365 Days With You: Part 1 and...

By EricaStanciu

(On here is about 70% of book one and two. I have the completed version on Amazon.com) After a tragic acciden... More

365 Days With You
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Published series information
Chapter 1: Part 2
Chapter 2: Part 2
Chapter 3: part 2
Chapter 4: Part 2
Chapter 5: Part 2
Chapter 6: Part 2
Chapter 7: Part 2
Chapter 9: Part 2
Chapter 10: Part 2

Chapter 8: Part 2

255 4 0
By EricaStanciu

Ali followed Jace down a long hallway. They were silent but not because there was nothing to talk about. She was just amazed by all the pictures hanging on the wall. Jace had told her they were previous council members. Some look like they went back all far all so they sixteen hundreds. Those were paintings and pretty well preserved.

They all stopped right before a large metal door where the oldest pictures were. "This is my relative and one of the first men we have on record that served on the council."

"Amazing," whispered Ali in awe. "You look like him."

"My dad thought so too. Anyway, ready to eat dinner?"

Ali let out a deep breath and nodded. She didn't mind eating with the council even though most didn't like what she was. The thing that bothered her was the threat of the constant bicker. She hadn't realized how hurt Jace still was and he was taking it out on the council.

Jace spun around. Ali didn't even have a chance to react as he quickly bent down and placed a sweet kiss on her lips.

She blushed slightly. "What was that for?"

"I have to spend at least an hour talking to these people. That's an hour I have to pretend that I'm not seeing you. I just want you to know that you're important to me."

Ali's eyes softened as she gently cupped his cheek with her hand. "I think I was wrong about Shifters. You have your moments but, I think you're one of the sweetest people I've ever met."

Jace pushed one of her curls behind her ear. "Only for you." He gave her one last kiss, which she was able to return, before reluctantly pulling back and opening the door.

The aromas that hit Ali's nose were overwhelming. They were delicious, flavorful, and made her mouth immediately water. It was nothing like she had ever smelled in her life.

The two of them rounded a corner and entered a large, open eating area. In the center was area beautiful wooden table with matching chairs. Of course they were the last ones to arrive. The entire council was there; accompanied by Juliette, Olivia, and Justin and Brooke.

Brooke made eye contact with Ali and smiled brightly. She waved a quick hi before going back to looking nervous. Ali didn't blame her. Being a human in a place like this was probably overwhelming. She was handling it much better than most people would.

Michael was the first to stand. "Good evening," he said, gesturing towards two chairs. "Glad you two could finally join us."

"Sorry," mumbled Ali.

Jace didn't even bother acknowledging Michael. He sat down and immediately began pouring himself some wine.

"Want some?" asked Jace.

Ali wrinkled her nose. "Not tonight."

He shrugged, topping off his glass with the last bit. Ali watched him in disgust as he downed the first glass. She wasn't surprised when he went for a second.

"Is this a competition?" asked Justin. He grinned and finished his glass before Jace was done pouring his.

Jace paused for a second before laughing and taking another drink of his. "No competition here. Just needed to get some alcohol in my system."

Robert glared at Justin and snapped his fingers. "Stop acting like acting like an animal."

"Well technically I am an animal," replied Justin.

Jace laughed again which earned him a glare from Robert. He was about to say something when Michael loudly cleared his throat. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at him.

"It's been a stressful time here at the capital. Jace has suffered much more than anyone should. Let's just please have a nice dinner."

Everyone, Robert included, mumbled in agreement. Even Ali found herself agreeing with Michael, whose presence was overwhelming. the pull his wolf had was strong. She couldn't help but obey him and it bothered her. That would be a question she would ask Jace later.

No one spoke again until the first part of the dinner was served. It was a tomato basil soup and one of the best that Ali have ever tasted.

"So," said Juliette, carefully cleaning her mouth with a napkin. "Where are you from, Ali?"

Jace sighed. "You know where she's from. It's part of your job."

Juliette frowned. "I was just trying to make friendly conversation. Sorry Ali," she said, turning her attention back to her. "How is your family?"

"They were fine the last time I saw them. Hopefully I'll get to speak to them soon."

"That's good," said Juliette, nodding her head. "I hope you get to talk to them too."

Ali thanked her and went back to eating her soup. She wasn't sure what Juliette was trying to pull but, she was going to be just as friendly.

Christopher pushed his empty bowl forward and patted his stomach. "And what about you, Jace? Anything new? My Juliette is still single."

"Dad!" she whispered, a slow blush rising to her face

"I'm not seeing anyone and Juliette and I are over. I'm sure she'll make somebody very happy though."

Ouch, thought Ali. She knew Jace would be asked questions about a relationship since some thought he was with her but, it hurt a lot more than she thought it would when he denied it. Now she knew why his mom had gone crazy. To have someone love you one second and then pretend you don't exist the next, is crushing.

