Scarlet Spider

Od Zeus3609

(I don't own WandaVision) Peter Parker also known as the arachnid hero, Spider-Man, was at an all-time low. T... Viac

The Cast
CH 2
CH 3
CH 4
CH 5
CH 6

CH 1

2K 19 1
Od Zeus3609

"If she can change things as they go into the Hex, what happens if we send something that requires no change?"

The astrophysicist, Darcy Lewis, heard the question that Monica Rambeau asked as she mulled over the question in her mind but she kept getting distracted by the small comment that Agent Jimmy Woo made when he was talking to the Director of SWORD in defense of Wanda Maxmioff.

'And earliest tracking had her using her powers against the Avengers. Is that correct?'

'Right before she earned their trust and became one herself.'

"Wait a minute, that's it." The young woman whispered in realization as she turned to the other two people in the room, "I have an idea. Has anyone been in contact with the Secretary of State since this whole thing went down?"

"Director Haywards claims to have been in constant contact with Ross ever since discovering Wanda created the Hex, why?" Agent Jimmy answered, looking a tad confused at her question.

"Because the Raft has been keeping an Avenger close in their grasp, one who was in the fight in Germany and even knows Wanda. If we can bring them here then maybe, just maybe, they can convince Wanda to release Westview without causing a fight." Darcy answered as she grabbed her phone from her pants pocket and showed them the released airport footage of the fight that happened, mainly focusing on one particular person.

"Darcy, you can't be serious. He's an murder and a felon, he used drones to attack dozens of innocent civilians and even murdered an hero!" Monica exploded at the other woman while Jimmy was quiet but looked interested in the proposed idea, "Why should we even think about asking for his help let alone even entertain this idea."

"Look, I know it sounds bad but he was protesting his innocence when he got arrested and the evidence footage was missing a lot of time in between." Darcy defended, "Besides, do you have any of the Avengers on speed-dial? Because Thor doesn't exactly have a phone and Captain Marvel is currently in outer space last I checked."

"I mean I know Scott Lang." Jimmy weakly told them, "But he hasn't been in action since the blip, he's missed five years of his daughter's life and he doesn't want to waste another second so he's semi-retired for now."

"Exactly my point."

Monica groaned as she pinched the bridge of her nose, clearly angered and annoyed with the two of them, before finally looking up to speak, "I'm going to go see if I can find any type of drones from the 80's. You two can carry out this stupid plan yourselves, I want no part in it." And with that, she stormed out without looking back at the two.

"You made her really upset, like really upset. I've just met her and I can already say that doesn't sound like a good thing to ever do." Jimmy pointed out, but Darcy already knew that. She just swallowed before turning back to Jimmy.

"It doesn't matter now. Let's go get Spider-Man."

👩‍🍼👨‍🍼🍼🧸

"Who exactly are you two, again?" The guard demanded with a raised eyebrow, and the expression was really starting to make Darcy mad, especially with the way he was looking at them like they were children that wandered off somewhere.

"As we've already said, I'm FBI Agent Jimmy Woo, and she's Dr. Darcy Lewis," Jimmy explained, his tone showing his annoyance as well, before lowering his voice into a whisper. "Just tell Secretary Ross to come out here."

"And why should I tell him to come out here and talk to a FBI agent and a scientist about letting out a convicted super terrorist?"

"Okay, sir." Darcy spoke as she stepped forward, looking him dead in the eyes as the 'sir' sounded completely sarcastic, poking his chest with her index finger with her face neutral, "Here's what's going to happen, you're gonna get your boss down here and in return, I won't tell him how rude and condescending you were being to a woman who clearly outranks you. It's 2023, get with the program or get out of the way."

The man didn't say anything but did get up and walk out of sight, his face set in an angry scowl as he did so. Clearly not happy with the two of them.

"That was amazing," Jimmy spoke softly as he complimented her, obviously not wanting to make her mad at him as well and stay on her good side. "I'm impressed."

The astrophysicist merely smirked at the praise as a different guard than before came back and directed the duo past long hallways and many corridors before stopping in front of a metal door reading, 'THADDEUS ROSS, SECRETARY OF STATE.'

"The boss will see you shortly." The guard curtly told the duo before turning around to walk away leaving them in front of the metal door. Darcy and Jimmy both looked extremely nervous as they continued waiting for the former general, there was a high risk that the plan wasn't going to work at all and merely wasted their time.

