Smells Like Teen Spirit

By cocowritesfics

!REUPLOAD BY AUTHOR FROM AO3! A very sarcastic DSMP Highschool AU that will generally follow the plot of the... More

The Disc Saga
The Karlnapity "Wedding"
The L'Manberg Revolution
The Beach Episode
The Election
Pogtopia

Homecoming (Overlaps With Pogtopia)

13 0 0
By cocowritesfics

"Good morning everyone!" Schlatt announced.

"Who allowed this" Phil whispered to Kristin.

"Him, and whoever put the history teacher in charge of class elections," Kristin replied.

"I'm glad you're not blaming me, however, Wil is," Phil sighed.

"Well, he's just a sore loser, I guess," Kristin shrugs.

Phil looked over at her.

She looked just as upset about Schlatt running and doing all the class President duties like he had before for so many years. Still, Phil couldn't get over how pretty she looked. No matter what emotion was going through the room, she always exuded the possibility that everything would get better. Somehow making her prettier, as if by magic.

"I know we're not supposed to have favorites but, I did prefer Wilbur being President," Kristin sighs.

"Same here, he wouldn't come home every day fuming about how Schlatt's planning something to happen at homecoming, how Sally broke up with him, and Techno's potatoes," Phil sighed.

"Wait, what?" Kristin asked.

"What part are you asking about?" Phil laughed.

"All of it? He's one dramatic kid," Kristin smiles.

"Yeah," Phil sighed, smiling.

"Hey, at least you'll get a night off of that with homecoming," Kristin smirks and was she...blushing?

"Yeah, I guess," Phil smiles.

"So, you going with anyone?" She teases.

"What?" Phil laughs.

"Yeah, because there's this guy I really like but I don't know if he'll say yes," Kristin jokes.

"Well, who wouldn't-" Phil finally got the joke, "oh,"

"Wait," Kristin laughed, "you didn't get it?"

"I do now," he laughed, "I would love to!"

"Pick me up at four," she smiles and walks out of the office.

And Phil silently celebrates.
———
The bell rang for second period, and while the rest of their friends had ran ahead to torment the next teacher, Dream and Sapnap were left alone together in the hallway.

"I need your help,"

Dream didn't want to admit it, but Sapnap was the only one he felt like he <i>could</i> admit it to.

"What's up?" Sapnap asked.

"I think..." Dream began, "I think I want to ask George to homecoming,"

"Oh my god, dude don't you think you're taking this joke a little too far?" Sapnap laughs.

"No, I'm serious, I..." Dream fumbled, "I like George, I really do, no jokes, no teasing, no nothing, it's all been real..."

"Whoa..." Sapnap's eyes widened, "good for you dude, that's a scary thing to admit,"

"Yeah...so...any advice?" Dream sighs.

Sapnap thought for a moment, "No idea, but I think he likes you too, don't worry, if he says no, he's probably just as nervous as you,"

"Thanks," Dream rolls his eyes, "this isn't terrifying at all..."

"So, you were the one who chickened out!" Sapnap laughs at the realization, "both occasions!? He didn't duck out of the way, and those weren't candies were they? You <i>did</i> want to kiss him! You were just scared! Dream Was Taken Puffy was fucking scared!"

"Shut up!" Dream's face turned bright red

"Dream Not Found is canon!" Sapnap laughed.

"What the fuck are you saying!?" Dream asked.

"Oh, shit, I need to tell Karl, can I? Please?" Sapnap begs.

"Fine, but not Quackity," Dream sighs, smiling.

"Oh my god!" Sapnap mutters and rushes into their Math classroom to tell Karl.

And there was George.

Wow, does admitting your feelings make someone cuter?
———
"Homecoming's this Friday," Tubbo smirks at Ranboo.

The two were taking care of Michael on another off-day where he had to be at Ranboo's.

"Oh yeah?" Ranboo asks.

"So, sexy..." Tubbo begins.

"Hmm? Are you talking to me?" Ranboo teases.

"Homecoming to with me go?" Tubbo sputtered.

"What?" Ranboo laughed.

"You heard me!" Tubbo smiled.

"Sure," Ranboo shrugged.

"He said yes!" Tubbo cheered.

Micheal laughed and began clapping.

Tubbo fake gasped, "our son!"

"Tubbo, whatever you're thinking-" Ranboo warned.

"Can we please ask his parents if we can take him?" Tubbo begged.

"Tubbo-"

"Please,"

Even Micheal was now begging...if you call nodding aggressively along with what Tubbo was saying, begging.

"We can <i>ask</i>," Ranboo answers.

"Whoo! Yeah! We can bring this child in a suit!" Tubbo cheers, picking up Micheal on his shoulders.

"Sure..." Ranboo laughed.

"He needs a sword," Tubbo says suddenly.

"No,"
———
Sam.

