The unpredictable Avenger

By PiratePhox4

Follow the story of one young y/n tennyson. As he goes through the struggle of being a normal kid, and superh... More

and than there were 10
BIO
The Avengers(1)
The Avengers(2)
The avengers(3)
Secrets
Captain America: the winter soldier(1)
Captain America: the winter soldier(2)
captain America: the winter soldier(3)
Avengers age of Ultron(1)
avengers age of Ultron(2)
avengers age of Ultron(3)
Captain America: Civil War(2)
Captain America: Civil War(3)
Black panther(1)
Black panther(2)
Black panther(3)
Black Widow(1)
Black Widow(2)
Black Widow(3)
(One-shot) romantic research
(one-shot) researching lovers!
Infinity war(1)
Infinity war(2)
Infinity war(3)
Infinity war(4)
Avengers: Endgame(1)
Avengers: Endgame(2)
Avengers: endgame(3)
Avengers: endgame (4)
Falcon & Winter soldier (1)
Falcon & Winter soldier (2)
falcon & winter soldier (3)
falcon & winter soldier (4)
Falcon & winter soldier (5)
Shang-chi (1)
Shang-chi (2)
shang-chi (3)
Spider-Man: NWH (1)
Spider-Man: NWH (2)
Spider-Man: NWH (3)
Spider-Man: NWH (4)
Doctor strange: MoM(short)
Y/n Tennyson Christmas special
Valentine's day special!
BP: Wakanda forever (1)
BP: wakanda forever (2)
BP: wakanda forever (3)
BP: wakanda forever (4)
AvengerCon(Short)
secrets of the Omnitrix (1)
secrets of the Omnitrix (2)
secrets of the Omnitrix (3)
secrets of the Omnitrix (4)
secrets of the Omnitrix (5)
special number 23(One-shot)
night to remember(one-shot)
Be-Knignted (one-shot)
Updates
X
what if...?
What if... T'challa died in his challenge vs Erik?
what if... minis!
Idea

Captain America: civil war(1)

5.6K 161 82
By PiratePhox4

Age recap: 15

We begin today with Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch, adding sugar to her tea and stirs it. She then looks around.

Steve: "All right, what do you see?"

Wanda: "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It’s a good target"

Steve: "There’s an ATM in the south corner, which means…"

Wanda: "Cameras"

Steve: "Both cross streets are one way"

Wanda: "So, compromised escape routes"

Steve: "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

Wanda: "Yeah, the red one? It’s cute"

We pan over to see Natasha and y/n sitting two tables from Wanda

Nat: "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us"

Y/n: "oh my gosh… I just got rid of my last headache…"

Wanda: "You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

Nat: "Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature"

Sam: "Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?"

Nat: "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

Y/n shrugs

Y/n: "I mean. Ever since you uh… y'know, you've been really paranoid whenever I go on missions"

Nat: "can't I not feel worried for the safety of my son?"

Y/n: "it's been a year and I don't know how to feel about you calling me that…"

Steve: "Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him"

Sam: "If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us"

Y/n: "woo. Just wait till you meet Kevin"

Nat: "school bully?"

Y/n: "school? No. Bully? Very much so"

A garbage truck is pushing its way through traffic, with no regard to pedestrians or other vehicles

Steve: "Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it"

From the back of Sam’s Falcon jet pack, a small drone named redwing launches and flies down to scan the garbage truck.

Sam: "Give me X-ray"

Redwing beeps

Sam: "That truck’s loaded for max weight. And the driver’s armed"

Nat: "It’s a battering ram"

Y/n: "that's not good"

Steve: "Go now"

Wanda: "What?"

Steve: "He’s not hitting the police"

A man is sitting in the guard station. He looks over as the garbage truck is coming towards the gate. The driver jumps out, and the truck slams into the gateway. Two trucks rush into the compound through the newly-made entrance.

Soldiers in black armor emerge from the trucks, firing their rifles around the courtyard. Four soldiers fire gas canisters into the building. Soldiers wearing gas masks enter. That's when Steve arrives and takes out several of the soldiers.

Steve: "Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles"

Sam flies in and up to a rooftop, spinning and using his wings to block gunfire. He takes out two soldiers.

Sam: "I make five"

Wanda arrives and flies over the rooftop and into the courtyard, blocking fire with her powers. She takes control of one soldier and lifts him upward.

Wanda: "Sam"

Sam glides down from the rooftop, catching the soldier on one of his wings.

Sam: "Four"

Y/n: "that counting is annoying. Please stop"

Sam's drone flies by, scanning the inside of the building.

Sam: "Rumlow’s on the third floor"

Steve: "Wanda, just like we practiced"

Wanda: "What about the gas?"