It wasn't much longer than the two waited until they heard a male gruff voice say, "Come in." Darcy watched in nervous anticipation as the door slid open before the duo both walked into the office room, trying to hide their increasing anxiety.

In the room, it looked like a basic office with a normal standard black desk and chair, an office bookshelf with items in it, framed degrees on the walls, a carpet with a hex print on the ground, a black chair facing towards the desk, a paper shredder next to the desk, a expensive-looking computer on the desk next to some office supplies.

And sitting at the black desk, was an older looking Caucasian man. The man had short thinning gray hair, a gray mustache, cold brown eyes, and many wrinkles on his face due to age and possibly stress. He also wore a dark navy blue suit and tie while looking very stern at the two.

"Hello, Agent Woo. It's nice to see you again." Darcy watched the older man move toward Jimmy as the two engaged in a professional handshake before he turned over to her. "And you must be Ms. Lewis, I've heard great things about your research." He extended his hand toward her and she shook it, feeling just how cold but firm his grip was. "You seem to have angered my guard pretty well, but I'm sure that's not why you've come down to see me."

"Sir, you couldn't be more correct." Jimmy politely smiled as he sat down in one of the chairs with Darcy taking the other beside him, "If you'll allow my partner to explain. I'm sure you'll see the gravity of the situation."

Darcy waited until the man was fully sitting down himself behind desk before she explained everything about the events transpiring: Wanda taking Vision's body, turning an entire town into a sitcom and holding them hostage, Using the town to fulfill some strange sitcom, Wanda launching ejecting Agent Monica into the sky after she discovered that Monica was a SWORD agent, and finally ending with her own plan to get an Avenger that Wanda knows to try and talk her down while also convincing her to release the town.

"So you need help contacting an Avenger? Then why are you here and not speaking to Nick Fury? He's the one who formed that terrible Avenger protocol." Ross questioned, and both the FBI agent and the astrophysicist could see the look of confusion but also anger and coldness in his eyes that neither liked seeing.

"Not all of them." Jimmy spoke softly, not noticing the man's eyes, as he cleared his throat before speaking louder, "We were hoping you would temporarily release Spider-Man into our custody."

"Have you lost your mind!?" Ross exploded "You do realize that monster murdered someone in cold blood, tried killing dozens of innocent civilians, and nearly destroyed London?! He is a terrorist and a murderer who deserves to rot where he is."

"With all due respect, Secretary Ross, Wanda could destroy Westview if we don't act fast." Jimmy cut in, which was probably better for their chances as Darcy was resisting the urge to snap at the idiotic man, "It's only while we try and reason with Wanda, and we will bring him back as soon as we're done."

Darcy watched as Ross pinched the bridge of his nose, groaning in frustration, before looking at both of them. "Fine, but we're doing this on my terms."

"Which are?" Darcy tried to keep the annoyance out of her voice as she watched Ross cruelly smile.

"Once you relieve New Jersey of Maximoff, you bring Maximoff and Parker back here, together."

"Sir, I don't believe that it's a good idea. Wanda is processing trauma, sir, I don't think she's even aware of what she's doing." Darcy tried to reason with the older man, but he just shook his head.

"Ms. Lewis, I think you're smart enough to know that she, as you told me, purposely launched Captain Rambeau out of Westview without any problem as well as took an entire town hostage and stole the corpse of the Vision out of SWORD headquarters and not anyone could even stop her." He stood up and walked towards the door. "You can take Parker to reason with Maximoff and then bring them both back here, it'll be safer for them and the world that way. That's my only offer. So," he offered his hand to Darcy, "do we have a deal?"

She took a deep breath, trying to steady her furious emotions, before looking Ross directly in the eyes and gripped his hand a little tighter than she usually would. "Yes, sir, I believe we do and it's not Ms. Lewis but Doctor."

"Fabulous, Dr. Lewis ." He broke into a sadistic grin. "I have to get some things in order, but I will take you to Spider-Man. It's been a pleasure, Agent Woo." He headed toward the door before turning to Darcy then, as he disappeared down the hall leaving the two of them in the office, Darcy grabbed Jimmy's arm and whispered.

"I do not like that man."

"Me neither."