He has a life outside of his annoying job. He loves teaching, he really does, just kids these days are so annoying.

And even still he's been trying to land a date with the English teacher, Mr. Ponk, for so long it's been absolutely ridiculous!

And when he finally landed one, for homecoming, that is, he had to pretend it wasn't happening.

Besides, his own students were having their own relationship issues.

Mask and sunglasses from first period had just discovered that they really like each other, and aren't just good friends who flirt sometimes.

And Fish-girl broke up with boy-band because he's selfish.

And the kid who wears the same T-Shirt every day and thinks no one notices has a crush on moth-face.

And something's going on with Black-and-white giant and bee boy, but it's hard to tell exactly what.

See? He listens.

And running detention for t-shirt, boy-band, and bee boy is more complicated than it looks. Especially with ram-eyes watching over.

Oh, Ram-eyes isn't a student...that's Schlatt.

Ponk is the only one at the school who doesn't have a nickname.

His name already sounds like one.

Like a stone dropping into water.

"Ey, Sam! Watch these kids for a minute! Stop dazing!" Schlatt glares, and walks out of the room.

Great.

Just great.
———
"Isn't it so weird we don't have homework?" Karl laughed.

"Yeah, like History, pretty normal, Science, fantastic, English, weird but okay, Math, slightly weirder, Computer Science, now it's suspicious!" Sapnap clarifies.

"Yeah," Quackity laughed, "like Mr. Dude wants to give us detention every other day and like a gazillion lines of code for homework, what gives?"

"Homecoming tomorrow probably," Karl shrugs.

"Oh, that reminds me!" Sapnap snaps.

"What?" Quackity asks.

"Uhh, Mr. Ninja wanted me to join the football team," Sapnap quickly lied, "I think it's too late now,"

"Oh, yeah...I kinda forgot we had gym class," Quackity shrugs.

"Yeah, same, it's been like, two weeks and I can remember like one time I was in the gym," Karl laughs.

"Yeah, well, I gotta go guys, see ya later?" Quackity nods to the apartments.

"Oh, yeah, see ya!" Karl waves to Sapnap.

"Wait, Karl I need to talk to you for a second," Sapnap calls.

"Okay, sure," Karl shrugged, "you can go ahead, Quackity,"

Quackity did as he was told and made his way back to the apartments.

"So, what happened with Dream and George?"
———
"How the fuck did you know?" Sapnap says, taken aback.

"You didn't want Quackity to hear, since he's...loud..." Karl nods, "and also he would totally blab as soon as he got the chance"

"Fair," Sapnap laughs.

"So what is it?"

"Dream's gonna ask George to homecoming,"

"Wait what!?"

Both boys were laughing.

"You're kidding, right?" Karl asked.

"You would think," Sapnap sighs.

"So, they're real, like, requited..." Karl mutters.

"What?" Sapnap asks.

"M'kay, so, at the wedding George told Niki, Eret, and I that he liked Dream," Karl explains, "and then Dream's mom texted me asking what was going on and I assumed it had something to do with George but I didn't say anything..."

"Oh my god they're idiots," Sapnap laughs.

"Right? Like, they both think the other is pulling a big prank on them, like, them going to homecoming together would be what the entire school wants!" Karl laughs.

The two stand in mutual excitement.

"This is gonna be a disaster," Sapnap scoffs.

"Bet you ten bucks Fundy ruins it!" Karl smirks.

"Why would <i>Fundy</i> ruin it?" Sapnap asks.

"Because he's been listening from behind that tree the entire time,"

There was suddenly a dash of bright orange hair and a black jacket.
———
So what if he knew?

Everyone basically knew.

It just really hit him when he saw Karl and Sapnap, Dream's two closest friends gossiping really loudly.

And that's when it hit Fundy.

He never had a chance.

It was so long ago when he invited Dream to see Treasure Planet.

It had been so long since they'd hung out just the two of them.

And with L'Manburg being a thing now?

He had absolutely no chance.

Especially with someone like George existing.

The man practically radiated pretty privilege.

Even if Fundy <i>had</i> managed a date with him, there was no way they'd stick together the entire night.

Even if George didn't exist, every person Dream seems to come across practically turns to a flustered mess at just the sound of his voice.

Even Fundy.

"Oh, hey Funds!" Quackity waved as Fundy rushed into the building.

"Oh, hi!" Fundy sputters.

"Are you okay?"

"Just great. Quick question, do you know if Dream's going to homecoming with anyone?"
———
"Okay man, you got this! Your hair looks good, you got the flowers, if he says no he's an idiot!" Karl laughs.

"Yeah, why am I in a suit?" Dream asks.

"Oh come on, that's just the shirt and pants, that's barely a suit!" Sapnap complains.

