๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†, ๐„๐•๐„๏ฟฝ...

By arthurm0rgan

When a reserved, quiet teen moves to Forks to take care of her crime novelist grandfather, she finds herself... More

1
2
3
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

18

1.8K 66 0
By arthurm0rgan

TW!: light mentions of suicide, please read with caution lovelies <3.

ALSO two chapters in one day???? You're welcome! Jokes, but expect a couple more. I'm on a writing streak right now. Thanks for reading.

Jasper collapsed on top of Ivy, who fell on Emmett, who groaned into the mattress. "I am so damn tired from running all that way." She complained. Her eyes were pitch black.

A hour after Ivy had left Bella and Edward, she grabbed some blankets from the house and some hot soup she hastily poured in a big thermos mug and bolted right back to them. Thankfully, Bella was okay because of that.

"You were tired from running? Jasper and I had to snap some gnarly newborn necks left and right!" Emmett tried to one-up her.

"You were right, Jazz. Maybe I should have hunted with you guys the night before."

Jasper chortled, "When am I ever wrong, Ivy?"

"When you said you'd beat me at chess, and stop calling me that!"

She pushed him away as Jasper slid off her bed. Alice put her hands on her hips as she shook her head at the three of them.

"Hey! Don't think you can put your feet up just yet. We still have some wedding prep to do!" She scolded, slapping Ivy's ankle that hung off the edge of the bed with a folded piece of paper.

"What's that?" Ivy pointed to the paper.

"It's everything you three need to help get done."

Emmett groaned at Alice's reply. "Why can't Rosalie help?"

"She's doing things for the bride!"

Ivy scoffed, "Why can't I do things for the bride?" She feigned offence.

"Because your newborn strength parallels that of Emmett. Three of you need to get the decorations movin'!"

After her hunting trip, she was needed in the garden. Ivy looked at the log in front of her. She was assigned three tasks: move all the logs into the places Alice wanted, hang the floral decorations on the trees and the lights, help build the wedding arch.

Ivy had two longs in between her arms, she carried them with no difficulty. One of them had almost hit Carlisle in the head, who brushed off her incessant apologies. She had to move six in total. After the little incident, Ivy had slowed herself down and worked a little more carefully.

The second task was easy, Ivy clawed her way up the tallest tree and hung the branches. She swung around with the lights and flowers hanging off her neck.

The third task wasn't hard at first, but she couldn't handle Jasper and Emmett's constant bickering caused her to control the two into working together. Ivy wondered why she hadn't done that sooner.

The whole day had gone by and Ivy realised that the wedding was tomorrow morning. The family had gathered in the living room to socialise once more before the big night. Rosalie said very little, and Ivy said nothing at all. She didn't realise how bothered she was by not being able to attend their wedding. Reading her thoughts made Edward sad and he wasn't supposed to be sad on his wedding night.
One part of her brain was thinking about what she could do alone while everyone was having fun at the wedding. The other thoughts were about how lonely she was.

Ivy excused herself from the living room, she made her way up into the attic. When the Cullens were away and she was home alone, Ivy often went up into the Attic. She climbed on a ledge and there was a clearing of trees just above the house that showed the incredible array of stars that littered the sky. She leaned back and sighed.

Life was hard without Sam. She tended to avoid thinking of him when she was near Edward, for her thoughts were far too loud to be ignored. She knew any mention of the wolves angered Edward thanks to Jacob, so Ivy avoided the thoughts all together. Whenever she would start thinking of him, Ivy would block it out. It was hard, considering she was never not thinking of him, but she made it work.

A melancholic howl echoed through the woods.

She shut her eyes and listened to the soft tune of the wolf, and hope that wherever it was. The wolf would be at peace.

The wolf, just a few miles from La Push beach, was not at peace. In fact, it was crying, begging to turn back into a human.

Sam shifted back after the meeting with Jacob and had not calmed himself enough to change back. He feared he might have been stuck in that form forever. This could be subject to the multiple times he had tried to throw himself off the cliff and into the water, only to be washed away back on shore. Or when he tried to run past a speeding car, only for the car to spiral off into a tree. Nothing seemed to kill him.

At this point, he wondered if he had really ran into Ivy or he had just hallucinated the entire thing. What was she doing so far out in the woods? Why did she seemed panicked, what was she running from?

He needed to see her, touch her just once more. Then he could die happy.

Sam hoped to god that he really did see her.

The next morning, Ivy watched the guests pour in the house from the attic. She sighed, blowing a strand of hair out from her face. She twirled a small flower in her hand, picking the petals off one by one delicately and letting them float to the ground at the bottom. Ivy wanted to be the flower girl, but she couldn't be seen at all. Jasper was no help, either. Just before the ceremony started, she asked him to collect some books for her to read from the library. He obliged, but only brought back history textbooks.

