Substitute Father (Ross Lynch)

By Writing_Babe

When Skylar Evans discovers that her boyfriend of two years has been cheating on her, she thought that would... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Sequel's up!

Chapter 27

5.8K 149 50
By Writing_Babe

Last chapter! Hope you enjoy it! And Olivia was born on November 1st, by the way.

Gently grabbing Olivia's hand, I brought it up to my lips, smiling when she opened her eyes, revealing her beautiful brown orbs. Sticking out from under her cap was her gorgeous brown hair, and I still couldn't believe she had so much hair on her little head.

"I can't believe you're here, princess." I murmured, stroking her soft cheek. "You're only two hours old, but you already have so many people who love you."

The bathroom door opened, and Ross walked out. "My siblings are blowing up my phone, and I have a feeling they're going to break down the door if we don't let them in soon."

I laughed, just picturing the scene of my friends breaking down the door. "They can come in once I shower and change out of this gown. Can you take her?"

"You don't even have to ask." He gently took Olivia and cradled her in his arms, a smile spreading across his face. "Hey, princess. You don't mind spending some time with daddy, do you?"

I smiled as I watched Ross with Olivia. It was obvious that he loved her.

Gently swinging my legs over the bed, I pressed my palms into the mattress and pushed myself up, slightly wincing at how sore my body was. "Are you sure you're okay to move around?" Ross asked worriedly.

I nodded, smiling softly at his concern. "Dr. Wirth said it's fine. I'm gonna be sore for a while, but I don't want that stopping me from taking a shower. I feel all gross." I kissed his cheek, followed by my daughter's forehead. "Is the bag in the bathroom?"

"Yeah, it's resting on the sink." He answered. "Maybe you should have a nurse help you. You just gave birth two hours ago, Sky."

"Ross, I'm fine." I assured him, squeezing his arm gently. "It'll only take me a few minutes. And once I'm showered and changed, you can get everyone so they can meet Olivia."

"But then they're going to hog her." He pouted, running the back of his finger over her cheek.

I chuckled softly. "She'll be with us all the time, Ross. Let your siblings hog her a little." I stared down at Olivia's face, watching her cutely yawn and curl her little fists around her face. "Maybe they can come tomorrow."

He laughed and kissed the top of my head. "Then Rydel will kill you. Go take a shower, Sky. I have a feeling Olivia will be asleep by the time you get out."

I nodded reluctantly and sighed. "Fine. But she better not do anything cute in her sleep. I don't want to miss anything." I kissed her forehead once more before strolling into the bathroom. I quickly emptied my bladder before stripping off my clothes and entering the shower. If I could, I would stay in there for hours, but I wanted to get out and hold my little girl. Once everyone would meet her, I wouldn't be getting her back any time soon.

I exited the bathroom after taking a nice, hot shower dressed, in a pair of Ross' sweats and a baggy t-shirt. My hair was up in a messy bun, but there was no longer sweat practically matted into it so I was fine. I instantly smiled when I saw Ross rocking Olivia back and forth, humming softly. Walking up to them, I noticed that she was fast asleep.

"Told you she'd be asleep by the time you came out." Ross whispered, the smile never leaving his face.

I rested my head on his arm and stared down at Olivia's face. "I still can't believe she's here. I'm afraid of waking up and finding out I'm still pregnant."

"I think all that pain you went through is proof that this is not a dream." He said, chuckling softly. "Go sit on the bed, Sky. You shouldn't be moving that much."

"Yes, Doctor Lynch." I teased, slowly climbing onto the bed. I leaned back against the pillows and held my arms out. "Gimme."

He gently kissed her forehead before placing her in my arms. Olivia stirred slightly, but didn't wake up. "I'll go get everyone."

"And make sure Rydel doesn't squeal like a teenager when they come in, because I don't want Olivia waking up." I told him. Knowing Rydel my entire life, I knew she loved to squeal when she got really excited or happy. She needed to be warned before coming in here.

"Then you might as well put duct tape over her mouth." Was all he said before walking out.

I shook my head, chuckling slightly. "I hope you're ready to meet your family, baby. They're the craziest bunch I know, but also the most lovable." I gently kissed her cheek, smiling against her skin.

The door slowly opened and everyone quietly walked in, gasping when they caught sight of Olivia. Ross softly sat down next to me on the bed, allowing someone else to claim the chair.

"Sky, she's beautiful." Rydel commented, tears brimming her eyes. "She looks just like you."

"And here come the water works." Rocky groaned, causing Rydel to roll her eyes and slap her brother over the head. "Okay, ow."

Riker smirked. "You should've kept your mouth shut."

Matt walked over to my bed and kissed the top of my head before smiling down at his niece. "Hey there, cutie pie." He murmured. "She's so beautiful, Sky. She definitely gets her looks from her mom."

And you have no idea how glad I am for that, I thought.

"Want to hold her?" I asked Rydel. She nodded rapidly, a smile on her face. I gently placed Olivia in her arms, and my blonde best friend immediately started cooing.

"How're feeling, Sky?" Stormie asked, walking around the bed to kiss Ross on his head.

"Tired and sore," I answered. "But really happy." I had never been so happy in my life, and I knew Ross felt the same.

"Well, we won't keep you from resting. We'll get out of your hair." She said.

I immediately shook my head. "You guys don't have to leave yet."

