๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†, ๐„๐•๐„๏ฟฝ...

By arthurm0rgan

When a reserved, quiet teen moves to Forks to take care of her crime novelist grandfather, she finds herself... More

1
2
3
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

19

1.8K 64 0
By arthurm0rgan

Thank you so much for 1K reads!!! I appreciate it so much.

The Cullens could not get a single word out of her after Ivy returned. Edward wasn't present to read her mind and Alice's visions were blocked by the wolves, so nothing came out of her, either.

Ivy began to pack her things immediately.

"Ivy! Where are you going?" Rosalie asked, watching the girl pace around the room, stuffing in clothes. She didn't answer. "Now — just hold on!" Rose grabbed her arm, Ivy froze in her place.

"You know the plan."

"What — Happened? We know you saw Sam."

She said nothing. Rosalie sighed, looking down at their hands intertwined.

"Please, Ivy. I know we're not that close but you must know I will always be here for your problems."

Ivy hummed, "Mhmm..."

"Please."

"At least tell me how badly you're feeling. Remember happy face or sad face?" Rosalie offered. It was a gimmick they used to help Ivy when she was feeling the urge to feed on human blood and couldn't open her mouth or else she might have entered into a frenzy. Happy meant she was okay, Sad meant she wasn't. She didn't need to use it as much after five months of her transformation.

"Mhmm..."

"So — happy...or sad?" Rosalie held up a pen and paper. Ivy shakily drew a sad face with a prolonged mouth, dragging it all the way down to the end of the paper.

Ivy looked up, her eyes filled to the brim with tears, though she felt she had spilled enough already for that night. Rosalie pursed her lips, letting the two of them sit at the edge of their bed.

She spent the next hour telling Rosalie what had happened. From start to finish. How abruptly she met him and how she fell in love just as fast. The more Ivy spoke about her and Sam, the more she realised it was love at first sight. For her, at least. She could not make out for the life of her why she had interested him so much. Ivy knew of the relationship between Sam and Leah, she even figured that Leah was a much better option compared to her. Still, she knew he loved her like she loved him. Mostly with reason but sometimes, you just find things to love on the way.

Luckily, Rosalie had convinced her not to move away and separate from the family.

"You're just running from him. Alice and I have taught you much better than to run because of a man." She stated as a-matter-of-factly.

Ivy nodded, "You're right." Her eyes fell to look at her palms resting on her lap.

"But he doesn't love me the same." She croaked.

Rosalie furrowed her brows, "You're joking."

Ivy shook her head.

"Ivy, I saw the way he looked at you at school — "

"When I was human!"

"It doesn't change anything!" Rosalie interjected, despite Ivy's protests. She grabbed Ivy by the shoulders, raising the girl's chin up with her finger.

"It doesn't change a single thing. You're still you. Plus, he has no right to judge you for it. He's the one that killed you anyways."

Ivy whined at the mention of her death.

"Too soon?"

"Too soon."

Ivy decided to leave for the trip anyways, only she decided to travel the whole world. Why would you go to just one continent if you had time for all of them? She was introduced to acquaintances of Carlisle and Esme's in Egypt, who were generous enough to let her stay with them.

"Hello. I am Amun." He met her at the door, red eyes gleaming with worry and curiosity. "This is my mate, Kebi."

She smiled at them, "I'm Ivy. It's very nice to meet you both."

Amun and Kebi had showed her to their dwelling and it was beautiful. The intricate tile designs on the floor blew her away and the way the structure was built was just breathtaking. It felt nice to get away from Forks, or just the US in general.

Something about Egypt was comforting. Maybe it was the hot, thick air or the people alway busy on the streets, or maybe it was just the country itself.

"Amun. You have brought in a guest, I see."

Two more vampires waltz in, calm smiles on their faces as they swung their intertwined hands slowly.

"This is Carlisle's newest coven member, Ivy. She will be staying with us for a few days. Ivy this is Benjamin and his mate, Tia."

Benjamin's eyes darted to Ivy's.

"Ahh...you have the same diet." He remarked, hinting at her golden eyes. "I strangely thought otherwise."