Steve: "Get it out"

Wanda uses her powers to lift Steve up and through the window. He grabs a soldier and pulls off their gas mask

Rumlow is inside. He punches down the door. He knocks aside a technician and enters a room with a container labeled "bio-hazard."

Rumlow: "Pack it up"

In another area, Steve is behind a pillar. He throws his shield, and it bounces off the soldier and back to Steve.

Meanwhile, Wanda is now using her powers to remove the gas from the building. Sam is exchanging fire with several soldiers.

Steve: "Rumlow has a biological weapon"

Nat is riding in on her motorcycle, with y/n on the back.

Nat: "we're on it"

Nat jumps off the motorcycle with y/n latched onto her back. The bike skids toward a soldier. y/n jumps off nats back and immediately transforms into heatblast. Nat takes out soldiers through hand-to-hand combat, while y/n took care of some with a little bit of firepower. Rumlow comes up behind behind nat and grabs her collar, dragging her onto an armored vehicle. She electrocutes him. All without y/n noticing.

Rumlow: "I don't work like that no more"

He throws her through the roof hatch into an armored vehicle, drops in a grenade, and shuts the hatch.

Rumlow: "Fire in the hole"

Mercenary: "No!"

Natasha takes out the soldiers inside, then grabs one to shield herself from the grenade. The doors blow open and she is thrown out, but was caught by y/n.

Heatblast: "mom! You alright?"

Nat: "yep. I'm alright kid. Just need a second... Go help the others"

Heatblast: "y-yes ma'am!"

Y/n let's go of her, as she stood by herself. Y/n crouches onto the ground, as the land around his feet, before rising from the ground in ablaze, this allows y/n to take to the sky's, using the flaming piece of rock like a surfboard.

Heatblast: "I should totally make a surfer dude joke, but I feel like that this isn't the right time to do so"

Y/n looks down at the ground below him, seeing Steve taking a one on one with Rumlow, who y/n has taken it to himself to call him Crossbones. Y/n lands not far from there, hearing the last thing between them.

Rumlow: "He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go. And you're coming with me"

He activates a bomb that was connected to his vest, causing Steve to flinch as Rumlow's armor ignites, but Wanda keeps the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony. She lifts him into the air before she loses control, and the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building. Wanda sees what happened and is scarred by it.

Steve: "Oh my... Sam... We need... Fire and Rescue... on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there"

Heatblast: "no! No! I can handle this!"

Y/n runs up and holds out his arms, which caused civilians, and even Steve to become scared.

Steve: "kid! Your heatblast, that's not going to do-"

But Steve shuts himself up, seeing the flames from the exploded building flying right at y/n, who began absorbing the fire.

Heatblast: "I can't let anybody else die"

.
.
.
.
.

Back at the avengers compound, y/n was laying down in his bed, zed of course laying there with him. everything was closed, or off, apart from his phone, which was currently on a call with someone. And a girl by the sounds of it.

Girl: "it wasn't your fault"

Y/n: "feels like my fault. I mean, your people were there shuri! I can't let that slide. What if it happens again? What if-"

Shuri: "then you'll save them! you'll save them like you always do. What happened wasn't on you. You saved them"

Y/n: "you have a point..."

Shuri: "I know I do. Now look at me please"

Y/n turns his head to his nightstand, which was where is phone was placed. Right next to his phone was a pair of small spheres, almost bead like. Coming from the beads was a nanotech like hologram of shuri herself.

Y/n: "hm?"

Shuri: "I love you, don't forget that, alright?"

Y/n: "heh... Yea, I love you too. oh, tell T'Challa I said hey"

Shuri: "I will, tell zed I said hi. I gotta go, I'll see you in person soon?"

Y/n: "hopefully. Bye shuri"

The nanotech turns off, which in turn, turns off the beads. That's the moment Nat walks in.

Nat: "hey sunshine, you doing alright?"

Y/n: "you could say that"

Nat: "that's good, well. There's something going on, the secretary of state made a visit"

Y/n: "oh, this can't be good"

The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, along with all of the avengers, or the ones available, were all in the meeting room, with Ross in the front.

Ross: Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some... who would prefer the word ”vigilantes”"

Y/n: "I don't like that word..."

Nat: "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

Ross: "How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"

Ross activates a screen behind him. News footage from past Avengers and SHIELD matters flash on the screen as he speaks.

Ross: "New York"

A Chitauri leviathan. Terrified citizens. A soldier firing a gun. The Hulk smashes into a building and sends a dust cloud to engulf the camera. Rhodey looks regretful. He glances behind him at Natasha.

Ross: "Washington DC"

The three Insight helicarriers, firing on each other. The destroyed Triskelion. A helicarrier crashing into the Potomac and throwing up a massive wave, engulfing citizens and the camera. Sam looks down.

