Beyond The Lamppost

By ineffable_narnia

Just A book of Narnia one shots!!! I hope you all enjoy these and I hope they can maybe help you to see Narni... More

He Missed his Father
I'll be
Four Extrodinary Kids from England
Like an Ocean
I promise
Write The Future
You Lowered Your Sword
You Don't Have to Face the World Alone
Together Forever
The Best Big Brother Ever
Because I Love You
All I Care About
Everything Was Right in the World
I Forgive You For Everything
I Will Always Forgive You
Always The Youngest
Goodbye is Not Forever
Just
Goodbye
I Can Only Imagine
Lost Without You - Part 1
Lost Without You - Part 2
Lost Without You - Part 3
Peter Would Want You to Have it
To Love At All is to be Vulnerable
The Best Gift I've Ever Recieved
The Best Christmas
The First Christmas in Narnia
Happy Birthday Ed
Too Good of a Big Brother
For Narnia and For Aslan
Brothers Forever
A Wild Imagination
Love and Sacrifice
Random Prompts Game
Random Prompts Game Part 2
That's What Friends Are For
Home
I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way
Stay Gold
Random Prompts Game Part 3
Incredibly Grateful
Now My Eyes Leak Acid Rain
How Rare and Beautiful it is to Even Exist
Random Prompts Game Part 5
Random Promps Game - Part 6
The Most Difficult Thing I've Ever had to do
Until His Dying Breath
Turned into Your Worst Fears
Longing For Love
Lucy Had Nothing
Random Prompts Game - Part 7
The World Hated Me First
Home
Random Prompts Game - Part 8
Random Prompts Part 10

Random Prompts Game Part 4

162 7 10
By ineffable_narnia

As you probably guessed, I played the prompt game with Nina again 😂 These were only done in ten minutes and they're not edited so please keep that in mind 😂 I also didn't QUITE finish a couple so I had to add a couple sentences on at the end😂 anyway hope y'all enjoy 💕

Time
We only have so much time, and no one knows how long their time will last.

We think we have forever, but we don't.

You could die tomorrow. You could die today. You could die right now.

Nobody knows until it happens.

And when it happens, time stops.

Time stopped for Susan that day. Not only did time stop, but her world stopped spinning.

The day she lost her entire family, time stood still. She had no perception of time really. Just shock. And anger. Grief. Regrets. Everything but time.

And soon she realized how much time she had wasted.

The days she spent laughing, because her siblings were still playing a game from their childhood. That was time she could have spent with them.

The nights she spent wondering if her siblings had gone mad, because they still believed in fairytales. What was the harm in that? Why would she ever think such horrid things about her family.

And the biggest regret she had, was the time she screamed at Lucy. She told her to stop playing her game, and grow up. Act her age. But Lucy had always been a child at heart. There's nothing wrong with that, and Susan knew that now.

The last time she saw Lucy alive, she screamed at her.

And now, she couldn't fix it.

Because Lucy, along with the rest of Susan's family, was killed in a train crash the next day.

Susan ran out of time that day, and she could never ever get it back.

Snow

"It's snowing!" Lucy said, running up to her siblings. "Mommy mommy can we go play in the snow?!"

Helen chuckled at her daughter, looking out the window. "Sure, darling. But you're siblings must come with you. You're only 5 years old so you can't go alone."

"Peter Peter Peter!" Lucy called, and Peter came running down the stairs.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Lucy said. "I want you to come play in the snow with me."

Peter laughed. "Sure. I'll go tell Susan and Edmund while you get all bundled up, okay."

Lucy quickly nodded before rushing to get her coat, gloves, hat and scarf. And about ten minutes later, she stood outside in the snow. Building a snowman with her family.

"This is so fun!" Lucy said, watching as Peter and Susan gave the snowman a middle. "I love snow!"

"Me too." Edmund said, as he began making the head.

"Lucy will you go get a carrot for his nose and some coal for his eyes and mouth?" Susan asked.

Lucy nodded before rushing inside, coming out with coal and carrots a couple minutes later.

Edmund had just put the snowman's head on so it worked out perfectly.

Peter gave the snowman a face, and they all smiled when they had finally finished.

"What should we name him?" Lucy said.

"Edmund!" Edmund suggested.

"That's a bit selfish, Ed don't ya think?" Peter said, laughing.

"It's a great name." Edmund replied with a shrug.

"What do you think we should name him, Lu?" Susan asked.

Lucy thought for a moment. "How about Olaf!"