"This is stupid," Dream flushes, "I'm not doing this shit, I'll just ask him to dance there and pass it off as a joke,"

"Dream Was Taken Puffy! The man who woos the entirety of Chat high just by speaking, is afraid to ask out his best friend!" Karl scoffs.

"I hate you both," Dream sighs, "also why does Karl have to be involved?"

"Because I said so," Sapnap replies, quickly.

"Yeah, also I'm a honking delight," Karl nods.

"Seems like you two have side motivations for this," Dream replies, "fine, I'll ask him, but if I get rejected you both have to miss homecoming,"

"Don't drag Karl into this!" Sapnap yelled.

"<i>You</i> dragged Karl into this!" Dream rolled his eyes, "fine, just Sapnap, to comfort me,"

"You need someone to comfort you?" Karl snickers.

"You don't know my family do you?" Dream asks.

"Go get 'em tiger!" Sapnap jokes.

Dream rolls his eyes and leaves.

"Karl, you need to get George to ask Dream out, and FAST!"
———
Schlatt was a pain into the ass to work with. But who else did Quackity have to hang out with?

Karl, Sapnap, and Dream were all working on some secret thing Quackity shouldn't know about.

And George was somehow involved, but he refused to say that he knew anything.

And even Fundy might've been involved, he wanted Quackity to set him and Dream up, but Dream had been carrying around a giant bouquet, so that was out of the question.

"Hey, Ducky, are you making those posters? We needed those yesterday!" Schlatt complained.

"This isn't even our job! Why are we doing this?" Quackity complains.

"Because, nobody wants to do shit with us in power!" Schlatt scowls, "we have no committee, even Bad and Puff are upset with me!"

"That makes sense," Quackity muttered, going back to coloring in the giant bubble letters.

"What?" Schlatt asked.

"I don't want to do this, nobody does! I might actually go to Wilbur! He's right you know, you're abusing your power, this should be illegal!" Quackity yells.

"I haven't done anything yet, Ducky," Schlatt smirked, "and you know what I know,"

"What you're planning there <i>is</i> illegal! You can't just-"

"It's too late! And if you <i>do</i> go to them you can't tell a soul on their side what's to happen, do you understand?"

"Fuck you, Schlatt, actually, fuck you,"
———
"What the hell are you doing here, Quackity?" Wilbur muttered.

"I would ask you the same, why are you in the library?" Quackity asked, running his knuckles around the spines of the biography section.

"Because I needed ideas for our revolution, thanks for asking," Wilbur sighed, picking up a book and then placing it back.

"Look, we both don't like Schlatt-" Quackity begins.

"Wait, since when?" Wilbur smirks.

"Since Schlatt made me do shit he didn't want to do, I'm more the president then him, I was only running against you so you couldn't win, I didn't expect...this," Quackity sighed.

"What's <i>this?</i>" Wilbur asks, turning towards Quackity, finally.

Quackity turns and the two finally lock eyes.

"We both don't like Schlatt and my friends aren't being the nicest to me right now," Quackity sighs.

"I can relate," Wilbur bites his lip, "My girl-my...ex-girlfriend is being a prick, and Tubbo's being a traitor-"

"Do you always talk so much?" Quackity smirks.

"I believe you get nowhere by staying quiet," Wilbur pushes his hand up against the tall shelves behind Quackity.

"You know, there's a thing called shutting up, you should try it sometime," Quackity smirks and grabs Wilbur's arm.

"Make me," Wilbur smirks, bending down to Quackity's level.

It happened swiftly, Quackity clinging to Wilbur's face with his hands. Their lips pressed together. It felt wrong and stupid, but Quackity had been wrong, and Wilbur was clearly stupid.

Their heartbeats lined up, and with their chests pressed together, everything felt right in a moment.

And when they pulled apart, both had realized what exactly had just conspired.

"Nobody has to know," Wilbur stated, more like he'd just been in a business meeting.

"Agreed, that felt wrong," Quackity shuddered.

Wilbur stuck out his hand and Quackity shook it.

And just like that, with an awkward handshake, it was over.
———
"Okay, Tommy, you got this, just ask the scary girl to homecoming," Tommy whispered, staring himself down in the bathroom mirror.

"You know, it's less creepy when there's no one in the bathroom," Tubbo suggests, leaning against a sink.

"Oh, shut up two-bo," Tommy muttered.

"I'm just saying," he laughed, "do you really have to ask her out?"

Tommy ignored the question, "hey, how'd you get a date anyway?"

"Platonic date," Tubbo clarifies, "and just because I landed Ranboo doesn't mean I know how I did it,"

"I think Ranboo landed you," Tommy smirked.

"Shut up," Tubbo laughs.

The two make their way out the door of the bathroom and into the hallway.

"I'm just saying, her? You could table the platonic date route, like me, I don't think Purpled has anyone," Tubbo suggests.

