DASTAN-E-MOHABBAT

By shambhavisontakke

Sameer Maheshwari A popular actor, very professional to work with and does not get attached to anyone quickl... More

Character sketch
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter-7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter-20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 18

517 66 27
By shambhavisontakke

The grass tips shined, the river water turned warm and shiny as the sun now brightened heating up the earth. Amd so heated up was our Agarwal house.

"Tune hume yeh bataya kyon nahi?"

Rakesh asked Naina angrily as she told him that Sameer as well as Dadu had already told her everything before the Roka.

Rama-Tu hume uss wakt hi bata deti toh—

Naina-Toh kya maa?

Naina asked her mother.

Naina-Sameer pehle jo the aaj bhi wahi hai.

Rakesh-Woh Maheshwari nahi hai Naina, woh unka beta nahi hai.

Naina-Lekin usse Sameer thodi na alag hote hai.

Naina goes to her father.

Naina-Papa, humne Sameer se rishta woh Maheshwari hai isiliye thodi na joda hai, woh ache hai, mujhe khush rakhenge isiliye toh joda. Aapne dekha na woh sabki kaisi izzat karte hai, Aunty ke saath hamesha haath pakadke rehte hai, Bhabhi ko toh ek pal akela nhi chodte aur Dadi; jabse Dadu gaye hai tabse Sameer Dadi ko Mumbai apne saath hi le gaye hai.

Naina explained her father how attached Sameer is to his family, how he takes care of everyone, respects everyone and above all, loves everyone. She then turns to her mom who was seated on the sofa, and sits on her knees.

Naina-Maa, aap hi toh kal keh rahi thi ki Sameer kitne ache hai, mera kitna khyal rakhenge. Jiss Sameer ki aap kal itni tariff kar rahi thi woh aaj bura toh nahi hoga na, woh bhi iss wajah se ki woh Maheshwariyon ka sagga beta nahi hai? Krishna bhagwan bhi toh Yashoda maa ke sagge bête nahi the lekin fir bhi unhone toh hamesha Yashoda mata ko hi maa maana. Sameer bhi Vishakha aunty ko maa bulate hai, maante hai.

Naina stood up and looked at both her parents.

Naina-Aap log please galat mat samajhye, Sameer bure nahi hai.

Rama-Sameer bura hai yeh humne kaha hi nahi, lekin yeh sab hume pehle batana chahiye tha na.

Naina-Unhone kaha tha mujhe, woh khud bhi batana chahte the aap dono ko iss baare mein, par maine mana kiya.

Rakesh-Kyu? Naina tu humse jhoot kabse bolne lagi.

Naina-Maine jhoot nahi kaha papa, bas sach chupaya. Agar...agar uss wakt main ya Sameer aapko yeh batate toh aap unhe ussi nazariye se dekhte, ek god liye hue ladke ko dekhte lekin jab maine aapse yeh chupaya tab aapne usse dekha jo aapki beti ko khush rakhta.Aap unhe theek se jaante nahi the aur naahi jaan paate agar main aapko batati. Ab aap unhe jaante hai, ache se, ki woh kaise hai kaise nahi; yeh baat chodke ki unka surname sacha ya nahi.

Naina requested her parents to look and understand Sameer as Sameer and not Sameer Maheshwari. Just then she received a phone call from Kamya and she said she would reach the clinic soon. After disconnecting the phone she turned to her parents who were now silent and in deep thoughts.

Naina(slowly)-Maina aaj tak hamesha aapki baat maani hai aur aage bhi maanungi. Agar yeh sach jaanke aapko lagta hai ki shaadi wapis toot jaaye toh main mana nahi karungi.

Rama jerked her head up looking at her daughter who was once again ready to sacrifice her happiness for them. She watched Naina picking up her stuff and going out silently.

