365 Days With You: Part 1 and...

By EricaStanciu

(On here is about 70% of book one and two. I have the completed version on Amazon.com) After a tragic acciden... More

365 Days With You
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Published series information
Chapter 1: Part 2
Chapter 2: Part 2
Chapter 3: part 2
Chapter 4: Part 2
Chapter 5: Part 2
Chapter 6: Part 2
Chapter 7: Part 2
Chapter 8: Part 2
Chapter 10: Part 2

Chapter 9: Part 2

320 7 0
By EricaStanciu

Ali was bouncing around the room with excitement and ignoring Jace's obvious irritation with her. They had only been here a few days but, it felt like they had already been through so much. From the hatred of the council to Jace's new found leadership, it was overwhelming at times. Luckily today they were going to be able to go out and have some fun.

"Would you please stop jumping around? You're making me nauseous and I'm not even the one with motion sickness," said Jace.

Ali knew it was just his nerves. she could sense that he was excited to go but also dreading the trip.

Ali hopped over and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. "Everything okay?"

"Yes!" He exclaimed, throwing his jacket onto the chair. Jace sighed and sat down. "I mean no, I'm not okay."

Ali stopped her excessive celebrating and sat down in Jace's lap. She ran her fingers through his unruly hair until she could see him slowly begin to relax.

"What's the matter?" She said, her voice soft and gentle.

He hesitated, biting the corner of his lip, before finally speaking. "I know this sounds childish but, I'm nervous that no one will like me. My father was very much loved. How do I live up to that?"

"You can't try to be your father. That's impossible. Just be yourself and people can decide if they like you or not."

Jace loosely wrapped his arms around her as he continued to stare at nothing. "And will they like me?"

Ali pulled back and waited until Jace was making eye contact with her. "Of course they will. I think you're amazing. Just use some of that charm you only like to show me and you'll be fine."

Jace smiled and kissed Ali until she was breathless.

"What was that for?" She asked, her cheeks flushed from rush he always gave her.

"Because I love you."

"And I love you too," she said, running her fingers down the back of his neck. "Just please leave the grumpy old man at home. No one wants to see him today."

For the first time this morning Jace gave her a genuine, deep belly laugh. He lifted her up and playfully threw her onto the couch.

"Jace!" She squealed. "You're going to mess up my hair!"

"Your hair that you never brush or stylestyle?"

Ali waved her hand. "That's besides the point. Please help me up."

He lifted her off the couch and gently set her on the floor. Ali made it a point to brush off her clothes and fix her hair until it was perfect. Jace waited patiently the entire time as he sat on the couch and smirked at her.

"Okay," said Ali, checking over herself one last time. "Let's go."

"Since when did you care so much about your appearance?" He asked, stretching his long body.

"Are you trying to say that I always look frumpy?"

"No," he replied, giving her about flat look. "You look amazing without even trying. Now every time we leave the room you make sure to look your best. I was just asking why."

"Because I want to make a good impression. As you can tell, some of the council members don't like me and I'm really trying to change that. I realized that the Shifter world is much bigger than just the stupid people in my small city. This is all new and interesting to me so I'm trying to be on my best behavior."

Jace looked thoughtfully at her before nodding his head. "Fair enough. Now let's go."

They walked out of the suite door and Ali could feel her good mood instantly deflate. Juliette was smiling brightly at both of them. She had on a casual pair of jeans with a nice sweater.

"What do you want?" Sighed Jace.

"Didn't you hear?" She asked, fluttering her eyelashes. "I'm going with you guys. So are Justin and Brooke. Michael said it would be easier if the people saw some familiar faces."

To Ali's surprise Jace just smiled. "Sounds like a great idea. Where are Justin and Brooke?

"Right here," said a familiar voice. Brooke closed the bedroom door behind them and waved to everyone.

"Morning," said Jace. "Is that small pastry shop still open?"

"Sure is!" Exclaimed Justin.

"Then that's where we're headed first. I missed that place."