"Purpled has literally said that he's not going," Tommy rolls his eyes, "besides, Clementine..."

"She's pretty, I get it," Tubbo laughs, "where is she? You could ask her out right now!"

"Yeah! I'm a big man! I can do it!"

"Hey Tommathy,"

"Gah! How long have you been there!?"

Behind Tommy stood the last person he wanted to see, Clementine.

Her brown hair curled and placed into space buns, with loose strands framing her pale face, light freckles over the bridge of her nose. Her startling grey eyes staring at, no, judging him.

"Long enough, you want to ask me to homecoming?" She smirks.

"I never said that," Tommy shook his head.

"I know, but context is enough," Clementine laughs, "go ahead, ask!"

Tommy glances back at Tubbo. Tubbo shrugs.

"Would you go to homecoming with me?" He asks.

"Took you long enough," she rolls her eyes, leans in and kisses him on the cheek.

And as soon as it registered to Tommy what had happened, she had already turned the corner and was gone. "Guys, I'm sorry, but this isn't gonna work!" Dream sighed, "Fundy's been dragging George around all day! I really don't think..."

"Don't say that! Fundy's just your dumbass excuse!" Sapnap yelled.

"It's not an excuse, I mean, look at me! I chased after the trade school bus because I thought I saw George get on it," Dream complained, "and it drove in a puddle and splashed me, I look like a nervous wreck, and I'm clearly not thinking straight!"

"You have issues..." Karl muttered.

"I just can't ask-"

"Hey guys!"

George was running up to the trio, "whoa, what happened to you?"

"Dream got splashed by the trade bus," Sapnap snickers.

"That's awful, why?" George asked.

Karl pushed Dream, with the soggy bouquet, messed-up hair and outfit, towards George.

"I was...uh...trying to ask someone to homecoming but...they, uh, probably would've just said no anyway..." Dream fumbles.

"Oh..." George frowns, "well, why go with some girl when you go with me? Ya know, as friends?"

Karl and Sapnap exchanged smirking looks.

"Uhh, yeah, definitely," Dream panics and hands George the bouquet.

George laughs and gratefully accepts.

Karl restrains a laugh.

Sapnap bites his lip trying to do the same.

Dream's face is bright red.

This was gonna be perfect....
———
"Well Tommy, it's your first big dance, you excited?" Phil asked.

"Yes!" Tommy was practically bursting at the seams.

"Tommy shouldn't be the only one excited," Wilbur smirked.

"What?" Phil asked.

"We found out you got us a mother?" Techno teased.

"What!?" Phil was taken aback, "how did you-?"

"I knew it!" Tommy yelled.

"Okay, you caught me," Phil rolled his eyes.

"You better have her home by eight, mister!" Tommy wrinkled up his nose.

"Or there'll be consequences," Techno cracked his knuckles.

"Okay, okay, you know I'm driving you guys <i>and</i> her?" Phil snickers.

"Yeah, <i><b>Tommy</b></i>," Wilbur rolls his eyes.

"Oi! Fuck off Wil!" Tommy grumbled, "we need to pick up my girl too!"

"Hopefully our car can hold that many people," Techno smirked.

"Six people is probably the <i>least</i> amount of people we've had," Phil snickers.

"Remember when we had that small car and Tubbo had to sit in the middle seat!?" Tommy laughed.

"I call Orange girl getting the middle seat," Wilbur smirks.

"Clementine gets any seat she damn wants," Tommy grits his teeth.
———
"Hey! Bad! I got us matching bow ties!" Skeppy smiled, rushing into the kitchen like a little kid.

"What? Why?" Bad laughed, not turning away from where he was stirring something on the stove.

"Platonic date tonight, remember?" Skeppy winked.

Sapnap fake gagged, he was sitting at the kitchen table doing his homework.

"Sapnap, I want you to behave tonight, Skeppy and I are chaperoning," Bad sighed.

"No offense, but Skippy might as well be a student," Sapnap teases.

"Stop calling him Skippy," Bad turns around.

"Why? Is he gonna hang around?" Sapnap teased.

"Maybe!" Bad shrugged.

"I don't mind him calling me-wait-maybe?" Skeppy asked.

"Yeah...if you...uh...don't want to be banished to the apartments during the breaks I thought maybe..." Bad flushed.

"Uhh, yeah, definitely..." Skeppy scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm finishing this in my room," Sapnap sighed, gathering his books and making his way out of the kitchen and upstairs.
———
"Ugh, why did they have to play <i>country</i> music!?" Wilbur muttered, mostly to himself.

"Wilbur, just do what I do, and don't question this school's decisions," Techno sighed.

"That's literally what we're doing here!" Wilbur sighed.

"I know, but someone's gonna complain and they'll change it," Techno shrugs.

Soon enough, in the middle of the song, it was changed.