"Besides, I don't think Rydel is giving back Olivia anytime soon." Ryland commented, casting a glance at Rydel who was making funny faces at my sleeping daughter.

I smiled, chuckling. "Leave your sister alone. Just wait and see how she'll be with her own baby."

Almost instantly, Ellington and Rydel looked at each other. Rydel slowly handed Olivia back to me before stepping back into her husbands embrace, his arms wrapped around her shoulders. "I'm kind of glad you brought that up, Sky." She told me, her bottom lip wedged between her teeth.

"What's going on?" Ross asked, clearly confused.

"And why do you look like you're going to shit yourself?" Rocky questioned, quirking an eyebrow at his sister and brother-in law.

Rydel rolled her eyes. "Because we didn't want to tell you guys yet, especially since we just found out ourselves." Ellington said.

I stared at the two as they both fidgeted slightly, and my eyes widened as realization dawned on me. I wanted to jump up and hug my best friend, my excitement getting the best of me.

"I'm pregnant." Rydel announced, causing everyone in the room to gasp.

"Honey, congratulations." Stormie hurried over to her daughter and wrapped her in a tight hug. Mark kissed his daughter on the cheek and patted Ellington on the back.

"Dude, you violated my sister?" Rocky asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes and quickly glanced down at Olivia. She was still fast asleep, and she just looked so peaceful.

"Ignore your brother." Mark ordered, shaking his head at his son. "Congratulations, Del." He kissed her forehead.

"How far along are you?" I asked. I couldn't believe my best friend was pregnant. I knew she always wanted a baby, and now she was getting one with the love of her life.

"Only a few weeks." She answered, smiling at Ellington. "We just found out last week, but decided to wait to tell you guys. But I honestly don't think I'd be able to wait any longer before I just blurted out the news. I was dying keeping it a secret."

I grinned. "I'm so happy for you, Del."

"Yeah, congrats, sis." Ross stood up and wrapped his older sister in a hug. "And if you want practice, you can always babysit Olivia when Sky and I want to go out."

Everyone in the room laughed. "Honey, I don't think you'll want anyone babysitting Olivia anytime soon." Stormie said. "Being separated from you child for the first time after they're born is the hardest. I cried when I left Riker alone with your grandma for the first time."

"And now you just cry because he won't leave you alone." Ryland joked.

Stormie just shook her head at her sons. "Alright, I think we better leave Ross and Sky alone. They've had a long day."

As everyone started filing out of the room, I quickly stopped Rydel. "Del, did you bring the thing?" I asked, discreetly looking at Ross from the corner of my eye. He was staring at the two of us, confused.

She nodded and reached into her bag, pulling out an envelope. She handed it to me before exiting the room, closing the door softly behind her. I shifted on the bed slightly, making sure Olivia was still asleep in my arms.

"What did Del give you?" Ross asked, nodding towards the envelope.

My heart rate increased as I placed the envelope in his hands. "Open it."

He gave me a lingering look before focusing his attention on the envelope. He carefully ripped open the seal and pulled out the papers that I had been waiting to give him. I watched him as he unfolded the papers and started reading them, his eyes widening every few seconds.

"Say something." I murmured after a few moments of silence.

He looked at me, tears filling his eyes. "Y-you want me to adopt Olivia?" His voice wavered as he spoke.

I nodded and looked down at the little bundle of joy in my arms. "I want you to be her father officially. She's your little girl as much as she's mine, Ross. You were there for me when Ben wasn't, and I will be forever grateful. You are Olivia's father, blood or not, and I want that official."

I wasn't sure he was aware of the tears rolling down his cheeks, but he didn't seem to care. Without another word, he reached for the pen on the table and quickly signed his signature on the line. I pressed a soft kiss to his cheek as I gently handed Olivia to her father, and he smiled.

"I'm your daddy, Gummy Bear. I will always be your daddy." He leaned down and kissed her forehead softly. He turned to me and pressed his lips against mine, his eyelashes tickling my cheeks. "Marry me, Sky." He murmured.

I pulled back, my eyes wide. "What?"

"Marry me." He repeated, his voice soft. "I'm already the luckiest guy in the world, but I'll be even luckier if I get to call you my wife." He leaned his forehead against mine. "I know I don't have a ring, but I will buy you the perfect one as soon as possible. But right now, I just need to know that you will be mine forever. So please, Sky. Will you marry me?"

I looked into his brown eyes and searched for any sign of hesitation, but found none. All I saw was pure happiness.

"Yes."

And that is the end of this book! I'm sad to see it end, but I will be writing the sequel as soon as I can! I hope you guys liked this chapter! And Rydel is pregnant! Yay! Vote and comment! I really enjoyed writing this chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 901 17
Brandy Powers isn't very popular in school. She's ignored, but her sister is totally opposite. When Brandy's parents died in a fire while on vacation...
19.2K 1.3K 26
"Why'd you have to go make things so complicated? I see the way you're acting like you're somebody else, gets me frustrated." ...
30.6K 828 30
Riker and Ross Lynch both begin developing feelings for each other and fall in love, the only problem is they are brothers. Rocky Lynch and Ellington...
46.2K 727 45
Ramona Roxy Lynch was your typical school girl who had a loving family and a best friend she could count on. But when a huge secret comes out, will e...