Punarjanma - The Rebirth of t...

Bởi AnkitaPrasanna

He is an Army Lieutenant General, the highest officer on frontline border. She was a mere village girl, who h... Xem Thêm

PROLOGUE
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
AUTHOR'S NOTE
• 12 •

• 7 •

525 53 10
Bởi AnkitaPrasanna

~Mobile phone rings~

"Hello, Vijay Kumar speaking."

"This is Agent Sitara. Meet me ASAP at my place. Bring Isha along with you." Rohini spoke from the other side.

"Okay boss. Will be there in ten minutes." Vijay hung up the call.

Agent V, or Vijay Kumar, as he was known as, was the technical head of Rohini's team. His wife, Agent Ruby, aka Isha Kumar was Rohini's assistant. Although Rohini was younger than rest of her teammates, she was still appointed as their boss because she carried the potential to lead her own's team. She dialled the number of her next teammate, Girish.

"Hello, Mr. Girish speaking." The man answered.

"Agent Sitara here. At my place in ten minutes." Rohini replied.

"Ok boss. Over and out." Girish disconnected the call.

Rohini and her teammates had massive trust over eachother. They were working together since past two years and had bonded together pretty well. Girish was not only a teammate for Rohini, but also he was her first friend in R.A.W. institute. Both of them had joined on the very same day and were together since their first mission.

Rohini awaited for her teammates to reach at her home. The doorbell rung.

"Good evening Ma'am. This is Astra plumbing services. We received a complaint from you. I'm here to resolve the leakage in your bathroom." A man showed up on the front door of Rohini's house.

"Come in." Rohini was confused as she hadn't called any company for leakage issues. But her subconscious mind told her that it may be one of her teammates.

"Thanks for letting me in boss. Can I have a glass of water." It was Vijay dressed as a plumber.

"Sure. Where is Isha?" Rohini asked as he gave him water.

"On her way. By the way, can I ask you something?" Vijay asked her.

"Sure Vijay. You're my friend off duty, you can ask me whatever you want before others arrive." Rohini replied with a smile as she sat besides him.

"Why you always wear sarees? I have observed you since we are together. Whenever we visit your home, we find you dressed in a saree." He asked as she laughed.

"This is the attire I'm wearing since my 11ty grade. We were pretty poor. We couldn't afford to buy new dresses. So I used to wear my mother's sarees. They remind me of my past and take me closer to my mother. And I feel comfortable in them. So I wear them whenever I'm home alone." Rohini replied.

"So cute. I never thought that these were you mom's sarees." Vijay said.

Rohini faked her smile. But her inner self knew, she was lying. She had to wear sarees because her mother used to throw her old and worn out ones on Rohini. Rohini never had used new clothes untill her marriage with Shashi. That was the only day her family treated her with respect.

Rohini still remembered Shashi. If not for him, she would have been in some orthodox family, serving them. He dared to bring her in the city. He was the reason why she was able to live her dream. She thanked him everyday though his picture.

Rohini hadn't thought of anyone else other than Shashi as her better half. She had fallen for him the day she married him. She felt that he was the only man after Ramesh, whom she can trust. But she never wanted to force her relation. Still, she regretted leaving him.

Doorbell rang again. This time it was Girish and Isha. Both of them had arrived together. They knew how to act infront of the common people.

"Ohh Rohini, it's been so long since we last met. Look, and today your Bhabhi (Isha) also wanted to come here. Won't you let us in?" Girish spoke as he held Isha's hand.

"Ofcourse big brother, come in." Rohini greeted them.

"Phew... That watchman of your society, he's such a judgemental person. He was asking about tons of questions. Well, leave him. Let's start our work?" Isha asked as all of them moved to the inner room of the apartment.

They all settled in Rohini's bedroom. Rohini closed all the doors and windows and opened her projector. She had prepared a plan to find the last batch of terrorists which was left to be arrested by her team. They were following this gang since past seven months in Dubai.

"Now pay attention here. I've tracked the phone number of one of the team members of that gang. He was talking with the head when I was tracking his number. I got to know that they are planning to attack the Army Public School in the city. They plan to kidnap students inorder to blackmail us and force us to free their leader. They are in all six members. They plan to attack the school on upcoming Wednesday." Rohini said as she flashed the image of the suspect on her projector screen.

"I guess we should be present at the school since morning 6." Girish suggested.

"Good point. We will be around the school premises by morning 6. The school has two gates. Girish, you will forge your identity as the school P.E. teacher. You will be on the school ground and near the Gate 1." Rohini said as she showed them the map of the school.

"Yes boss." Girish replied.

"Isha, you will be inside the school building as one of the parents who is there to see the school for their kid's admission. You will be incharge of the main exit of the building." Rohini explained Isha as she showed her the spots she could cover.