"Hey, where's Tommy?" Wilbur asked.

"I think he and Dadza left to go pick up their dates, which is why they dropped us off," Techno rolls his eyes.

"Do you even want to be here?" Wilbur asks.

"No, but you wanted me to be here in case Schlatt does something," Techno shrugs, looking around the room for some semblance of familiarity so he could leave the, probably psychotic, brother at his side, "oh, hey, lookie there, it's Callahan!"

"You never liked Callahan, besides, do you know <i>any</i> sign language to even talk to him?" Wilbur asked.

"Can't talk any longer, he's calling me over," Techno started inching away.

"He's mute!" Wilbur yelled.

"Bye!" Techno moved into a small jog across the gym to where, sure enough, Callahan was standing.

"Dickhead," Wilbur muttered.

Techno may not have wanted to be there, but still, he knew fun when he saw it, and hanging out with Wilbur all night wasn't it.
———
"Holy shit," Dream whispered to himself, suddenly biting his lip, refraining himself from saying any more.

George looked...amazing.

Like...really amazing...

It was a stupid blue-and-white-striped button-up and navy dress pants, but damn.

His hair was fluffed up, and he tried to hide his flushed face by taking unnecessarily long to lock his door.

Dream had felt over-dressed in his full suit, but when his mom had found out he was going with George, she'd forced him into it, and Puffy was a very hard person to negotiate with.

"You...uh...ready?" Dream asked.

"Huh?" George turned back around...yup, blushing, "Yeah, I-I'm good!"

"Good..." Dream smiled, "then, let's go!"

"Right, we have to get there," George laughs, awkwardly.

"Of corse we do, or we could just stay here," Dream teases, already making his way down the hall.

"Well, why would we stay here?" George asks.

"You're here, for one," Dream smirks.

George's face flushed an even deeper red (is that even possible at this point?), "you know, I kinda hate you,"

"And why is that?" Dream asks, holding the door open, as George walks through.

"Because..." George laughs, "you're always trying to make me all flustered,"

"What if sometimes...I'm not trying?" Dream asks.

"Then I guess that's my own fault," George shrugs.

"So I guess a lot of things are your fault, huh?"

"And <i>this</i> is my second reason,"

The two burst into laughter, whether out of awkwardness, tension release, or purely nothing else to say, neither of them knew.

They continued the walk to school in a mutual, excited, silence...
———
"Dreamland is here, I repeat, dreamland is here," Karl rushes up to his dates.

"What?" Quackity asks.

"Who the fuck is <i>Dreamland?</i>" Sapnap adds.

"Dream and George," Karl answers, exasperated.

"Why didn't you just say that?" Quackity rolls his eyes.

"Because they know we're talking about them!" Karl suggests.

"And Dreamland sounds <i>way</i> cooler!" Sapnap adds.

"Exactly," Karl nods.

The three continue to talk, but little did they know, a sly fox was listening to their every word.

Of corse, it wasn't a fox at all...it was Fundy...

"I'm so stupid," Fundy muttered to himself glancing over at the happy blue-and-green couple attempting a normal conversation in the corner, "they're so happy..."

"Hey Fundy,"

Eret cautiously made their way over.

"Shut up, traitor..." Fundy glared.

"Yeesh, sorry, I was just thinking you looked kinda lonely over here," they shrugged.

"I guess it's fine, the person I asked...well...wanted to ask, already has a date," Fundy sighed.

"Damn, that sucks," Eret frowns, "well, uou <i>could</i> dance with me, if you don't want to be alone,"

"Thanks, but Wilbur would probably kill both of us," Fundy rolls his eyes.

"Touché," Eret stares out into the sea of teens, "look, I have a suggestion, but only take it if their date and them aren't already in a relationship,"

"What?" Fundy snaps, in a failed attempt to cover up desperation.

Eret then explains the plan, while meanwhile, Tommy was having some issues of his own...
———
"Fuck, Drista! I can't do this she's just-Uggghhhh!" Tommy slams his head into the wall, "ow..."

"So I bet the car ride here was fun," Drista smiles, sarcastically.

"It wasn't, bitch," Tommy mutters.

"Just go talk to her, she's your date! You scored her...somehow...she <i>wants</i> to be here with you!" Drista shrugged.

"Hey! I'm not that awful!" Tommy whines.

"And <i>she's</i> not that scary! I'm the girl with poison in a jar around her neck!" Drista laughs.

"I still don't understand that," Tommy looks over at Drista.

"Foolish gave me a hemlock plant, his name is Bruno, if you kill him I kill you!" Drista said, weirdly enjoying this fact.

"Noted, don't kill the plant," Tommy takes his head off the wall and stares over at Clementine, who was surprisingly, having a conversation with an extremely happy Sally. Oh god, the poor girl. Wilbur was going downright insane wasn't he?

