Lowkey

By leiiii403

Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known... More

Authors Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chpater 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 41

42.9K 1K 588
By leiiii403

Arabella

"𝐔𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭"

A large hand came over my mouth to keep me quiet, while an arm was tight around my waist. I squirmed in their grip, but still, the darkness made it difficult to see anything.

Thankfully, a light turned on, and my eyes widened as I spotted my very own boyfriend in front of me, sporting a mischievous smirk.

His hand released as I slapped his chest.

"Roman!" I squealed and took a step back from him.

I huffed and put my palm over my racing heart, "You can't do that to me."

With a small twist of his lips, he gazed at me emotionlessly, as if he was entertained by the situation.

"Sorry." He leant against the wall, shrugging.

I scanned him momentarily when my rushing heart had slowed down. He was dressed casually in a pair of baggy denim jeans and a grey sweatshirt. White sneakers for the shoes.

His slim neck was adorned with a single chain. On both lopes, a pair of diamond stud earrings, and silver rings flashed on the fingers.

Looking at his soft curls, I observed that they were ruffled and unruly but still appeared baby soft. I moved my gaze away from his hair and towards his chiselled form.

Comparing to the last time I saw him, his jaw was sleek and smooth. He now had a slight bit of scruff along his jaw, which only added to his attractiveness.

Fuck my boyfriend hot.

Biting my lower lip, I return my gaze to his, which were fixed on mine already. Amber collided with grey, and my heart skipped a beat. Or maybe more.

He took a step forwards and took large strides towards me, only taking three steps to get in front of me.

As his tongue peered out and slipped across his bottom lip, my gaze was drawn to it. The sight of it caused abnormal swarms of butterflies to erupt within me.

When his two hands drew to the sides of my face, my vision returned to his eyes. He stashed a few strands of hair to the side by brushing his finger across them.

Slowly, he leant down, his gaze darting between my lips and my eyes, a devilish smirk on his lips. While he lingered over my lips, the colour of his eyes altered, and I watched with a gleam.

When he was only inches away from connecting to my lips, his voice spoke slowly and deeply.

"Buon compleanno, ragazza mia."

Translation: "Happy birthday, my girl."

I smiled, and his lips pressed against mine. Softly kissing me with ambition. Slow and pulsating, the kiss was delicate and sweet.

As he stroked skilfully and stealthily across my lips, my legs became complete jello.

His lips absorbed me and relished me to a point where I had to hold onto his shoulders for support.

We pulled away mildly. My eyes fluttered open and he smirked against my lips, licking his own before tucking his bottom flesh into his mouth.

My eyes physically narrowed in on the sight, that was absolutely alluring and inherently erotic. Even though he wasn't doing it on purpose, the view was enticingly tempting.

After a few seconds of stillness, my mind had rendered, and my view was replaced with a bouquet of flowers.

I blink and shift to confront them, seeing that the bouquet was a mix of all of my favourite.

Pink Roses, Daffodils, red Dahlias and white Gardenias.

My head became entirely cloudy and my lips grew into the largest smile I'd had all day. When I looked up he was already staring at me, his eyes calm.

I leapt and wrapped my arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly. Automatically, he caught me with ease.

"Thank you, Roman." Kissing his cheek, twice.

The smallest curve of his full lips couldn't have made my day any better. A faint smile greeted them, revealing his hidden dimples.

I took the flowers from his grip and examined them all. They smelled amazing and matched their appearance perfectly.

The two hands that were holding me up, placed around the back of my thighs, roamed around my skin.

My skirt was lifted by the hand, which landed on one of my ass cheeks. Pulling me entirely out of the boutique I was admiring, he looped a single finger around the outset of my lacy thong.

Glancing up at him, he looked at me impassively with his mixed eyes and mindlessly nibbled on his bottom lip.

"What are you doing?" I asked him while flushing red.

As his dark eyes stared right through my soul, he gave me another devilish smirk.

"Getting your attention." He replied calmly.

I pursed my lips, and he gave them a sidelong glance before shaking his head and kissing my cheek.

He lowered me to the ground, adjusting my skirt that had hitched up further, and then patted my bottom.

"You've got class, Bellissima,"

I frowned and turned around on my heel towards him.

"You do as well,"

He shook his head and turned the doorknob, pulling the door open.

"I've got work."

My heart sank a little. I know it was clingy, and lord knows how much I despise clinginess, but it was an unexpected feeling.

Plastering a fake smile I nod my head in understanding, while he stares at me blankly.

The hall was empty; no one was present, implying that everyone was in lectures.

Before I could walk away, I was abruptly pulled into his chest, his hard muscles beneath the linen pressed against me.

He held my cheek in his palm and delicately brushed his thumb over my skin.