Jace must have noticed her mood change because he bumped her shoulder with his and smiled down at her. "And what lucky guy are you dating?"

"No one," she said, returning the smile with a small one of her own. "I am interested in a guy though."

"Oh yeah?" he asked, resting his chin on his hands. "And what's he like?"

"He's like a desperate puppy that wants my attention but I won't give it to him."

Justin let out a laugh that quickly morphed into a cough when his dad stared at him.

"Go on," said Jace, the smile never leaving his lips.

Ali twirled her hair. "Well, he's a huge jerk with an ego as big as the capital."

This earned her a chuckle from Olivia.. "He sounds like a headache."

Ali nodded her head enthusiastically. "Oh trust me he is. Maybe when he matures a bit more our relationship can work out. Until then, one can only dream."

"I hope he figures it out soon enough," said Michael. he winked at Ali before turning his attention to the server who was taking away his bowl.

A few minutes later all their bowls were taken and a steak was brought out; accompanied by a salad. Ali's mouth immediately began to water. The steak smelled delicious a d even the salad looked good. This was something she could get used to.

"So," said Virgil, the twin who had shorter hair. "I hope you don't mind me asking but what branch of the military were you in? I must admit that I don't know much about America's military."

Ali normally didn't like talking about her military career but, the combination of good food and company had persuaded her. The council seemed friendly enough. No one had tried to attack her yet except for Robert but, that was inevitable.

"The army. It was the only branch that I would do well in that didn't frown upon hand to hand combat."

His brother Timothy tapped his chin, looking thoughtfully in Ali's direction. "That's interesting. We're the ones in charge of training and I'd like to see what you can do. We heard a bit about your school and it sounds impressive."

Ali blushed. "Thank you. It would be nice to train again. I do miss it."

"Perfect," smiled Virgil. "Then it's settled. Give me some time to work out the details and I'll be contacting you."

Ali wasn't quite sure what happened next. Either Juliette didn't like that the attention wasn't on her or she had lost her mind.

"Who cares if she fights?" snapped Juliette. This earned her and chuckle from Christopher and Robert which only seemed to fuel her fire. "It's just the stupid military. That's nothing compared to what we accomplish here everyday."

"Juliette..." said Michael, giving her a stern look.

"It's the truth," boomed Christopher.

Jace finished off his wine and loudly slammed the glass on the table. "No, the truth is that Juliette has nothing to her name but being a puppet for six men."

"That's not what you thought when we were engaged!"

Jace folded his arms and made sure to look directly at Christopher. "And that was the biggest mistake of my life."

Michael stood up and slammed his fist on the table. This successfully got everyone to stop talking and focus on him.

"I'm tired of the bickering. I want to finish my steak, eat my dessert, and let Jace know what is on his agenda. If you want to keep arguing then do it in private because I will no longer be apart of it."

No one said another word as they finished their food. It wasn't until Michael finished his dessert that he finally decided to speak again.

He leaned back in his chair, smiling brightly at Jace. "How was dinner."

"Very good," answered Jace. "It looks like dessert still makes you pretty happy."

"It's my favorite part of the meal!"

This earned him a chuckle from Ali, Jace, and even Olivia.

"Anyway," said Michael, folding his hands across the table. "You very know that your father played an important role with the council. He was our leader and the face of our people."

Jace nodded. "He hated being stuck inside. I remember him going to the city everyday."

"Yes," sighed Michael. "He was a good man. The people loved him."

"He was amazing," agreed Olivia. Everyone else at the table nodded. They didn't always get along but, that was something they couldn't deny was true.

"So tomorrow I'd like you to go into the city and just have fun."

"Aren't you afraid someone's going to shoot him?" asked Justin.

"Justin!" gasped Brooke, slapping his arm.

Michael pinched his brow. "Of course but we'll have a lot of hidden guards and Ali will be with him. I'm confident he'll be okay."

"Seems like fun. I'll go," said Jace.

Ali was surprised. He didn't even put up a fight. She was also excited though. Seeing the city was going to be an experience that she didn't think she would be a part of.

After e the table was cleared everyone said goodnight and left. Jace and Ali were about to head up the stairs when Juliette practically jumped in front of them like a crazed animal. He hair looked wild and she was clearly upset.

"I just want you to know that whatever little game you two have going on will never work."

Jace rolled his eyes. "Leave me alone. This is starting to get pathetic."

He pushed Ali forward and brushed past Juliette. This only seemed to infuriate her further.

"Jace Sarmiento, " she growled. "You will regret this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 86 18
𝐤𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐮𝐰𝐚 𝐭𝐚,𝐤𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐤'𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐚, 𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐚, 𝐬...
2.3K 160 8
His friends makes him understand the definition of LOVE.🖤 Based on the song called L-O-V-E by Natalie Cole.
36.9M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
1.5K 109 23
{Will she still be my friend?} . . . You have 1 week to find your stalker.If you can't find him in 1 week,he will go to your room every night but if...