"That's not the point!" Drista sighed, "look, if you're so terrified to talk to her, then some other guy isn't and he will, trust me,"

"Fine..." Tommy groaned, "but if I'm found dead tomorrow, I'm making sure everyone blames you!"

"Why would you-?" Drista asks

"Thanks!" Tommy rushes off to Clementine

"This dude..." Drista mutters to herself.
***
The night was so loud, yet so quiet. Everyone would've been happy if heavy anticipation didn't hang in the air for the events that were about to conspire. All held in their collective breath.

The air was cold, yet warm. The lights hung up in the gym barely broke the darkness enough for all to see each other in a low, purple hue, that faded to pink, then red, then all the colors one could possibly imagine.

Tommy was fumbling over a conversation with Clementine.

Tubbo had dragged poor Ranboo onto the dance floor, who was clinging onto his crown for dear life as Tubbo spun them around.

Eret was leaning gracefully against the wall where they had been talking to Fundy. Oh, right, and Fundy was absolutely nowhere to be found.

Wilbur and Sally shot spiteful glances at each other, but they were close enough that one could assume that they'd made up...enough that it wouldn't ruin either of their nights.

Jack Manifold, Niki, and Minx had been trying to see how many post-its they could stick on Schlatt's back before he noticed.

Schlatt was trying to ignore the fact that he had about 20-something post-its on his back, and decided to focus on the usual class president homecoming speech.

Karl, Quackity, Sapnap, Dream, and George had been laughing their asses off in a corner almost all night, occasionally pausing so one of them could crack another joke and they would continue on the pattern.

Kristin and Phil were probably the cutest couple there. They hadn't left each other's side the entire night. They weren't fumbling over their words, yet we're still blushing profusely anytime the other spoke. The two walked around the gym in their hues of emerald green and amethyst.

Bad hadn't had the best time trying to make sure everyone was in line, but when Skeppy had convinced him to try and have some fun, he started to lighten up a little. Of corse, Bad's idea of fun embarrassed the hell out of Sapnap, so they had elected to stay on the opposite side of the room as them at all times.

Sam and Ponk couldn't look less like a couple, but they knew, and they were having a good time just being near each other, and that's what mattered.

Drista and Foolish (for lack of anything better to do) clung to Puffy like ducklings. Drista being the one to point out the post-its on Schlatt, and starting a similar contest on their own mother.

The entire school was happy, enjoying themselves.

But take this all with a grain of salt, after all, a lot of things are about to change very quickly, and things can't stay <i>this</i> peaceful for long...
———
The room had been exactly has he left it, everyone talking, dancing, laughing...he had to wait until Dream was alone.

Fundy, of corse was the "he" in question.

After that piece of advice from Eret, he'd decided that as soon as they began slow dances, he'd ask Dream to dance.

Besides, George and Dream didn't <i>really</i> look like a couple, they <i>couldn't</i> be here together. Could they?

Meanwhile, George was asking the same question. The line between what was jokes, and what was genuine was getting thinner and the songs began slowing down, and some of the couples had been making their way, and dancing together.

It was now or never-

"Hey Dream,"

But the voice wasn't his, in fact, George had only thought it, and not spoken it...it was Fundy.

"Oh, hi, Fundy, what's up?" Dream nods.

"I was just wondering if we could dance...together?" Fundy asks.

"Uhh, sure!" Dream shrugs.

"Sure?" George whispers to himself, pondering the word.

Dream had hesitated before the "sure" had come out. Was he just trying to be nice? Yeah, that was it. But what if Fundy was who Dream was gonna ask before George had taken notice and suggested they go as friends?

Dream and Fundy slowly made their way to the dance floor, a familiar, somber, song began to play, as if the DJ had noticed George's mood and picked the perfect song for that.

<i>Last night, all I think about is you</i>

<i>Don't stop, baby, you can walk through</i>

<i>Don't wanna but I think about you</i>

<i>You know that I'm never gonna lose...</i>

George sighed, watching the two. Their height difference was almost hilarious.

Had Dream's hair always been that fluffy?

Did he always look that handsome in a suit?

Was everything always that perfect?

Was the world always focusing on just him?

<i>Road shimmer, wiggling the vision</i>

<i>Heat, heat waves I'm swimming in a mirror</i>

<i>Road shimmer, wiggling the vision</i>

<i>Heat, heat waves I'm swimming in a-</i>

This was the song Dream had sent George last summer, when temperatures hit the highest they'd ever been.

George had thought nothing of it at the time, a song about a heatwave, that was both slow and indescribably sticky, like the weather, it made sense.

But ever since...well, everything, began, George couldn't bring himself to listen to it, ever.

<i>Usually I put something on TV, so we never think about you and me,</i>

<i>but today I see our reflections, clearly in Hollywood, laying on the screen</i>

The story, the lyrics, that's why.