"Done boss." Isha replied with a confident smile.

"Vijay, you will be the head of security department of the school. You will keep an eye on the CCTV camera system. You will inform us if you see anyone suspicious around the school." Rohini said as Vijay nodded.

"Done. I will carry my laptop, so as to have a check on everything." Vijay replied.

"Good. I will be on the first gate as the helper lady. We all will have a constant check around us so as to make sure no one suspicious entered the school." Rohini said as she handed each one their respective clothing.

"These are your clothes for the mission. I've spoken with the Principal of the school and he has given these uniforms of their staff. Isha, you will dress modestly but comfortable because we may need to run in those clothes." Rohini gave them their uniforms.

"And what about you?" Isha asked her.

"I've also recieved the uniform for the female helpers of the school. I've sent all of you the map of the school and the image of the suspect. Make sure to go through everything. We will meet on Wednesday at the school." Rohini said as they all got up to leave.

"See you on Wednesday." They replied in unison.

"Jai Hind!"

"Jai Hind!"

Rohini closed the door behind them. She sat in her room as she revised the entire plan.

"If this plan succeeds, I'm sure we can reach the headquarters of these terrorists. I need to save all the kids in that school. I cannot let them harm the innocent lives of the kids." Rohini spoke to herself as she looked at the plan.

But suddenly, her phone rang. It was Ramesh.

"Hello sister. How are you?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." She spoke in a low voice.

"Is anything serious?" Ramesh asked her as he sensed tension in her voice.

"Nothing much. Work pressure." She replied.

"As usual. Why don't you leave that hectic job of yours and live with us in India? I earn enough to provide all of us now." Ramesh tried to pursue her to come back to India again.

"No. This job needs me." Rohini spoke as she sat up straight on her bed.

"Why? To cook salads or to prepare curry?" Ramesh replied to her statement as he burst into laughter.

"No. I mean my boss is short of funds. He cannot afford more workers. That's why I need to stay here." Rohini tried to mask her statement which she had spoken in the flow of her mind.

"As you say so. Achcha, I will keep the phone now. My boss is calling me." Ramesh said as he hung up the call.

"I miss you all." Rohini said as she looked at their image on her mobile.

She got up and freshened herself up. She yet had to jot down more information about their upcoming mission.

Just then, the door was knocked by someone. Rohini opened the door to find Girish standing ag the door.

"Can I come in?" He asked with a sweet smile.

"Sure. What brings you here?" She asked him as they sat in the living room.

"Umm... Can we talk as friends rather than coworkers?" Girish asked, hesitantly.

"Ofcourse. You're not just my colleague, but also my friend Girish." Rohini replied.

"Rohini, I wanted to tell you something..." Girish was hesitant while speaking.

"And what's that?" She replied.

"Rohini, I... Umm... Me... Umm... I want to marry you Rohini. Will you marry me?" Girish asked as he went down on one knee and pulled out a ring from his pocket.

Rohini was shocked to know about his feelings. She never thought that the man whom she considered as her best friend would propose her one day. Still, Rohini hadn't forgotten about Shashi. Still, she thought of Shashi as her husband. She still wore a small mangalsutra (nuptial chain) symbolising that she was wife of Shashi. She still thought of herself as his wife.

"I'm sorry Girish. I love someone else." She spoke with confidence. She was sure that she still loved Shashi.

"But... I will take care of you more that that person whom you love. I will make sure you will be more happy and will treat you like a Queen. Please, think over again Rohini..." Girish was trying hard to pursue her.

Rohini recalled her memories with Shashi. She thought of that one day she spent with him as his wife. She had felt his love, his care, the way he cared for her, everything... She couldn't completely forget him.

"But..." Rohini was about to reply but he stopped her.

"Think for sometime. I think you know what kind of person I am. I will wait for you. But I won't let this ruin our work. I think you should think over this. I think I can be the best of what you can think of as a husband. Please, think again about me... I will wait for you..." Girish said as he left her house.

Rohini sat there, in a confused state. She still loved Shashi, but was unsure whether he even remembered her or not. Maybe he must have married someone else by now. Maybe he would have forgotten about her. Maybe he would be having a happy family. But then what about her love? Her mind forbade her to think about anyone else than Shashi. She couldn't forget his face, nor his voice. She wanted to move on in her life but never thought of having someone else in her life as her life partner. She sat there in her house, with tears falling off her eyes...

-------------------------

Another update!!

Do let me know your thoughts in the comments :)

Also, what do you'll think, what decision will Rohini make regarding Girish's proposal? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Next update soon...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.1M 84K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...
213K 8.3K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...
1.3M 98.2K 56
He is the crowned prince of the Kingdom Rakshatra. Everyone in the kingdom feared him as well as respected him. He is well versed in all types of t...
33.2K 1.5K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...