**********************************************************

The moon came up bright but painting the sky black. Stars seemed to have lost their shine. Even the dogs and crickets did not make much noise. All was silent just like the Agarwal family. No one spoke of the adoption since 2 days also not normally. It was almost bedtime when Naina saw her father standing in the balcony. She slowly went besides him and holding his arm, she rested her head on his shoulder.

Naina-I'm sorry, mujhe aapko pehle sab bata dena chahiye tha. Aapko...aapka jo bhi faisla hoga woh mujhe manzoor hai.

Naina apologised but Rakesh did not say a word. She too knew that her father was quite angry on this topic but his next statement made her shocked.

Rakesh-Tu kisi aur se shaadi karegi?

Naina jerked and looked at her father, his eyes held certainity and this confirmed that he was serious. The fear....fear of losing him came back, she was again losing him but then it was her father who took the decision. That one person whom she never went against, whom she never went against, whom she never questioned. She gulped and with misty eyes nodded a yes just for her father.

He smiled a little and said..

Rakesh-Main tere liye ek aisa ladka dhundunga jo tujhe hamesha khush rakhega. Tu rahegi na khush.

Naina(nodding)-Hmm. Aap jisse bhi chunenge woh mujhe khush hi rakhenge.

Rakesh tightly side hugged her when Naina said.

Naina-Par...par woh insaan sirf mujhe khush rakhega, kyunki aapki rajkumari ko rani sirf Sameer bana sakta hai.

Naina said looking in her father's eyes. She would be content with any other her father would choose but never be happy. Now she passed a small smile and was turned to go in her room when Rakesh asked.

Rakesh-Itna bharosa karti hai uspe?

Naina(turning)-Ha, par unse zyade aap pe aur aapke jhalak pe karti hun jo mujhe sirf unme dikhai deti hai.

Rakesh looked at his daughter in surprise, he knew she belived Sameer but didn't know she saw him in Sameer. He watched his daughter go in the room without objecting him but then saw Rama who was equally sad as her daughter.

Rama and Rakesh were on the bed facing on the opposite sides. When Rama turned and said.

Rama-Pyar karti hai Naina Sameer se.

Rakesh opened his eyes but didn't turn.

Rama-Usse pata nahi hai lekin uski aankhon mein dekha hai maine. Agar iss baar rishta toot gaya, toh woh wapis judd nahi payegi, toot jayegi puri tarah. (Pause) Mana Sameer god liya hua hai lekin sanskar toh Vivek bhaisaab aur Vishakha bhabhi ke hi toh hai. Ek khot nahi hai ladke mein toh kyu mana kar rahe hai. Ek mauka toh deke dekhiye. Please.

Rama tried convincing Rakesh which did work a little but he did not react at all, instead he switched off the light making Rama end her talks. She sighed and went back to her position, praying god to change her husband's mind.

**********************************************************

The Agarwal house was filled with laughter and chats and happiness, all the Maheshwaris and Agarwals all were gathered together for deciding Samaina's engagement date. Yes, Rakesh agreed for the alliance because nothing else but he just wanted to see his daughter happy. The day after Rama talked to Rakesh, he aanounced that he had called the Maheshwaris home for deciding the sagai date. Naina was very happy knowing her father was okay with Sameer's adoption issue and had agreed for them.

And today, after a week all were together sitting in the living room, waiting for panditji to tell them the auspicious days. The Panditji was calculating something and then said.

Panditji-2 ache muhurat hai, ek 3 din baad ka aur ek 1 ½ mahine baad hai.

Panditji announced 2 dates that were suitable for the engangement.

Rama-3 din baad ka muhurat bohot hi jaldi ho jayega, nahi.

Vishakha-Ha, itni jaldi sab kaise hoga; taiyarian bhi toh hai. Panditji 1 ½ mahine baad ka  hai muhurat?

Panditji-19 April, bohot hi shubh hai chaitra navratri ka akhri din hai.

Dadi-Ha toh yahi sahi hai, 1 ½ mahine ka wakt hai saari taiyariyon ke liye. Aaram se sab ho jayega to koi gadbad nahi hogi.

