Touch The Sky ✔ •Hiccup X Rea...

By Stark_Oblivion

COVER HAS BEEN CHANGED!! You had never been a big fan of the scrawny boy but of course, Stoick decided that y... More

『 Information 』
『 Playlist 』
『 Chapter 2: Searching For A Dragon 』
『 Chapter 3: Dragon Training 』
『 Chapter 4: The Book of Dragons 』
『 Chapter 5: Wounded 』
『 Chapter 6: "Painful" Attempt at Making Friends 』
『 Chapter 7: Forbidden Friendships 』
『 Chapter 8: The Forge 』
『 Chapter 9: A New Tail 』
『 Chapter 10: Smoked Eel 』
『 Chapter 11: Earning Ones Trust 』
『 Chapter 12: A Friend of Astrid 』
『 Chapter 13: Test Flight 』
『 Chapter 14: Discovered 』
『 Chapter 15: "Romantic" Flight 』
『 Chapter 16: The Kill Ring 』
『 Chapter 17: The Red Death 』
『 Chapter 18: Coming Around 』
『 Chapter 19: The Gift of The Night Fury 』
『 Chapter 20: The Gift of The Night Fury P.2 』
『 Chapter 21: The Legend of The BoneKnapper 』
『 Chapter 22: The Legend of The BoneKnapper P.2 』
『 Chapter 23: A New Beginning 』
『 Chapter 24: Where No One Goes 』
『 Chapter 25: Dragon Trappers 』
『 Chapter 26: Pride of Berk 』
『 Chapter 27: "Prisoners" 』
『 Chapter 28: Mutiny 』
『 Chapter 29: Family Ties 』
『 Chapter 30: The Story of A Mother 』
『 Chapter 31: A Day Out 』
『 Chapter 32: Long Lost Love 』
『 Chapter 33: For The Dancing and The Dreaming 』
『 Chapter 34: A Sacrifice 』
『 Chapter 35: The Boat on Fire 』
『 Chapter 36: The Ceremony 』
『!Thank You!』

『 Chapter 1: Babysitter 』

9.9K 196 99
By Stark_Oblivion

✵ ✵ ✵

You were a sociable person, sure. You loved hanging out with... certain people. That meant anyone but Hiccup. You wouldn't have had a problem with the boy if he didn't try so hard. All he talked about was killing dragons (which he had never done). That didn't bother you that much, what bothered you was how often he destroyed things with all his stupid inventions. Sure it was accidental most of the time but he was an occupational hazard.

You heard the crashing from outside, quickly you grabbed your spear and clutched it tightly in your hand. You ran over to your door, opening it and seeing dragons swarming Berk. Deadly Nadders, Gronckles, Zipplebacks, and Monstrous Nightmares flew around the island.

You stepped outside the house running towards the closest person who was in danger. A man from the Hooligan tribe had been tackled by a Monstrous Nightmare.

You pushed yourself in between the two, quickly turning your spear sideways and sticking it in the mouth of the Monstrous Nightmare. You pushed it back, before yanking it to the side, pulling your spear out of its grip. You pointed your spear at the dragon, preparing to strike. As you swung forward you were tackled to the side. Claws ripped at your torso so you swiped at whatever had tackled you.

You felt the head of your spear strike something, and immediately the creature recoiled. A flash of silver and purple caught your eye. Looking over, you spotted a Silver Phantom. A dragon you had only seen in the book of dragons. They weren't too common around Berk which caused you to wonder what it was doing out here. You glanced down, spotting a wound on its neck. You swung your spear at it, letting out a shout. You were prepared to kill it. No one, not even dragons could mess with your people if you had a say in it, not again.

The dragon quickly flapped its wings, lifting from the ground and flying elsewhere. You glanced around, searching for the Monstrous Nightmare from earlier. It must have escaped when you were focused on the Silver Phantom. You turned around, spotting the man from the Hooligan tribe still laying on the ground, shocked. You stepped over to the man reaching out and grabbing his hand, helping him up.

"Get inside." You instructed, "Stay safe and don't die." The man nodded, turning around and rushing back to his home. You thought through your next move and decided to go to Chief Stoick, he always had something for you to do.