All of the vampires in the coven were quiet. They only spoke when prompted. Ivy liked Benjamin the best. He was the most fun and talkative out of all of them. Tia usually sat by his side and laughed at his jokes. It helped a lot that he could influence the elements and make little tornadoes in his palm using the orange sand that scattered across their home. They didn't really have a TV or electronics to entertain them. Ivy realized how the Cullens were much more in tune with humans than most vampires. Ivy had to light up a lantern to see anything at night. They rarely used electricity here, they felt no need to.

"So, what can you do?" Benjamin asked as they all gathered on one communal space. Ivy was seated on a small, wooden ottoman with a cushion on top of it.

Ivy sucked in a breath, "Oh, geez. Carlisle told me not to show you unless you asked. So...here goes."

She went silent and her eyes were vacant. Benjamin stood up from his seat abruptly in a robotic manner.

"What are you doing?" Amun asked.

"That's what she's doing!" Benjamin protested, struggling to point at the girl as he involuntarily twirled around. Amun's eyes widened.

"No...it can't be." He trailed off. He stood up from his seat, slowly. "Y-you're..."

"An Alpha...or whatever you call it." Ivy finished his sentence. He shook his head fervently.

"You have a marvellous power, but it is very dangerous. How come the Volturi have not come for you?" He questioned. Ivy shrugged.

"They...don't really know...I think. That's what Carlisle said. Nobody knows of my existence yet. Though they say I'll have to meet the Volturi some day, since they're like — the presidents of the vampires or something."

Benjamin chuckled.

"They are the law and order of our world. They are very ruthless and not to be trifled with." Amun explained, a small sense of fear in his eyes. Ivy could feel his emotions.

"What would they do if they knew what I was?" Ivy almost regretted asking that, she knew she wouldn't like the answer. The four vampires looked at each other, all possessing a horrified, knowing look.

Over the course of the next few days, Ivy was shown the Great Pyramid of Giza. She felt like a tourist as she stared at the large structure. "You know, I watched that thing get built." Amun remarked, pointing at it. Amun was wise, but she could tell he was afraid of Ivy. Every vampire that she met had the same attitude. Was being the Alpha something to be proud of or feared? Ivy found it more of a curse than a gift. Then again, she found the whole vampire thing to be a curse.

Ivy spent her time outside in the crowded markets and sandy villages. She got lost for a day or two and somehow ended back up at Amun's. Ivy did just about everything a normal tourist would have done in Egypt.

"Must be nice, exploring, seeing the world." Benjamin remarked, almost dryly. Ivy nodded, taking a swig of blood from the jar.

She held her breath as the others came back from their night out of chomping on humans. Ivy could smell the blood on them. She would've been sweating if she had the ability to. Kebi, having heard of Ivy's arrival, made sure to stock up on rabbit blood just in case she was vegetarian like the Cullens. Ivy was most grateful. It was still hard to consume animal blood when the whole coven cane back home reeking of human scent.

"Yeah, I didn't get to do much as a human. Now, I got the rest of eternity." She explained, watching the cars outside honk angrily and the sun had began to set.

"You are very lucky. I don't think I'd ever be able to leave Egypt, let alone this neighborhood." Benjamin chuckled to cover up his sadness. She could tell he was melancholic about it either way by the look on his face.

"Why not?"

"Amun is afraid for me. He thinks if the Volturi know about me, they'll take me and use my powers for their gain. He is right, but still. I'd like to see Europe one day." He proclaimed dreamily.

"And you — the Volturi would stop at nothing. They will come for you. They will do everything in their power to try and force you to be on their side, by whatever means necessary. When that day comes, you must call out to us. Amun might be less enthusiastic to help you, but you're a good person, Ivy. Kebi and I will do everything in our power to help you."

Ivy smiled at his kind words, almost ignoring the alarming nature of his words.

On the last day, Ivy's phone was bombarded with text messages and phone calls very late at night. They were barely delivered to her due to the phone service being so bad.

Upon receiving the messages, Ivy knew she had to cut her trip short.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 804 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...
5.1K 283 15
โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹† it didn't take one look to fall in love, but it certainly helped them realise, just how far gone they were. โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹†
3.1K 197 9
forgive, but never forget embry call x fem!oc book i. of the clair du lune series post breaking dawn au ยฉ ๐–†๐–‰๐–”๐–—๐–Š๐–‰๐–Ž๐–”๐–— 2024
1.9K 48 20
Olivia Frasier's parents have to move for work and they end up on the Quileute Indian Reservation in Washington state. As Olivia struggles to fit in...