Ross: "Sokovia"

Terrified citizens, running. The city rising. A building falling over. Wanda stares at the screen, as does Tony.

Ross: "Lagos"

The burning building. Paramedics moving a body. A dead girl. Wanda is particularly affected by the footage from Lagos. Steve sees this and intervenes.

Steve: "Okay. That's enough"

Ross nods to an aide and the images disappear.

Ross: "For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution"

An aide hands him a book, which Ross slides across the table to Wanda. She picks it up, then slides it to Rhodey.

Ross: "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries . . . it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary"

Steve: "The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that"

Ross: "Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?"

Steve looks up and meets Ross's eyes.

Ross: "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes . . . you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground"

Rhodes: "So, there are contingencies"

Ross: "Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords. Talk it over"

Nat: "And if we come to a decision you don't like?"

Ross: "Then you retire"

Natasha stifles a smile. But next to her, y/n looks down at the Omnitrix.

A bit later, everyone was sitting quietly, except, Rhodey and Sam, who were arguing.

Rhodes: "Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have"

Sam: "So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?"

Rhodes: "A 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, No, that's cool. We got it."

Sam: "How long are you going to play both sides?"

Vision: "I have an equation"

Sam: "Oh, this will clear it up"

Vision: "In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate"

Steve: "Are you saying it's our fault?"

Vision: "I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict . . . breeds catastrophe. Oversight . . . oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand"

Rhodes: "Boom"

Tony is lying on the couch. When Natasha speaks, he looks at her.

Nat: "Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal"

Steve: "It's because he's already made up his mind"

Tony: "Boy, you know me so well"

He gets up and winces, rubbing the back of his head.

Tony: "Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache"

He walks to the kitchen and grabs a mug.

Tony: "That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?"

He puts his phone in a basket and taps it.The phone projects an image of a smiling young man. He looks down, then back up, and pretends to notice the picture for the first time.

Tony: "Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA. Had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia"

The others look affected by this

Tony: "He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass"

Y/n was immediately affected by this. Was it the boy he couldn't save? It hade to be. The picture looked familiar. Y/n puts his face into his hands, trying his damnedest to not burst into tears.

Tony: "There's no decision-making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys"

Steve: "Tony, someone dies on your watch, you don't give up"

Tony: "Who said we're giving up?"

Steve: "We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blames"

Rhodes: "I'm sorry. Steve. That - that is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the World Security Council, it's not SHIELD, it's not HYDRA"

Steve: "No, but it's run by people with agendas, and agendas change"

Tony: "That's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stop manufacturing"

Steve: "Tony, you chose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our right to choose. What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there is somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own"

Tony: "If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty"

Wanda: "You're saying they'll come for me"

Vision: "We would protect you"

Nat: "Maybe Tony's right"

Tony looks at her, surprised.

Nat: "If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off-"

Sam: "Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?"

Nat: "I'm just . . . I'm reading the terrain. We have made . . . some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back"

Tony: "Focus up. I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?"

Nat: "Oh, I want to take it back now"

Tony: "No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. Unprecedented. Okay, case closed-I win"

Y/n: "I need to go"

Steve: "kid?"

Y/n got from his seat, not saying a word, and left. Leaving the avengers in a momentary shock.

Tony: "well, we did something to piss him off"

Y/n walks back to his room, taking a seat at his bed, immediately crying into his hands. Zed walks up to him and pushed her head against his leg

Y/n: "zed... I can't do this anymore..."

Zed looks up at y/n, confused. Y/n gets up and grabs a bag, then started packing his things into it, which caused zed to look at the boy even more confused. Y/n throws the bag over his shoulder, and walks out of the room, with Zed of course following behind him. Y/n pulls out his phone and went to his contacts, before calling max.

Max: "hey kiddo, what's wrong? It's not like you to call so-"

Y/n: "g-grandpa... Can you come pick me up..?"

Max: "y/n? Whats wrong? you sound like your about to cry"

Y/n: "grandpa... I'm quitting the avengers..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 65.4K 25
"You can't be my kid, I've got way too many responsibilities." Tony crossed his arms and stood his ground. This wasn't just an argument over chocolat...
2.8M 78K 32
' "Put her down, Bucky." It was Steve. Staring up into Bucky's eyes that were now glued to the captain, Brenna saw the soft blue turn to steel. A lo...
3.4M 88.5K 74
Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille Romanoff has been deceased for the past f...
1.6M 46.7K 49
❝Just because I'm smaller than you doesn't mean that I couldn't easily take you in a fight.❞ Subject: Carter May Number: 17 ...