Rakesh-Ha kakiji sahi keh rahi hai, yahi taarikh fix kar lete hai.

Vivek-Ha bhai mujhe toh chalega. Sameer-Naina tum dono ko chalega na?

Vivek asked Sameer and Naina who were sitting besides each other, nodding they both agreed.

Munna(teasing)- Arre bhai, agar 3 dinon mein karni hai toh bolo.

Pandit-Ha hum sab dekhlenge.

Samaina blushed and everyone laughed. All decided the date and fixed 19 April for engagement. Rakesh gave the Panditji his fees and then the ladies suggested of having lunch. All agreed and as the ladies started moving to the kitchen, Vivek said.

Vivek-Bhabhiji sab saath mein hi baithte hai na, aap hume parosengi aur fir baithengi bohot der ho jayegi.

Rakesh-Ha Rama, sab saath baithte hai, aisa karte hai terrace pe khana khate hai. Bahar mausam bhi acha hai, aur sab ek saath hi honge.

Preeti-Ha maa, sab upar hi chalte hai. Folding table aur chair hai, khana rakhne ke liye.

Rama-Thik hai jaisa aap chahe.

All agreed and moved towards the terrace. The ladies got all the food while the gents brought up all the seating equipments. Sitting around the circular table all sat down for lunch. Naina got the water bottles and kept it on the table when Sameer hinted her to sit besides him, through his eyes. Naina checked that no one saw his hints and slowly with the excuse of sitting besides Advait, Naina sat besides Sameer and between him and Advait.

***********************

Once the lunch was over, everyone climbed down. All the elders sat down discussing about the preparations neeed while the younger ones took up the responsibility of cleaning everything. Preeti Swati started washing dishes when Advait whined to go down in the park seeing some other kids there. Munna reluctantly took him down while Samdit and Naina took everything down. Pandit took the last batch of chairs and moved down when Naina came up to take the remaining water bottles. As she came up Sameer looked at her and their eyes met. Naina stiffened a little but kept moving towards the table where Sameer was standing. Sameer smirked inwardlt and waited for her to come near. And as she did; picked up the bottles and turned to go Sameer held her hand and pulled her in a way that her back touched his front.

Nainagasped and her eyes widened as his hand went on her waist. Sameer smiled seeing his effect on her and huskily whispered.

Sameer: Sagai ki date fix hogai! Congratulate nahi karogi?

Thinking of something she too said.

Naina: Aapne mujhe kiya?

Sameer’s lips curled as for the first time Naina complained for a thing left undone by him.

Sameer: Oh! Toh tum mere badhaiyon ka intezaar kar rahe thi?

Naina: Hmm.

Sameer: Thik hai fir.

Sameer leane more closer to her ears and whispered.

Sameer: Congratulations Mrs. Naina Sameer Maheshwari!

Naina closed her eyes hearing her name joint to his. It sounded perfect and soothing to the heart; hearing and saying. He too felt different as he called her his missus. Naina slowly opened her eyes after a few seconds and blushingly said.

Naina: Thank you.

Thanking him she stepped ahead to go but he pulled her again; this time face to face. Her eyes widened as she crashed into him and as her hand went on his shoulder. He looked at her in the eyes and slowly tucked the loose flick behind her ears.

Sameer: Mujhe congratulate nahi karogi?

Naina(slowly): Congrats.

Sameer: Sirf congrats se kaam nahi chalega madam, meetha bhi chahiye.

Naina: Maa ne banaya toh thi kheer.

Naina looked up innocently while smirking Sameer continued.

Sameer: Ye wala meetha.

Saying this he forwarded his cheeks and Naina realized which ‘meetha’ he was asking for. Sameer waited for her but she was still processing his wish.

Naina: Dhat!

Slowly slapping his cheek she blushed and ran out of his hold leaving him grinning wide.

 **********************

Dadi: Toh thik hai, Sagai yaha Delhi mein hogi. Aur taiyarioyon ki chinta koi mat karo, ek ache se event manager ko appoint kar lete hai.

