𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 ||...

By Only-Lu

𝐑𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲... More

˗ˏˋ CAST ˎˊ˗
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

705 38 2
By Only-Lu

Rowan shot up from her sleepy state, her breathing heavy. Memories were flooding her dreams at an alarming rate, and it was starting to take a physical toll on the girl, her body wasn't getting enough rest with her mind running on overdrive.

She had just witnessed the time 'she' and her mother had taken a trip to New Orleans for some business.

~flashback~

13-year-old Rowan stood beside her mother, fiddling with the necklace that her parents had gifted her. She wasn't paying much attention to the conversation that was happening between her mother and the tall blonde woman who stood in front of her.

"You don't understand Tami, the ancestors are getting testy with your presence. I don't have anything against you personally, But there's only so much I can do for you." The woman looks between the young Rowan and her mother sincerely.

"I know Rosalyn, and I thank you for what you have done," Tami sighs rubbing her head tiredly.

"The ancestors have hated my family for centuries, I don't expect that to change anytime soon." Tami rolls her eyes but smiles down at her daughter seeing that she was in her own little world.

Rosalyn stared off into the distance before closing her eyes as a wave of uneasiness came over her. "She doesn't deserve such hate, she's innocent," Rosalyn mutters to herself looking at the little girl sympathetically. The woman nods to herself, sighing as she kneels in front of the little girl. She brushes the hair out of her face. "Your special Rowan, remember that."

Rowan comes out of her daze smiling at the woman who had shown her nothing but kindness, she smiles widely nodding understandingly.

Something wasn't right, the young girl could feel it. She looked around in search of what her gut was telling her, but suddenly screams echoed through her ears. She spins around and sees Rosalyn and her mother crumble to the ground in pain. She watches in horror as she stood there tears dwelling in her eyes.

Anger grew within her, and she took off her necklace knowingly. She took ahold of Rosalyn and her mother's hand and siphoned some magic from them.

She glares at the four witches who stood in front of her with smirks planted on their lips. This only fuelled the fire within her.

One of the witches caught eye of what was happening, but it was too late.

"LEAVE THEM ALONE!" Rowan screamed furiously, forcefully pushing as much magic out of her as she could towards the four. The witches flung back hitting the wall hard enough that their necks broke.

The young girl's eyes grew at what she had just done. She lifted her hand to her face only to find blood trickling from her nose. Sudden exhaustion hits the girl, she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer, and with that, her body hit the ground.

~End of Flashback~

She sat there in shock, still shaking as the memory replayed in her mind.

The curse...

She was confused beyond belief. She had thought that her werewolf curse had yet to be broken. But... The memory said otherwise.

She quickly turned to her bedside unit and lifted the letter she was yet to finish.

Opening the letter once again, she skimmed through the words to find where she had the last read to.

'There is something you must know, something that I have kept hidden from you. I don't expect you to remember our trip to New Orleans when you were 13 as the memory was locked away... Much like your werewolf gene was.'

Hold up what.

Her Werewolf side had been suppressed.

'After the incident that occurred, I with the help of my dear friend Rosalyn were able to make you forget that you had triggered your curse, therefore delaying the effects of the curse until one day when the memory returned to you. So would the curse.'

She stared at the letter in disbelief.

She Flops back on her bed she sighs frustratedly, not knowing what to do.

She was a Siphoner. And a wolf. A hybrid.

She could feel the magic flowing through her veins. The wolf in her was providing her with an unlimited source of magic.

With that thought, she pulled out a pen from her drawer. She crossed her legs and set the pen in front of her. She tried to focus on it, but nothing happened which she frowned at.

"Come on, You can do it, Rowan." She reassured herself, putting all her attention towards the pen and focusing on it fully.

Nothing was happening, but just when she was about to give up the pen began to levitate. A huge grin appeared on her lips and she squealed excitedly.

She didn't have to 'borrow' magic from others anymore.

—-

Rowan walked alongside Elena and Caroline, she smiled to herself admiring the little details that she didn't usually notice. She had only picked up pieces of the conversation with her paying little attention, but seeing the girls staring at her- she withdraws from her thoughts, "You agree with me right Rowan?"

