The Queen's Realm

By aarushi6

πŸ”…πŸ”†Sequel of The Crowned Prince. Can't be read alone, kindly read The Crowned Prince first.πŸ”†πŸ”… As he said... More

Characters & Copyright
Fan Arts❀
The Open Letter
Trailer-TCP
1. Good Morning
2. Broken Yet Beautiful
3. Morals and Tactics
5. Rabbit in Lion's den
6. Game of Chess
7. Holding Hands
8. A ride with Notus
9.One Step Closer
10. Something broke
11. Wine and Wuss
12. Saints don't sin
13.Shy Smile
14. One Month
15. Claim it
16. First
17.Taking down hyenas

4. Congenial

23.1K 1.7K 486
By aarushi6

Happy reading and don't forget to do truckloads of comments. 😘

She felt her sleep breaking off but the warmth she was feeling stopped her from opening her eyes.

She felt so comfortable and protected there. The firmness of something touching her back and and warm breath tickling her shoulder lulled her in a magic spell.

Being aware of his hand laying on her arm but she didn't mind. Instead, she turned around quietly and kept her head against his chest.

She did it very smoothly, not to disturb him at all like air oscillating in a bubble.

Happenings of last night playing in her mind. She took a breath and tried to relax, feeling his heartbeat against her head.

She let the the sinking feeling go away, slowly.
Very slowly.

The air conditioned freezing waves making her cheeks cold but quilt keeping her warm.

Raina wanted to focus on that only, not on anything else, not on that nightmare.

"Are you okay?"

She heard his groggy voice and looked up.

He still had his eyes closed but he pulled her closer, keeping his warm hand behind her head and patted her like a baby.

"Hmmm.", she hummed closing her eyes.

He pulled her closer, feeling her cold.

She snuggled more into him, rubbing her cheeks against his t-shirt.

He opened his eyes and looked over the clock, it was still early, and then again back to her peaceful face.

He wanted this for the longest time,
The distance between them to dissolve like it was never there,
His hands able to touch the vivid curves of her face, anytime.

But again it was never about the proximity between them.

He gripped the edge of blanket and pulled it over her head, covering her whole and tightened his right arm around her.

🔅🔆🔅

"How is it?", he asked.

Raina looked around with a normal face, "Nice."

"Only nice?", he cocked an eyebrow.

Raina turned to face him with a poker face, "Do you want me to comment on a room filled with wrapped things?"

He shrugged.

They were standing in a semi completed cabin which was being designed for Raina in the building of Rajputana HQ.

Adhiraj took her to office for some paperwork the following morning and decided to show her that room.

Raina moves towards the chair behind the desk which was wrapped in brown paper and plastic.

Her fingers skimmed the edge of it, she said, "Let's see how much time I take to be able to sit on this chair.

This cabin was last thing in her journey, she was not going to step inside this room until she would be worthy of it.

Adhiraj held her wrist and spun her around.

Rubbing her palm with his, he said, "Now it's in your hand."

"Hmmmm.", she nodded still looking around.

This place was her destination, she was still to cover the whole distance, she was still to walk through that path.

And she will.

Shaking her head she let out a breath.

No, I am not going to overthink. It's going to ruin things.

Repeating this in her mind, she smiled at him.

He knew that something was going inside her head but he avoided it. He couldn't shield her from herself, now can he?

Adhiraj squeezed her hand again assuring her.

But he will support her nonetheless. He will be there with her. Not telling her where to walk but just walking beside her. Always.

"Let's go to my cabin and there we will sign the papers. After that you are ready to go back to palace."

She nodded and took steps out of the room.

"After you.", he gestured her to walk forward.

She glanced back to see the cabin one last time, just once.

🔅🔆🔅

They entered his cabin.

Raina was still wearing a saree as the visit to office was sudden and it was the last day of guest's stay.

Adhiraj sat on the couch but Raina moved towards his desk to get his laptop after asking for which she received something like, "Whatever mine is yours. No need to ask."

She shook her head and opened the drawer to get his laptop out when a knock resonated.

"Come in.", Adhiraj said aloud.

Raina look at him in surprise.
She was here. Not in her usual clothes. Dressed like a newly wed lady which she was. She came early morning just to avoid people.
And he was letting in the person?