Dadi stated in front of everyone who had now gathered together again. Naina and Sameer looked at each other and smiled. But Rama realized something and said.

Rama: Ek dikkat hai.

Everyone looked at her.

Rama: 19 April ko Navmi hai na, toh bhog chadhana hoga. Ab sagai hotel mein hai toh Bhog kaise chadhayenge?

Vishakha: Arre haa! Bhog lagaye bina vrat thodi khel sakte hai.

Preeti: Agar hum hotel mein mataji ki choti murti ya photo ke jaake bhog lagaye toh?

Swati: Ha aisa ho sakta hai.

Vishakha: Lekin bhog toh ghar ka hona chahiye na, hotel ka kaise chadhayenge.

Naina: Agar hum Champa ko bolle ghar pe bhog banawa le aur waha chadha de toh?

Naina suggested of asking their maid Champa to make the bhog.

Rama: Ha, hum Champa ko keh sakte hai. Aur ab ghar ek hi hone wala hai toh ek saath hi bhog chadha denge.

Dadi: Thik hai fir hotel mein hi bhog laga dete hai. Subah koi na koi prasad le aayega.

All agreed and were relieved; hoping the things go as planned.

*****************************

Painted in the hue of orange and blue, teamed up with the golden Ray's of the emerging sun; the sky stood cool and pleasant inviting a new day. The early riders chirped their morning ritual, cool breeze blew all over along with a light golden colour covering the natural and man made creation full of beauty and magic filling the hearts of our leads with a promise of a new beginning.

The ladies clad in simple traditional kurtis and cardigan on the head, sat down near the small idol of maa Durga. Offering haldi-kumkum and some flowers they prayed to the goddess to accept their fast and for their future. Naina, who was excited and nervous as well for the new journey of her life, prayed the goddess to bless her and her fiancee to stay happy and together.

Soon they offered the prasad and completed the pooja. The men too prayed and Sameer wished to keep Naina happy and that their engagement goes pleasant without any disturbance.

Vishakha: Swati, Naina aur Sameer ko le Jao aur shagun ke gehne de do.

Swati: Ji maa. Aaiye janaab!

As Vishakha instructed, Swati took Naina and Sameer to her room. She asked Naina to sit in front of the mirror and digged in her suitcase. Naina sat and through the mirror asked Sameer 'what?' to which he just shrugged his shoulders. Just then Swati came with 2 boxes of jewelry.

Naina: Bhabhi, yeh? Iski zarurat nahi--

Swati: Shh! Ekdum chup (pause) Yeh meri taraf se nahi hai, yeh toh shagun ke hai. Rivaz ke taur pe ghar ki nayi dulhan ko yeh pehnaye jaate hai aur fir woh aage pass on karegi. Ab tum iss ghar ki nayi bahu banogi toh yeh saare gehne tumhare hai.

Saying this she opened a box containing a beautiful diamond set. She then gave the necklace to Sameer and said.

Swati: Chaliye janab, apni dulhan ko sajaiye!

Sameer gently took the neck piece and looked at Naina. Sh looked down and slowly shifted her hair to one shoulder. He bent a little and placed the piece on her neck and then slowly pulled the string to tighten it. The elegant diamond piece looked perfect on Naina. Sameer looked at his queen through the mirror just then Naina's eyes met his and he smiled appreciating her look.

Swati then helped Naina with the earrings completing her look; which was phenomenal. Naina looked at Swati who joined her forefinger and thumb complimenting her.

Swati: Toh mahashay, kaisi lag rahi hai Naina?

Sameer(slowly): achi lag rahi hai.

Swati held Naina's shoulder and placed her chin on it, asking Sameer.

Swati: Achi ki bohot achi?

Sameer: bohot achi.

Swati: Oye hoye hoye!!

Swati nudged Naina which made her blush while Sameer rubbed the back of his neck and Swati giggled.