Ivy leaned her head against the attic window and swung her feet around.

She wondered if this was her life now. Kept away in the attic, hidden, a secret. If so, she contemplated if being dead was better.

The whole day she was stuck in there.

Ivy only began to rise from her seat when Jasper had knocked on the attic door, letting her know she was free to come out.

"You are free now. We can go to Asia like you wanted!" Alice said, grabbing her sister's hand and dancing on her tippy-toes. Ivy found herself unable to smile. She realised now the gravity of her choice. She was to leave Forks, a place Ivy held dear to her heart. She had to leave her grandpa, whose death could be tomorrow. She also had to leave Sam. The only one Ivy wanted to be around.

"I guess," Ivy choked out, "I should start packing."

She turned around quick, to avoid showing her face that was beginning to shrivel up like a prune as she began to cry. Ivy was glad Edward wasn't around to read her thoughts. Jasper was there and he could feel everything she felt, everything just too much. But he kept his mouth shut, not uttering a single word.

Ivy passed a window and didn't notice it at first, but she looked again and stopped dead in her tracks.

It was the black wolf, sitting in front of the window and staring right back at her with those golden, glowing eyes. Ivy swallowed back a lump in her throat. She couldn't move.

The closer she got to the wolf, the more she recognised it. It was Sam! She began to remember the night he killed her. A flash of dark, black fur. Those eyes.

"Sam?" She cried out, her voice barely a whisper. She held her cold hand up to the glass on the window, leaving a print. The wolf huffed, backing away. It looked at her one last time with that golden leer, and took off.

The Cullens didn't even have time to react before Ivy had her foot out the door. She disappeared in the woods in pursuit of the wolf.

Sam was fast, but Ivy was faster. She had chased him through the stream, in the fields and past all the trees. Sam finally stopped when he met a dead end in the form of a bottom of a mountain.

Ivy panted, as the wolf backed away, seemingly afraid of her.

"Sam, I know it's you. Please. I just need to...see you. I just want to talk."

Ivy inched closer, holding her arms out to him. He was astonished. How could Ivy still want to hold him, let alone even look at him after what he had done?

"Sam...." She trailed off. He could never forget the way she said his name. Not now, not ever. Ivy knew the real him, and she knew there was something wrong with him. Still, she wasn't afraid of him and the constant need to be around him was stronger than ever for some reason.

"Why aren't you shifting back?" She asked. "Please, come back." pleaded the desperate girl.

The wolf laid at her feet, bending down. It even appeared smaller than her in this light. Ivy buried herself in its fur, rubbing her face against the soft material.

Those words and her touch were all it took for him to phase back into the Sam she once knew. Albeit a scruffier looking one. He sniffled into her chest, legs failing him.

"I...I thought I'd lost you forever." He sobbed. "I thought I'd never see you again."

He gripped her sweater and held her as tight as he could but also as delicately as he could at the same time, afraid that one wrong move might hurt her. She pet his dirty, messy hair.

Sam had noticed the coldness of her body, she had not been this cold before. He looked up to see her golden eyes, they looked exactly like his. Ivy no longer had colour on her face, too. The scent of her was not the same. Nothing was the same. Sam jolted up, backing up into the dirt behind him.

"You're— you're...one of them now!" He exclaimed, horrified. Ivy couldn't show her sadness on her face, but she showed it with the tone of her voice.

"I thought you knew? How do you think I chased you all the way here? How do you think I ran from you that last time?"

"No, I thought I wasn't thinking straight. What...Ivy what have they done to you?" He questioned, a horrified expression fell on his face.

She furrowed her brows at him, positively disgusted at his reaction. "What have they done to me? This is what you did! You think they wouldn't have saved my life? I...I died for you, Sam! I was reborn again, as this creature you hate with all of your heart, if you even have one. If you can't accept me now, then you have proved to me that you've never loved me in the first place."

"I didn't want to hurt you!"

"You didn't want to! But you did." She cried out, "But you did, Sam. And now look what you've done. I'm a soulless creature who drinks blood."

Sam fell to his knees, "It's all my fault, Ivy. I-"

When he looked up, she was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 794 21
โ› I'M NOT LETTING YOU BE ALONE EVER AGAIN. I PROMISE. โœ in which a girl finds her soulmate and spends forever with him.
115K 1.8K 35
Loyalty can either save you or kill you.
103K 3.1K 27
[ c o m p l e t e d ] "Be careful, above all, of your hate for them. Because when you stop fighting for love of whats behind you, and start fighting...
4.3K 243 15
โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹† it didn't take one look to fall in love, but it certainly helped them realise, just how far gone they were. โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹†