Don't Send Help (Darker than...

By Robert-E-Writing

*********Spoilers for the first book ahead********** -------------------------------------------- ... More

Chapter Two - The Ruins
Chapter Three - Starving
Chapter Four - The Murder
Chapter Five - Don't Send Help

Chapter One- A Girl Named Taylor

52 4 3
By Robert-E-Writing

I was walking along, making sure no one had followed me, when I saw her. Holstering my gun behind my back, I moved towards a girl who looked to be a teenager. "Hello?" I said. She pointed her gun at my head, her hands shaking as if there was an earthquake. "Samuel" she muttered. I put my hands in the air, but she pulled the trigger.

"Click-" I heard, and thanked god the gun didn't go off. "Are you okay?" I asked. She dropped the gun, and slumped over against a large rock. I turned to walk away, thinking she was in no mental state to have a conversation, but I stopped, as she said "Wait, come back!" I stopped and walked back over to her. "What's wrong? You don't seem like the type to shoot strangers." I said. "Samuel, the soldiers.... they all..... what's the point?" She said, seeming to not be able to finish a thought. I noticed that her leg was bandaged, but a bite would be bigger, so most likely she was cut. "My name is Marcus." I told her. "We need to get out of here."

I helped her get to her feet, and I walked her back to a cabin I had built. She fainted about one hundred feet from it, probably due to dehydration. Part of me considered leaving her, honestly, but I carried her in. She woke up inside the cabin, and I had set some water next to her. "No-no cabins. Get me out of here." She said, panicking. "This is the safest place to be." I told her. As her breathing became heavier, I realized that she was physically breaking down. She stood up, but simply collapsed on the floor. She banged her head, and I thought for a moment that she was dead, but again she tried to get out of the cabin. I opened the door and helped her get out, where she was able to breathe again.

"Why do you hate cabins?!" I said. Again, she muttered "Samuel." I wondered who Samuel was, and what it had to do with cabins, but I thought that it would be best to get her somewhere safe before I questioned her. I headed north with her, neither of us speaking, her drinking water. I honestly don't know why, but I felt the need to help her.

"My name is Taylor." She said, after hours of silence. "Marcus." I replied. "How old are you, Marcus?" Taylor asked me. "Fifteen." I said sharply, holding a grudge over the incident earlier. "I knew it wasn't loaded you know. I just wanted to scare you off." I nodded my head, and we continued to walk, I didn't know why we were heading North, but it was what the girl wanted. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Quadrant Seven" Said Taylor. When I realized where we were headed, I yelled "That's right over this hill!"

As we quickly ran towards the top of the hill, she reached the summit before I did, but the frown on her face told me that all was not happily ever after. As I reahed the top, I saw that quadrant 7 laid desolate, walls caved in, infested with zombies, and completely destroyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 1.5K 76
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
600K 20.2K 85
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
253K 3.6K 92
ဖထေကနေ α€žα€¬α€Έα€€α€­α€―α€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€α€²α€· α€‡α€¬α€α€Ία€œα€™α€Ία€Έα€žα€¬α€–α€Όα€…α€Ία€•α€«α€α€šα€Ί ဖေထက α€žα€¬α€Έα€€α€­α€―α€žα€Όα€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€α€²α€· α€‡α€¬α€α€Ήα€œα€™α€Ήα€Έα€žα€¬α€»α€–α€…α€Ήα€•α€«α€α€šα€Ή
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...