*************************

The stage was all set for the ceremony to start . A white cushioned sofa was placed in the middle of the stage . In the background the white curtains were looking beautiful with purple colour light effect on it . The white-pink delicate flowers along with chandeliers were adding a magnificent look to it .

After getting ready Rama and Vishakha were doing last minute checking of Tilak preparation, till then they were called by their husbands as the guests had started to arrive. They all welcomed the guests happily and with lots of love. Soon Munna and Kabir went to check on Sameer if he is ready or not.

Entering Sameer's room

Munna said

Munna-Arre bhai ready hua ki nahi?

Sameer was fixing his sherwani while looking in the mirror.

Sameer – Ha bhai taiyaar toh hu par mein accha toh lag raha hu na?

Kabir- Accha nahi... bohot accha..Ek number lag raha hai..Naina toh aaj tujhe hi dekhti reh jaayegi.

Munna-Ha bohot handsome lag raha hai.

Sameer-Ha toh..Main toh paida hi handsome hua tha..

Other 2 laughed at him and Munna says.

Munna-Chal bhai hasi-mazak band kar aur chal neeche.

Sameer-Ha.

The trio move down towards the hall. As Sameer enters Vishakha, Dadi and Swati saw him and walked towards him.

Vishakha-Hayee...kitna pyara lag raha hai mera bacha.

Swati-Bohot handsome lag rahe ho deverji.

Dressed in a pista sherwani Sameer was indeed looking the most handsome and seeing so much happiness in his eyes Dadi was really happy and got emotional.

Dadi-Bohot sona lag raha hai..

Sameer-Arre meri darling aap ro kyu rahi hao? Roiye mat warna aapka makeup kharab hojayega ..

Sameer tries to lighjten the atmosphere by flirting with Dadi.

Dadi-Chal-chal chedna band kar, teri darling toh taiyaar ho rahi hai aati hi hogi..

Sameer blushed on this and Vishkha applied a black tika of her kajal behind Sameer's ear. While the others laughed seeing Sameer blush.

Sameer settled down on the sofa and was talking with Zain and Kabir.

Sameer-Tum dono ne sab taiyaari kardi na?

Zain-Ha bhai tu chinta mat kar..

Kabir-Ha ha sab cheeze taiyaar hai.

Soon Naina was also called down as Panditji too had arrived for the Tilak ceremony. Preeti and Pinki were told to bring Naina down. When she reached the doorstep of the hall all the lights got dim and 2 spotlights were on one on Naina and the other one on her Hero, who was standing near the stage for her.As she stteped inside the hall Zain, Kabir, Munna and Pandit started spreading rose petals, to make her way full of flowers. Naina was surprised to see this. She took slow steps and when she stood in front of Sameer, more rose petals were showered on her from top, she got startled at first but then was enjoying it with a big smile adorning her face. She then saw Sameer who was admiring her.

Sameer was mesmerised seeing the beauty in front of his eyes. Wearing a yellow dress with not-so-heavy makeup and long earings with her long hair left open...as he liked. Naina was looking breathtaking.

Both were adorning each other and were feeling blessed to have each other. They had a sweet eyelock and Sameer asked.

Sameer-Toh Ms.Agarwal kaisa laga surprise?

Naina-Bohot.....bohot accha...mujhe bohot special feel ho raha tha.

Sameer-Tum special hi toh ho.

Sameer winked and Naina blushed and then he held Naina's hand and they moved towards the sofa and got settled.

Panditji started the Tilak ceremony first. Vishakha and Rama did the ritual as Panditji instructed.

Panditji-Abhi anguthiyon ki thali layiye aur aap dono ek dusre ko anguthi pehenayiye.

Preeti brought the Thali which was decorated with flowers with rings in the middle.

Vishakha and Rama handed the rings to Samaina.

Sameer forwarded his hand to Naina and she made him wear the ring. Now it was Sameer's turn. Sameer asked for Naina's hand by forwarding his. But then Preeti said.

Preeti-Ek minute...ek minute...Jijaji itni aasani se nahi milega haath.

Pandit too joined her.

Pandit-Ha bhai zara acche se propose toh kar..

Naina was blushing hard while all the elders agreed with Preedit.

Sameer-Acha acha thik hai.

Sameer got on his one knee holding the ring in his hand.

Sameer-So, Ms. Naina Agarwal....Will you marry me?

Naina was acting as if she is thinking but then said.

Naina-Yes.

Naina forwarded her hand and Sameer slipped the ring in her ring finger and got up.

All the family and friends congratulated them. And Sameer and Naina were happy that they were finally engaged.

************************************

After the ring exchange and hundreds of photos of family and friends and some of the couple, the food counters were open and the bride and groom were made to sit together on a big table along with the family members. The waiters started serving them all while Rama was attending all the guests who were almost done with their meal when she saw Mamiji standing near the hall door.

Rama: Prabha ji?

Mamiji almost jerked and turned around but then smiled seeing Rama there.

Rama: Aap yaha kya kar rahi hai? Andar chaliye na.

Mamiji: ha, woh ek call aaya tha toh isiliye bahar aayi thi.

Rama: Acha!!

Mamiji: Waise sach mein, main badi khush hu Sameer ke liye ki usse Naina jaisi saathi mili. Akhir aap dono ke hi toh sanskar hai. Aap toh apni beti ek god liye hue ladke ko de rahe hai, isse hi samajh aata hai ki aap kitne nek hai.

Rama looked at Mamiji who constantly was mentioning Sameer as an adopted child. She just smiled and replied.

Rama: Sanskar bhi toh apne hi bachon ko diye jaate hai, jaise Vishakha bhabhi ne Sameer ko diye hai. Unhone usse god zaroor liya hai lekin hai toh woh unhi ka beta.

Mami was dumbfounded hearing Rama's words, she fake smiled and Rama continued.

Rama: waise bhi Naina uske saath khush hai toh hume aur kya chahiye.

Rama too passed a small smile to Mamiji and then asked her to join the other members for the meal.

*************************
The delicious aromatic food was served in each ones plate making them more famished. Sameer and Naina who were sitting together were silent and waiting for the guests to give them some privacy to talk. But soon they realized it was near to impossible, so Sameer slowly held Naina's hand under the plate making her gasp. Her eyes widened first but then kept herself composed.

Naina(whispered): Sameer haath chodiye na.

As she whispered pleading him, he smirked and nodded.

Naina: Koi dekh lega,....main khana kaise khaungi?

Sameer: Don't worry, main khila dunga.

Naina: Sabke samne? Kya sochenge Sab?

Sameer: Madam ji thoda dheeraj rakhiye, dekhna yeh sab hi mujhe tumhe khilane karenge.

Naina: Par--

Naina tried to object but just then Munna came there and stared at their table, making Naina cover their intertwined hands with her dupatta. And then Munna exclaimed.

Munna: Arre bhai, dulha-dulhan ki do alag alag plates kisne banayi?

Hearing Munna, Pandit too joined him.

Pandit: Aree ha!! Yaha toh 2 plate hai. (To waiter) Bhai sunna, yeh 1 plate le jao, dulha-dulhan ek hi plate mein khayenge.

Sameer: Pandit, iski zarurat nahi hai.

Swati: Kaise zarurat nahi hai? Rivas hoti hai yeh, 1 plate mein khane ki.

Preeti: ha, kyunki jhoota khane se pyar badhta hai.

Preeti said dramatically making everyone laugh.

Vivek: Chalo bhai shuru karo.

Rakesh: Ha sab hai yaha, ab shuru karo.

Naina: Papa, Dadi nahi dikh rahi hai.

Dadi: Yahi hun main.

Samaina turned to look behind where Dadi was standing. She came towards them and stood behind Samaina's chair.

Dadi: Chalo bhai shuru karo, sabko bhook lagi hai. Sameer khila Naina ko.

Sameer nodded and gave Naina a 'told you' look.

Dadi: Pehle chawal khila beta, vrat khol rahi hai na.

Sameer dipped the spoon in the rice and then forwarded it to Naina. Naina slowly ate the bite fed Sameer while everyone else hooted.

Dadi: chalo Naina, ab tum bhi khilao.

Vishakha: Mithai se shuru karo.

Naina picked up the bowl of rasgulla and was gonna poke the spoon when Munna said.

Munna: Arre pura khilao, haatho se.

Everyone agreed and Naina kept the spoon back down. She gently dipped her fingers and held out the rasgulla making him eat the whole one. Everyone clapped when Dadi asked all the other couples to also break their FAST. All men fed their wives one bite while Dadi smiled emotionally, seeing her children.

Naina looked at Dadu and realized how Dadi must have felt seeing the couples as it was her first fast without Dadu breaking her fast. Even her eyes misted as she held her hand.

Naina: Dadi aap bhi baithiye na.

Dadi: Ha ha, main baithti hu waha.

Naina: Waha nahi yaha, hamare saath.

Naina said and even Sameer nodded but Dadi denied, at last Naina said.

Naina: Dadi please....hamare liye.

Seeing Naina pleading, Dadi gave in and Sameer asked the waiter to get another chair. Making Dadi sit between them, they both fed her a bite breaking her fast. While all looked at them in awe.

**************************
The sun went down and moon came up. The clouds had gotten a sudden fascination to the moon and wrapped around it, painting themselves white to grey from the faint glow passed through the moon. The stars hugged the sky as a mother to her newborn. Naina stepped out in the balcony of her room (in the hotel) after freeing herself from the heavy clothing she was in. Just the she saw Sameer sitting down in the lawn all alone. Without wasting any time, she wrapped herself with a shawl and went down.

"Aap soye nahi?"

Sameer looked up and saw Naina standing behind him. He smiled and patted beside him, hinting her to sit. She sat down and asked again.

Naina: aap soye kyu nahi?

Sameer: neend hi nahi nahi aa rahi thi.

Naina: Kyu?

Sameer: Kyunki....main ab tak believe nahi kar paa raha ki hamari engagement ho chuki hai.

Naina chuckled and took his hand and placed besides her and pointed to their rings.

Naina: ab?

Sameer smiled and intertwined his fingers with hers and grinned looking at her her.

Sameer: Ab!

Seeing his act, Naina nodded and giggled. They sat there for a while in silence just holding each other's hand.

Naina: Aapko subah bura toh nahi laga?

Naina asked him breaking the silence while Sameer looked at her in confusion.

Naina: Woh..maine khana khate wakt Dadi ko hamare beach bithaya toh aapko bura toh nahi laga?

Sameer: Naina, main naaraz kyu hounga? Tumne jo kiya woh theek tha.

Naina: Aaj jab sab pati apne biwiyo ka vrat khulwa rahe the tab Dadi thodi emotional ho gayi thi, unki aankhon mein khushi toh thi lekin ek dard bhi tha. Shayad Dadu ko miss karne ka. Yeh unka pehla vrat tha na unke bina toh sabko dekhke unhe bhi Dadu ki yaad aagayi hogi.

Sameer: Mm, Dadi apne aap ko bohot strong dikhati hai lekin Dadu ke mamle mein bohot weak hai, shayad isiliye main unke liye bohot possessive hu. Lekin tumne jab aaj Dadi ko hamare beech bithaya tab mujhe bohot khush hui ki meri saathi bhi mere apno ko apna maanti hai, unhe respect karti hai aur unse utna hi pyaar karti hai jitna main karta hu.

Sameer looked at her with misty eyes and said while she smiled tightening her hold on his hand. They again sat there in silence, looking at the moon.

Sameer: Ek baar jab main, ma aur mere dusre cousins ke saath khilone lane gaya tha na, tab saari ladkiyo ne woh pari wali doll li thi. Mujhe bhi woh bohot pasand aati thi aur maine bhi wahi liya toh sab mujhe chidhane lage aur kehne lage ki ladke dolls aur pariya nahi lete.

Najna heard his story attentively wanting to know why he suddenly started with it.

Sameer: Tab maine ghar aake Dadu ko sab bataya aur rone laga, tab unhone kaha tha ki ek din jab main bada ho jaunga tab mere paas bhi ek sundar si pari aayegi hamesha ke liye. (Pause) Aur dekho aaj meri pari aa hi gayi.

Dheere dheere, haule haule, chupke se ab hoga.
Kehte hai yeh pyar kisse hum
na jaane kab hoga.

Looking in Naina's eyes he said said the last line. His eyes were filled with love and care and that too just for her. She smiled and hugged him; wrapping his arm around her he too rested his cheek on her head.

Bade ache lagte hai,
Yeh mausam, yeh baate,
yeh uljhan aur tum...

They talked for a while and then when patted to leave for their room, Naina's hair tangled in his shirt button pulling her again towards him. They shared an eye lock and slowly she tried to untangle her hair under his intense gaze. As she was done, he pecked on her forehead making her blush.

Kuch jaana, kuch anjaana sa mujhko toh woh laage,
Saari raina sapna banke woh aankhon mein jaage.

Naina came in her room and kept her shawl on the bed sitting beside it. She remembered his cute surprise that he gave when she entered the hall. The way she was showered with Rose's and then his love made her feel very special.

Bade ache lagte hai,
Yeh taare, nazaare,
Yeh chanda, aur tum....

She then walked towards the balcony door and watched the dark sky. The way he spoke about her, mentioning her as his fairy made her heart swell with love. And then the way he spoke about his Dadi made her realized that he loved his family above all, which is quite rare in any person nowadays. She felt blessed of becoming a part of this family, his family and him. She looked at the moon and smiles at her destiny.

************************
After a few days of Samaina's engagement, Preeti was back to Mumbai. The mumbai traffic was deadly packed and adding onto it, the hot and humid climate had a rise giving the Mumbaikars a tough time. Observing the road crowd, Preedit decided to go on a scoot instead of a cab to reach the hospital in time. Preeti had a sonography appointment and Pandit was with her as soon Preeti was gonna shift to Delhi at her parents house for delivery. Soon the couple hopped onto the 2 wheeler and started to the hospital.

"Aap abhi kaisi aayi?"

The doctor asked Preeti who laid on the clinic bed for sonography.

Preeti: Kyu?

Doctor: Baby ki position kuch theek nahi hai, ache se saare organs nahi dikh rahe hai; tum scooty ya rikhsaw se aayi ho?

Preeti(slowly): ha.

The doctor looked at Preeti unbelievably and sighed. She asked Preeto to get up and change into her clothes. Preeti got up slowly and apologized to which the doctor replied.

Doctor: Sorry nahi, ab toh daant padne wali hai. Tumhe aur tumhare husband ko bhi.

Preeti got down the bed and changed into her clothes. After a minute or two she came out and the doctor got her in her cabin where Pandit was already waiting. Making Preeti sit on the chair besides Pandit, the doctor sat on her chair.

Doctor: We need to talk.

*************************

Hey guys!!

So so sorry for the delay, we both were caught up with some college work hence weren't able to give the story much time. But beacuse of our delay, to compensate our fault this chapter is a long one with all emotions of different characters and as usual  our cliffhanger.

Please do tell us in the comment section if you liked the chapter and if you did, which part was your favourite.

Also not to forget, please give my new  OS: WHAT A LIE!  a read and tell me how it was.

Love,
Shambhavi and Hemangi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...
984 247 14
"When you're too focused, distractions are bound to happen." "As if. I won't let anyone come between me and my goals." "You're too young. But when i...
15K 1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
2.6K 256 10
"Why can't the earth stop rotating and the time stops moving, when I am with you?" Sameer questioned her, caressing the back of her hands with his th...