Captive In The Spotlight

By Imran_Rio

She clenched her fist so hard, her knuckles starts turning red. She groaned like a wounded lion trying hard t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Questions and Answers
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Sneak Peek
Book Trailer
Casts
News
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Ten

52 17 14
By Imran_Rio

This chapter is dedicated to my siblings, Muheebah, Mardhiyah and Neemah. Thanks for the emotional support and immense love. Y'all made this dream easy to achieve. I love y'all.
Don't forget to follow Imran_Rio

Enjoy!

No! This is impossible! This can't happen. Why is all of these happening! No not him. Ya Allah please keep him alive. I promise to be good from now on, please, I will always obey you. Oh Allah please!!

Her body trembled as her house came in sight. She stopped dead in her tracks when she reached the door. She let out a breath and tears rolled down her face. She breath in and out slowly to calm herself down. She wiped her face and sniffed.

With trembling hands she opened the door and walked in slowly. The first person she saw took her by surprise, she gasped. The same person she was informed was involved in a brutal accident stood right infront of her, healthy and not even in the slightest injured.

"What the heck is happening here?" Fateemah almost shouted. She ran towards Raheem to hug him but he moved backwards and raised a hand to stop her. Fateemah stared at him confused.

Just as Raheem was about to speak, Sheikh Hassan walked in with a frown and stern face. "Asala.............." Fateemah was cut short.

"Why aren't you putting on those slutty clothes you put on at school. Why are you here covered." His voice full of irritation and disgust.

Fateemah stared wide eyed, she began to tremble again. "Da...... Dad.....I .......I Wha..... what are you talking about D...Dad!" She stuttered.

"Are you trying to feign innocence right now? Why are you here all covered? Why can't you come home with the skimpy you always put on at school." Her Father said slowly moving closer to her.

Her lips began to tremble. She fidgeted with her hands. Thing she does when she gets nervous and tensed. She opened her mouth but nothing came out. Numerous thoughts began to race in her mind.

"Why are you silent! Answer me!" Her Father shouted and she flinched, he's now few feet away from her.

"Dad......... It's all a lie........." The next action of her father took everyone by shock. She winced at the impact and involuntarily held her hand to her cheek. Tears welled up in her eyes.

Her father had slapped her and that's the first physical pain that was ever inflicted on her by Father. Pain coursed through her entire body and her heart clenched in pain. She stared up to make an eye contact with her but the look in his eyes was filled with anger, disappointment and hatred.

She let out a small cry. Not because of the slap but the pain of seeing her father treating her this way.

"Dad please I....... I am sorry but please it's not what you think. I have my reasons......" She managed to say amidst tears.

Sheikh gave her a disgruntled look and shook his head in despair. "I am so embarrassed and ashamed to be called your father. What else does a parent have to do that we didn't do. Where exactly do I lack? I gave you so much freedom no parent could ever give. I showed you so much love and care. I open up to you and expect you to do the same. I relate with you in the best way possible! I did everything I could ever do to be the best dad to you. Where exactly do I lack tell me! Where was I faulty in our relationship? I never questioned you unless it's very necessary because I trusted you.............." He cried harder and Fateemah wailed. "I trusted you but not anymore, I did everything possible but No! This is what you decided to reward me with. Prostitution!"

Her legs trembled and her whole body began to shake. She began to weep so hard. Her vision, blurred due to the non stop tears.

Sheikh wiped his tears with the back of his hand and sniffed. "I have made my decision since you've also decided to do what you wanted. I am getting you married next week. On the fifth of next month."

All colors drained from her face and a chill ran down her spine. She chocked on her spit and coughed. She started feeling cold all of a sudden. Blood ran to her ears and they twitched upwards.

She fell on her knees all of a sudden and her tears increased in their pace. "Dad I'm so sorry please do anything else but this. I know I've disappointed you but please I really ha... Have my reasons. Please Dad do anything you want but not but this." She cried harder.

Sheikh's heart clenched hearing her daughter's cries, but he waved it off. "There's no turning back in this. You are getting married and there's no one that'll stop the wedding from happening."

Thousands of thoughts raced through her mind. The lifeless soul haunted her and the memories of the past flashed through her mind. She thought of everything she's left behind and all she needs to accomplished. She mentally screamed No! She moved closer to her father.

"Dad please I'm begging you. Do anything you want but not this dad please."

"I have made up my mind and it'll never change. You're just a disgrace. I hate you Fateemah. I really hate you"

Fateemah looked up with tear stained face to meet her father's red and furious ones. Her lips started trembling. "Dad I'll get married if that's what you want but please let me go back to school and come back please. Thi..... This is a matter of life and death. I'll accept my punishment after that. Not on the fifth please. I'll gladly marry anyone please but let me go back first. I really need to be there. Please father."

Sheikh couldn't help but stare in shock. He felt so disappointed hearing her admit her crime and asking to go back. "You disgust me. All your phones will be seized and you will not be allowed to go anywhere until after your wedding. Raheem no one, I mean no one should contact her other than the family members. Have her locked up in her room. He said this and left angrily. Fateemah tried to follow him but stopped when he's out of her vision.

Fateemah cried and trembled with fear. All she ever tried to do was a noble work but now she's rewarded with a forced marriage and hatred from those she love the most.

She moved closer to where Raheem stood, crawling. She tried to make eye contact with him but he totally avoided it. He knew he could break down just by seeing her in so much pain. "Raheem please, Raheem you know I could never be what they described me. Fine! I act like it but I'm not that type. I know you understand me better than anyone. You know that I'm not promiscuous tell me you believe I'm innocent Raheem. Please I really need you to tell me."

Raheem's eyes were full of anger and disgust. He was so disappointed at her actions. He always trusted her blindly. At first he found it hard to believe but when he saw pictures of his sisters in skimpies that revealed half of her body, he was really shocked and disappointed.

"You disgust me Fateemah. You turn yourself into a lowlife slut. Fateemah I hate you!"

Fateemah slumped onto the floor. She froze as she wrapped her head around his words. No! This can't be happening! Raheem will never say he hates me. No! This is all a bad dream. Then she screamed covering her ears.

"Don't you even think of leaving or running away from the house cause if you do, I will sever all ties with you forever. I have to go cause we have a wedding ahead to prepare." Raheem said and left.

Fateemah sat in the same spot for hours. She wept until her eyes starts aching and her headache worsened.

"Sister Fatty please come inside. You've been crying since. Please come inside and freshen up please." Zainab, her immediate younger sister consoled her.

Fateemah sluggishly stood up and drag her feet to her room. Her head was spinning and her eyes, aching. She slumped unto the bed and started crying again.

For good three days, Fateemah refused to let anyone in and neither did she leave the room. Zainab tried all she could but to no avail. Mrs Hassan then became worried about her daughter's health. She had refused to see her, believing she could loose her mind just by seeing her.

But this, she couldn't take it anymore. "Fateemah open this door!" She knocked harshly.

Fateemah who sat on the floor and stare into the space all day long sprang up and opened the door. She missed her mother so much and it hurts her that her mother refused to see her.

Hearing her voice gave her some hope. She felt happy knowing she still cares about her.

"Why did you decide to lock yourself indoor? What if you die or something bad happens to you? What do you think you're doing?" Mrs Hassan attacked immediately she opened the door.

Fateemah gave her a sad smile and tears began to stream down her face. She hugged her mother so tight and it took her a lot not to hug her back and soothe her hair.

She pushed her backwards. "You'll eat right now and right infront of me. Do you understand?"

Fateemah wiped her tears and nod in approval. Mrs Hassan called upon Zainab to bring the food and she did.

After making sure she ate all the food with pestering and threats and everything was cleared, she began to talk to her. "How dare you do this to us. Your father has a big reputation, he's well known and respected for his piousness and you! You decided to reward all our love for waywardness. I really wish you weren't born!"

Fateemah gasped at her last statement. Tears welled in her eyes again and she shook her head in disapproval.
"Mum please it's all a lie! I look like it but that's not who I am mom! Please believe me!"

"Can you even listen to yourself? You sound like an idiot! So was he lying about it all. He showed us evidence and proofs. He even tried to talk to you, to warn you but what did you do? You insulted him and insist on behaving like the imbecile you are."

Fateemah froze and gaped at her mother. 'Musab' Her mind screamed. "Mum......... Mu....... Musab came here to report me to Dad." She kept wondering how they know and believed Musab still loves her and wouldn't want to hurt her again but now she's wrong. Every hope of forgiving him crashed immediately after knowing he's behind her downfall.

"That bastard!!" She half screamed and her mother glared at her.

"You should forever be grateful to him cause he's done you a huge favor by doing what he did. Now I'm here to warn you. If you misbehave until your wedding day I swear I'm going to disown you."

Fateemah cried and begged her mother. How can she accept her getting married to someone she didn't know and love. This is all wrong. This means destroying her life.

"Mum please don't do this to me I'm begging you please......... I promise I........I.......mum......... Please don't destroy my life like this please........ Mum......." She wept uncontrollably.

Her mother's palm kissed her cheek hard and she winced from the pain. That she did was to cut her short from her stuttering.

She fell onto her knees and grab ahold of her mother's leg. Tears refusing to stop flowing and her heart, aching. Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen from the non-stop flow of tears. She hiccuped as she tried to voice another plea.

"Please mum don't ruin me like this! I'm sorry....... I........I... really am! Please all I'm asking for is another chance and I.....I promise to make things right mom. Don't watch me getting ruined like this...... I'm pleading with you mo........"

She jerked her leg away from her daughter's hold, staring down at her with disgust and distaste. "You've lost that right of calling me your mother you despicable girl. You're ruined already. You've brought down shame upon your family with what you did, and thank God! Thank God for him! If not him that gave us a solution? Do you know what would have happened to you and you.........." She raised her head up trying so hard not to let the tears slip from her eyes. She sniffed. "You have the nerve to call it destruction!! I actually thought you would've learnt your lessons and be grateful to God for this alliance but No!!! The devil in you isn't allowing you to think straight."

She clenched her fist so hard, her knuckles starts turning red. She groaned like a wounded lion trying hard to stop her aching heart. 'Musab!!! You'll surely pay this cause now I know you're behind all of this. You promise to destroy me and you did. I pray never to set my eyes on you again cause I swear that day is going to be your last!!'

"Then this is not the solution mum! That bastard is the real monster here mom just........ Just hear me out mum. He's worse than......."

Her mother's palm landed on her cheek hard cutting her short. She slumped into a nearby chair in shock and tiredness. She glare at her in confusion. "When I actually thought you'll .......... You called him a.... a monster! I should never have trusted you. You disgust me!!"

She stood up and wipe the threatening tear around her eyes away. She nodded in determination. "Your in-laws are going to be here anytime soon so start preparing and don't........ Don't you dare misbehave or cause any more trouble cause I swear I'll totally disown you."

Just as she was about to leave the room, she turned "Mind you. Put on the green gown cause that's Musab's favorite color."

As if on impulse, she sat up straight with bulging eyes. " Mu.....Musab??? Which Musab are you talking about please!!"

"The same Musab. You're marrying into the Zakariyah's family. Musab Zakariyah is your fiance." With that being said, she left the room.

Everything around her stopped suddenly. She started feeling cold and heat at the same time. She wanted to vomit and at the same time choke. That single named turned her world upside-down. "I'm marrying that....... that bastard!!! Musab you've just dug your own grave yourself and I swear on that wedding day, we'll be mourning your death. That I promise you."

Hey guys. 🤗🤗

This chapter is soo emotional.🤩🤩

I know right!! 🥰🥰

Do you think Teemah deserve all the hatred she's currently getting from her beloved ones.😍😍

Do you feel sympathy for her and do you think it serves her right.♥️♥️

Let me know your thoughts on this.🌹❤️🌹

Don't forget to vote and comment.😻😻

Stay safe,

Stay happy.💃

And keep reading💋💋

Rio❤️❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 541 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
Fallible By UmmSalmaan

General Fiction

4K 602 21
She didn't know she had it for him this bad until Umaymah told her he will be travelling out. It wasn't like she was going to see him often anymore...
34.5K 2.4K 81
"Don't get attracted to what you see, unless you wanna get burnt." He smirked, pinning his gaze on me. "What do you mean?" "Expect nothing from thi...