Reckless Hate To Love Me ⚊ En...

By solivagante

Something stalks you in the shadows, and it's up to you to find out what! Y/N's first case as a detective is... More

INTRO : Reckless Hate To Love Me
PROLOGUE
THE CRIME SCENE
STRANGE PICTURES
SHOCKING ENCOUNTER
NEW ASSIGNMENT
MEET THE AGENTS
THEIR ARROGANT LEADER
THE BLOOD TEST'S RESULT
THE SECOND VICTIM
THE SLIP UPS OF A VAMPIRE
ANOTHER CRIME SCENE
SOMETHING MISSING
WHO WILL BE HUNTING WHO?
THE HUNT BEGINS
PREVENTION OF HIS
HEATED ARGUMENT
THE CLUMSY DOCTOR
BAR HOPPING
WHAT THE AGENTS KNEW
FIGHTING ZOMBIES
THEIR KINDS REVEALED
ANOTHER DIMENSION
INTRODUCTION TO THEIR UNIT
CONFUSING FEELINGS
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
BACK TO THE JOB
EVIDENCES AND MOVES
VISIT OF THE VAMPIRES
ZOMBIE'S NATURE
TWO REALIZATIONS
TAKEN AND DAZED
THE EXPERIMENT
THE FIRST BITE
THE SCARY TRUTH
INVITATION TO THE AGENCY
Carnival Mysteries Preview

EPILOGUE

1.8K 102 32
By solivagante

In the hallway outside of the detective's room, the team almost trip over Agent L/N, who is standing just outside of the door.

"Is everything all right?", Heeseung asks. He looks over her worried expression and hunched shoulders as she slips her phone into her jacket pocket.

"Not exactly", she replies, words as heavy as her frown, "I've just heard back from the other agents."

Jay stiffens beside Heeseung, arms folding tightly across his chest, "And?"

"It seems the theories on Y/N's blood we gained from the tests are correct", Agent L/N shakes her head, "Y/N's blood is more powerful than expected. As with the blocking ability, this strengthening effect also doesn't just work on vampires"

She glances at them each in turn, "It works on all supernaturals"

"Shit...", Sunghoon groans, forcing his fingers through his hair, "Now everything's going to be wanting a go at her to boost their powers"

"Yes, we get that", Heeseung says sharply to shut him up in regards to Sunghoon's statement and it makes the older agent's hands twist together.

"Why?", Jake asks with a shrug, "No one but us and a few others know about it, right?"

Heeseung passes Jay a knowing stare and he sighs, "It won't take long for word to get out"

"You think the Agency's got a leak?", Jake's voice almost strangles in surprise.

"No", Agent L/N replies firmly, "It's just too big a piece of information to keep contained"

Once again, Heeseung throws a knowing look in Jay's way, the team leader raising a brow in silent reply.

"We can at least keep her identity safe", Jay adds, "The supernaturals may know there's someone with power to tap, but not who it is"

The statement seems to help Agent L/N's obvious worried strain relax a little.

"The detective's about to be in for some fun then", Sunghoon comments.

"It's part of the reason you're all being assigned to Ulsan", she explains, "You'll work with Y/N, but also keep an eye on her"

She takes a step away and pauses, "Ulsan is about to become supernatural hive if we're not careful"

"And what about the detective?", Sunghoon asks, "You telling her what you just told us?"

"I won't keep secrets from her any more"

Jake's lips snap into a smirk, "All secrets?"

The mother tenses, "Any that I can, I will tell her"

Jake arches a brow, but is sensible enough not to push her.

"I have to meet with the others. Can one of you debrief my daughter in the mean time?", she asks.

"I'll go"

"I'll do it"

Jay and Heeseung speak the hurried reply at the same time.

In response, Jake swings around, a grin growing on his face, "Both rather keen, aren't you?"

"Do it together, that's fine. Thank you", she says. She hurries off down the narrow, tubular corridor.

"Do it together?", Jake'● grin widens, eyes sparkling like stoked embers, "Now there's a thought"

Heeseung rolls his eyes, "Come on, Jay", it's only then he notices the tension rippling over Jay's shoulders, "Everything all right?"

Jake's gaze burns into the team leader, something that usually doesn't rattle Jay. But for some strange reason it does this time.

"We'll be waiting eagerly to hear everything in the common room", he says, his words seeming to hold some secret taunt.

Jay twists around.

"Um", Heeseung says, suddenly uncertain of the situation, "We'll meet you there"

Jake and Sunghoon then move away, leaving Jay and Heeseung to stand alone outside of the detective's room.