"What's the topic?"Rowan asks sheepishly, while the raised the brows at her knowing that she hadn't been paying attention.

"Caroline won't talk to Bonnie,"

"Oh that. Sorry but I have to agree with Elena, Care. Bonnie has her reasons... you should talk to her," Rowan says, shrugging her shoulders.

"No. she's a thief, I gave her my necklace and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle" Caroline declares stubbornly, making the two girls groan in disappointment. They knew that there was no talking to her.

"Well I tried, I'm officially out of it." Elena sighs turning to Rowan. "What's got you so smiley today?" she asks, raising her brow at her. "Is it a boy? It's a boy isn't it?"

Rowan shakes her head with a smile, walking ahead of the girls who were grinning as they jumped to conclusions. "Why does there have to be a boy? I don't need any man to be happy. I'm an independent woman who needs no one but herself." Rowan rants as she turned to face the girls who were holding in their giggles.

"So what is it then?" Caroline questions raising her brow expectantly. Rowan opens her mouth to answer but no words come out, as she remembers that she hadn't yet told them the truth about her.

'They didn't know yet.' Rowan ponders, as she quickly tried to come up with an excuse.

"Come on then, what is it?" Elena pushes further.

"I ugh- I finished my period! Yeh, that's it." Rowan looks at them innocently hoping that they bought it. They had a look on their faces that screamed 'seriously'. They knew that wasn't the reason for her cheery mood, but she obviously wasn't going to spill the beans so they reluctantly decide to drop it.

"Fine keep your secrets," Caroline grumbles, openly displaying her displeasure with the lack of gossip, sighing loudly and dramatically. But when Rowan turned to Elena she could see Elena's suspicious gaze lingering, dissatisfied with the girl's answer.

"So where's Stefan, have you talked?" Caroline asks turning to Elena, thankfully taking the spotlight off Rowan.

"He's avoiding me."

"Why?" Caroline asks.

Elena looks to Rowan, trying to think up a believable answer, "...it's complicated." The bell suddenly rang giving her the perfect excuse to leave.

"I'll see you both later." And with that, it was only Rowan and Caroline.

"I should probably get going too Care, See ya" Rowan says with a salute and heads through the halls making her way to Spanish.

—-

"He's bad news, Elena. He really scared me."

Bonnie was explaining her and Damon's little run-in earlier that day, while Rowan was laying spread out across the back seat playing Solitaire on her phone; she was actually listening to what was being said for once.

"You need to stay as far away from Damon as possible."

"I'm trying! He just keeps showing up."

"Damon's an asshole," Rowan mutters which causes a small smile to form on both girls lips.

"I don't want you to be alone. You're sleeping at my place tonight, we can make a whole night out of it. Rowan you up for it?"

Before Rowan could answer, Bonnie makes a harsh stop as she pulls over causing Rowan to roll off the back seat onto the floor. "Owe!!! What the hell Bonnie!?"

"Sorry Row" she apologised as she got out of the car and walked over towards the field and pulled the necklace from her neck and threw it far as she could.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked as Bonnie hot back into the car.

"Now I am. All my problems were because of that thing. I can't believe I didn't do that sooner." Bonnie says feeling like a huge weight had been taken of her chest as she no longer had to worry about the necklace.

Bonnie looked through her mirror to see Rowan pouting at her. "Seatbelts exist for a reason, Rowan." Rowan glared playfully at the witch in response but actually sat up properly putting on her seatbelt. She grumbled under her breath and folded her arms childishly.

"What's your grams gonna say?"

"Grams isn't the one being haunted by a hundred and fifty-year-old ghost, is she?" Bonnie states matter factor as she puts her focus back on the road and starts heading for Elena's house.

Elena sighs "Okay, then."

——

The four girls were in the kitchen preparing dinner or we'll Elena, Bonnie and Caroline were. Rowan was a nightmare in the kitchen, so she sat on top of the counter and observed.