You looked around, where would he be? You spotted a scrawny boy running towards the forge. Quickly, thinking through your options you decided that following him would be your quickest way to find Stoick. You rushed after him, he may have been a twig but he sure could run fast. It surprised you that you were having a hard time keeping up. A hand reached out and grabbed the boy.

"What is he doin' out agai-" Stoick looked around, "What are you doin' out? Get back inside!" Stoick shoved the boy to the side, ushering him to go to the forge. You ran over to the man's side, you were technically a student of his. Your father's dying wish was for Stoick to take care of your family, so he was teaching you to be a "guardian" of sorts, "What have we got?"

You were quick to pipe up, "Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks, A Monstrous Nightmare... and I fought off a Silver Phantom." You tried not to sound too proud of yourself, you knew the man wouldn't care either way. He was too focused on the village.

"Any Night Furies?" He asked, looking up at the night sky, searching for the creature.

You shook your head, "None so far." A small number of embers fell on Stoick's shoulder, he brushed it off without a wince.

"Good." He turned to glance at you. He placed a rough hand on the pauldrons on your shoulders, "(Y/N). I need you to watch over my son." Your jaw dropped.

"B-but... I'm ready. I can fight with you. I fought a dragon on the way here! Hiccup is fine, he's with Gobber!" You retorted, "I want to stay and help!"

The man shook his head, "I know. You are ready. but I promised your father that I would try to keep you safe, this is the best way for me to do that." You clenched your fist. He was right, "Please, you know how rambunctious he can be. I need you to protect him if anything goes wrong."

"Fine." You agreed reluctantly before turning around. Deciding that you wouldn't need it you placed your spear in the holster on your back before running towards the forge. You opened the door quickly running in before letting out a breath. Looking around you spotted Hiccup hammering down a sword. Gobber glanced over at you.

"Oh, (Y/N). Nice of you to join the party! Did Stoick send ya'?" The blonde man asked. You nodded frustrated before leaning against the table behind you, "He sent ya' to help? Or to babysit Hiccup?"

You let out a sigh, gripping the wooden table with your hands, "Babysit Hiccup." You took a glance over at the boy angrily. If it weren't for him you would be out there fighting. The boy cowered slightly under your gaze.

A loud commotion riled up outside, "Man the fort, (Y/N), Hiccup. They need me out there." The man with one hand and one leg hobbled out the door, before turning around, "Stay." He looked pointedly at Hiccup, "Put." He took a glance over at you, "There... You know what I mean." He said before turning around and shouting a battle cry.

You sent Hiccup a threatening glare before turning around slightly, looking at the weapons and mechanisms that could be used. You were quite partial to a spear. That was when you heard some rustling behind you. You spun around, noticing that the shaggy-haired boy was now gone. Not just him, but also the machine that he had next to him; you were unsure what it did but you knew it was probably something bad.

You spun towards the door and looked out, placing your hand on the frame, searching the ruckus for the boy. You spotted him running up a hill, letting out an exasperated sigh you followed him. You quickly pulled your spear from its holster and followed him up the hill.

"Hiccup! I swear, I'll wring your neck if you die!" You called, he sent you a glance.

"I know! I know! I'll be right back!" The boy responded, stopping at the top of the hill and setting up his machine.

You leaned over, placing your hands on your knees, "Geez, you run fast." You said, "Alright, come on. Let's go-" The boy held up his hand, stopping you mid-sentence.

"Come on. Gimme something to shoot at, gimme something to shoot at." He breathed. You glanced up, seeing a black shadow in the sky. Your eyes widened, you hadn't seen a Night Fury tonight. You heard the sound of something cutting through the air as the Night Fury shot at a tower. You saw Hiccup tense up as he fired the machine, you heard a loud 'thwack' as the Dragon roared. You saw it fall to the ground.

Your jaw dropped. He did it.

"Oh, I hit it! YES! I HIT IT! Did anybody see that?" The boy exclaimed, jumping for joy. He turned around to face you, his face full of pride.

An orange glow grew behind him, you watched as a Monstrous Nightmare peaked up from behind him. Your eyes widened, causing him to turn around.