"Is there something wrong, Jay?"n Heeseung asks when they're definitely alone.

Jay tenses even further and shakes his head, "Nothing. Let's just get this over with", And then he slams a hand on the door in a pounding knock and heads inside, followed close behind by Heeseung.

The tablets leave a bitter taste lingering on your tongue and down your throat, even after swilling the water Sunoo hands you. The two of you both glance up when a knock sounds at the door, Heeseung and Jay stepping inside.

"I'm sorry, but you're going to have to let her rest", Sunoo says, pink brows drawing into a knot over deep-set eyes.

Heeseung smiles, pushing his hands into his pockets, "We won't be long. The detective needs to be informed of a situation, that's all"

The nurse sighs, "All right, but don't take too long", he then gathers up the cup and water, throws you a warm smile, and heads out of the room. "I'll be back to check up soon"

As soon as he's gone, Heeseung moves forward, rounding the end of the bed to sit in the chair beside you while Jay stays standing stiffly by the door.

"What's going on?", you ask, frowning as you glance between them.

Heeseung throws a worried look over at Jay before focusing back on you again, "We have some...bad news"

"It's been discovered that your blood - the empowering effects of it -will not just work on vampires, but on all supernaturals"

You frown deeply, shoulders tensing so hard they begin to ache, "So I've become supernatural bait!"

Heeseung's expression softens in sympathy, "You will become an interest to many, yes"

Your gaze flashes between them with your hands gripping the mattress beneath you.

"It won't be long before word gets out and supernaturals will start to come looking for the source of this new power", Jay says, putting it much more bluntly than Heeseung.

"For me, you mean?"

He nods, "But it's why we've been assigned to Ulsan. We're here to stay by your side for whatever should come", his eyes meet yours in a firm gaze, and for some strange reason, you feel a wave of reassurance wash over you.

"Jay's right", Heeseung adds, catching your attention once again, "We won't let you go through it alone", a flurry of excitement springs from your stomach when he reaches a hand out to take yours, "I won't"

Your reply stutters in your throat, your heart beating so hard it seems to have stolen your voice.

Jay clears his throat suddenly, breaking the silent tension that had been building between Heeseung and you, "I think we should let the detective get some rest"

When you look over at him, a frown has settled deep on his brow, his gaze cast away from you.

"Right", Heeseung says, giving a nod. He stands from the chair, your hands only falling apart at the last moment, "I'll see you soon"

"See you soon", you reply, your gaze following him as he moves across the room to leave. He pauses at the door, offers a final lingering smile, and then goes.

Jay hesitates for a moment, and find yourself calling towards him before you can stop yourself, "You must not be too happy", you say, making his brow arch in confusion, "Having to suffer being around me a lot more"

His eyes find yours as though drawn magnetically, and the intensity in the gaze makes you swallow hard. The smallest smile plays at the corner of his lips, "It's a torture I'm coming to enjoy"

And with that, he suddenly twists around and strides from the room.

You stare at the spot he just abandon, his words slowly coming to settle in your head.

It's a torture I'm coming to enjoy. What does that mean?

Shaking your head to clear it of the thought, you look back into the room. You try not to let the brooding team leader linger in your mind...a task that is surprisingly harder than expected.

It was already a tough task to relax in the stiff confines of the hospital bed, but with all of the information you've just learned rattling about inside your aching head, you give up.

Rolling onto your side, yoi let out a sharp breath.

So you've now become some blood-battery for supernaturals - some of which might find their way here in order to drain you because of it.

Wonderful....

You can handle anything that comes your way and you give a nod at the thought, resolved to make the best out of whatever might be in your future.

Confidence and skill have seen you through many things. They'll get you through this as well.

At least Unit Enhypen will be around. Having them as backup is sure to up your chances. They're practically a small army all by themselves!

That thought, at least, helps to boost your waning optimism. You try to settle into the bed as best youbcan.

You guess you'll just have to wait and see what comes your way.

𝕋𝕠 𝔹𝕖 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕦𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕋𝕨𝕠 : 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕋𝕠𝕨𝕟!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160 15 8
"𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡" She pleaded the man standing in front of her to tell her wh...
12.4K 454 17
Imagine your everyday life is usually pretty boring. Always just scrolling social media and thinking about what it would be like to be rich and famou...
26.6K 1.4K 42
"I just want us to stay together. Why is this world so unfair to me?" She has made a big mistake before. Because of that, she was given task to compl...
326K 19.2K 23
A sensual and dreamy mystery book heavily inspired by Enhypen's lore. Follow y/n as she discovers the deep secrets surrounding a couple of students f...