It made him feel...like Dream actually liked him, no, <i>loved</i> him.

And Fundy came out of absolutely nowhere.

Who was he to just waltz in last minute and steal...steal everything?

Steal <i>George's</i> everything...

<i>Heat waves been faking me out</i>

<i>Can't make you happier now</i>

But that was the thing, George <i>could</i> make Dream happier, he <i>could</i> do it now. He still has the chance!

But what could he do? Just run up there and...

Yeah, what would he do?

Wait...

It was a crazy idea, insane, even!

But if it worked...

...he had to try.

George mustered up all the courage he had, which frankly was very little, and he ran...
———
"Dream!"

"George?"

George ran through and broke the two apart.

"George, what the fuck?" Fundy yelled.

"Shut up, Furry boy!" George yelled.

"George, what's going on?" Dream asked.

George couldn't say anything at all, he choked.

Was this a bad plan? It was just gonna fail.

"I don't know it this'll ever matter, but just know, I'm sick of us chickening out!" George sighed.

"Chickening out of what?" Dream asked...was he blushing? For once, George had an answer that didn't revolve around hope, or one he could just blame on the lighting, he certainly was.

George grabbed Dream's face...and kissed him.

his heartbeat slowed, the room slowed down.

George could've sworn it tasted sweeter than anything in the whole world...and breath mints.

Then when they separated, all the students, except Fundy, applauded.

"You know, I was supposed to do that," Dream muttered.

"Does it matter?" George asked.

Dream wrapped his arms around George.

"I guess it doesn't," Dream smirks, and leans in for another kiss.

"ALRIGHT YOU TWO! That's enough!"

Schlatt had taken the mic from the DJ.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming to this...event, but of corse, there's some things that need to be said, by your lovely class President..."
———
"Can I have Tubbo my lovely secretary, Quackity my Vice President, and Techno Minecraft, up here please?" Schlatt announces.

The gym descended into confused whispers.

All in a shared question: <i>Why Techno?</i>

The students did as they were told.

"Now, I understand you all are sick of listening to me, you thought you were finally rid of me having to do everything that the class President has to do, but then that idiot with his exclusive clique decided it would be fun to rig the election, so here we are," Schlatt smirked.

"<i>You</i> rigged it!" Wilbur yelled.

"Yeah, yeah," Schlatt rolled his eyes, "so in a favor to you all, Tubbo will be reading a speech, instead of me. I believe he captured your teenage essence better than I ever could,"

Schlatt stepped out of the way and handed to mic to Tubbo, who awkwardly held it. One thought raced through his mind before he began to speak <i>this wasn't the plan</i>

"Uhh," he began, "hi everyone! So, a lot has happened already this year, stuff the teachers know about, stuff we wish they didn't know about, and stuff they'll eventually know about..."

The gym arose in uneasy laughter, trying for nothing more so as to not provoke Schlatt.

"But I think we can all agree, tonight has been pretty great! I know I've had a good time, and we <i>all</i> know somebody else did," Tubbo jokes, "and uh..yeah,"

"Is that it, Tubbo?" Schlatt smirked.

Tubbo fumbled, "uhh, yeah I guess so, let the dance continue!"

"Tommy, now!" Wilbur yelled, he began to run off.

Those who didn't know the plan looked around, and shouted to their friends, nervous and confused. But Tubbo, he ended up the worst of all.

Schlatt gripped his arm, "so that's your little plan, huh?"

"What!?" Tubbo asked.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

"I don't, I literally have no idea!"

"Tubbo..."
———
"Wilbur! We can't just leave Tubbo behind!" Tommy yells.

"Yet, you're leaving your girlfriend behind," Wilbur rolls his eyes, still dashing down the halls.

"I'm right here! I saw you running and it was either that or watch Tubbo get detention!" Clementine yells, "besides, this seems like real trouble!"

"Wait, you replied to girlfriend...are we...?" Tommy asks.

"You're changing the subject," Clementine flushed.

"Wait, where is it?" Wilbur muttered to himself, grinding to a halt.

"What was the plan anyway? You just told Tubbo to say that if he felt like he was in danger!" Tommy asks.

"Shut off the school's power but, I can't find the room..." Wilbur said, glancing around the empty hall.

"The school's <i><b>power!?</b></i>" Clementine and Tommy yelled in unison.

"Why didn't you ever tell me your brother was <i>this</i> cool?" Clementine asked.

"His girlfriend broke up with him because of this!" Tommy muttered.

"Sally has since forgiven me, I just don't think we're getting back together anytime soon," Wilbur brushes it off, "Where's the fucking room?"

"Let's get back to the gym, Wilbur, I think they're gonna suspend us," Tommy grabs Clementine's arm and starts dragging her away.

"Fine..." Wilbur muttered, "but I'm coming back here as soon as Schlatt pulls something like this again!"