🍼🧸👩‍🍼👨‍🍼

Peter Parker, wearing his blue Raft standard uniform, stared blankly at the dimly lit ceiling of the underground prison; he still hadn't really come to terms with his newfound imprisonment. The teen had thought that the people would believe in his innocence and it'd be better if he went quietly but instead, he didn't even get a trial and was shoved in a dark dirty hole without a second thought. The arachnid hero wasn't sure how long he'd been imprisoned for but it seemed like an eternity had passed. Any use of powers activated the collar around his neck which would send volts of electricity through his body.

Peter sometimes wondered how Aunt May was doing, he could only hope that Happy was keeping her spirits up with his incarceration.

A loud buzzing sound broke him out of his depressing thoughts as Peter got out of the bed and looked past his door to see an elevator door opening and some people he never met along with Secretary Ross were heading towards him.

One person was a tall slender brown eyed adult woman with clean brown hair, thick black glasses, and wore a grey beanie on her head. Another was an Asian-American man who wore an black FBI jacket.

"Parker!" Ross barked, "You have visitors. You got five minutes with them, I'd use it wisely."

"Yes, Mr. Ross." Peter dully told the man as the older gentleman left.

The unfamiliar man and woman were now standing outside his cell door as they looked, cautiously, at the boy. The only thing separating them were the heavy barred doors that stopped him from escaping.

"U-uh, hello, I'm Peter. Parker." The teen swallowed, "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yes, you can. My name is Agent Jimmy Woo and this is Dr. Darcy Lewis." The man introduced himself and the woman as 'Darcy' gave him a friendly wave and a smile, "We understand you knew Wanda Maximoff during your time as an Avenger."

"I mean, yeah but only a few times." Peter awkwardly informed the two, "Why does that matter?"

"Look, kid, we need your help. To put it shortly, Wanda Maximoff has recently stolen Vision's corpse and is using her powers to live in a sitcom world with him. She has seemingly taken an entire town in New Jersey hostage to live in this sitcom and has recently given birth to twin boys who have somehow aged themselves up to eleven years old." Jimmy gravely informed the shocked teen, "since we've seen the footage and we know you fought with Ms. Maximoff in the battle against Thanos, we were hoping to recruit you so you could try and talk her out of it."

Peter nodded, even though he was still trying to process what the woman told him. "I'd like to help, I really would but the problem is that I barely know her. I was mostly fighting with Mr. Stark during the fight and she was fighting either with someone else or by herself. The only time we met in the fight was when she helped protect me when I had the gauntlet."

"Oh yeah, I remember that." Darcy recalled, remembering the news footage, "It was like the mother and big sister instincts of superheroes."

"Yeah, that." The teen hero blushed at her words, feeling embarrassment over how she described it.

"We're hoping she recognizes you long enough to snap out of it." Agent Woo spoke softly,  "And we know that you have some experience with people who can create illusions and manipulate reality, since you helped Quentin Beck take down the Elementals before betraying him. So, are you in?"

"Okay." Peter nodded, ignoring the urge to tell them just who Mysterio really was. They wouldn't believe him anyways, "I'm in. What do you need me to do?"

🍼🧸👩‍🍼👨‍🍼

"...and then if everything goes well, Wanda will be compliant to come with and we can take her in for interrogation," Jimmy finished explaining the plan, just as they arrived back at the military base. The white van door then opened and as Darcy stepped out to stretch, Jimmy took the time to unlock the teenager's handcuffs. "But soon as the job is done," The man instructed, "we gotta put them back on and take you back, okay, kid?"

Peter nodded in acknowledgment before he stepped out of the van and followed him outside to the field. Unfortunately, at the very bottom of the hill, stood about fifty or so SWORD agents, Director Hayward with a broken drone at his feet, Captain Monica Rambeau, and an incredibly angry Wanda Maximoff.

Said Wanda who also had about a thousand green laser guns pointed at her and didn't look deterred in the slightest.

Shit, just what did he walk into? Was it too late to go back to prison?

"You have to understand us, Wanda!" Director Hayward shouted and, as Peter was led closer, he could make out more of what the director was saying. "The missile was just a precaution. I mean, you can hardly blame us, Wanda."

Wanda tilted her head, and Peter could tell she meant trouble. "Oh, I think I can." Her Sokovian accent came out as she bitterly told the group, her jaw tightening, "This will be your only warning. Stay out of my home. You don't bother me and I won't bother you."