"I love it." Susan said.

"Everyone, meet Olaf." Peter said.

Lucy clapped at this, jumping up and down as she smiled.

"Guys, I've made you all hot chocolate!" Their mum called.

"Ooh hot chocolate!" Edmund said, immediately going inside.

"Great I'm freezing." Susan said, following him.

"Thanks for playing with me, Peter." Lucy said, as Peter grabbed her hand and lead her inside.

"You're welcome, Lu. I love playing with you. I love you."

"I love playing with you, and I love you too!"

Sick

"You're right. He's sick." A healer said to the Pevensies after checking Edmund over.

"On Peter's birthday?!" Lucy cried.

"I'm afraid so." The healer replied. "He has the flu, but he should be fine after a few days."

Peter sighed snd nodded his head. "Thank you. We'll let you know if we need anything."

The healer nodded before leaving.

"I guess I kinda ruined your birthday, huh?" Edmund said, coughing harshly.

"You didn't ruin it, Ed." Peter said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I'm just glad it's only the flu and not anything worse."

"But I'm still sick on your birthday."
Edmund said. "I'm sorry."

Peter shook his head. "It's not your fault, Ed. Don't worry about it. I just want to spend the day making sure you're okay."

"I'm fine Peter." Edmund sighed. "It's just the flu."

"I'm mot taking any chances." Peter said.

Edmund sighed, of course Peter was going to stay here with him on his birthday, while Edmund was sick.

"Well at least let me give you your present." Edmund said.

"Only if you're feeling up to it." Peter said.

"I am, I promise." Edmund told him, already grabbing the box.

Peter took it from him, smiling as he opened it up. And he smiled even wider when he saw what was inside.

It was a necklace, with a golden crown charm at the bottom. And "Magnificent" was carved into the crown. "Ed, this is beautiful." He stared at the necklace.

Edmund smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

"I love it." Peter said, hugging Edmund. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Happy birthday Peter."

Strong

Edmund had been through more than anyone should have to go through in their lives. Let alone at the age of twelve.

He was kidnapped by Jadis, and kept as her prisoner. And while he was there, he was in so much pain.

Guilt weighed on him like bricks because he had betrayed his family.

And the physical pain hurt just as much.

Slaps. Whip lashes. Kicks and punches. It was traumatizing.

But the most traumatic experience, was when she stabbed him. With the same wand he'd broken.

It hurt more than he could describe.

But, he lived.

He survived being stabbed.

He survived being held captive.

He survived being starved.

He survived being held prisoner.

He survived physical abuse for days on end.

He survived all unbearable pain he was put through.

Edmund Pevensie was a survivor, and he was so much stronger, because of it.

Pain

The Pevensies had felt more pain than anyone should ever have to feel.

They said goodbye to their father when he fought in the war, not knowing if he would come back alive.

They said goodbye to their mother, leaving their home so they would be safe from the war.

And in Narnia, the pain was just as painful.

Edmund was put through an unimaginable amount of pain by Jadis. And nearly killed by her.

Lucy and Susan watched Jadis kill Aslan, and grieved over him for an entire night.

Peter had to lead a battle at a young age, even though he was beyond terrified.

Lucy thought she had lost her friend, when she saw he was a mere piece of stone.

Peter, Susan, and Lucy, watched as Edmund nearly died right in front of their eyes.

They were taken away from the land they called home.

They were brought back, but it wasn't the same.

Peter and Susan were told they could never return.

Edmund and Lucy returned, but were told the same thing.

None of them could return to their home.

It was painful for them all. More than they ever thought possible.

But Peter, Edmund and Lucy didn't know true pain.

Only Susan did.

Susan found out what true pain felt like, the day she lost her entire family in a train crash, and was all alone.

Forever.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 159 25
A Christmas/winter themed one-shot for every day in December leading up to Christmas! Hope y'all enjoy!!!πŸ’•πŸŽ„β€οΈπŸ’šβ„οΈπŸŽ
107K 1.7K 22
"But Peter, It was always you..." Must be Love || THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA PETER PEVENSIE X OC [EVERYTHING BELONGS TO DISNE...
49.5K 1.1K 11
Y/n, Edmund, and the other Pevensie siblings haven't been to Narnia in awhile. And they all miss it. They miss the adventure, the creatures. Everythi...
15.1K 260 15
Around a year after they have returned from Narnia Edmund falls ill and the doctors believe they cannot save them. A message from Aslan reaches the P...