"Yeah, Schlatt's a dick, but he's better than you!" Tommy yelled.

"Oooh," Clementine smirked.

"Oh yeah, well why don't you just go join him then?" Wilbur yells back.

"I'd never betray you, and you shouldn't have betrayed Tubbo!" Tommy yelled.

"TOMMY!" A shout echoed down the hallway.

"That's Tubbo!" Clementine gasped.

The trio raced off back to the gym.
———
"Schlatt I really don't think-" Techno whispered.

"He <i>clearly</i> is up to something!" Schlatt yelled, "besides, I've given you permission!"

"I can't-" Techno fumbled.

"They're sick of me being in power, isn't it your time to shine, uh...what's that nickname they call you?" Schlatt gritted his teeth.

"Blood god?" Techno shrugged.

"It's your time to shine, blood god," Schlatt finished.

"Fine," Techno sighed.

"Techno, you can't do this!" Phil yells, "like, literally can't, it doesn't do anything!"

"Tommy!" Tubbo yells.

"Okay, now that's just stupid," Techno laughed, "and I'll do it, because I'm the freaking blood god!"

"TOMMY!" Tubbo struggled against Schlatt's grip.

"TUBBO!" Tommy shouted back from somewhere in the crowd.

"TUBBO!" Well, there was a surprise, Clementine was trying to help too.

"Tubbo, they're not gonna help you," Techno smirked, "Tubbo, you have detention until further notice!"

"Why did you need the blood god thing to convince you to do that?" Tubbo asked.

"Well, detention is equal to cold-blooded murder I guess," Techno shrugged.

"Boo, I hate you Techno," Tubbo muttered.

"Get out of my way losers!" Tommy grumbled, emerging from the crowd.

"Tommy!" Tubbo smiled.

"Fine, go have your last little bit of fun with your friends before you have to go to detention!" Schlatt lets go, "see you there,"

"I'm not running detention tonight!" Sam yells, wrapping an arm around Ponk.

That was a surprise to pretty much everyone, but it really wasn't the time for that.

"Fine, see you at home then," Schlatt sighed.

"Fuck you, I'm staying at Tommy's tonight!" Tubbo yelled.

"Yeah, Schlatt!" Tommy yelled.

"Pogtopia forever!" Wilbur yelled, rushing in.

Everyone turned to look at the lone boy in a dress shirt and a trench coat, a crazy look in his eyes, and messy hair all in his face.

"Shit, it didn't work..." he muttered, which could be heard through the silence.

"POGTOPIA FOREVER!" Tubbo yelled.

"Yeah!" Tommy yelled back.

"I don't know what we're cheering for but you guys seem <i>awesome</i>!" Clementine yelled.

The yelling kids rushed out of the gym.

"So, would now be a good time to tell you that I'm on their side?" Techno asked.

"Just go," Schlatt sighed.
———
"Techno what the fuck!?" Tommy yelled, as the tall boy climbed into the car.

"Look, I'm the blood god-"

"That's not a fucking excuse!" Tommy yelled.

"Somehow, this is actually my fault," Phil pointed out.

"It's not your fault," Kristin laughed, "it's cute how Schlatt thinks he can't be fired,"

"Dadza, keep this one," Tommy nods.

Kristin laughs, "I hope he does!"

"That's not the point of what happened tonight!" Tubbo yells, "Techno tried to kill me!"

"What!?" Phil asked.

"I didn't try to kill you" Techno defends, then hesitates, "...tonight,"

"What the fuck does that mean!?" Tubbo yelled.

"The other times, I didn't know they could've killed you," Techno stares, nonchalantly out the window.

"Okay, glossing over that," Phil blinks, "Wilbur, you said, 'shit it didn't work' what were you <i>trying</i> to do?"

"...nothing," Wilbur replied.

The car was silent for a minute.

"Well I know <i>that's</i> not true," Phil sighs.

"I know what he did," Clementine smirked.

"Don't say anything!" Wilbur glares at her.

"I won't..." Clementine smirks, "<i>if</i> you let me join Pogtopia!"

"...fine,"

"Good," Wilbur nods.

She didn't even wait a second, "Wilbur was trying to shut off the school's power!"

"WHAT!?" Phil and Wilbur yelled in unison.

"Yeah, I almost did it too if it makes you feel better," Clementine shrugged.

"Tommy I was about to die out there and you were going to shut off the school's POWER!?" Tubbo yelled.

"It's all Techno's fault!" Tommy grumbled.

"Alright, I'm done with this, We have to get Kristin and Clementine home," Phil sighed.

"Aww come on, they were just having some fun" Kristin laughs.

"I know, but, it's getting late, and I have some children to ground," Phil sighs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.9K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
554K 12.2K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
238K 5.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.7M 56.1K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...