But before that-she can voice out her concern- the person entered inside and it was none other than the personal.assistant of the CEO, Mihir.

"Sir, papers are ready. Should I-", his PA entered inside but stopped in his tracks when his orbs collided with a figure clad in graceful magenta saree with her hair braided elegantly and light gold jewellery adorning her body.

"Raina!!", he exclaimed.

She shot an unbelievable look to Adhiraj but he was seating unbothered, scratching his chin leisurely.

"Hii Mihir.", she croaked out.

"Mihir ,keep those files here.", an order was heard.

He nodded and kept those files on the coffee table, in front of him.

Raina looked down and fumbled with the laptop. Opening the flap, she pressed the button to start booting process. But the system asked for password.

She pressed the lips in thin line thinking hard.

Just then someone whispered something in her ears.

She flinched at that and turned around to see him standing close.

She kept a kand on her chest to regulate her breathing and exclaimed, "What the hell,Adhiraj!!"

But then next moment her eyes glanced at the frozen structure of Mihir whose mind went numb in shock.

She talked harshly to Adhiraj Singh Rathore?

"Ah- I am sorry, sir. I just got startled.", she pressed her lips in tight lipped smile and forced out the words.

It made him chuckle.

Mihir couldn't take it any more.

He was amused?

What happened to that ice king whose presence was enough to degrade the room temperature?

Adhiraj said normally but without any trace of softness, "I was telling you the password Ms. Raina."

She nodded,"Yeah. Sorry,can you repeat that, please?"

He again told her the password and she logged in.

She sent the needed email and placed the laptop back at its place.

He pointed at the files and said in a firm voice,"Raina, these are the documents and you have to go through them."

She nodded and went to keep the files in her bag, "Sure sir. I will take them to home and will thoroughly read them."

"Home... Right.", he muttered very lowly and shook his head, biting back his smile.

"Mihir, I want the meeting room ready.", he threw another order on his PA.

"Already done, sir.", he chimed.

After few words he took his leave but not before noticing vermillion on her hairline, and heena patterns of her hands.

She was married.

Raina turned to him and demanded furiously,"Adhiraj,why did you called him inside when I was here like this?"
She pointed at her attire.

Adhiraj walked towards his chair,"He is trustworthy. Don't worry."

"Still...", Raina followed him whining.

"Sorry sorry, my bad.", he apologised. He kinda forget their situation at that moment.

Shrugging off the coat, he kept it on his chair. The light grey linen fitting on his muscular back and chest.

"I'm going.", she hung her bag on her left shoulder and said distracted.

He turned around and walked to her. Cupping her one cheek, he said, "You think too much,you know."

She looked at him and again looked away. The redness creeping on her neck, making her feel warm.

Pulling her closer, he tucked her a strand back and rubbed her plump cheeks.

Her hands moved to smoothen a crease on his shirt, "Do come before noon. Dadi sa has to go."

He placed his forehead on the alluring curve of her shoulder and nodded.

His hands dropping to hold her elbows lightly.

She was standing straight, letting him bask in her warmth and comfort. Just like she did with him, in morning.

It made her confused, and surprised. How can he drew any comfort from her? When she was sure that she couldn't provide anyone with that. Because she felt that and believed that, it was not in her make anyone congenial.

But this move from him made her a little more confident, a little more empowered. Maybe she could make him feel the same thing she felt in his presence, in his embrace.

Maybe she could.

Her eyes were looking past the glass shields, looking past it and at the same time not looking anywhere.

But she let out a sigh feeling him breathing peacefully on her shoulder.

Thinking of something, she bit her lips and felt her eyes moving downwards but she mustered the courage and moved her head left and found his neck aligned in front of her eyes.

Taking a breath, she placed a chaste kiss on his neck and moulding her stiff body against him.
Hugging him delicately.

🔅🔆🔅

How was this small update?
Hope you liked it.

Do a lots of comments, they are going to cheer me up very much.

And please vote till 600 stars otherwise humare izzat ka kachra ho jayega...

My mom in bg: Tumhari izzat bhi hai kya? 💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 12.8K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...
1.2M 104K 41
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
299K 25.2K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
1.2M 77.3K 48
Sequel to Kismat - Can be read by itself, but you will get some backstory if you read Kismat first! Rohan Singhania - 30-year-old CEO of his father's...