"I wish it could be that simple." Director Hayward sympathetically told the woman, "You've taken an entire town hostage."

"Well, I'm not the one with the guns, Director." Wanda pointed out to the man.

"But you are the one in control." Monica stepped forward as she tried to remind the powerful woman.

"You're still here." The female Avenger noticed as a red cloud circled beginning to form in her palm in a very threatening way.

"Wanda, I didn't know the drones were armed." The agent tried to tell the Sokovian woman, "But you know that, don't you? A town full of civilians. And you, a telepath, brought a S.W.O.R.D. Agent into your home. You trusted me to help deliver your babies. On some level, Wanda, you know I am an ally. I wanna help you."

"How? What could you possibly have to offer me?" The auburn woman questioned.

"Now's your chance, kid. Don't mess it up" Darcy whispered, lightly shoving the teenager forward, and Peter took the opportunity to run forward and join the crowd, lightly stumbling, as he stopped in front of the large group and was face-to-face with the Sokovian woman.

"Wanda, please, stop!" The teen called out and saw a brief flicker of recognition in her eyes as Wanda turned her gaze towards him. "I... It's Peter, remember? I'm Spider-Man! We fought together against Thanos. I know that life is hard, believe me I know, but you don't want to do this. I can already see that a part of you knows this is wrong. You just have to stop and let everyone go." he pleaded, seeing the psionic red energy she held in her hand dim slightly.

The green-eyed woman in question looked like she was momentarily considering it as she slowly stepped forward, beside her, the power in her hands continually diminished as the guns still remained aimed at her. She looked like she didn't care, though. Instead, she stood still, her intense stare unmoving, as the female Avenger stood directly in front of the young hero.

"Yes, Peter, you do know what it's like." Wanda informed the boy, her voice oddly soft despite how menacing she looked in that moment, "I know how the world treated you after you saved it and yet, you continue to run recklessly into danger. As if you're a child craving parental affection from the rest of the world. Affection which I am more than happy to give. It will be a hard adjustment at first but soon, you'll come to love your new life."

"Wha...." Peter began to ask but didn't have time as Wanda then waved her hand over his face, he suddenly felt very tired as his eyes were like lead and had an incredible need to sleep as if he had no energy left. The teen closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep without a care in the world and the last thing he noticed was the auburn haired woman lightly brushing the hair out of his face while making shushing sounds as if he was a fussy child.

🍼🧸👨‍🍼👩‍🍼

The teenage boy now floating in her grasp, Wanda turned around, walking back to the barrier and forcibly pried it open as she ignored the screams and protests behind her who were yelling at her to come back and release the boy taken hostage.

It was for the best that Peter came back with her, anyways. The teen was clearly in bad conditions where he was with his exhausted eyes, ragged hair, and too thin body weight. It would be better for everyone if the boy was under her care. She could show him the love and care that he so desperately needed.

Seeing how hurt this boy was, it felt like Wanda was physically hurt as well. Now that she was a mother, the sight of someone so young hurting made her think what if it had been Tommy or Billy in that situation? Who would help them?

And with her twins' rapid aging to preteens, the auburn haired woman felt reminest of a time to raise them when they were babies but since they aged so quickly that she never had the chance in the first place. She wanted a chance to raise a baby, to have someone completely utterly dependent on her.

Maybe, Peter Parker could be that chance for her.

With that thought in mind, the Avenger crossed the barrier back into Westview and made sure to seal the opening behind her and turn it a red color before the woman continued making her way back to her home; back to her family, who would be there for her and love her and now, Peter would be a part of that family too.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

7.6K 277 50
✨Peter Parker/ Marvel FANFICTION ✨ : : : Y/n lives and works at hydra. An assassin who can do anything and more goes against the one thing that can s...
128K 3.4K 25
❝ y-you just WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND! ❞ I snapped staring into my clenched fists ❝ What don't I understand peter?❞ Tony kept a concerned tone, never onc...
21.8K 433 15
*fair warning, this is my first story so it's trash.* Wanda Maximoff has already been through too much in her life. The loss of her parents, her home...
196K 4.5K 35
I walked home, listening to the beats on my headphones. It was a normal day, i was just minding my own business. Hiding my powers, as usual. I was ju...