LET THE GAMES BEGIN â€ĸ squid...

By byeoksheart

In which, a 15 year old signs up to play the games, unknowing of the friendships she'd make and the people sh... More

( 02 ) player 455
( 03 ) red light, green light
( 04 ) should I stay or should I go
( 05 ) you're back?
( 06 ) honeycomb
( 07 ) chokehold
( 08 ) tug of war
( 09 ) open wounds
( 10 ) marble game
( 11 ) fever
( 12 ) the tile of fate
( 13 ) kiss of death
( 14 ) front man
( 15 ) the truth
( 16 ) where do we go from here
( 17 ) happy ending
hey!

( 01 ) hwang jun-ho

13.6K 366 289
By byeoksheart

N A R I

" You bitch!" Heaving, the small girl turns a corner and runs through crowds as she's chased. Should've just left them, she thinks, annoyed.

" Get back here, kid! That's my money!" The built man and his goons chase after her, but they aren't great at keeping up with her speed.

She rushes into an old, empty stall of the market and hides under the counter, hearing their heavy footsteps speed straight past.

She slowly gets back up the check that they're gone, and when she knows they're gone, she stands straight up and leaves the stall, reaching into her pocket to see how much she actually got.

Nari sighs when all she pulls out is a measly 10,000 won. All that trouble for this? She could buy food, but a motel room? She'd just have to make do.

Shoving the note back into the pocket of her jacket, she strolls to the exit of the market and shivers at the sudden gust of cold air.

She makes her way to a convenient store as it starts to get dark, and sighs in relief when she sees that it's still open.

She doesn't stay in the shop long, only picking out a ready made sandwich and a bottle of water.

She sits down at the small table outside with a sigh, realising how tired she was. She'd barely taken two bites of her sandwich before a shadow loomed over her as it began to rain.

She looked up mid-bite, and sighed in relief when it was only her brother, Jun-ho.

" What do you want?" Jun-ho sighs and puts down his umbrella before sitting in front of her. He was dressed nice, and he seemed to be in good spirits.

" Why are you still doing this? Mom wants you home." Nari rolled her eyes. He didn't have to go home, he moved out. So why should she?

" Because I don't want to. That a good enough answer for you?" Her voice was cut short and raspy, unlike the voice he remembered.

" Come to my apartment tonight. I won't tell mom." When she only looks at him skeptically, he sighs.

" I swear. I won't say anything." Nari sighs, knowing she had nowhere to go. She stands up, throwing her wrappers in the trash and gesturing for him to start walking.

He smiles, feeling accomplished, before they both start walking to his place.

||

Her brothers apartment always made her feel out of place. It was very modern, and nothing like the home she grew up in.

When Jun-ho bought the apartment, he purposefully bought a two bedroom so that he'd have one for his sister.

" Go shower, I'll make you some real food. There's clothes in your room." Nari only nods, walking into the bedroom and closing the door behind her.

As Jun-ho gets on cooking food, Nari relishes in the soft fabrics she finds in the dresser of 'her room'. She pulls out a plain pair of black leggings and a black hoodie, with underwear of course, before going to the bathroom and stepping into the warm shower.

||

After eating dinner, which was a hotpot, Nari crawls into the comfy bed and wraps herself up, falling asleep almost instantly. A restless sleep full of nightmares awaited her.

Maybe 30 minutes later, she shot up from the mattress, breathing heavily and eyes darting around the room like someone was watching her.

|| (timeskip cuz I'm lazy)

The next day, she'd left the apartment quickly. She didn't want so stay any longer than needed. Now, she was strolling the streets with her hands in her pockets, just observing the people around her.

Well, at least she was before she was roughly pulled by her jacket into an alleyway. She yelped as she was thrown against a brick wall, and her hair was pulled to make her face up.

It was the man from yesterday.

" Where's my money?" He growled, and Nari gaped. She had nothing to give.

" I-I don't have it." His men laughed at her, and the mans eyes seemed to flame with anger.

She'd barely processed anything before her head was slammed against the brick wall, and she grunted, pain blossoming in the back of her skull.

" What about all the money you've stolen from my men? You've been taking our money for years. You're in debt. I want it back." Nari's eyes widened. She was in big trouble.

" Please, give me some time-" The man chuckled bitterly.

" What? Time to pay back 5 billion won?" Nari almost choked. 5 billion won?

" Let the girl go." A booming voice spread down the alley, and the men seemed to scurry away at the sight.

Nari's eyes started to blur as the pain in her head got worse, but she tried to focus her vision as a well dressed man with a briefcase walked up to her and held his hand out.

She hesitantly took his hand and stood up, her head spinning.

" Do you wanna play a game?"

||

" What the fuck..." Nari muttered as the man walked away from her after handing her a card. She stared at the 50,000 won in her hands in awe.

Shoving it in her pocket, she looked at the card he'd handed her. It was an off white, almost yellow colour, with a triangle, a circle and a square on it. On the back was a phone number.

They had played a game of ddakji, every-time she won, he'd pay her with 10,000 won, but every-time he won, she'd get a slap to the face.

Then, he handed her the card and said few words before leaving. ' If you wish to play more games to win money, call the number. We don't have many spots left.'

With a sigh, she pulled out her phone and dialled the number. She hoped there wasn't a age limit.

The line rings once, before a voice bleeds through.

" Hello. Who's calling?"

" Uh, you gave me your card?" She replied unsurely.

" Do you wish to participate in the game? If you wish to participate, please state your name and birthdate."

" Ah, Hwang Nari, June 29th, 2006."

" A vehicle will pick you up in ten minutes at the nearest bus stop. The password is red light, green light." Then the line went dead.

Nari shrugged and strolled to the nearest bus stop, waiting patiently. Not long after that, a van pulled up, and the passenger window was rolled down.

A person in a pink/red suit, with a black mask with a white circle on it sat inside, silent. Nari shifted uncomfortably.

" Hwang Nari?"

" Uh, yes." She nodded.

" Password."

" Red light, green light." A lock clicked, and the back door opened. She quietly climbed into her seat when she noticed everyone was asleep.

Turns out, they weren't. Gas bled into the vehicle, and all she saw before she passed out was the masked man starting at her.

||

pls I already love my oc to death

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 2.2K 26
ooo. In which losing the game isn't the only thing she loses. squid game / kan...
22.6K 794 9
āĨĻāĨĻāĨĻ | 𝗛𝗲𝗹đ—Ŋ â˜ĸī¸Žī¸Ž ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ "𝗜 𝗰𝗮đ—ģ đ—ĩ𝗲𝗹đ—Ŋ 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂" "𝗔đ—ģ𝗱 𝘄đ—ĩđ—ŧ 𝗮đ—ŋ𝗲 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂?" "𝗧đ—ĩ𝗲 𝗙đ—ŋđ—ŧđ—ģ𝘁 đ—ē𝗮đ—ģ'𝘀 𝗰đ—ĩđ—ļ𝗹𝗱đ—ĩđ—ŧđ—ŧ𝗱 đ—ŗđ—ŋđ—ļ𝗲...
168K 7.4K 17
➤ 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐃 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐓 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Join the game. Play by the rules. Get rich beyond your wildest dreams. But be...
37.3K 1.2K 13
"𝐈 đĢ𝐞đĻ𝐞đĻ𝐛𝐞đĢ 𝐲𝐨𝐮...𝐲𝐨𝐮 đŦđšđ¯đžđ đĻ𝐲 đĨđĸ𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲.." .īŊĨ:*:īŊĨīžŸ'âœĢ, In which Y/N is an 18 year old girl living in South Korea...