Justin sighed dreamily. "Me too."

All of them, except for Juliette, we're giddy with excitement. She was the only one who looked upset that no one reacted to her going. Ali was actually proud of Jace for not engaging with her. She didn't even know he was capable of doing that.

As soon as Ali stepped outside the bright sun hit her face. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The air was fresh and crisp, something she missed about her small city.

"Do you want a vehicle?" Asked a voice from behind them. Ali and Brooke were the only ones who jumped.

"No thank you," said Jace, not bothering to turn around.

He paused briefly before walking down the millions of steps. If Ali wanted to exercise she now knew where to go. She could just climb up and down the capitals stairs.

As they continued towards the city Ali had to admit that she was a bit envious of Justin and Brooke. She found herself constantly looking at how open their relationship was and wishing she could be that way with Jace. Their feelings were still new and she wanted the chance to expand on that. Being here really hindered those emotions.

Oh well, thought Ali. At least she was lucky enough to admit to someone that she loved them and they loved her in return. Not many people ever got to experience that.

Once they hit the street Jace slowed down, allowing the others to pass him until he was next to Ali.

She looked up at him, blinking rapidly from the bright sun. "What are you doing?" She whispered.

Jace pulled out a pair of sunglasses and slipped them on his face before answering. "Standing next to my body guard. You never know when I'll need protection."

"Okay," replied Ali as she shoved him playfully.

The fresh air was doing wonders for everyone. Even Juliette was in a better mood. She was humming to herself and smiling at the different people passing by.

They had barely left the capital when Jace suddenly stopped. In front of them was a tiny wooden cart. It had six stools and a large umbrella.

Jace slipped off his sunglasses and smiled brightly at one of the oldest looking women that Ali had ever seen. Her face was dark and wrinkled from constant sun exposure and her hair was so white that even the freshest snow couldn't compare.

"Mr. Sarmiento!" Gasped the woman. "I didn't know you had come back."

Her Italian accent was so heavy that Ali had a hard time understanding her.

"I'm back for good and I couldn't come out here and not have some of your pastries." He leaned forward and rested his elbow on the counter. "And to be honest," he whispered, "Your food might be the thing I missed the most."

The woman grinned, her eyes filling with tears. "Thank you so much Mr. Sarmiento. It's good to see you."

"Just Jace," he said, waving his hand.

"Of course Jace. What do want today?"

"This lovely lady and I," he said, gesturing towards Ali, "Would like the strawberry pastry, the tomato soup, and a coffee."

"And your friends?" She asked.

"Hi Greta," sang Justin.

"Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed, pressing a hand to her heart. "You came back too! It's very nice to see you."

"Thank you," he said, flashing her one of his signature Justin smiles. It was all teeth and full of charm.

Great looked flustered but, took everyone's order without writing it down. She had it ready in less than fifteen minutes and all of it was perfect.

"Impressive mem...oh my god, this is the best cake thing I've ever had!" Groaned Ali. Brooke nodded in agreement, finishing her whole as try in three bites.

"Just as I remembered them," said Juliette.

"Miss Juliette," nodded Great in thanks.

Once Ali was finished with that she moved to her soup. She had never tasted something so rich and full of flavor in her life. If she could have this soup everyday for the rest of her life then she would be one happy person. By the resounding silence she knew that everyone else agreed.

Ali handed Great the bowl. "I need to know what's in this. That was the best soup I've ever had."

"It's a secret, dear," winked Greta. "And who are you? I've never seen you around."

"A friend of Jace's."

"A very lovely one," replied Greta.

Ali blushed and took a long gulp of her coffee. She immediately pulled the cup back, pinching the bridge of her nose while exhaling.

"Wow," she managed get out. "That is so strong. Is it just coffee?"

"Yes," nodded Greta. "I make it myself. You will be up for the rest of the day."

Ali finished the drink and set the cup down while trying to suppress a cough. "I don't doubt that."

