Seoyeon looking at him with brows furrowed.

"Uh, what's wrong?" He asked innocently.

"Nothing...." Seoyeon murmured as she divert her gaze.

"Come on, tell me. What is it?" He insisted as he leaned closer to the table.

"It's nothing, don't mind it." She persisted, so Namjoon just hummed and nodded.

He had never seen her this tensed and almost mad. Even though he wants to laugh a little, he knows how dangerous women could be so he just stayed put. A few minutes later, the female crew arrived at their table with a food cart filled with their orders. As the crew placed the plates on the table, Namjoon noticed Seoyeon's pout as she glared lowly. He pursed his lips to stop himself from smiling.

"Is there anything you would request, sir?" The crew suddenly spoke, getting Namjoon's attention.

"Nothing. You may leave." He uttered and the crew bowed, but she went lower and purposely exposed her cleavage at him.

Namjoon immediately looked away and acted as if he's unfolding his table napkin. When the crew left, he exhaled in relief but heard a scoff from Seoyeon. He watched her unfold her table napkin while sulking, which made her utterly cute in Namjoon's eyes.

"Eat well, Seoyeon." He stated knowingly.

"Likewise, Namjoon-ssi." She replied without paying attention to him.

"Here. Try this first." He then picked-up his chopsticks and used it to place three sashimi on her plate, which surprised Seoyeon a little. "It's fine. We're friends today, not co-workers." He smiled when she was about to rebut.

"Thank you," She mouthed, a little bit calmer than a while ago.

"Don't worry about that crew. Just enjoy the meal, okay?" He reminded, so she nodded as she picks up her chopsticks.

The two ate their own buffet of various Japanese meals. As they eat, they began to tell each other some facts about themselves. It's either Seoyeon's impression to Namjoon and vice versa.

"So, you really hated me at some point?" He teased as he took a sip of his iced tea.

"Yes, I have. Well, it's because you were so rude and more like a jerk back then." She replied unconsciously, astounding Namjoon with her remarks. "Uhm, I'm telling you that as a friend." She chuckled timidly after realizing what she had just said.

"I won't oppose. I was indeed a mess, but I'm glad I changed. If I'm mistaken, I have told you that it was you who actually made me realize how much of a jerk I was." He uttered as he place some of the tempura on her plate. "Eat up, there's a lot of food." He interjected.

"We have so much food, can we even finish all of these?" She laughed as she dip the tempura on its sauce. "I think this is my last piece because I already feel full." She added before taking a bite.

"Do you want to take them home? You said that you'll be alone for the weekend, you can indulge these at home." He suggested, "Wait, I'll call someone to pack these." He then pressed the buzzer on the side to call a crew.

Fortunately, a different crew went to accommodate Namjoon's concern. He told the crew what he wanted, which is to take these home, and secretly added another order for her. He actually noticed that Seoyeon enjoyed the tempura and sushi, that's why he added those. Besides, it's his way of thanking her too.

"By the way," He called and Seoyeon looked at him with asking eyes. "We still have somewhere else to be. Is it okay with you?" He asked and Seoyeon just nodded, because she's already here with him so there's no point of disagreeing.

They just waited for their take out before leaving the restaurant. Namjoon already paid for everything, so there's no need for Seoyeon to worry about it. Now, they're currently walking around the mall. Seoyeon just followed him until they stopped by a salon.

"A salon?" She muttered, confused.

"Let's go?" Namjoon beamed at her and then tilted his head for her to follow him.

Even though she's quite unsure why Namjoon would go to a salon, she entered while eyes are wandering around the place. It's like a all in one salon, where you can style your hair, have manicure and pedicure, and make-up. She followed him to the counter, where a staff greeted them. She wasn't paying attention not until she heard why they're here.

[A/N: I'm so stressed right now because my deadline is tomorrow and I still have a few things undone, especially research. But of course, I love you all so here's a long chapter! Hope y'all like it!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 369 24
A story in which a man named Jeon Jungkook works hard and wants to replace his father and be the Ceo of their company. It's his first priority and mo...
175K 4.9K 32
Kim taehyung, a very rich CEO was forced to marry a women who have a daughter But things don't go well, both souls were having feelings for each othe...
8.7K 316 20
" I can help you but there is one thing you need to do for me in return, you and I will get married " - Jungkook A girl that was born with a bone ca...
270K 10.4K 57
I am Park y/n. I live in New York with my mom and my precious daughter. My own daughter Kim Taehee who is 3 years old. I love my daughter very much...