Rowan and Elena give Caroline a look, prompting her to make the first move .Caroline let's put a sigh and turns to Bonnie. "I'm sorry. There. I said it. If you want the ugly-ass necklace, keep it. It's yours."

Bonnie didn't answer straight away but Rowan could see the guilty look on her face, as she looked to Caroline. Bonnie spoke up, "Will you hate me if I tell you I threw it away?"

"You threw it away?!" Caroline turns to look at Bonnie in disbelief. The frustration in the blondes face clear as day and Rowan couldn't help but start to feel uncomfortable as the the tension between the two began to rise.

"I know it sounds crazy, but the necklace was giving me nightmares. I had to get rid of it." Bonnie tries to explain.

"You could have just given it back to me." Caroline exasperates.

"Why? So you could give it back to Damon?" Rowan interrupts, her brow raised and arms folded knowing that she was right, Elena follows in pursuit and nods in agreement.

"Screw Damon. Are we doing manicures or what? Who has their kit?"

"Mine's in my bag." Bonnie points over to her purse. Caroline sends her a small smile and walks over to the purse and starts hoking through it for the manicure kit. " So, Elena...how long do you think this fight with Stefan's gonna last? Is it...like a permanent thing?" Caroline began trying to start up another conversation.

"I don't know, Caroline."

Rowan notice how Caroline's hand paused and her brows had scrunched together, "Why are you such a little liar, Bonnie?" Bonnie and Elena turn to face Caroline, shocked at her sudden outburst, while Rowan watched Caroline's hand as she anticipated the arrival of the recently thrown away necklace.

"What?" Bonnie responds confused, not understanding what she had done.

"Caroline!" 

Caroline holds up the crystal and Bonnie and Elena gape at her in shock while Rowan lets out a sigh, her hand brushing over her face. The girls took no notice of her reaction.

"I'm not lying to you, Caroline. I swear." Bonnie pleads.

"It's true. We watched her throw it into a field!" Elena spoke up in Bonnies defence. Caroline looks at Rowan questioning as if to ask if what they were saying was true.

Rowan sighs nodding and walks over to where the blonde stood, "They're not lying Care. I was there, I watched her throw the stupid thing into the field."

"Then explain it." Caroline snaps looking at the three girls.

Rowan put her hand out and gave Caroline a look. She set the necklace in Rowan's hand hesitantly.

As the piece of jewellery touched her palm she gasped seeing an image of Emily, "Emily..."

Bonnie's gaze quickly moves from the floor to Rowan. "Emily? As in..." Rowan nodded at the witch. The two looked to be having a conversation with their eyes.

"Who's Emily?" Caroline asks interrupting the silence.

"The ghost." Bonnie states.

"Oh, the ghost has a name now?" Caroline mocks rolling her eyes not taking the conversation seriously.

"Caroline, please," Elena said motioning for her to stop talking, which Rowan thought was quite rude of her.

"I wonder why she won't leave me alone." Bonnie looks between Rowan and Elena totally disregarding Caroline.

"What is going on? Why am I not a part of this conversation? You guys do this to me all the time." Caroline complains, feeling left out.

"That's not true." Elena tries to disagree.

"Yes, it is. I can't talk to you. You don't listen." Bonnie states.

"That's not true." Caroline tries to deny it.

"I'm a witch." Bonnie blurts out.

"And don't we all know it?" Caroline comments rudely, making Rowan nudge her disapprovingly.

"See? That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to tell you something. You don't even hear it." Bonnie walks out of the room without another word.

"I listen. When do I not listen?"

"A lot," Rowan mumbles under her breath earning a glare from the blonde.

*Comment & Vote, Please and Thank you*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 16 11
Sybil is the quintessential teenager. Well, she was before her parents woke up one day and chose to move to Virginia. Mystic Falls, Virginia, a smal...
165K 6.4K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
526 15 4
𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓼 𝓐𝓼 𝓘𝓽 𝓢𝓮𝓮𝓶𝓼... ★☆★ In a small town called Mystic Falls, where everyone knew each other and nothing bad ever...
98K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...