Jace laughed from behind her and set his empty cup on the counter too. "It's the best. Nothing beats Italian coffee." Jace pulled out his wallet and began to dig through it. "How much do I owe you?"

The woman waved her hands and shook her head. "Nothing. I'm sorry about your father. He loved this place too. so no paying."

"He did love this place but I'm going to be. It's I by right."

"Please," said Greta, grabbing jace's outstretched hand with money in it. "I want to do this. Keep your money."

Jace hesitated before pulling his hand back. "Okay but just this one time. Thank you."

"No, thank you for coming out so soon after he passed." Greta's eyes filled with tears again but, she madee herself busy by cleaning up the dishes. for an old woman she did move fast.

Jace nodded and slipped his sunglasses back on. Everyone said their thanks before heading off down the street.

"Are you okay?" Asked Ali.

"I shouldn't have listened to the council," he said.

Ali raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to go backback?"

"No. I mean I shouldn't have went into hiding when my father died. The shifters rely on the security of the council and that was taken away for a while."

Ali moved closer to him so that their arms were touching. "You followed their instruction and did what was best. now all you can do is just move forward."

Jace sighed. "You're right. It just sucks to suddenly realize that I had all this responsibility and chose to run."

"America wasn't arms complete waste," she said.

He took off his glasses arms nd looked down at her. His blue eyes were shining with such emotion that it took Ali's breath away.

"No," he said. "It definitely wasn't a complete waste."

Ali didn't need to touch him to feel the closeness they had right now. She wanted to wrap her arms around him but, just the look he gave her was enough to keep her happy.

As they continued down the street Ali began to notice that people were whispering. Some even began pointing. The insecure part of her immediately thought the shifters were talking about her being only half.

Relax, she thought. This is not all about you. These people are here and talking because Jace is home.

"Looks like you attracted some attention," said Brooke.

Ali envied how sure of herself Brooke was. There was no questioning if someone was going to judge her. She was all human and didn't need to prove anything. If a shifter liked her then great. If not, no skin off her back.

The first person that approached them was a younger man. He took off his hat and bowed his head.

"Mr. Sarmiento?"

"Yes?" Asked Jace.

He fell to his knees. "I can't believe you came back. We thought you had been killed too."

Jace quickly pulled him up, looking slightly embarrassed. "It's okay," he said, patting the man's shoulder.

"We're just glad to have you back. Sorry about your father." He shook jace's hand and ran back over to his friends.

This behavior continued for the rest of the day. Ali became nervous and fell into the roll of body guard. She was hyper aware of all the people approaching. Even the slightest movement had her focusing in.

Not only had Ali become anxious but, Juliette was starting to piss her off. She had basically taken the role of Jace's fiance and started greeting people alongside him.

The crowd eventually quieted down when the sun began to set. The combination of the chill air and it being dinner time made most retreat to their houses or nearby restaurants.

"What now?" Asked Justin.

Jace squinted, looking at his cell phone clock. "Let's head back."

Everyone mumbled their agreement and started the trek back home. Jace looked up at the different buildings and frowned.

"What?" Asked Ali.

"Some of the guards left but not all."

"isn't that a good thing?"

Jace didn't answer her. He continued glancing around and sighing in frustration.

"Ah ha!" He whispered.

Ali was just about to ask what he was doing when a large crowd of people swallowed their group whole. He grabbed her arm and hurried both of them into a small alley.

"What is-"

Jace pushed her up against the wall and pressed his lips against hers. She was too shocked to do anything except return to kiss. When he finally pulled back she was breathless and red in the face.

"What are you doing?" She breathed.

Jace leaned against the opposite wall and grinned against her. "Today was rough. We spent most of the time talking to people who were in tears."

"I remember."

"So," said Jace, his eyes glowing mischievously in the streetlights. "I want to show you that this place can be fun; especially at night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 93 44
prayer book for people use in need
1.5K 109 23
{Will she still be my friend?} . . . You have 1 week to find your stalker.If you can't find him in 1 week,he will go to your room every night but if...
328K 13K 23
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...