"I'll be with you tonight," In his coarse voice, he said softly.

I sighed deeply and gave a tentative nod.

"Okay," I replied and randomly traced circles against his bicep.

I returned my gaze to him and smiled softly, pointing a finger to my cheek.

Emotionlessly, he lowered his head slowly and kissed me three times. The first one landed on my cheek, the second on my forehead, and the third on my lips.

He leant aside as I triumphantly smiled in satisfaction.

Tightening my hands around the flowers, I separate myself from him and wave goodbye.

He nods once with his lips tipped to the side.

Both of us turn around, going our opposite ways.

My hands tighten around the hem of my dress, pulling and adjusting the fabric.

Scanning over my appearance, I nod approvingly and turn off my speaker.

Lizzo's voice fades as I take my perfume bottle in my hand and spritz a small amount along my collar.

Currently, I was getting ready for the party. Along with the other guests, Kara and Aydan would arrive soon.

My Uncle Andre, Aunt Vi, and Uncle Eliot were the only ones present. Along with my grandparents, my Aunt Iris, Uncle Alec and a few others that are close with us would arrive soon.

Aunt Iris and Uncle Alec were both former dance partners of my mothers, they were close with her and still are till this day.

Slipping on my heels, I throw my hair over my shoulder and grab my phone, sending a quick text to Kara to let me know when she's here.

After finishing up, I exit my room and proceed down the stairs.

I strolled up to my brother, who was smoking outside on the patio. I sat on the railing and faced him.

"You look nice." He said as he released the smoke.

I scoffed at his 'compliment,' and arched my head at him, studying him briefly.

"You look nice as well," I quipped sarcastically and he chuckled, dropping the bud in the ashtray.

"C'mon," He took my arm in his and ushered us into the house.

Everyone came through at the same time as we did. Our grandparents were the first to welcome us, hugging and gifting us. While the others entered, they went over to my parents.

My gaze was drawn to the door when it opened again after greeting those who had come through.

When Lucien Agnello and his banana-haired girlfriend entered through the door, he smiled when he saw my father, followed by Nicolo and me.

Roman walked in after him and my breath caught in my throat. My father left my mother and my grandparents, walking over towards Lucien and shaking his hand.

Nicolo and I greeted him with a hug and a handshake from his girlfriend. Moving on to his son, he walked in cold and emotionless.

My father shook his hand and moved away with Lucien. Nicolo was the first Roman wished, doing the 'bro' shake they do. Leaning against the threshold, I stood to the side and watched.

Nicolo looked towards me, walked by me, and gave me a subtle wink.

I shake my head at him and look across to Roman, who's staring at me already.

"Hi," I greet and gradually he leans down, placing his arms lightly on my waist and I hug him back.

After a brief hug, we pulled away from each other, keeping a safe gap between us.

With a small black gift bag in his hands, he raised his arm out towards me, looking into my eyes.

I grabbed the bag from him with my lips slightly apart, staring between it and his eyes.

"For you." He gave a nod to the bag.

Pursing my lips, I smile.

"Thank you. You didn't have to get me anything,"

He shrugged carelessly and gave a blank stare around the room.

I peered into the bag, pink tissue paper covering the top to keep the contents hidden. I decided to save it for later and keep it in my room for now.

"I'll be back. Everyone is down the corridor," I explained and made a hand motion towards the room.

He gave a quick nod and dragged his gaze across my body. I blushed as he took me in slowly which deeply warmed my body with tingles.

I turned on my heel swiftly and rushed back up the stairs. But, I stopped at the very top when his voice spoke again.

"You look beautiful, Ella."

My movements came to a halt as my palm tightened around the bag's straps. When I turned around, he was gone, walking into the other room.

Breathing deeply, I wander back into my room with my heart racing.

Lucien chuckled at the story my uncle spoke about, to do with Nicolo and me when we were younger.

"Mhm, and Nicolo was on the verge of ripping half her hair out. Thankfully, Landon intervened in time; being only three years old, that child was like a wild animal." Everyone laughed when Uncle Dre had spoken.

"Who came out first?" Banana blondie asked, and my mother leant into my father's arms, evidently drunk.

"Arabella did," My father replied, rubbing my mother's arm.

"Oh, how sweet." The girlfriend exclaimed and gave Nicolo and me a sweet smile.

I smiled back politely and looked away from them, and towards the person who sat across from me.

He sat across from me, subtly sipping whisky from his glass. We had both made very little eye contact throughout the night, severely for our purposes.

But it was strange to me. We both pretended to be strangers across from each other, yet almost no one knew how close we actually were.

Our gazes locked once again, and his lips twitched slightly at the sides before returning to their regular straight line.

I turn away from him and return my attention to Kara, who had begun to talk to me. She commented on the gift she got me and how much I was going to like it.