"Except for you..." He said as the dragon crawled after him. Hiccup decided at that moment to run leaving you to face the dragon. The creature snapped at you, sending you back. You held out your spear, swiping at the creature. The dragon grabbed your spear, wrestling it out of your hand like a dog. The Monstrous Nightmare pulled the weapon from your grip and flung it to the side.

Your eyes widened before you took off in the opposite direction. The dragon roared as you stumbled after Hiccup. If Hiccup got hurt Stoick would kill you. You saw the boy run and hide behind a torch pole. You followed him, watching as the dragon made its way quickly towards you. You ran behind the torch pole, Hiccup turned his head to look at the dragon but you pulled him back, pushing him against the pole so he was out of view of the dragon.

The pole lit up burning quickly. You placed your arms on either side of Hiccup, keeping him back so he didn't get burned. You could feel the flames close to your hands. The head of the Monstrous nightmare popped up next to you. The dragon was quickly tackled by none other than Stoick. You let out a sigh before looking forward at Hiccup. Gripping the front of his shirt you lifted him slightly off the ground.

"What we're you thinking?!" The boy was genuinely frightened by you, "You could have died! I'm trying so hard to keep you safe and you run off and try to get KILLED! And even worse, the dragon threw my spear!" You dropped the boy to the ground before sending a swift punch to the wooden pole with the metal bottom. Your hand hit the metal and you recoiled. Clutching your hand in pain.

You shook your hand back and forth, "Are you... okay?" Hiccup asked nervously. You looked up at the boy as if he was dumb.

"NO! I'M NOT OKAY! I HAD TO RUN AFTER YOU, I LOST MY SPEAR, AND THEN PUNCHED A METAL POLE!" You growled, opening and closing your hand a few times. As soon as you finished speaking, the pole behind the boy fell. It tumbled to the ground, the torch spinning and tumbling down the village. Crushing a few houses, and hitting someone.

Hiccup turned around, feeling a presence behind him, "Sorry... dad." He said to Stoick who was standing behind him, his hands on his hips. The boy sent you a quick look, "Okay, but I hit a Night Fury." Stoick angrily picked up the boy by the back of his shirt, and you followed close behind, "It's not like the last few times, Dad! I mean, I really actually hit it! You guys were busy and I had a very clear shot. It went down, just off Raven Point. Let's get a search party out there, before it—"

He was interrupted by his father, "STOP! Just... stop. Every time you step outside, disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter's almost here and I have an entire village to feed!" The man waved his hand around, gesturing to the village.

Hiccup looked around at the villagers, "Between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't ya think?" You glanced over and saw Bucket rubbing his stomach as if to ask, 'are you calling me fat?'

"This isn't a joke, Hiccup! Why can't you follow the simplest orders?" The man asked, placing his son down on the ground.

The boy looked determined, "I can't stop myself. I see a dragon and I have to just... kill it, you know? It's who I am, Dad."

Stoick let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose, "You are many things, Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them. Get back to the house." He turned to you and Gobber, "Make sure he gets there. I have his mess to clean up."

The three of you started walking back towards the house, passing Astrid and the others, "Quite the performance." Tuffnut piped up.

"I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped!" Snotlout chuckled, gesturing to Hiccup.

You paused for a moment next to Astrid, the two of you were childhood friends so she had rubbed off on you, "Thank you, thank you. I was trying, so...I really did hit one. You can even ask (Y/N), she saw it all! " Hiccup tried to explain himself.

Astrid took a glance over at you, "Did he really?" She asked. You took a glance over at the boy, he looked at you pleading silently. You smirked a little, now was payback time.

"Ah, no. He missed actually." You said earning a huff from the boy. The group chuckled, Hiccup and Gobber quickly turned around walking back towards the house.

You let out a sigh, "Welp, I gotta go babysit." You sent the group a one-handed solute, "See ya."

✵ ✵ ✵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
569K 14.4K 62
What if Harry Potter wasn't shy, awkward, or in other words, absolutely useless when it came to girls? What if he was the complete opposite - confide...
8.2K 213 19
Y/N gave her life for good. She woke up on a spring night in a flower field and has absolutely no memory of her past life. She was chosen by Man In M...
1.3M 52K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...