"Bella?" She called, I looked away from Roman's direction and moved to her. She smirked deceptively and abruptly rose from her seat, clasping her hands together.

"Okay, photo time?" Everyone groaned, except for my mother who had giddily gotten up from her position, racing to grab her phone. While Aunt Violet grinned and did the same.

"See what you did Kara?" Nicolo grumbled and got up from his seat, but Kara only smiled and swatted his shoulder in response.

"Okay! I'd like to take the twins first, then the rest of the family." Aunt Violet announced and everyone got into positions, sighing loudly.

After a few group photos with friends and family, I took a solo shot with Kara, Aunt Violet taking the picture.

Kara stepped forward, retrieving her phone from Aunt Vi and turned to face me.

"I want you and Roman to take one together. The last photo, I promise." She announced aloud and grinned, pulling me forwards with her hand.

My eyes widen and she winks at me subtly, pushing me into a stance.

Roman looked at me blankly as he rose from his seat and walked over to stand alongside me.

"Okay, closer." Kara urged, waving her hand between the gap beside our bodies.

My gaze went towards my parents, who were, fortunately, occupied with each other to notice what was going on.

My arm wraps around his slim, muscular waist while I inch closer to him, his hand gently slipping behind my back. 

"Alright, smile!" Kara exclaimed and snapped a photo.

I put on my best smile and looked up at Roman, who had a wholly blank expression.

Frowning, I pinch him to get his attention and he looks down at me.

"Smile, for me?" I tried my best puppy dog eyes on him, which seemed to work since his lips tilted into one of his small smiles.

As he continued to smile down at me, my smile grew even bigger.

The sound of a phone taking multiple photos jolted me up from my stupor.

"Yes!" Kara cheered happily, causing everyone in the room to look at her.

Immediately, I separated from Roman whilst Kara blushed red and coughed her embarrassment away.

Everyone went about their business as I returned to my seat and Kara sat down next to me.

"I sent it to you," She winked and turned to Nico.

Out of curiosity, I grabbed my phone and opened it up to the message Kara sent me.

I waited for the photo to load after tapping on it. A sliver of a smile came on my lips as soon as it did.

Roman and I were standing next to one other, his arm around my waist and mine around his arm.

We were both looking at each other, a smile on each of our faces. Mine is significantly larger than his.

Our gazes were locked, and it truly looked like the perfect photo.

I averted my gaze from the photograph, saved it to my camera roll before deciding to send it to Roman.

Hesitantly, I hit the send button. From across the room, I cast my gaze across to him, seeing his eyes flicker to his phone and open the message.

As I assumed he tapped on the photo, the same ghost of a smile appeared on his lips.

Our eyes met from across the room and I pursed my lips, blushing.

Feeling the heat rush to my cheeks, I glanced away from his amber eyes.

I sat on the side of my bed, the small black bag clutched in my hands.

I was sifting through all of my gifts now that the night had come to an end. Nicolo loved the rings, and we had both placed them back on after so many years.

The last present I opened was the one Roman had given me. I gingerly peeled away the pink wrapping paper, revealing a lilac-coloured envelope beneath.

Curiosity poured over me, and I slowly tore the paper from the envelope, opening it. Inside were two paper tickets of some sort, which I removed and held in front of my eyes.

My jaw fell when I read the information.

It was a ticket to the art competition in Central Park. Five of the world's top artists gathered in New York to judge a variety of works by young, growing artists, such as myself.

And whoever won the competition had their piece shown in one of New York's most prestigious art museums.

Tickets were exceedingly difficult to come by, as people from all over the world wanted to contribute.

I hadn't planned on purchasing the tickets because they never lasted long on the website, and the competition only came around once every two years.

I realised I'd probably told Roman about it before. It was something that's always been on my wishlist.

The competition would be held at the end of the year—December more accurately.

My stomach was swirling with tingles, and my heart was aching with a surreal feeling.

I went to bed that night with a smile on my face.

Utterly content.

~ Authors Note ~

I apologise for the Daffodil reference towards anyone who's read Moonlight <3

Arabella's dress is also above ^

- lei <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.1K 63
Amara Volkov, the daughter of the Russian mafia leader, is one of their best assassins'. She has trained all her life in order to please her father a...
38.8K 962 31
Evelyn Thompson, 19, is a sweet girl, who's fearful of the outside world because of the disability that she has. She's an ordinary girl, just like mo...
672K 20.4K 54
𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺. The woman of impeccable beauty was the infinite definition of her name. Calm and poise. Born into a violent life of guns and knive...
339K 9.2K 32
Dimitri's voice lowered, sending shivers down my spine. "Unless your goal is to get me hard princess, best believe I'll be using your tongue as my re...